PDA

View Full Version : Hot Dog Sauce?

SteelerBee43
05-20-2007, 12:55 AM
Does anyone have a good recipe for hot dog sauce thats not spicey.

floodcitygirl
05-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Does anyone have a good recipe for hot dog sauce thats not spicey.hmmmmm....not spicy huh???? i'll have to think on that one.......

SteelerBee43
05-20-2007, 01:07 AM
I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anyway

floodcitygirl
05-20-2007, 01:09 AM
I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anywayNo problem. I'll just have to think on that. Any chili or anything I've heard for dogs is spicy, I think.

MRS Steelerfan
05-21-2007, 10:29 PM
I have a couple that are Delish.

1-- is two tbls of Gulden's golden brown mustard with one jar of Red Current Jelly. Just heat until liquidfied and cook hot dogs in sauce.

2- Although you would think it is spicey it is not... 1 jar of cocktail sauce to one jar of grape jelly!!!Do the same is above.

These are two of the Favs here :)

Steelersfan
05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I have a couple that are Delish.

1-- is two tbls of Gulden's golden brown mustard with one jar of Red Current Jelly. Just heat until liquidfied and cook hot dogs in sauce.

2- Although you would think it is spicey it is not... 1 jar of cocktail sauce to one jar of grape jelly!!!Do the same is above.

These are two of the Favs here :)

I can verify that both of these are pretty damn good! :bigthumb:

xxxyank
05-21-2007, 11:20 PM
how about Ketchup? always worked for me...lol

A good hotdog is hard to come by, I personally like Boar's Head hotdogs or Nathan's, I could eat them all day plain... But i do like a lil ketchup every now and then...

Dako
05-22-2007, 12:19 AM
INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
DIRECTIONS
In large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef in butter until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped onion and cook until beef juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
Stir in salt, pepper, paprika and chile powder. Add water to cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.

floodcitygirl
05-22-2007, 12:24 AM
INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons chili powder
DIRECTIONS
In large skillet melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef in butter until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chopped onion and cook until beef juices run clear, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain.
Stir in salt, pepper, paprika and chile powder. Add water to cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, stirring frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.Hey! If you can make it, why haven't I been invited yet???!!! :dunno:

Of course you know I thought of this first off, but she said she needed non spicy and I thought this might be too much???

Dako
05-22-2007, 12:26 AM
i eat cherry peppers out of the jar and get my wings suicide....so...."not spicy" is a relative thing.......hope its not too spicy....

if not,....here is a sweet one....
INGREDIENTS:
1 cup chopped onions
2 green bell peppers, chopped
2/3 cup sweet pickle relish
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 cups chili sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
(few dashes hot pepper sauce or ground cayenne pepper)

SteelerBee43
05-22-2007, 12:36 AM
This sounds really good,i'll just reduce the chilli powder.Thanks to both of you!!!:bigthumb::markit:

SteelerBee43
05-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I don't like sweet sauce,but thanks anyway Dako!!!

floodcitygirl
05-22-2007, 12:38 AM
This sounds really good,i'll just reduce the chilli powder.Thanks to both of you!!!:bigthumb::markit:If that recipe is even close to the real Coney Island hot dogs in Johnstown....you're in for a real treat! :bigthumb:

okiesteeler
05-22-2007, 03:54 AM
sounds good to me

ARKIESTEEL
05-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Dont they call it mustard.......duhhhhhhh:lol::hilarious::stirpot:

SteelersWoman
05-22-2007, 10:06 AM
I have gallbladder,and ulcer issues,and spicey kills me even onions can do me in but I take a nexium and eatum anyway

Hey Flea--Just curious if you've ever done the 14 day Prilosec treatment? I don't have an ulcer, but deal with a pretty "dicey" stomach--heartburn so bad it was makin me cough--and was takin Tums like they were candy--the 1000 mg ones, 5, 6, 7 times a day...anyway, I understand that treament for an ulcer is probably different, but perhaps you could discuss with your doc whether the Prilosec might be helpful at all?

I went from several antacids a day, to exactly what the tv ads describe--ZERO heartburn--and by the way, I'm on day 7. (I stopped havin the heartburn all day everyday on about day 3). MIRACLE stuff.

PsychoWard
05-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Hey Flea--Just curious if you've ever done the 14 day Prilosec treatment? I don't have an ulcer, but deal with a pretty "dicey" stomach--heartburn so bad it was makin me cough--and was takin Tums like they were candy--the 1000 mg ones, 5, 6, 7 times a day...anyway, I understand that treament for an ulcer is probably different, but perhaps you could discuss with your doc whether the Prilosec might be helpful at all?

I went from several antacids a day, to exactly what the tv ads describe--ZERO heartburn--and by the way, I'm on day 7. (I stopped havin the heartburn all day everyday on about day 3). MIRACLE stuff.

wow i might have to try this because my flux is bad!!!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
05-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I take meds for this ever day. But sense I been on the pills I can eat anything:tt02::cope::bigthumb:

SteelerBee43
05-22-2007, 12:29 PM

No I haven't tried Prilosec,but Nexium does work for me.Most of the time my attacks are not only brought on by food,they are also caused by stress.Between severe migranes,T.M.J.,and my back,I'm lucky to have a good day of no pain.

SteelersWoman
05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
wow i might have to try this because my flux is bad!!!!!!

You really should--I bet you'd be shocked at the difference by no longer than the third day :greengrin: (and the effects last 4 months!!) I know that, because it says so on the box, and I've known several people it worked for :bigthumb:

No I haven't tried Prilosec,but Nexium does work for me.Most of the time my attacks are not only brought on by food,they are also caused by stress.....

I've had heartburn brought on by stress too (even smoking can cause it)
--but again--please get your doctor's "ok" for your condition, since yours is a bit different than general heartburn/ acid reflux.