PDA

View Full Version : Brett Frave wants out,,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Just heard on sirius that jay glazer is reporting,brett farve wants traded from the pack,he's unhappy about green bay not getting randy moss or any help in the off-season :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Glad we have a gaurd wanting out instead of our QB :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 01:51 PM
You're bored aren't you? :lol:

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 01:52 PM
You're bored aren't you? :lol:

Yeah i'm bored,but this is the truth,just heard it :nahnah:

Check it out if you want,,,,,,Jay Glazer of Fox :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Well I stand corrected, I thought you were just messing around :lol:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6805790

The man who may have the biggest name in Green Bay sports history has asked to be traded.

Several Packers and league sources have told FOXSports.com that Brett Favre's agent Bus Cook phoned Green Bay's general manager Ted Thompson within two to three days of the draft and asked for a trade. The sources said that Cook railed off how his client was fed up with the organization and wanted out.

The shocking request appeared directly related to the team's inability to trade for WR Randy Moss.

The news was then relayed to head coach Mike McCarthy, who immediately phoned the Super Bowl winning quarterback to squash his anger. However, the quarterback ignored all his calls for a week, perhaps showing the team how upset he was this time.

Finally, in the middle of this past week the two finally connected. Sources close to the situation said Favre asked McCarthy if he was aware that Cook asked for a trade but McCarthy immediately insisted that would not happen. McCarthy told others inside the organization it appeared the team's head coach had cooled Favre's anger and by the end of the conversation admitted he didn't want to go elsewhere. However, at the same time he has told friends on other teams as well how frustrated he is with the organization's inability to land the former Pro Bowl wideout and that he, in fact, wanted out.

Several calls this morning to McCarthy and Thompson by FOXSports.com have not yet been returned.

On Saturday, Favre railed against the team in an interview with his local Biloxi Sun Herald.

"I just want to win; maybe I see things the wrong way," Favre said in the exclusive interview. "I don't want to ruffle any feathers and I want people to respect me. Sometimes I think it's hard for them to let Brett go. They might think that we pay him a lot of money, but he still gives us the best chance to win. I've never been told that, but there are times when I wonder if I'm the odd man out here and they just don't know how to tell me.

"Our offense struggled last season. If it were not for our defense, we would not have won eight games. Right now, it's hard to be optimistic. I'm not getting any younger and I think everyone knows that. I don't have five years to rebuild. No one in Green Bay is saying rebuild but it's hard to look at where we are going and say, 'How can they not be rebuilding?'

"I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win."

At this point the Packers are primed to head into serious damage control to prevent any further uproar regarding their most prized name. However, too much damage may already have been done by his bizarre trade request.

Despite Favre's trade request and rant to the Biloxi Sun, the team has no intention of parting ways with him. In fact, some within the organization claim that McCarthy honestly believes they can win with the long-time vet at the helm and has repeatedly told him as such.

Thus, they are hoping that Favre simply needed to vent for a while before jumping back on board.

Captcoolhand
05-13-2007, 06:26 PM
There you go thing again Matt:lol: I heard something of the source like 3 days ago.

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Brett has been screaming for offensive help the past few seasons. The Pack did good last year considering they had a ragtag team and a bunch of rookies. I seriously doubt he'll get traded, main reason they don't have anyone who is capable of being their starting QB

okiesteeler
05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
It would be strange to see Brett Favre wearing any other uniform, and is there any team that would be willing to pick up such an aged QB, knowing that he will be retiring soon?

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 09:10 PM
It would be strange to see Brett Favre wearing any other uniform, and is there any team that would be willing to pick up such an aged QB, knowing that he will be retiring soon?

:bigthumb: Yes it would, everybody knows him as a Packer. He still has the gunslinger mentality and that ****ing cannon of an arm. I'd really like to see him go out with one more SB ring.

K Train
05-13-2007, 09:26 PM
they got greg jennings last year who i think will be a superstar but they ****ed up this draft. I'd be pissed too, they gave him no help.

The pats are gonna sign him lol

okiesteeler
05-13-2007, 09:28 PM
:bigthumb: Yes it would, everybody knows him as a Packer. He still has the gunslinger mentality and that ****ing cannon of an arm. I'd really like to see him go out with one more SB ring.

Very true, and he has no history of injury so he could very well go to another team and contribute, I just hope if he does (i dont see the pack letting him go though) they are a good team, so he has a shot at another ring

K Train
05-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Green will be a dolphin and Favre will be a chief...if he goes anywhere at all lol.

personally i think hes the best QB thats ever lived, i might be alone on this one but he plays the game the way it was meant to be played

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 10:02 PM
let pick him up....lol

Ambridge
05-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Damn!!

Can't there be an off-season without a Brett Favre "Drama"???
Green Bay would never do it but Favre should lobby to go to Detroit with all those receivers the Lions have to throw too.

steelcurtaingal
05-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Green will be a dolphin and Favre will be a chief...if he goes anywhere at all lol.

personally i think hes the best QB thats ever lived, i might be alone on this one but he plays the game the way it was meant to be played

your not alone Ktrain, cause i agree with you.:yesnod:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2007, 03:41 PM

Brett Favre has always been a favorite of mine. He is a QB that has never whined about being hit. I remember a pre-season game it was either back in 94 or 95. But the Packers were playing the Steelers and Greg Lloyd nailed Favre. Lloyd's hit knocked Favre out of the game with a concussion. Plus Lloyd was later fined for the hit on Favre. Somebody asked Favre what he felt about the hit and he said it was a great hit by Lloyd.:lol:

He is one of the best of alltime for sure. Plus he played most of his games out doors in the elements unlike Golden Boy Peyton Manning. **** Manning plays in that damn Dome. I hate Domes.:lol:

TEEMONT
05-14-2007, 03:52 PM
So since he's Brett favre its ok for him to whine to the media......hmmmmm.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2007, 04:02 PM
So since he's Brett favre its ok for him to whine to the media......hmmmmm.

**** starter like always.:lol: Brett Favre isn't whining about his contract to the media after he has made millions.:lol: Plus stating how unfair the Packers organization has treated him. All Favre wants is more vet. weapons to help him win. Big differenece from whats going on with you know who.

If you're going to start **** then just put me on ignore.:lol:

BlitzburghNation
05-14-2007, 04:06 PM
I remember a pre-season game it was either back in 94 or 95. But the Packers were playing the Steelers and Greg Lloyd nailed Favre. Lloyd's hit knocked Favre out of the game with a concussion. Plus Lloyd was later fined for the hit on Favre. Somebody asked Favre what he felt about the hit and he said it was a great hit by Lloyd.:lol:

:

I remember that game well,,,,,,,,It was a pre-season game and when Lloyd hit him it drove him back about 5 yrds in the air :lol:

Clean hit & Lloyd should'nt have been fined IMO

TEEMONT
05-14-2007, 04:10 PM
**** starter like always.:lol: Brett Favre isn't whining about his contract to the media after he has made millions.:lol: Plus stating how unfair the Packers organization has treated him. All Favre wants is more vet. weapons to help him win. Big differenece from whats going on with you know who.

If you're going to start **** then just put me on ignore.:lol:

oh come on don't be so touchy.....I asked a valid question.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I remember that game well,,,,,,,,It was a pre-season game and when Lloyd hit him it drove him back about 5 yrds in the air :lol:

Clean hit & Lloyd should'nt have been fined IMO

I agree Lloyd shouldn't have been fined and so did Favre. I remember Brett stating it was a great hit. You don't hear that from these wimp *** QBs to much.:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2007, 04:12 PM
oh come on don't be so touchy.....I asked a valid question.

I answered the question and explained myself also. Maybe you missed that.:lol:

K Train
05-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Favre is my favorite non steelers, i really think hes the best ever, alot of people think im crazy for that but they are basing that on the last 2 years....hes the toughtest QB, he has a lazer cannon, i just love the way he plays....hes got the numbers, the ring, 3 time MVP....he might throw more picks then a little bitch QB, but hes also gonna make bigger plays and that what i think its all about, taking chances and doing what it takes to win...his team has been disgraceful for 2-3 years, but he is always out there trying to win games

BlitzburghNation
05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Farve is no doubt in my top 5 all time,,,,,,,,But he shoul've kept this issue in house & not talk to the media :nono:

Only difference between what he done & Faneca's done is ,,,,,,,,:dunno:

Faneca want's more money & brett wants to be traded :stirpot:

They both should've kept there mouth's shut to the media :popcorn:

K Train
05-14-2007, 09:19 PM
brett is not playing for money anymore, he'd play in a wheelchair for free when hes 85 if theyd let him...although he is taking about 50% of green bays cap lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Favre is my favorite non steelers, i really think hes the best ever, alot of people think im crazy for that but they are basing that on the last 2 years....hes the toughtest QB, he has a lazer cannon, i just love the way he plays....hes got the numbers, the ring, 3 time MVP....he might throw more picks then a little bitch QB, but hes also gonna make bigger plays and that what i think its all about, taking chances and doing what it takes to win...his team has been disgraceful for 2-3 years, but he is always out there trying to win games

I don't think you're crazy at all for taking Favre number 1. I have him 5 personally but I have no problem with how high you have Favre. Ok I love how people knocks his INT's. The reason Brett throws so many is just like why Bradshaw threw so many picks. Both of those QB's had the confidence and the guts to make any throw. They didn't care about stats at all but just winning. So yes both QB's took to many chances at times but I rather have a QB with guts instead of worrying about their stats like Golden Boy Manning.:lol:

DIESELMAN
05-14-2007, 09:41 PM
I just heard Favre apologized and said he doesn't want to be traded and wants to stay a Packer until he retires. He said he was frustrated at the FO's lack of effort in getting Moss. All Favre wants to do is win, can't blame him for getting pissed at the FO.

SteelerSteve
05-15-2007, 01:51 AM
I think Favre is probably number 2 all time, whenever I think about the best quarterback for some reason Joe Montana comes to mind, you guys ever hear of him?:lol:

BlitzburghNation
05-15-2007, 02:28 AM
I think Favre is probably number 2 all time, whenever I think about the best quarterback for some reason Joe Montana comes to mind, you guys ever hear of him?:lol:

:ditto:

SteelerSteve
05-15-2007, 02:30 AM
:ditto:
I like Terry Bradshaw to, I have know idea on his stats or anything but he won 4 superbowls. and he wore black and gold, in my book that counts for something!:tt02:

BlitzburghNation
05-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Stats wasn't the greatest,,,,but he won 4 rings like you said and he was a steeler !!!!!!!!

SteelerSteve
05-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Stats wasn't the greatest,,,,but he won 4 rings like you said and he was a steeler !!!!!!!!correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt' he also win superbowl mvp?:dunno: maybe even twice. I cant recall.

BlitzburghNation
05-15-2007, 02:43 AM
correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt' he also win superbowl mvp?:dunno: maybe even twice. I cant recall.

Once,,,,,:tt02:
Other MVP's were,,,Swann,Franco and can't recall the other :scratch:
Seemed like it was stallworth in superbowl 14 :scratch: not sure !