PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Tr9

Deb
05-21-2007, 03:07 PM
she's a cowboys fan but a great great sports fan and she just reminds me of me sometimes.....so hey you

tonyromo9
05-21-2007, 03:09 PM
lol hiya
i kinda like the steelers lol nice to have another forum to post on lol

PsychoWard
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
:sup: and :welcome:

TEEMONT
05-21-2007, 03:11 PM
welcome...dont let the mouse slip through your fingers

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 03:15 PM
:welcome: TR9

Hang out here long enough and you'll forget about the Cowgirlie's. When you are ready to step forward and accept the Steelers as the one and only true team that you want to follow we have counselors standing by so you officially accept the Black-N-Gold into your heart! :bigthumb:

Besides... when it comes to winning Super Bowls the Steelers have the upper hand on the Cowboys almost all the time ! ;)

steelersgal86
05-21-2007, 03:25 PM
:greetings::welcome:

Deb
05-21-2007, 03:32 PM
I want to share with you guy a member spotlight I did with TR9.....and why I love these spotlights so much

TSZ MEMBER SPOTLIGHT
http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o257/thesportszonegfx/436645088_2432d5bde5_o.gif

TONYROMO9

I know sometimes with these interviews we tend to pick someone with a high post count...someone familiar....someone we all know. I wanted to do this in reverse fashion this time...introduce you to a member you probably don't know....but I feel....she has a story to tell.
She's one the biggest sports fans I know,
she's a member here, and I hope to see more of her....meet TSZ Member, and my friend, Tonyromo9
also known as Rachel, also known as Ray Ray.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How long have you been a cowboys fan?

Since I was 8

White jerseys or blue?

blue easier to see when they play

Marion Barber3 or Julius Jones?

JJ

How did you find TSZ?

I clicked on the button on Cowboyznut's sig over on Cowboys Pride

have you ever played any fantasy sports?

...yes football and a few of those pick the winner ones

Very cool, well I hope you check some of them out here, the guys are here to help.

Besides Romo...who are you favorite cowboys?
What about non cowboys?

Matt McBriar(yeah I know i like the punter rare thing I guess) JJ, Carson Palmer, Reggie Bush, Peyton Manning and about 40 or 50 other lol. I like players all over the NFL

How did you get to be such a big Carson Palmer fan?

Oh well I love USC and he went there and I follow him to the NFL and after he got hurt a while ago and I watched him bounce back I just fell in love with the guy. plus hes not a crappy person he's a good player and a good person. I like to see players with both qualities

Do you follow any other sports?

Yes basketball, NASCAR,NCAA basketball and football, and MLB

What grade are you in?

I am a senior so 12th

I know I have told you this and you laugh at me...but you are an inspiration to me.

I know you to be very courageous and open and going to leave it up to you how open you want to be right now. You've been very open about your blindness.....and I think your story maybe can help others. We all have our handicaps. Some are more noticeable, some are more extreme.

How long has it been? How do you use a computer?
How do you and your family cope? I know you have a very close family

hah yeah well I am not laughing at you its just I don't see how thats possible. I am just a kid who sits at home all day. I thought ppl who inspired others did great things, but if you say so I will go with it and stop arguing with ya about it.

Okay...I was born with most of the eye problems I have. I have 12 different tones. Some of these are...Glaucoma, micro cornia, astigmatism and the others are way too hard to spell even with spell check. lol. I had cataracts removed when I was a barely a week old and that was my first operation. Since then I have had a total of 19 eye operations for different things. I had a tube put in my right eye when I was 10, and lasers don't last a year. I am looking at having a cornea transplant this year. I use a cane, but hate having too so we wont go there. I have a reading machine that has a screen you put a book or mag under it and it puts a huge image of it on the screen. (I like to stick odd stuff under it too like chips and footballs and such. They look way cool up close).

For my computer, I use Firefox which allows you to make the text huge by hitting ctrl X. I hit that about 6 times to use this forum, ok. Sometimes, if like today, my vision is worse than yesterday, I hit it about 9 times. Yeah it changes slightly from day to day...not huge changes just small ones, like slowly darker, more blue and such. Yesterday I had an issue with the new forum theme because my eyes were acting way sensitive to light. It hurt.

I take meds to hold down my glaucoma, but it is a progressive disease and I will eventually lose my sight. But that's ok...I have met Emmit Smith and will never forget what he looks like. I am making plans now to see all that I want to before we go there.

To watch football, I require another person who tells me in great detail whats going on. I both love and hate football. It's a constant reminder that I need help and sitting slightly clueless for 3 hours can be hard. But I bring paper and write notes down about the game to keep me entertained. I blog about it on ym and myspace as a reporter so I never forget the game. I work my hardest everyday to make sure that I run my life not my eyes. I am no quitter. I don't want pity. I don't want people feeling sorry for me. I am a strong kid. I can handle it. My family does as well as they can dealing with this. Sometimes I have little fights with my mom because she cares more about my eyes than I do. I don't always take my meds like I should. Yet another aspect of trying to ignore it. She sometimes gets upset and sad that I go through this, but I make wise cracks about it ands she gets happy again. I have to stay happy. What good does sulking do? If you have any questions, feel free to PM me about it. I like answering questions about my eyes. I am afraid of failing I guess. Enough of that.

What do you want to do when you get out of school?

Sportscasting or psychology or maybe I'd like to work with kids who have eye problems

If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?

That football never ended lol. I hate the off season. Id like to make people more aware of kids and teens with eye problems and teach them how to react with it.

Well in closing, I am glad you signed up here....I hope to see more of you and I know....everyone else here is going to hope the same thing. These are good people here...trust me on that one...and Thank you Ray Ray

BBG7
05-21-2007, 03:37 PM
welcome to SA

SteelersWoman
05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2431/glitterblueroseshelloqk5.gif

Prosdo
05-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the site!

House of Steel
05-21-2007, 07:01 PM
:welcome: :sup: TR9. About darn time you came over to join the Steeler Nation. :tt02:

tonyromo9
05-21-2007, 09:22 PM

Hang out here long enough and you'll forget about the Cowgirlie's. When you are ready to step forward and accept the Steelers as the one and only true team that you want to follow we have counselors standing by so you officially accept the Black-N-Gold into your heart! :bigthumb:

Besides... when it comes to winning Super Bowls the Steelers have the upper hand on the Cowboys almost all the time ! ;)

wel that be kinda hard since im a bengals fan LOL but i like learning anything about football so this well be cool cant say ill be on here as much as CP or TSZ but ill hang around now and then

thankx for the welcome guys

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 09:37 PM
wel that be kinda hard since im a bengals fan LOL but i like learning anything about football so this well be cool cant say ill be on here as much as CP or TSZ but ill hang around now and then

thankx for the welcome guys

It doesn't matter who you are a fan of because if it it's not the Steelers then it's obviously the wrong team! :bigthumb:

strong D
05-21-2007, 09:37 PM
welcome to sa

tonyromo9
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
It doesn't matter who you are a fan of because if it it's not the Steelers then it's obviously the wrong team! :bigthumb:

lol well see

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Welcome to the BLACK and GOLDEST site on the web !! :tt02::tt02:

okiesteeler
05-21-2007, 10:09 PM
you will become a steeler fan, that is fact.

tonyromo9
05-21-2007, 11:04 PM
well i wouldnt say fan maybe interested in the team lol

xxxyank
05-21-2007, 11:14 PM
Ok TR9 doll... tell them how it is... i got your back

floodcitygirl
05-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Welcome to SA! Enjoy!!!! :tt02:

Dako
05-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Welcome!

spent
06-04-2007, 08:41 AM
ray ray the running back is in the steeler's house...hi doll!!

Bucsfan4ever
06-04-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome to SA...Enjoy!!

Stlrs4Life
06-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Welcome to SA!

BlitzburghNation
06-04-2007, 08:29 PM

Beat cowgirl welcome so far,,,,,,,:clap:

Captcoolhand
06-04-2007, 09:26 PM
:welcome: