PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Steeler?

Deb
05-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Who is the Steeler......and as much as love and support our teams.................you really couldn't wait till he was gone? He just COULDN'T wait till he gone....traded....released??

K Train
05-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Ricardo Cocface is probably our biggest bust on the roster right now....but i fi had to choose one to go right now there would be only one choice for me

CEDRIC WILSON!

Prosdo
05-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Ricardo for sure.

Stlrs4Life
05-22-2007, 05:51 PM
Guys, I believe she is saying who is already gone that you couldn't wait till they were gone. Mine would be Kordell. I would have given him a ride to the airport.

Koopa
05-22-2007, 06:31 PM
mine was bill cowher, i cheered when he finally announced he was not going to be holding the team back anymore

House of Steel
05-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Kordell for sure.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-22-2007, 07:24 PM
Troy Edwards for me. I hated the pick when it was made back in 1999.lol He had a good rookie year and I still hated the pick. Then the rest of his career went to **** and I really hated the pick even more.lolIts safe I never liked Troy Edwards.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-22-2007, 08:13 PM
Troy Edwards, Kordell, Coc, hell yeah they seriously wore out their welcome and is/was long overdue to hit the road.

Zo Jackson is another one that comes to mind...

SteelerDan43
05-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Big mouth Porter

Stlrs4Life
05-22-2007, 09:10 PM
Forgot about Alonzo Jackson, Troy Edwards, and Scott Shields.

TEEMONT
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
DeWayne Washington

House of Steel
05-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Oh yeah. That is a good name too. CHAD SCOTT got on my nerves too one way to another.

Dan
05-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't know about a Steeler, but for the Bears it's Tank Johnson

introyitrust
05-22-2007, 11:34 PM
Sean Morey

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-22-2007, 11:51 PM
PLEXIGLASS BURESS !! was glad to see him go, so much talent but no desire !!

Blitzburghpete
05-23-2007, 05:54 AM
As good as a lot of names are here i think the one that stands out for me most and it shocks me to say it was i was pleased Cowher went.

The players you all mention to a more or lesser extent for selfish reasons maybe all tried their best, but Cowher in his last season, stood out a mile that he just wasn't the same and this infected the rest of the team last year.

I respect what he did for the club, but the fire was a tiny flame and it wasted a good team in 2006.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2007, 05:56 AM
PLEXIGLASS BURESS !! was glad to see him go, so much talent but no desire !!

No doubt Bleeder, that dude had to be one of the biggest underachievers in Steelers history ! :banging:

ARKIESTEEL
05-23-2007, 05:56 AM
Sean Morey

What did Sean ever do bad......he was a cover team beast:scratch:

House of Steel
05-23-2007, 09:05 AM
I was going to say, Morey is a great special teamer.

PLEXIGLASS was another one, OH MY GOODNESS, I can't stand that good for nothing costing us games with his stupidity at his finest. I can't say how many times I've thrown my terrible towel at the television cause of his BS.

Dako
05-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Another vote for Plax here, with Kordell close behind.

SteelerSal
05-23-2007, 10:55 AM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/26/268150.jpg

Duce, never liked him when he was healthy.
Defense-Alonzo Jackson, Scott, Washington, Shields
Wr's-Troy Edwards, Arnold, Mays

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-23-2007, 11:07 AM
My vote goes to Plax as well. And, although I loved Cohwer from day 1 all the way through the 2005 season, I was happy to see him go. He OBVIOUSLY lost the drive to win and definitely helped in the demise of the 2006 season.

Steelerlyn
05-23-2007, 02:43 PM
Definitely Kordell, good gracious I spent alot of money watching him ... he had some good plays, but it was rare

steelcurtaingal
05-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Kordell, i personally could not stand him, and would have happily driven him out of pittburgh, to say.. the browns stadium?

Koopa
05-23-2007, 03:06 PM
i don't blame plax for not living up to his potential, we just had an offense that didn't allow him too, cowher was a bitch and couldn't coach for ****, that's why we wasted plax...........

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Never mind all the passes Plax dropped and the fact Plax at times played like he was 5-11 at times instead of 6-5.lol Now before you call me a Plax basher well I'm not. I wanted nothing more then Plax to turn into a badass with the Steelers. I rooted for him to the very end when he was with the Steelers. I was so happy when he was drafted back in 2000. But the bottom line if Plax had the work ethic and heart of Hines Ward then Plax would be one of the best WRs in the NFL. Plax only has himself to blame for that.

TEEMONT
05-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Don't forget about Kent Graham....I would gladly take Kordell over him any day of the week.

Kordell wasn't that bad...the main reason people hate him is b/c of all of the stupid rumors thats were always circulating about him. It has a lot to do with the fact that Pittsburgh is kind of a racist city.

introyitrust
05-23-2007, 05:39 PM
What did Sean ever do bad......he was a cover team beast:scratch:

I agree that he was a good special teamer and I even liked them signing him after getting cut from the Eagles at first but as time went on it was clear that he was just taking up a roster spot. While he was a good on kick coverage (although Chidi is better IMO) he was a lousy WR who took a spot away from WR prospects from possibly making the team.
I remember when he actually took the field in the slot (happened once in a blue moon) when we weren't particularly deep at the position (before Santonio and Nate).
I guess that he isn't the worst guy we have had on the roster in recent years (Duce, Plax, Maddox after Ben took over) but he came to mind since he contributed next to nothing except 2-3 special teams tackles a game.

kgreen
05-23-2007, 06:46 PM
Neil O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Kent Graham, Troy Edwards, Plaxico Burress, Lee Flowers, Dewyane Washington, Tommy Maddox, Brent Alexander, Bam Morris.............. I think you might get the point.

Stargazer
05-23-2007, 07:09 PM
I'd have to agree with most everyone on Kordell Stewart.

House of Steel
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Welcome to the Family, Stargazer.

it is KORDELL not CORDELL :haha:

Tommy Maddox, as much as I couldn't stand him as our QB, I will never forget the Cleveland Wild Card game. That was one of the greatest Steelers games I've ever witnessed on television.

PsychoWard
05-23-2007, 07:59 PM
tommy maddox

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Don't forget about Kent Graham....I would gladly take Kordell over him any day of the week.

Kordell wasn't that bad...the main reason people hate him is b/c of all of the stupid rumors thats were always circulating about him. It has a lot to do with the fact that Pittsburgh is kind of a racist city.

Kent Graham was such a clown...I remember when the Steelers signed him. I was like what the **** are they thinking?:lol: He sucked bad very bad.....

As for Kordell he had his good moments as a Steeler. The 1997 and 2001 seasons were his best seasons and were fun seasons. People forget back in 97 Kordell threw for 21 TDs and ran for 11 scores. My biggest complaint from Kordell was his shaky play in AFC title games. He stunk in both 97 against the Broncos and 2001 against the Pats.

I wonder if Kordell had better OCs if his Steeler career would have been better. After the 97 season Chan Gailey left for the Cowboys HC position. Then in 98 the Steelers hired Ray Sherman and he was fired after that season. Then stepped in Keven Gilbride.lol Its safe to say those two didn't use Kordell to his strengths like Gailey did in that 1997 season.

Its just my opinion if the Steelers hired better OC then Kordell could have served better in my mind.

I hate Neil O'Donnell more then I will ever hate Kordell Stewart.:lol:

SteelerFan87
05-23-2007, 08:20 PM
Kent Graham was such a clown...I remember when the Steelers signed him. I was like what the **** are they thinking?:lol: He sucked bad very bad.....

As for Kordell he had his good moments as a Steeler. The 1997 and 2001 seasons were his best seasons and were fun seasons. People forget back in 97 Kordell threw for 21 TDs and ran for 11 scores. My biggest complaint from Kordell was his shaky play in AFC title games. He stunk in both 97 against the Broncos and 2001 against the Pats.

I wonder if Kordell had better OCs if his Steeler career would have been better. After the 97 season Chan Gailey left for the Cowboys HC position. Then in 98 the Steelers hired Ray Sherman and he was fired after that season. Then stepped in Keven Gilbride.lol Its safe to say those two didn't use Kordell to his strengths like Gailey did in that 1997 season.

Its just my opinion if the Steelers hired better OC then Kordell could have served better in my mind.

I hate Neil O'Donnell more then I will ever hate Kordell Stewart.:lol:

I agree 100%. Sherman seemed like he didn't know what he was doing, and Gilbride had no idea how to use Kordell. One time, Kordell ran for a TD and Gilbride chewed him out for not passing. lol
I think it's no surprise the OCs that knew how to use Kordell were the ones that he was actually successful with (Gailey in 97 and Mularky in 01)

And yeah, Kent Graham was probably the worst Steeler I've ever seen. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-23-2007, 08:27 PM
I agree 100%. Sherman seemed like he didn't know what he was doing, and Gilbride had no idea how to use Kordell. One time, Kordell ran for a TD and Gilbride chewed him out for not passing. lol
I think it's no surprise the OCs that knew how to use Kordell were the ones that he was actually successful with (Gailey in 97 and Mularky in 01)

And yeah, Kent Graham was probably the worst Steeler I've ever seen. :lol:

I remember when Gilbride did that. He was such a clown also. I couldn't stand Gilbride. I wasn't the biggest fan of Mularky also but you're right Kordell played much better in the 2001 season with Mularky as his OC.

The game/play I'll never forget from that season is when the Steelers went to Baltimore and beat the Ravens to clinch the AFC Central title. The play was when Kordell threw that 90 yard TD to Bobby Shaw.:tt02:

Stargazer
05-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Welcome to the Family, Stargazer.

it is KORDELL not CORDELL :haha:

Tommy Maddox, as much as I couldn't stand him as our QB, I will never forget the Cleveland Wild Card game. That was one of the greatest Steelers games I've ever witnessed on television.

Thanks for the dubious welcome. Spell check IDs Kordell and suggests Cordell. Funny, I thought I spelled Kordell wrong and went with the spell-check recommendation. Gonna have to add Kordell to the dictionary.:bigthumb:

Stargazer
05-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey HOS go check the Darrell Moose Johnston thread when you get a chance. "Ring of Stars"?:haha:

Stlrs4Life
05-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Oh yeah 32, I also forgot how much I hated Kevin Gilbride!

House of Steel
05-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Gilbride was a trip.

StarGazer, it is OK, were even. I feel like an idiot! :bigfinger: :haha: :haha:

ARKIESTEEL
05-24-2007, 06:47 AM
I agree that he was a good special teamer and I even liked them signing him after getting cut from the Eagles at first but as time went on it was clear that he was just taking up a roster spot. While he was a good on kick coverage (although Chidi is better IMO) he was a lousy WR who took a spot away from WR prospects from possibly making the team.
I remember when he actually took the field in the slot (happened once in a blue moon) when we weren't particularly deep at the position (before Santonio and Nate).
I guess that he isn't the worst guy we have had on the roster in recent years (Duce, Plax, Maddox after Ben took over) but he came to mind since he contributed next to nothing except 2-3 special teams tackles a game.

There are a bunch of guys that play special teams that never see the feild more than that. Morey I am going of what I can recall caught almost ever ball thrown to him and done a pretty good job on kick return also. I still say he should still be in Black and Gold. But you are welcome to think what you want:bigthumb:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
05-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Don't blame Plexico Burress on Bill Cohwer he did all on his own. He was a great target for Ben's first year and is an ecceptional reciever if he only had the passion he would be a hof player.

K Train
05-24-2007, 05:33 PM
i cant see duce being an all time hated steeler for whoever said him...he was with us for 3 years...he was an absolute BEAST for us year one...year 2 he played sparingly but he got the job done and if we hadnt won the game he started against green bay we wouldnt have made the playoffs so realistically he did what he had to and got the job done....he did the job of a backup.

year three it was all cowher, he shouldve never made the roster.

I really like what Jamaine Stephens brought to the team (lol)

Black@Gold Forever32
05-24-2007, 05:46 PM
i cant see duce being an all time hated steeler for whoever said him...he was with us for 3 years...he was an absolute BEAST for us year one...year 2 he played sparingly but he got the job done and if we hadnt won the game he started against green bay we wouldnt have made the playoffs so realistically he did what he had to and got the job done....he did the job of a backup.

year three it was all cowher, he shouldve never made the roster.

I really like what Jamaine Stephens brought to the team (lol)

Jamaine Stephens:lol: What a total waste of space. He couldn't even finish the run test during his rookie season in training camp.

okiesteeler
05-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Chris Gardocki, Josh Miller (punter before Gardocki?)

SteelerFan87
05-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I remember when Gilbride did that. He was such a clown also. I couldn't stand Gilbride. I wasn't the biggest fan of Mularky also but you're right Kordell played much better in the 2001 season with Mularky as his OC.

The game/play I'll never forget from that season is when the Steelers went to Baltimore and beat the Ravens to clinch the AFC Central title. The play was when Kordell threw that 90 yard TD to Bobby Shaw.:tt02:

Was that the one where Shaw had the Superman shirt under his uniform? :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Was that the one where Shaw had the Superman shirt under his uniform? :lol:

I think it was....

BlitzburghNation
05-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Kordell for me,,,,,,,,:popcorn: