PDA

View Full Version : Joey Porter to make statement Nov 26

SteelersfaninPhilly
05-19-2007, 02:29 PM
http://www.wpxi.com/video/13349942/index.html?source

Only statement Joey is going to be making. Is getting manhandled by our O-Line.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2007, 03:29 PM
"it hurt that I didn't even get a chance to sign, that's what hurt, it was my dream to retire a Steeler but that didn't happen"

You're damn right it hurts, he's got a right to be pissed...but I digress, we've been here and beat this topic to death already and everybody knows my stance on it :lol:

If our OL plays like it did last year Porter will have a career day against us in November so we better be a lot better or he won't be the only one in the backfield in 2007 chasing Big Ben around.

floodcitygirl
05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
If our OL plays like it did last year Porter will have a career day against us in November so we better be a lot better or he won't be the only one in the backfield in 2007 chasing Big Ben around.I don't even want to think about it.:smh2:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Me either, that's the key to this whole season is the OL stepping up and playing like we know they can.

As far as Porter goes, did we expect anything less from him in his interviews? He's a passionate guy who feels like he got the shaft from the team and city he loved. He'll bring it in November so it's up to us to match that intensity and keep him to a nonfactor.

DIESELMAN
05-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Its going to be a wild game....If Porter shows up healthy. Hes been shut down before, so lets shut him down one more time. I wish him the best in Miami.

kgreen
05-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey, we haven't even played the Clownies yet. But, now that I think about it, that is going to be a huge game. I hope we don't boo Joey. I hope we can give a good reception BEFORE the game. When the game starts, I know I will be talking a lot of trash about Joey. Especially on plays when he gets blocked by Hines or Heath!

DIESELMAN
05-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Its going to be interesting to see who steps up and talks trash with Porter during pre game warmups.

BlitzburghNation
05-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Its going to be interesting to see who steps up and talks trash with Porter during pre game warmups.

That's what i'm interested in seeing,,,,,:popcorn:

I think joey will be shooting the s**t with his old team-mates :blah:
at least until the whistle blows :lol:

I wish him all the luck in Ma---Me,,,except ewhen they play us of course !

SteelerFan87
05-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I really hope the fans give him a good reception before the game, and don't boo him. I mean, sometimes the fans here boo people even if they were traded, and didn't want to leave. It's like some people think any time a former Pittsburgh player comes to town in a different uniform, they have to boo him. That's retarded, and I think represents Pittsburgh badly.

SteelerNation
05-20-2007, 01:49 AM
I belive porter got the shaft just like i perdict Troy , and Big Ben will i belive we wont pitch any money to troy and i think ben wont have the best of years this year and all the fans and FO will want to boot him out the door and wont resign him now this is my 2cents and i hope to god everday i get proven wrong. But for porter breing the smack to the burgh i think and belive he will do so. Like TG said its going to be the big Q can our O-Line step up and block joey , other teams did and i belive if we are healthy we can to.... BUT if not be ready for a long *** game.!!!

SteelerSteve
05-20-2007, 03:04 AM
I think Joey got the shaft, and I wish the best for him, but he definitley isn't getting any younger. As for Ben and Troy they will be around for a while I think. They are both young guys who can get the job done.:2cents:

SteelerNation
05-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I think Joey got the shaft, and I wish the best for him, but he definitley isn't getting any younger. As for Ben and Troy they will be around for a while I think. They are both young guys who can get the job done.:2cents:

:plus1: i agree with you i belive they are more then able to get the job done but i also am just going with my heart right now and my heart is telling me that ben , troy are not going to be around to much longer but its just feelings not the 100% truth so i can't say for sure troy and ben are gone.!

K Train
05-20-2007, 02:09 PM
no way they give up ben and troy.....not a chance in hell

BlitzburghRockCity
05-20-2007, 02:22 PM

That's what Im wondering too, I can't wait to see who steps up. At this point James Harrison is a likely candidate because he's as tough and mean as it gets on the field.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
05-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Joey Porter is a great layer with a great mentallity. I'm really rooting for him to do great (eccept when he plays us). I'm looking foward to his statement because I wonder what is is going to feel like after dishing it out for 8 years. As for Ben and Troy I'm sure Ben will retire as a Steeler and Troy is now the Staple of our defense so I don't think he will leave either. But i never thought Porter would leave so I could be wrong

Steelerlyn
05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Another "business" decision...........how many great, well thought of Steeler players have you and I seen come and go?

Good subject for a post