PDA

View Full Version : Shutting down the NFL

strong D
05-18-2007, 08:14 PM
I believe our defense has the potential to do just this we have 5-6 players that can play to probowl potntial thats not including our rookies not to mention what tomlin and LeBeau can scheme up this will be very exciting

DIESELMAN
05-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Our guys do have the potential, its up to them to realize it and for Mike and LeBeau to help them realize that also. I'm looking forward to an exciting new year with endless possibilities, especially on defense.

Steelrane
05-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I hope we blowout every team we play. I just one season where I don't have to rip my hair out (what little I have left).:dance:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Our defense has had the potential just about every year but they've under achieved; especially last year. We have enough good players on defense that we should be able to dominate anyone in the league...the problem is that our team as a whole gets complacent at times, and we play down to our competition it's been that way during Cowher's tenure as a whole. Now with a new regime Im hoping the team stays focused and has that killer attitude each and every week.

Stlrs4Life
05-18-2007, 11:06 PM
That's for sure Top Gn. Never understood it either. Maybe alot of teams really were ready for us, and basically had us figured out.

BlitzburghNation
05-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Our guys do have the potential, its up to them to realize it and for Mike and LeBeau to help them realize that also. I'm looking forward to an exciting new year with endless possibilities, especially on defense.

:ditto:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-19-2007, 07:37 AM
That's for sure Top Gn. Never understood it either. Maybe alot of teams really were ready for us, and basically had us figured out.

It used to bug me all the time, it just seemed like we never evolved when teams began to catch onto how we were playing. It's one thing to stay the course, do what works for you, and all that..but at the same time you need to stay one step ahead of the opposition and add some new wrinkles into your game plan to keep teams guessing. The players knew we had an awesome defense but you could see it so many times year in and year out they just wouldn't show up in a game that everybody said they should win, then in the 4th quarter they'd try to turn it on at the last minute and couldn't do it and we lost.

One thing that always come to mind for example on offense...the rationalization of "the steelers never throw to the tight end" just used to drive me nuts. Think of the weapons we've had over the years...Eric Green, Mark Bruener, Heath Miller, everyone of those guys should have been a pro bowler every year with double digit TD's and really be the go to guy but every year the question was raised and BC's response "we're not going to alter our game plan just to get a player the ball". That's all well and good but maybe if you'd have thrown to the TE more and used them to their potential certain situations would have turned out differently; you just never know. The same can be said in many situations on defense over the years too.

It's that kind of vanilla, stubborn thinking that's kept us from winning mult championships during the BC era. Our defense has the talent to be simply dominating so I want to see them live up to that again.