PDA

View Full Version : YOU own the Steelers....

Deb
05-19-2007, 10:46 AM
http://www.sightlossmatters.com/images/Question-mark-lo.jpg

Just for today...........

You have to put in a day at the office today......what are you going to do till 5pm? What calls are you going to make? How are you going to address your coaches? Staff? Players..........

SteelerFan87
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm going to go to Ben Roethlisberger and say "Hey Ben, remember when you got hit by that car? Did you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!", then go to Willie Parker and say "Hey Willie, go run into that brick wall over there. Ok. Did you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!", then go to the WRs and say "Hey guys, go deep!" and then not pass them the ball, and say "ok, now keep doing that over and over again, without ever having the ball thrown to you. Do you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!", then go to the defense and say, "Ok, I want you to practice in pads, with no breaks. Do you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!"

And then the whole Faneca situation will be over. :lol:

okiesteeler
05-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I would immeadeatly shop Faneca around to the other teams and sign Troy to a long term contract.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm going to go to Ben Roethlisberger and say "Hey Ben, remember when you got hit by that car? Did you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!", then go to Willie Parker and say "Hey Willie, go run into that brick wall over there. Ok. Did you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!", then go to the WRs and say "Hey guys, go deep!" and then not pass them the ball, and say "ok, now keep doing that over and over again, without ever having the ball thrown to you. Do you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!", then go to the defense and say, "Ok, I want you to practice in pads, with no breaks. Do you like that? No? Then give some money to Alan Faneca!"

And then the whole Faneca situation will be over. :lol:

Finally, somebody speaks the truth ! :bigthumb: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd spend the morning work with Arians helping him devise new plays for our offense and I'd spend the afternoon with Lebeau working on new schemes for the defense. I'd be heaven working with those 2 all day long !

ARKIESTEEL
05-21-2007, 07:28 AM
I would get as many things signed by the team as I could keep what I want and sell the rest. I would then get about 20 or 30 season tickets in the same section plus about 4 or 5 of them nice parking spots next to the field and we would tailgate on the money I got from selling the signed stuff. I would take as many of you as I could to see a game :dunno:

Thats what I would do...........:yesnod:

House of Steel
05-21-2007, 10:06 AM
This would be a very tough 24 hours of my life for sure. Nothing is easy being the Steelers Owner no matter how you look at it:

1.) Most importantly, Sitting down with Faneca and his agent and working out a deal where we both can compromise and be satisified with. I would tell Faneca that the insult that was told to him that morning was indeed an untelling thing.

2.) Sit down with Polamalu and Roethlisberger, and work out some kind of extension deal with them both where it was fair and economically friendly for both of us. Put most of the money into the signing bouns or guaranteed.

3.) Keep Roethlisberger in the meeting room and call Hines Ward to the room. Have a heart to heart talk with both of them and explain to them that we need to have leadership in that locker room. Tell them both the importance of this leadership and how much it means not only to myself but to the entire team. Tell Hines how much he means to this organization and how thankful I am that he has putting so much effort everyday that I would like for him to step it up a notch on the leadership.

4.) Call in Coach Tomlin and all the coordinators into the meeting room, share our ideas for the playbook, the season, formations and etc. Brainstorm any ideas and put them to writing. Share with them our goals for the season. I would personally shake each and every one of their hands and personally tell them how much I appreciate all the hard work, the dedication, the sacrifice, and the input to make our team successful and competitive.

5.) Go to the practice facility and just watch the players and coaches in action, give input when I feel it is needed. Joke around with the players and coaches and make practice a fun and enjoying experience.

Deb
05-21-2007, 10:17 AM
no monster trades HOS?

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Forget all the player stuff for a minute... I own the Steelers, so the first thing I do is can that worthless staff at Steelers.com and disassemble it... Then hire bring SA on as the official site of the Steelers so then I can really devote my time to this place :D

Back to the players... I listen to my new coach and try and get whatever he wants, within reason. The next thing, I take care of Troy and lock him up until he decides to retire. I've called the AFCN rivals and told them they all suck and don't stand a chance this year... then I throw a huge party for the entire team and invite them all over to my house so we can have bonding time and be like the 2005 team!

floodcitygirl
05-21-2007, 12:12 PM
... then I throw a huge party for the entire team and invite them all over to my house so we can have bonding time and be like the 2005 team!So.....you'd be the owner....invite over the entire team for a party...and not include us???!!! What's up with that?! :dunno::banging:

AZ_Steeler
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
So.....you'd be the owner....invite over the entire team for a party...and not include us???!!! What's up with that?! :dunno::banging:

You read into to much :lol: Of course all of SA would be invited because the board would become the official site of the Steelers :cope:

I didn't think I would need to send SA an invite, they should already know they are invited! ;)

okiesteeler
05-21-2007, 01:05 PM
as owner would you e providing us with the tickets to get to this awesome party :D

BBG7
05-21-2007, 01:25 PM
probably wouldn't be able to get much accomplished in signings so I would make sure that I found someway to get everyone on SA season tickets!!!