PDA

View Full Version : Ranking the NFL's starting QBs

Steelerlyn
05-20-2007, 12:11 AM
http://www.fannation.com/blogs/post/14552?cnn=yes

SteelerSteve
05-20-2007, 02:40 AM
I have to agree with the majority of the list, other than vick in the top ten, I have seen him throw well in some games, like against us last year:lol: but I would have to put him in the 17-20 range. I dont see Vince Young doing quite as well either. Rivers has not proven himself yet as well.:2cents:

okiesteeler
05-20-2007, 02:46 AM
Philip Rivers ranked higher than McNabb? McNabb has led his team to a superbowl, what has Rivers done?

SteelerSteve
05-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Philip Rivers ranked higher than McNabb? McNabb has led his team to a superbowl, what has Rivers done?Just a pretty boy on a highly talented team.

DIESELMAN
05-20-2007, 03:49 AM
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Carson Palmer
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Marc Bulger
Ben Roethlisberger
Brett Favre
Matt Hasselback
Phillip Rivers
Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler
Tony Romo
Michael Vick

25MVPKing
05-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks, DIESELMAN

Surprised to not see Eli in the top 15, since everyone seems to love him. But I don't know why I'm surprised, since I think they only got the first 2 correct.

My top 5 (based on performance over the past 3 years):
1) Peyton Manning
2) Tom Brady
3) Donovan McNabb
4) Trent Green
5) Carson Palmer

Steelerlyn
05-20-2007, 09:23 PM
I had Palmer in a couple leagues, he did fine. I had McNabb in a few, he did great, I had Manning and Brady in a few they also did fine. But Green, either I did not have him in any of my leagues or he did poorly, so I guess if you say he is better than Palmer, must be I did not have Green on any of the teams in all my leagues.:bigthumb:

K Train
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
trent green is done

i would honestly put brees above brady and palmer....and not just because i hate them.

kinda surprised to see ben at 7

House of Steel
05-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Palmer shouldn't even be in the Top 10. What the hell has pretty boy floyd even proved? Yeah, He chokes against us when it really counts. To hell with Palm Tree.

K Train
05-20-2007, 10:34 PM
ok not having palmer in the top 10 is called being naive...i hate him too, but her obvious top 5.....just because he cant beat us and we scare the **** out of his little bitch *** doesnt mean he isnt good

TEEMONT
05-20-2007, 10:46 PM
The list is pretty spot on.....it's hard to get 32 QB's ranked exactly where everyone thinks they should be. I would have Vince young up a few spots, mainly because he is so damn important to the Titans. Ben can go anywhere from where he is to about 12th, I think. He needs to be consistent in order to get higher IMO.

Dan
05-21-2007, 01:20 AM
I think Grossman should probably be higher, he is the reigning NFC Champion QB. Other than that, the list look pretty good.

25MVPKing
05-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Trent Green was the only QB in 2003,04,05 to throw for 4,000 yards each season (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/2547/career;_ylt=AluROaueMWq0Gdj6y4jXV9z.uLYF). He was injured last year, so I just pushed my frame of reference back a season. I don't think Carson Palmer or Drew Brees are all that special, but I think after Manning, Brady, McNabb, and Green there's a HUGE dropoff in productivity. Not talent, rather productivity.

I think Roethlisberger has the skillset to be a Top 5 QB, as do Vince Young and possibly Matt Lienart or Brady Quinn, but none of them have played enough (or at all). I think ultimately, though, Quinn and Lienart--despite the potential--won't do much.

3 years from now, my realistic Top 5 would ideally be:
1) Peyton Manning
2) Tom Brady
3) Ben Roethlisberger
4) Vince Young
5) Donovan McNabb

okiesteeler
05-21-2007, 01:35 PM
Carson Palmer is talented and a decent QB, but not a top 5 QB. Once his career is done (one more knee injury) i would be surprised if he was in the top 100 QB's