PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: DieselMan

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM
DIESELMAN

Steeler Addict - Dieselman took a few minutes to allow everyone to get to know him a little more by answering the questions for this month's SA Member Spotlight. Check it out !

How long have you been a Steeler fan? I've been a Steeler fan since 1972.

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? The first game I ever watched was against the Raiders and the infamous "Immaculate Reception". I seen that play and it was on from there.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? I like Polamalu

Why are they your favorite player? Polamalu plays with a lot of heart and leaves it all on the field.

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? Jack Lambert of course He showed the league how to play the LB position with an attitude and never left a teammate hangin out to dry.

What is your favorite Steelers memory? Wow, there are so many.....All of the SB's, anything to do with the Steel Curtain, big hits, teeth knocked out and blood on the field Now thats Steeler football!!!

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Is there another sport?

How did you find Steeler Addicts? Steelerlyn and BlacknGold Bleeder had been telling me about SA for a while after I left SF, so I finally decided to come check it out after a few months.

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? Cool fans, great place to "hangout" and BS with Steeler fans and everyday stuff. Its like a family, I've seen people with problems come on here and get some help with pretty good advice. Everybody is here for each other one way or another.

What do you do for a living? I'm a diesel mechanic, been turning wrenches for about 20 years now....Love it!!!

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? I know a few people know this, that I'm currently working in Iraq supporting our troops.

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Being outspoken, tell it like it is. I don't pull any punches and if I make a promise to someone, I always keep it. A man is only as good as his word.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? I've got 2 trucks a 95 F-150 and a 94 full size Bronco. Ford Rules!!

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? I'm not perfect by any means but I'm pretty happy with how I turned out, if I was to change anything I wouldn't be who I am today.

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? I love working on cars and trucks, rebuilding engines, riding my Harley, taking my dog to the creek and playing frisbee golf.

Favorite TV show? CSI and The Shield are about even.

Favorite video games? Madden football and 1st person shooter games.

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? I usually watch football by myself or with friends. My brother is a cryboy fan so he never gets invited to my house but my mom does call me when I'm working and tells me the Steeler scores.

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do ? Plenty of beer and my terrible towel, thats all I need.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Beer and chips and dip, if its cold out, plenty of chili.

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? Sadly...None. but I'm hoping to change that this year.

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field ? 3 Rivers....lot of tradition and great games played there. Heinz is coming into its own.....

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle"?I seen both, kind of a toss up, without either one of them, those seasons would've been over with.

-Tom

Deb
05-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Great interview, it was a lot of fun to read

ARKIESTEEL
05-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Hey that was cool can we expect to see a new one ever week or so???:tt02:

floodcitygirl
05-21-2007, 09:08 AM
Great idea! Enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing, Diesel! :bigthumb:

steelersgal86
05-21-2007, 09:38 AM
very nice...thanks for sharing :bigthumb:

House of Steel
05-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I know Diesel pretty well. That was a fantastic read, buddy.

PsychoWard
05-21-2007, 09:53 AM
very good read and a great idea thanks!

Deb
05-21-2007, 10:10 AM
its always fun to read more about people you post with and I think chris is on his way to becoming the next Geraldo ;-) LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
05-21-2007, 10:38 AM
Hey that was cool can we expect to see a new one ever week or so???:tt02:

This will be a regular thing on SA. You can a link to it as well on the homepage :bigthumb: . Right now it will probably be once a month that we'll choose a random member to do the survey then post it up.

Glad you all like it !

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 11:20 AM
its always fun to read more about people you post with and I think chris is on his way to becoming the next Geraldo ;-) LOL

I can't take credit for this, TG put the questions together, BR7 did the imeage on the homepage all I did was put it all together so it would work :bigthumb: Thanks though!

Deb
05-21-2007, 11:22 AM
well nice team effort cuz it turned out great

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Good read! I like the idea of getting to know each other a little better! :bigthumb:

okiesteeler
05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Very nice, kept seeing the image wondered what it was going to be

BlitzburghRockCity
05-21-2007, 12:52 PM
well nice team effort cuz it turned out great

Yep, that is what it's all about here, team effort working together for the good of the site and it's members. :bigthumb:

BBG7
05-21-2007, 01:19 PM
nice read. I love this new feature in the forums. It gives us a chance to really get to know the other members!!!

House of Steel
05-21-2007, 01:21 PM
I think this is a great addition to SA. This site keeps getting more addicting than ever before. What more can you ask for?

Deb
05-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I think someone outta do matt and chris

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 02:19 PM
I think someone outta do matt and chris

Nah... They don't want to hear about us! Our time will come once we get everyone else done ;)

SteelersWoman
05-21-2007, 02:29 PM
I love threads like this! I did a few of my own in SA lounge lol Love to learn what makes people tick :D Thanks for sharing with us Diesel!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Nah... They don't want to hear about us! Our time will come once we get everyone else done ;)

Yeah I'm nothing special really..Chris and I are just a couple of dudes who enjoy hanging out with Steeler fans and talking shop with them. Even though we may actually run the place we're just like everyone else; a Steeler fan first and we're here to make sure SA stays alive and well and moves forward towards total Black n Gold domination ! :cope: :greengrin:

Steelerlyn
05-21-2007, 03:10 PM
AHW, Tom, you are such a nice guy!~

Another nice touch, that makes Steeler Addicts stand out among the rest!~

Blitzburgh55
05-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Can i do one of theses

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Can i do one of theses

Everyone will get a turn... We basically pull a name out of hat and whoever comes up is who goes next.

DIESELMAN
05-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Thanks everybody, that was pretty cool :bigthumb:

SteelerBee43
05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Thanks Diesel,
Wish I had been a diesel mechanic,that way I could work on Blitzburgh Nations Freightliner!!!Good interview.

25MVPKing
05-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Great idea, great questions, great answers! Can't wait til June's edition... although you'll never dent the userlist at once a month, maybe it should be biweekly at first.

AZ_Steeler
05-23-2007, 11:42 AM
Great idea, great questions, great answers! Can't wait til June's edition... although you'll never dent the userlist at once a month, maybe it should be biweekly at first.

We are going to go biweekly, hopefully this person gets their questions back to us though :) So the next one will be released June 4th :bigthumb:

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-23-2007, 12:17 PM
This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing Diesel, it was fun to read your answers.

25MVPKing
05-23-2007, 08:45 PM
We are going to go biweekly, hopefully this person gets their questions back to us though :) So the next one will be released June 4th :bigthumb:
Awesome, thanks for the info.

House of Steel
05-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Can't wait, this is great.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Yep, we're shooting for doing this biweekly during the offseason then we'll re-evaluate it when the season starts and probably go once a month then.

Hburg
05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
When the season is on, I like the once a month idea, but in the droll of the offseason biweekly is a good idea to pass the time.

BuFu

25MVPKing
05-24-2007, 08:55 PM
Why would you do it less often in the season? I'm not disagreeing with the logic, I just don't yet understand the logic.

AZ_Steeler
05-24-2007, 09:07 PM
During the season we'll have other things we'll be doing that will be taking up most of our time, so this will really be something we do as we remember. Things are a lot slower right now so we have the time to devote to a member spotlight.

DIESELMAN
05-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Once a month during the season is cool, a lot of people will be very busy and might not read a persons spotlight interview. This is a great idea to have everybody get to know each other better. :bigthumb:

BB2W
05-25-2007, 12:03 AM
You're my boy Diesel!... Not too much I didn't already know about you. :redcool:

I like the "Member Spotlight"... :2cents:

DIESELMAN
05-25-2007, 08:02 PM
You're my boy Diesel!... Not too much I didn't already know about you. :redcool:

I like the "Member Spotlight"... :2cents:

:bigthumb: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-25-2007, 08:10 PM
Yes I like the member spotlight alot to. You couldn't find a cooler guy then Diesel to kick it off with either.

PWTRPWR
05-27-2007, 10:37 PM
Nice read

BlitzburghNation
05-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Love the spotlight ideal :bigthumb:

Great interview "Deez" :clap:

Loved this Question and answer :bigthumb:

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? Being outspoken, tell it like it is. I don't pull any punches and if I make a promise to someone, I always keep it. A man is only as good as his word.

That's exactly what i would've said :bigthumb:

Stlrs4Life
05-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Nice read. My son is a new Diesel Mechanic, just graduated.

SteelerSal
06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? I usually watch football by myself or with friends.

Since we're about a stones throw away, we'll definately hook up for games.:bigthumb:

Let me guess, the creek you mentioned would be none other than Otter Creek?:greengrin:

DIESELMAN
06-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Nice read. My son is a new Diesel Mechanic, just graduated.

Your son will always have a job. :bigthumb:

Since we're about a stones throw away, we'll definately hook up for games.:bigthumb:

Let me guess, the creek you mentioned would be none other than Otter Creek?:greengrin:

Sounds good to me bro. :bigthumb: Otter Creek it is, my dog loves it down there. :bigthumb: