PDA

View Full Version : 08 draft

TheSteelMenace
05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/top64.php?draftyear=2008

L:cabbagepatch:ooks to be heavy at T with a couple of guards. Could not be a better case for us, with the needs we will have at OL next year. I wonder if we drafted ths year with the 08 OL class in mind?

strong D
05-21-2007, 11:08 PM
what are we talking about the 08 draft for when the 07 season hasnt even started:dunno::dunno::dunno::scratch::scratch::scr atch::dunno::dunno::dunno::scratch::scratch::nono: :nono::nono::nono::banging::banging::banging::bang ing:

Dako
05-21-2007, 11:16 PM
:tt02:How is the '10 draft looking?

Black@Gold Forever32
05-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Its never to early to think about the NFL draft. Hey the NFL Draft has become a year round interest for some.

strong D
05-22-2007, 09:23 PM
yes its a big interest for me also once the season is over come on

any news on the 2012 draft i mean seriously this is a joke

BlackGold4vr
05-23-2007, 10:38 AM
How can anybody possibly assess needs when we haven't seen how this team plays yet? And how can you put grades on college players who haven't played this year either? Just about every player who was selected in the first round this year did so on the merits of this years play. Guaranteed that if you are that hard-up for having a life that you have already made a list of players to look at for next year, by next January your list won't be worth wiping your *** with. Hopefully this was a joke because it is funny!

:hilarious:

TEEMONT
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
I know who our first pick in the 2029 draft will be.....lol...my son

BlitzburghNation
05-26-2007, 04:02 AM
:tt02:How is the '10 draft looking?

:haha::haha::haha:

introyitrust
05-26-2007, 01:47 PM
I know who our first pick in the 2029 draft will be.....lol...my son

Really? What is his 40 time? :lol:

TheSteelMenace
05-28-2007, 03:06 PM
How can anybody possibly assess needs when we haven't seen how this team plays yet? And how can you put grades on college players who haven't played this year either? Just about every player who was selected in the first round this year did so on the merits of this years play. Guaranteed that if you are that hard-up for having a life that you have already made a list of players to look at for next year, by next January your list won't be worth wiping your *** with. Hopefully this was a joke because it is funny!

:hilarious:

This is no joke with 3 Ol men UFA's next year there is a strong chance we will need OL. I am sorry I posted this, thought someone might like to see who the top prospects are next year.

FC FURY
11-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Steelers 2008 first day Needs.

-*OL(2-3)*...Guard and a Tackle are MUST needs...Steelers could use a "swing" Linemen.

My Targets(players I really like)

Round 1...

Gosder Cherlius Tackle Boston College...Boston College is becoming Oline U..Cherlius is the real deal...He would be a steal after pick 20

Michael Oher Tackle/Guard Ole Miss...Just a flat out stud on a horrible team. Very good run blocker...Great pass blocker.

Round 2

Tony Hills Texas Tackle..Very good feet...Not a great run blocker...He could be a fine NFl tackle.

Kirk Barton OSU Tackle...My favorite Olinemen in this draft...He is big boy with a nasty disposition and great tools.

Chris Williams Vandy Guard Tackle...He reminds me of a bigger Brian Waters...Great technician...Fantastic pass blocker.

Heath Benedict Newberry....Run blocking machine....Just a specimen

Round 3

John Greco Toledo...Has started at every position for Toledo...Great player..Could be a steal.

Max Unger Oregon...He is a little soft for my taste...He has 1st round ability.

Jeff Otah Pitt...Very raw...Very talented...He took Chris Long to the woodsheed...I dont like most home town picks...I would take a long look at Otah.

Oline is deep in this draft...College tackles can make the move to guard...This tackle class is off the charts...If a majority of the Jrs declare...You could get a steal like Barton in round 3.

*Interior pass rusher(1)*...Steelers must find a player who can get rush the passer from the interior of the Defensive line.

Round 1

Cedric Ellis USC...I dont care that he is 6-1...So is Dwight Freeney. Ellis makes plays...I know we have Hampton...Ellis has the rare ability to rush the passer...Ellis will be an ideal player in todays specialized NFl.

Tyson Jackson LSU...How many 300 pound guys you know of that run a legit 4.68 40? Jackson is a 20 year old beast...He needs some work...He has the ability to be an elite player...I mean Very elite.

Dre Moore Maryland....Moore is a high character guy on the field...I have seen Moore play 3 games this year....He dismantled WVU...He is a wrecking ball on the field. He can really rush the passer.

Round 3

Kentwan Balmer UNC...He is Kimo Von Bomber Pilot II...He understands leverage...Has incredible hand strength...And refuses to stay blocked.

Kendall Langford Hampton...Wow...Very Big fish in a small pond...He looks the part...Very long arms Great speed great strength...Great rusher.

*Big Wr who can run and catch* :cursin:

Round 1

Malcom Kelly OU 6-4 225 4.45....STUD

Round 2

Jaison Williams Oregon 6-5 240 4.54....He has problems catching the ball...He can learn to catch...You cant coach his size and speed...Great blocker...Nasty disposition...Alot like Plax coming out of MSU

Limas Sweed UT 6-5 220 4.54...Speed will make or break him..Great hands and body control

James Hardy Indiana 6-6 210 4.55 40...Great hands...Great route runner...Plays faster then 40 time...Has dismantled some very high quality corners.

Kenan Burton Kentucky 6-2 210 4.48...Great player...Great returner...He would be a steal.

Thats the holes I see

K Train
11-04-2007, 12:13 AM
i hate the term big WR.....hate it

K Train
11-04-2007, 12:46 AM
i like your first 2....oher and cherilus

hills...yes
williams...yes

i like moore

Otah...no hes a fat slob that will never play to his ability

and barton is a beast

Koopa
11-04-2007, 03:44 AM
i hate the term big wr too, it's ****ing retarded, most overrated thing ever, just throw to the tight end if you want a big target

FC FURY
11-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Otah...no hes a fat slob that will never play to his ability

Otah is now rated the 4th Best OT in the draft according to 2 fairly decent sources...Phil Steele's and Pro Football Weekly

Ahead of Sam Baker and Barry Richardson.

Otah dominated Chris Long.

The Big Wr label is a label....The Steelers need a tall Wr...Ben would like the Steelers to draft a Tall Wr...

i
hate the term big wr too, it's ****ing retarded, most overrated thing ever, just throw to the tight end if you want a big target

Big Wr who can run and catch

Koopa
11-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Otah is now rated the 4th Best OT in the draft according to 2 fairly decent sources...Phil Steele's and Pro Football Weekly

Ahead of Sam Baker and Barry Richardson.

Otah dominated Chris Long.

The Big Wr label is a label....The Steelers need a tall Wr...Ben would like the Steelers to draft a Tall Wr...

i

Big Wr who can run and catch

you must not watch heath, that boy can run.......... and why if we have the speedster in holmes, he's just as good as any "big" wr out there

BlitzburghRockCity
11-05-2007, 09:31 AM
If we don't take atleast 1 OL on day 1 then we need our head examined. Our depth on the OL is nothing short of subpar and we desperately need new fresh blood at this position. In fact I'd be happy going for 2 OL on day 1.

FC FURY
11-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I am not attacking/ bad mouthing/ Bitching about Heath Miller.

Think of it this way. Future of the Steelers

Santonio Holmes( I am a huge fan)..Is a stud...His speed dictates double coverage on vertical routes.

Heath Miller (I am a huge fan)...Great hands...Decent speed...Great route runner.

Willie Parker....He is kinda fast.

If the Steelers add a Wr like Malcom Kelly or Marcus Monk or James Hardy who do teams double cover?

Offensive football is all about dictating matchups.

BlackGold4vr
11-05-2007, 12:05 PM
If we don't take atleast 1 OL on day 1 then we need our head examined. Our depth on the OL is nothing short of subpar and we desperately need new fresh blood at this position. In fact I'd be happy going for 2 OL on day 1.

:plus1:

Controlling the line of scrimmage is the most important and least talked about aspect of an offense. When the offense controls the line of scrimmage the offense stays on the field, scores points, wears down opposing defenses, and rests your own defense. Our O-line is not what it was and tends to get dominated by good D-lines. 2 O-lineman on day 1 wouldn't upset me at all. All the great weapons in the world just won't matter if the O-line can't open up running lanes or can't protect your quarterback! :2cents:

ARKIESTEEL
11-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I am not attacking/ bad mouthing/ Bitching about Heath Miller.

Think of it this way. Future of the Steelers

Santonio Holmes( I am a huge fan)..Is a stud...His speed dictates double coverage on vertical routes.

Heath Miller (I am a huge fan)...Great hands...Decent speed...Great route runner.

Willie Parker....He is kinda fast.

If the Steelers add a Wr like Malcom Kelly or Marcus Monk or James Hardy who do teams double cover?

Offensive football is all about dictating matchups.

Monk aint worth a first day pick spent on him