PDA

View Full Version : 3-4 or 4-3 ?

Steelrane
05-17-2007, 04:54 PM
What is going to happen with our defense? I hope Mike lets Dick run the defense, but I'm sure it will be hard for Mike not to push Dick into using a 4-3. I think Dick is the greatest defensive coach in the NFL today!:hail:
I'm so ready for the new season!!! :tt02: How about everyone else? Are you all ready too? :popcorn:

Steelerlyn
05-17-2007, 05:45 PM
I am so excited every year!~ This year is gonna be great, I have a feeling! But I do every year. I was at the '05Jacksonville game and there were some members up from Mexico and one from Italy, as well as about 7 other states we all cried after that game. There was a guy near us burning a Maddox jersey. I swear if anyone had told us we were gonna win the superbowl that season we would have laughed

K Train
05-17-2007, 05:52 PM
lol well your new here but the 3-4 vs 4-3 topics makes me :banging: lol

we will be a 3-4 :markit:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-17-2007, 06:16 PM
We're a 34 base defense indeed :yesnod:

For as often as we beat this topic to death we're all experts :lol: Really though we'll be 34 defense for the foreseeable future but mixing in the 43, and anything else those 2 can dream up will make us even better.

Stlrs4Life
05-17-2007, 06:37 PM

For as often as we beat this topic to death we're all experts :lol: Really though we'll be 34 defense for the foreseeable future but mixing in the 43, and anything else those 2 can dream up will make us even better.

My sentiments exactly.

Captcoolhand
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM
I can care less either way it's all about winning:2cents:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-17-2007, 07:05 PM
We're running the 3-4 but I also see a hybrid type defense to. Especially the way LeBeau wants to use Keisel at times this year. Down the road I see Woodley as one of them rover players as well.

BBG7
05-17-2007, 07:27 PM
Tomlin has pretty much stated that he's using the 3-4 this year as our base.

House of Steel
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
We are a 3-4 based defense. I like to also think we are going hybird with instilling a more confusing exotic packages of mixing 4-3 and Tampa 2. We are going to be a force to be reckon with and I love hearing it. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: Every offensive is going to shudder in terror at the site of the Steelers.

BBG7
05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
We are a 3-4 based defense. I like to also think we are going hybird with instilling a more confusing exotic packages of mixing 4-3 and Tampa 2. We are going to be a force to be reckon with and I love hearing it. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: Every offensive is going to shudder in terror at the site of the Steelers.

I am excited to see Dick and Mike in action together.

strong D
05-17-2007, 07:55 PM
i think i can speak for just about everyone i cant wait to see what the 2 of them come up with

okiesteeler
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
We are not really going to use a 34 or 43 or anything you have ever really seen. It will be a Mike and Dick Defense combinging a ldittle of everything.

SteelerNation
05-17-2007, 11:54 PM
lol well your new here but the 3-4 vs 4-3 topics makes me :banging: lol

we will be a 3-4 :markit:

:popcorn: We are over all staying 3-4 but we are going to mix it up with a 4-3 and as you will learn really quick K Train gets mad over alot of stuff he just doesnt show it. :plus1:

BlitzburghNation
05-18-2007, 12:49 AM
i think i can speak for just about everyone i cant wait to see what the 2 of them come up with

:ditto:

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Base 3-4 with a lot of floating around on defense ! I see one of the four, being in different spots sometimes up or down... In the very near future a new hybrid defense will develop from 2 of the best defense minds in the game!! :tt02:
We are dawning on the new era of a defense ... what will it be called?? :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
05-18-2007, 12:56 AM
We are dawning on the new era of a defense ... what will it be called?? :tt02: :tt02:

PAIN :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

or PAIN in the ***,,,,,,,,for opposing offences :lol:

ARKIESTEEL
05-18-2007, 08:46 AM
I think you will end up calling it a 3-4 hybird with Keisal being the hybird part

steelcurtaingal
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM

:yesnod: topgun is right. i think over the next say 10 years we may make the transition, but it will be a long process.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-18-2007, 09:15 AM
I think you will end up calling it a 3-4 hybird with Keisal being the hybird part

There will be a lot of different parts to the defense that make it a hybrid. Different players in different positions, unique formations, Kiesel playing LB is just the tip of the ice berg...it's going to be the like the zone blitz on speed ! Offenses won't know what hit them :woot:

ARKIESTEEL
05-18-2007, 10:07 AM
There will be a lot of different parts to the defense that make it a hybrid. Different players in different positions, unique formations, Kiesel playing LB is just the tip of the ice berg...it's going to be the like the zone blitz on speed ! Offenses won't know what hit them :woot:

Man I hope you are right I would love to see us get back to hitting the QB and stuffing the RB at the line. Seems like our D was a little sluggish last year.

House of Steel
05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Blitz, TG, and everyone: We are going to be more than a 3-4 Hybird. We are going to be the biggest Pain in the *** Defense anyone has ever seen in the NFL. Tomlin and LeBeau are going to go on a madness sickening spree with the defense. We've heard and read about LeBeau drawing up plays on all kinds of gadgets. I am serious, I would love to see LeBeau brain opened up and seeing what kind of scheme is going through that brain. It is a holy terror defensive mind if I ever seen one. DAMN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO START!!! I don't think we all have seen so much excitement for one season since Bill Cowher begun his first season as HC. OH WHAT A RIDE THIS WILL BE!!!!

SteelerNation
05-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Blitz, TG, and everyone: We are going to be more than a 3-4 Hybird. We are going to be the biggest Pain in the *** Defense anyone has ever seen in the NFL. Tomlin and LeBeau are going to go on a madness sickening spree with the defense. We've heard and read about LeBeau drawing up plays on all kinds of gadgets. I am serious, I would love to see LeBeau brain opened up and seeing what kind of scheme is going through that brain. It is a holy terror defensive mind if I ever seen one. DAMN I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS SEASON TO START!!! I don't think we all have seen so much excitement for one season since Bill Cowher begun his first season as HC. OH WHAT A RIDE THIS WILL BE!!!!

:ditto: I cant wait for this season to start, And i have to agree with how our defence is going to be called and for the other teams PAIN IN THE ***. But the defence has not only got me excited the offence has to. We may not be the smashmouth offence like befor, But we are going to switch it up and give other defence's from other teams a hell of a run and they will have thier work cut out for them... COME ON LET THE STEELER FOOTBALL SEASON BEGIN DAMNIT!!! :cope: :cope: :cope: