PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds

strong D
05-19-2007, 12:08 PM
On his pursuit of the record which he will break,the media ,mlb still wont give barry the credit he deserves. Maybe he used roids maybe he didnt we dont know only he does.But the fact is that for him to hit that many HR's thats amazing in my view.How many players do you think had a bunch of homeruns with a corked bat?Is that ok?I understand that this whole steroids saga gives the wrong message to our youth of today and we do need to change that.I could go take steroids for the next 2 years and probably not even hit a homerun in the majors.Batting is more bat speed and technique than it is power.Im not saying power wont help but its not the most important thing in a batting swing.

So i wish everyone would get off their high horse and give this man the credit he deserves!!!!!!!!:yesnod: :clap:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Dude Barry Bonds has been my favorite baseball player since I was 9 years old. Even in the early/mid 90s when he was the best all around player in the majors he still didn't get the credit he deserved. Alot of people were all over Griffey Jrs nuts.

Now I don't agree with everything Barry has done and said over the years. Actually he sounds like a jackass at times when he opens his mouth. But he is still a great ball player and one of the best ever. What roids/HGH helped Barry do is stay in top physical condition to allow him break the record. To me I could care less if he every broke the record.

I liked Barry more as an all around player then just a HR hitter.

strong D
05-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Ok then do you think he deserves to be in the hall of fame?

Dako
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
. Actually he sounds like a jackass at times when he opens his mouth. But he is still a great ball player and one of the best ever. What roids/HGH helped Barry do is stay in top physical condition to allow him break the record. To me I could care less if he every broke the record.

My feelings exactly. Giambi admitted to taking steroids and all seems forgiven....Bond's arrogance and poor relationship with the media only make it worse for him. I used to love watching Bonds play when he was in Pittsburgh and was a five tool player.

There is no way to truly tell which players have or have not used steroids over their careers, with the exception of those who get caught or who admit, which I'm sure is a small percentage of the actual users. Perhaps they should just asterisk the whole era of the nineties/early 2000's and call it the Steroids era much like they have the Dead Ball Era....

strong D
05-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Dude Barry Bonds has been my favorite baseball player since I was 9 years old. Even in the early/mid 90s when he was the best all around player in the majors he still didn't get the credit he deserved. Alot of people were all over Griffey Jrs nuts.

Now I don't agree with everything Barry has done and said over the years. Actually he sounds like a jackass at times when he opens his mouth. But he is still a great ball player and one of the best ever. What roids/HGH helped Barry do is stay in top physical condition to allow him break the record. To me I could care less if he every broke the record.

Ok so do you think people like
Roger Clemens
Brett Favre
Andre Agassi
Alonzo Mourning
Gregg Maddux
John Smoltz
Dan Marino
ETC.............
all were on steroids or are cause they were all later in their careers or are and still top notch players.
If you say no then explain to me how they can stay in good condition without roids which is what your saying barry had to do to play top form:dunno:

SteelerNerd
05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
BARRY BONDS? OH NO

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Ok so do you think people like
Roger Clemens
Brett Favre
Andre Agassi
Alonzo Mourning
Gregg Maddux
John Smoltz
Dan Marino
ETC.............
all were on steroids or are cause they were all later in their careers or are and still top notch players.
If you say no then explain to me how they can stay in good condition without roids which is what your saying barry had to do to play top form:dunno:

Ok look at that list how many of them players were still producing like they still were in their early 30s. Yes Marino, Smoltz, Maddux, Mourning and Favre still were good player late in their careers but not having years like they were still in their early 30s.

Look at the years Bonds and Clemens are having late in their careers. They were still producing like they are in the prime of their careers.lol So yes I would say the performance enhancing drugs had something to with it. But you know what I don't care really. Don't understand where you're really going with this since I'm a Bonds fan? Yes I think Roger Clemens and alot of pitchers took roids/HGH also. I also think alot of NFL players are using HGH and I don't care. I'm still going to watch it regardless.:lol:

To answer you question do I think Bonds is a Hall of Famer....Yes he should be elected in his first ballot. Only player to hit 500 home runs and steal 500 bases. Plus if he gets 3000 hits which he is close to he is an automatic lock for the Hall of Fame. Plus Bonds is the alltime leader in walks. He is in the top four in RBIs and Runs scored.

kgreen
05-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I am so sick of that little weasel. He sounds like a arrogant little leaguer when talking to the media. When he breaks the record, I hope they put at least 5 of these: ***** next to it! He diesn't deserve it. No 45 year old should be able to hit homers like him. Not without the juice at least.

kgreen
05-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Ok look at that list how many of them players were still producing like they still were in their early 30s. Yes Marino, Smoltz, Maddux, Mourning and Favre still were good player late in their careers but not having years like they were still in their early 30s.

Look at the years Bonds and Clemens are having late in their careers. They were still producing like they are in the prime of their careers.lol So yes I would say the performance enhancing drugs had something to with it. But you know what I don't care really. Don't understand where you're really going with this since I'm a Bonds fan? Yes I think Roger Clemens and alot of pitchers took roids/HGH also. I also think alot of NFL players are using HGH and I don't care. I'm still going to watch it regardless.:lol:

To answer you question do I think Bonds is a Hall of Famer....Yes he should be elected in his first ballot. Only player to hit 500 home runs and steal 500 bases. Plus if he gets 3000 hits which he is close to he is an automatic lock for the Hall of Fame. Plus Bonds is the alltime leader in walks. He is in the top four in RBIs and Runs scored.

All of those numbers you talk about didn't exist until after he was 40. No one does/did that. Bonds was a thiner guy in Pittsburgh weighing in at about 200. When he hit those 70 some HRs in 2001, he weighed about 270. His neck was/is the size of China. Oh, yeah and most important, HIS HEAD WAS BIGGER! It doesn't get more obvious than that. If your head grows, then your on roids, not Protein shakes. No Protein shake or workout routine can make your head/hat size bigger, not at his age. Another little fact that I want to point out: He has been bald for quite some time.

Steroids can possibly cause men to start balding if they have a genetic predisposition towards Male Pattern Baldness. The gene for baldness is thought to reside in the X chromosome exclusively, so a good general indication of whether someone is genetically predisposed towards being bald is to look at the men on their mothers side. Chances are that if the majority of them are bald, then the person will be carrying that gene too. The reason steroids can cause premature balding is that the scalp reacts to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) quite strongly, and many steroids can either convert to DHT or are derived from it. Of course, several anti-baldness medications can prevent this, such as Finasteride and Dutesteride. This is, of course, merely a cosmetic effect, and poses no real health issues. It could be catastrophic to a potential career with any one of a number of 80īs rock bands, but other than that, I canīt really see any real problems associated with hair loss; especially since it can be avoided when proper steps are taken and certain steroids are avoided.http://www.steroid.com/side.php

Bonds is a liar, a cheater (and I know there are others) and a jerk. I don't think he should be in the hall of fame for the fact, yes fact, that he has taken Stroids.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Sounds like Kgreen needs a ****ing clue.lol Bonds isn't 45 he doesn't turn 43 until July. Another thing Bonds never got up to 270 pounds.lol The most he ever got up weight wise was 230 pounds.lol

What are you talking about that Bonds didn't get most of his number until he was 40. With that statement you get jackass of the day in my book.lol

According to the Book of Shadows book that Bonds started using roids/HGH in 1999 or 2000.

So here is Barry Bonds HR/SB totals for his career after the 1998 season.

411-HRs
445-SBs

Yes roids/HGH helped his number greatly late in his career. But even if he didn't take roids he still would have hit 500 HRs and steal 500 bases. Only player to do that in MLB baseball history. Get a clue and then post. It helps.lol

TEEMONT
05-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Dude....if Bonds is only 230 right now....then Ben is an All-Pro QB.....lol.

The more I think about it...I think the whole Bonds thing is turning a lot fo fans off from the game. Take a look at him when interleague play started, the guy was still skinny, and maybe hitting 30 HR's a year. Now, instead of being 33 (when he should have been in the prime in his career) he is 43 and a good 50 lbs of muscle heavier. Now is this impossible to do w/o riods/HGH.....no.....is it very unlikely? Yes. Bonds is all that is wrong with sports.....I think it's funny the hate you show for guy liek Peyton Manning, who did it it the right way, by working his *** off....and is a complete player at his position.

Then you hve Bonds who hasn't tried to beat out an infield single for 6 years. What kind of message does that send to our kids? Hey, it's ok.....all that matters is home runs....dont you dare try to stretch that hit to the gap into a double, you're too good for doubles.

Besides....I'm not so sure his knees would have held up for 10 more years without the roids and HGH.....how many SB's does he have in the past 5 years? In the last 3 he has 10......and he can't field for **** either (and we all knew he had a candy arm, even back in the day, he couldnt even throw Sid Bream out).

**** Bonds.

strong D
05-19-2007, 03:16 PM
all im saying is that the man isnt guilty of anything yet so i wish people would just leave him alone

TEEMONT
05-19-2007, 03:19 PM
all im saying is that the man isnt guilty of anything yet so i wish people would just leave him alone

lol....only b/c he will never go on trial.

What a crock....a guy like Pete Rose plays the game the way it's supposed to be played and is banend for life b/c he bet on his team TO WIN.....Bonds cheats....acts like an ******* and he will probably make it in first ballot.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 03:19 PM

The more I think about it...I think the whole Bonds thing is turning a lot fo fans off from the game. Take a look at him when interleague play started, the guy was still skinny, and maybe hitting 30 HR's a year. Now, instead of being 33 (when he should have been in the prime in his career) he is 43 and a good 50 lbs of muscle heavier. Now is this impossible to do w/o riods/HGH.....no.....is it very unlikely? Yes. Bonds is all that is wrong with sports.....I think it's funny the hate you show for guy liek Peyton Manning, who did it it the right way, by working his *** off....and is a complete player at his position.

Then you hve Bonds who hasn't tried to beat out an infield single for 6 years. What kind of message does that send to our kids? Hey, it's ok.....all that matters is home runs....dont you dare try to stretch that hit to the gap into a double, you're too good for doubles.

Besides....I'm not so sure his knees would have held up for 10 more years without the roids and HGH.....how many SB's does he have in the past 5 years?

**** Bonds.

See this why I hate debating with you. If you had paid attention I said I could care less if Bonds breaks the ****ing HR record. Learn to ****ing pay attention are just ignore me. This is getting ****ing old with you. I said I liked Bonds more as an all around player instead of just a Home run hitter.:lol: I guess you missed that.

As for the too good for doubles line. Real funny Teemont. He almost had 600 career doubles. Another jackass of the day comment.:lol: Get a clue it helps. Only player to hit 500 HRs and steal 500 bases. Plus he would have done with out using roids/HGH.

**** your Peyton Manning and you can have him all you want.

strong D
05-19-2007, 03:22 PM
See this why I hate debating with you. If you had paid attention I said I could care less if Bonds breaks the ****ing HR record. Learn to ****ing pay attention are just ignore me. This is getting ****ing old with you. I said I liked Bonds more as an all around player instead of just a Home run hitter.:lol: I guess you missed that.

As for the too good for doubles line. Real funny Teemont. He almost had 600 career doubles. Another jackass of the day comment.:lol: Get a clue it helps. Only player to hit 500 HRs and steal 500 bases. Plus he would have done with out using roids/HGH.

i must agree teemont you are making some pretty stupid comments

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 03:23 PM
lol....only b/c he will never go on trial.

What a crock....a guy like Pete Rose plays the game the way it's supposed to be played and is banend for life b/c he bet on his team TO WIN.....Bonds cheats....acts like an ******* and he will probably make it in first ballot.

Hey nobody is stating Pete Rose shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame. Its a total crock why the alltime hits leader isn't in the Hall already. But that doesn't mean Bonds shouldn't be in first ballot.

I wonder how many great football players are in the Hall of Fame that used roids.:lol: If you really think the NFL is clean today then you got your head in the sand.:lol: I bet at least 60-75 percent of players today in the NFL are using HGH since you can't test for it. But its about Barry Bonds and roids. Its a witch hunt and its a joke.:lol:

strong D
05-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Can anyone say for sure that bonds has taken steroids? Im not saying he is innocent but the law says "innocent until proven guilty" so until then who has room to open their mouth

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Can anyone say for sure that bonds has taken steroids? Im not saying he is innocent but the law says "innocent until proven guilty" so until then who has room to open their mouth

Dude I'm a Barry Bonds fan. But with the way his head has grown and other changes his body had made then I think its clear he was dirty late in his career. But most of baseball was to including the pitchers so thats why I don't fault Bonds at all. Since back in 98 we all knew what was going with Mark and Sammy's HR chase. Nobody wanted to confess though since both of them brough baseball back. So the owners, players and everybody involved with MLB turned their heads on it instead of dealing with it. But I think the NFL is also dirty. You have LBs running the same 40 time as Jerry Rice today.:lol: But the NFL is going great so I don't care. Don't kill the sport in my mind.

kgreen
05-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Sounds like Kgreen needs a ****ing clue.lol Bonds isn't 45 he doesn't turn 43 until July. Another thing Bonds never got up to 270 pounds.lol The most he ever got up weight wise was 230 pounds.lol

What are you talking about that Bonds didn't get most of his number until he was 40. With that statement you get jackass of the day in my book.lol

According to the Book of Shadows book that Bonds started using roids/HGH in 1999 or 2000.

So here is Barry Bonds HR/SB totals for his career after the 1998 season.

411-HRs
445-SBs

Yes roids/HGH helped his number greatly late in his career. But even if he didn't take roids he still would have hit 500 HRs and steal 500 bases. Only player to do that in MLB baseball history. Get a clue and then post. It helps.lol

Ok, you got me. So, the fact that he is still a cheater makes him a first ballot HOF? Why don't you just let Mark McGuire in too along with Palmero. That way it can be the "Steriod Three", the biggest cheaters ever to make it. All these "records" are done with more games, more time and easier Ballparks to hit them. Bonds has had 1,000+ more At Bats than Babe Ruth. I mean Ruth did it in the "Dead Ball" era. Yet, he still has a high BA and slugging %. Bonds didn't reach 40 HRs until he was 29/30, his first year with the Giants. Meanwhile Ruth did it when he was 25. Bonds didn't start to chase Ruth's single season record until he was 34-35. that is a big age in today's game. Bonds' stats don't go down with age, they have gone up. I was wrong about the Ages and stats before, but he still cheated. His hat size still got bigger and IMO, the best HR of all time is still the Babe.

I don't get why people still kiss this guy's a**. Look at what he did in Pittsburgh. In the playoffs, he got lazy and couldn't throw out the slowest guy in baseball. Goes to the Giant's and almost wins a chamionship. He back-stabbed us fans then got juiced and chased some records.

kgreen
05-19-2007, 03:53 PM

Besides....I'm not so sure his knees would have held up for 10 more years without the roids and HGH.....how many SB's does he have in the past 5 years? In the last 3 he has 10......and he can't field for **** either (and we all knew he had a candy arm, even back in the day, he couldnt even throw Sid Bream out).

**** Bonds.

:clap: :clap: Great points.

TEEMONT
05-19-2007, 04:51 PM

man you get so butt hurt anymore....I love that I know how to push your buttons.....is it my fault I disagree with everything you say?

He isn't an all-around player anymore....and hasnt been for 5 years.

Yeah sure he WAS a great player before the roids....but all the roids and HGH did was tarnish everything. He isn't an all-around player anymore, and thats the arguement I was making...why don't you read a little bit.....steal in the past 3 years.....10.....doubles in the past 3 years.....50...(this year...4...he' really leggin' em out).

Now would he have made 500/500 without using roids and whatnot...absolutely....did he? no, he cheated. I say when the time comes to put him the the HoF.....ignore all stats after '98.

He COULD have been one of the all-time greats, despite being an *******, but, just like Mark McGwire, we will never truly know how good HE was.....right now....its the chemicals.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 05:04 PM
man you get so butt hurt anymore....I love that I know how to push your buttons.....is it my fault I disagree with everything you say?

He isn't an all-around player anymore....and hasnt been for 5 years.

Yeah sure he WAS a great player before the roids....but all the roids and HGH did was tarnish everything. He isn't an all-around player anymore, and thats the arguement I was making...why don't you read a little bit.....steal in the past 3 years.....10.....doubles in the past 3 years.....50...(this year...4...he' really leggin' em out).

Now would he have made 500/500 without using roids and whatnot...absolutely....did he? no, he cheated. I say when the time comes to put him the the HoF.....ignore all stats after '98.

He COULD have been one of the all-time greats, despite being an *******, but, just like Mark McGwire, we will never truly know how good HE was.....right now....its the chemicals.

I don't give a **** if you disagree with me. But when you state things all about the HR and I'm too good for a double then I'm just going to point out how silly those statements are. Thats what irks me. I don't give a **** if you like Bonds or not but what ever you think about he is one of the best of alltime.

Funny you mention how he doesn't steal bases or hit as many doubles anymore. News flash he is almost 43 safe to say he lost some speed.:lol: Didn't think it took a rocket scientist to figure that out.lol

I wonder how many great players elected in the Pro Bowl Hall of Fame also used roids.:lol: Like I said if you think the NFL players of today are clean and not dirty then you have you head in the sand. I bet 60-75 percent of the NFL players are using HGH since you can't test for it.

TEEMONT
05-19-2007, 06:05 PM
I dont think I ever said NFL are completly clean....and its a damn shame. Im sure 10%, at least of players, still use roids....and its widely known that the Steelers in the '70s kind of made it popular, which sucks.

The fact that anyone is using steroids sucks, b/c we will seriously never know who is the greatest home run hitter (I know you don't care) of all time. Do I think Hank Aaron used roids....more than likely not.....hell he probably used trapeziod shaped weights to lift (its a family guy joke). I just think it's a shame that some people still put Bonds on this pedestal.

You brought up Griffey Jr, earlier. if he wouldn't have gotten hurt, he would probably have broken the record already (or come really close), without the use of roids (as far as we know, but Jr. seems squeeky clean). And Griffey was always a better all-around player than Bonds. He still is.

I guess it all doesn't really matter anyways....

Black@Gold Forever32
05-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I dont think I ever said NFL are completly clean....and its a damn shame. Im sure 10%, at least of players, still use roids....and its widely known that the Steelers in the '70s kind of made it popular, which sucks.

The fact that anyone is using steroids sucks, b/c we will seriously never know who is the greatest home run hitter (I know you don't care) of all time. Do I think Hank Aaron used roids....more than likely not.....hell he probably used trapeziod shaped weights to lift (its a family guy joke). I just think it's a shame that some people still put Bonds on this pedestal.

You brought up Griffey Jr, earlier. if he wouldn't have gotten hurt, he would probably have broken the record already (or come really close), without the use of roids (as far as we know, but Jr. seems squeeky clean). And Griffey was always a better all-around player than Bonds. He still is.

I guess it all doesn't really matter anyways....

Griffey a better all around player then Bonds in the 90s....Thats funny.:lol: