PDA

View Full Version : A few random notes from Mini-Camp

BlackGold4vr
05-15-2007, 12:25 PM
By Jim Wexell
SteelCityInsider.com
Posted May 14, 2007

* Kevan Barlow may not be real. He may be Duce Staley. He's wearing No. 22, using his locker and sitting out drills with minor injuries. Guys like Carey Davis and Gary Russell were running hard - real hard- in his place.

* Dan Sepulveda really can boom the ball. Poor Mike Barr. The talent gap between the drafted punter and the guy trying for a fourth time to make the team is also very real.

* Willie Reid looks like the fastest guy on the field. He appears to be fully recovered from his foot injury and is returning both punts and kickoffs, not to mention catching the ball pretty well as a receiver too.

Nothing earth shattering new here. Sepulveda will be our starting punter. Willie Reid may be the surprise player this year now that he is healthy and then there is yet another "Duce" comparison for Barlow. It's good to hear that Carey Davis and Gary Russell are running really hard in camp trying to make the team. That should scare Barlow into practicing with minor injuries if he really wants to make this team. Not going to impress a new coach by fetching him water, the waterboy position is already filled! :hilarious:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Nothing earth shattering new here. Sepulveda will be our starting punter. Willie Reid may be the surprise player this year now that he is healthy and then there is yet another "Duce" comparison for Barlow. It's good to hear that Carey Davis and Gary Russell are running really hard in camp trying to make the team. That should scare Barlow into practicing with minor injuries if he really wants to make this team. Not going to impress a new coach by fetching him water, the waterboy position is already filled! :hilarious:

Great news on Gary Russell. I know all about Gary Russell and what he can do. I watched him many times in the past. Its a shame he had to miss all of 2006. I hope he makes the team and is part of the rotation at RB. So I'm glad to hear he is running hard.

Not suprised that Sepulveda is booming the ball. With how much hype Ktrain gave Sepulveda before the draft I expect this out of our rookie punter.

Awesome news on Willie Reid and I know damn well he showcase his talents as a returner this and its just a bonus that he is improving as a WR.

K Train
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
hahaha d-sep is making barr his bitch....i love it

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Im just so excited to see us have a viable return man this year instead of playing musical chairs back there last year. If Reid stays healthy and continues to impress this guy is going to make our ST a real weapon again !

K Train
05-15-2007, 05:42 PM
lol it makes me giggle to think about barr trying soooooo hard and being shot down by sep at everything lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Im just so excited to see us have a viable return man this year instead of playing musical chairs back there last year. If Reid stays healthy and continues to impress this guy is going to make our ST a real weapon again !

I think with Willie Reid, Daniel Sepulveda and the additions to our coverage units the Steelers could have one of the best special teams in the NFL.:lol:

K Train
05-15-2007, 06:08 PM
I think with Willie Reid, Daniel Sepulveda and the additions to our coverage units the Steelers will have the best special teams in the history of the NFL.:lol:
Fixed! :bigthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-15-2007, 06:10 PM
Fixed! :bigthumb:

sorry:lol: Didn't mean to under estimate Daniel Sepulveda. He is going to put Ray Guy to shame.:lol:

K Train
05-15-2007, 06:17 PM
i just like thinking about lil mike barr crying himself to sleep knowing that there is simply nothing he can do for himself at this point lol

i think we need some d-sep pics in black and gold so i can have a sig of him making barr his bitch lol

okiesteeler
05-15-2007, 06:20 PM
For your sake K train, I just hope that nothing happens to DSep and he becomes like Gardocki. You will not be able to show up on the board if it does. :D

House of Steel
05-15-2007, 06:30 PM
D-Sep is going to be a monster. I just love hearing this guy kick the living **** out of the ball. I can't wait til he does a monster tackle like Jack Lambert on a returner. IMAGINE a PUNTER knocking a Receiver out of the game. LMAO. PRICELESS!!!

K Train
05-15-2007, 06:32 PM
it took gardocki like 16 years to become the gardocki he is now, he was good back in the day....Sep is way better though lol