PDA

View Full Version : Alan Faneca

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Ok, for all you Steelers fans in the Nation that think Alan Faneca is being treated bad by the Steelers front office. I got a message for you. Find another team to root for then. I'm sick of hearing this crap that Alan Faneca is being treated so unfairly. There is plenty of room on the Cards, Colts or any other teams bandwagon. So if you don't like whats going in Pittsburgh go jump on one of them teams bandwagon. I know I'll continue to support the Black@Gold and instead of an aging and over-rated OG.:lol:

Like my screen name says Black@Gold Forever:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Stlrs4Life
05-13-2007, 11:03 AM
I hear ya B&G. We have lost better players than Alan.

BB2W
05-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm so sick of hearing about Alan Faneca!... I'll be glad when he's gone, he's a cry baby who is not a true team player. It's pretty sad how some of these "professional" athletes behaive.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! :nono:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Hold on their slick, are you saying that just because some of us think the front office is giving Faneca a bum deal that we should root for another team ? :dunno:

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 11:30 AM
What a crock of **** this thread is, B&G you know I love ya, but blow it out your ***.

The FO is ****ing up, if you can be critical of players, I can be critical of the way those players are being treated. That doesn't make me any less of a fan than you are being. Art 2 is gonna **** this team, you watch, but what do I know, I guess I should go root for the bungles, huh?

BBC
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Alan Faneca!... I'll be glad when he's gone, he's a cry baby who is not a true team player. It's pretty sad how some of these "professional" athletes behaive.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out! :nono:

Exactly!

What a crock of **** this thread is, B&G you know I love ya, but blow it out your ***.

The FO is ****ing up, if you can be critical of players, I can be critical of the way those players are being treated. That doesn't make me any less of a fan than you are being. Art 2 is gonna **** this team, you watch, but what do I know, I guess I should go root for the bungles, huh?

Boo ****ing hoo. They don't want to over pay for your favorite player. You and Alan belong together...

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 07:22 PM
All i can say is,,,,,,,,,,:popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Hold on their slick, are you saying that just because some of us think the front office is giving Faneca a bum deal that we should root for another team ? :dunno:

You can take my thread how you want. All I'm saying I know I'll continue to support the Black@Gold with Alan Faneca or without Alan Faneca. I'm just tired of hearing how unfairly or bad the Steelers front office is treating Alan Faneca. I'm sorry hearing that Faneca missed the morning practice yesterday since somebody said something he didn't like is just a joke. My bosses tell me things I don't like all the time but I can't sit out work for a few hours.

I love how some of you will defend your fan favorites to the very end. I wonder if some of you were the ones that blasted Plax when Plax acted just like Alan Faneca is.

Maybe if Alan would just keep his fat mouth shut from time to time and act like a good soldier then maybe the Rooney's would make him a better offer. Ever think of that?

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Exactly!

Boo ****ing hoo. They don't want to over pay for your favorite player. You and Alan belong together...

Obviously you can't ****ing read, not once have I said they should overpay for him. But they should pony up a respectable offer for the best ****ing guard in the league.

You don't make a team better by pissing off it's best and most veteran players, and that's whats happenning. This team is going to get worse before it gets better:markit: and Faneca is just the beginning.

okiesteeler
05-13-2007, 07:40 PM
You can be critical of the front office or of players, however some of the posts on this site, have been almost as negative towards the steelers as we get towards the bungles and brownstains. When I die I will be buried in a Black N' Gold coffin, no player or Front Office personnell will ever make me switch teams

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Well I have no more respect for the over-rated piece of garbage Alan Faneca. He is now one of the players that I hate the most in the entire NFL. I think Peyton Manning is above Alan Faneca in my eyes now. I don't want bitch *** players like Fanece on my team that sit out practice since they didn't like what somebody said to him. What a bitch.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I thought this thread was about how TG and I should be fans of different teams because we are sticking up for Faneca, we already know you don't like him.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 07:57 PM
All I know Teemont if Ben was pulling this type of **** that Faneca is you would be all over his nuts. I would to if Ben was. See I can bash even my favorite players when they act like complete asses. I love Hines Ward more any Steelers fan. But when he held out I thought he was wrong in doing that.

Its just boggles my mind that people can defend million dollar athletes when they sound like complete cry babies and bash the Steelers organization. News flash to all you Steelers fans that don't have a ****ing clue. What organization has paid millions to Alan Faneca already? Well that organization is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Excuse why I don't cry Alan a ****ing river. Like I said root for another team.

P.S. Alan was a favorite of mine. But when he started questioned the direction of the team when Tomlin was hired and the fact he is acting like a complete *** over his contract then I don't want to root for players like that.

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:03 PM
The FO has always been a good judge of a players worth. In 2004 he was the 2nd highest paid guard (behind Larry Allen). In 2005 he was the 4th highest paid guard. Faneca's pay has been equivalent to his play in the past - top 5 money for top 5 performance. His performance slipped last year as did the whole teams (Porter is gone because of that). Yes its a use and discard business, but Faneca should know this by now, hes been in the league for 10 years now. Hes the consumate professional when everything is going his way. Now that Cowher and Grimm are no longer there to kiss his ***, where is that team player now? I guess its easier being the "team player" when you're one of the top money getters on the team.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
So now its a B&G crusade, about how you're a much better fan than I am? Now I'm a bad fan of the Steelers because I criticize the FO for doing ****ed up ****? You're bitching more about Faneca's bitching, than he actually bitched. My position has not changed, I said he deserves a fair offer, everyone else gets decent offers before their last year. Not once have I said he deserves to be overpaid, but hey if that makes me a bad fan, whatever, I guess you're just a better person than me.

K Train
05-13-2007, 08:07 PM
**** Faneca....its not a matter of being treated fairly, this is a buisness move and a good one if hes gonna be a bitch about it. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO PAY HIM WHAT HE WANTS.....you cant keep everyone happy, you just cant do it. This team doesnt need this, all of you that are bitching and moaning about need to stop having a stroke on an overrated lineman. Blame the ****ing salary cap if you want to blame someone, any FO in our situation would do the same thing....im willing to bet anyone that our oline will be fine next year with or without alan faneca....other players always step up and some of you get so attached to these players that you cant handle it when they leave.....well i got news for ya...**** happens. Bitch about how great he is and how unfairly hes being treated....why dont you write a letter to the NFL and tell them to redo the CBA so we can pay him even though he has ZERO desire to be here and has made that very clear....at this point i dont think 50 million dollars can keep him from his lover in AZ

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:09 PM
****ed up ****? Man get the **** out here and get a ****ing clue. The Steelers have paid him millions already. Yea they have mistreated poor little Alan Faneca.

You know what if Alan would have just kept this **** out of the media then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But no he has to whine like a bitch through the media. Did I say you were a bad fan? No I didn't just saying you don't like how the Steelers are treating your boy then root for another team. The team your boy will go to next year then.

Again is this was Ben Roethlisberger we all know Teemont would be coming up with his shots at Ben like he always does.lol

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:15 PM
The Steelers have paid him millions already. Yea they have mistreated poor little Alan Faneca.

Roughly 28 million since 2000, plus the 1 mil he already got paid this year. Then his salary of what is it 4.7 this year? So all total thats 33 mil since 2000, thats over 5 mil per year.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Once again, this thread isn't about whether we shoudl keep Faneca or not....it's about how I'm bad fan b/c I think the FO ****ed up.

It's the caps fault? Ok, I'll buy that, but why do you think our cap is so ****ed? Our FO's "great judge of talent". This year we have about 4.5 million of cap room being taken up by everyone's favorite waste of space Duce, along with Hartings, Porter, Orien Harris (yeah the POS from Miami), Charles Davis (next year Matt Spaeth), and Omar Jacobs.

Now we just won a SB two years ago, why dismantle the team and start all over......why pay Hines all of that money so we can (probably) cut him in a year or two. the FO is ****ing up...amazing how the Pats can stay so far undet the Cap, and contend every year, yet we have 1.3 mil tied up in Gardocki this year whether he plays or not.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Roughly 28 million since 2000, plus the 1 mil he already got paid this year.

Dude its funny the true great players from the past that made the NFL what it is today didn't make nearly the amount of money that these over paid cry babies make today. I guess thats why I'm so strongly against these players of today cry when they're making millions.

**** players like Sammy Baugh, Red Grange, Ernie Nevers, Johnny Unitas, Bobby Layne, Marion Motley made peanuts and actually killed themselves in their day.

I guess I'm just old school trapped in a new school age.lol

K Train
05-13-2007, 08:21 PM
the patriots have not been like this every year, not by a long shot.....they have set themselves up for a spending spree over the last few years....they had success with scrubs but they literally paid NO ONE that wasnt names brady or seymour. the pats have taken big losses through their SB runs and now they can make up for it and its all thanks to letting their guys walk year after year

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:22 PM
****ed up ****? Man get the **** out here and get a ****ing clue. The Steelers have paid him millions already. Yea they have mistreated poor little Alan Faneca.

You know what if Alan would have just kept this **** out of the media then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But no he has to whine like a bitch through the media. Did I say you were a bad fan? No I didn't just saying you don't like how the Steelers are treating your boy then root for another team. The team your boy will go to next year then.

Again is this was Ben Roethlisberger we all know Teemont would be coming up with his shots at Ben like he always does.lol

I'm not gonna switch teams b/c Faneca leaves, thats asinine. I have been a Steelers fan since I was a sperm, that does not mean I can't think my favorite player is getting the shaft.

And of course I am going to give Ben ****, he is a choke artist and a selfish player on the field, until he proves otherwise. He was good b/c he was surrounded by a ton of good/great veteran players, now he is becoming that vet, which scares me, since he has the leadership qualities of Custer.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Once again, this thread isn't about whether we shoudl keep Faneca or not....it's about how I'm bad fan b/c I think the FO ****ed up.

It's the caps fault? Ok, I'll buy that, but why do you think our cap is so ****ed? Our FO's "great judge of talent". This year we have about 4.5 million of cap room being taken up by everyone's favorite waste of space Duce, along with Hartings, Porter, Orien Harris (yeah the POS from Miami), Charles Davis (next year Matt Spaeth), and Omar Jacobs.

Now we just won a SB two years ago, why dismantle the team and start all over......why pay Hines all of that money so we can (probably) cut him in a year or two. the FO is ****ing up...amazing how the Pats can stay so far undet the Cap, and contend every year, yet we have 1.3 mil tied up in Gardocki this year whether he plays or not.

Again never called you a bad fan. Just saying don't like what the Steelers are doing then there is 31 other teams you can root for.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Dude its funny the true great players from the past that made the NFL what it is today didn't make nearly the amount of money that these over paid cry babies make today. I guess thats why I'm so strongly against these players of today cry when they're making millions.

**** players like Sammy Baugh, Red Grange, Ernie Nevers, Johnny Unitas, Bobby Layne, Marion Motley made peanuts and actually killed themselves in their day.

I guess I'm just old school trapped in a new school age.lol

Hey if it was still the 50's than he would have no right to bitch, but it's not. We are closer to the 2050's than we are to the 1950's.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:28 PM
Again never called you a bad fan. Just saying don't like what the Steelers are doing then there is 31 other teams you can root for.

Which is essentially saying I don't care about the Steelers, and is a round-about way of saying I am a bad fan. You said, you just didn't use those exact words. I know where I stand.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm not gonna switch teams b/c Faneca leaves, thats asinine. I have been a Steelers fan since I was a sperm, that does not mean I can't think my favorite player is getting the shaft.

And of course I am going to give Ben ****, he is a choke artist and a selfish player on the field, until he proves otherwise. He was good b/c he was surrounded by a ton of good/great veteran players, now he is becoming that vet, which scares me, since he has the leadership qualities of Custer.

Choke artist? He really choked in the three game leading up to the Super Bowl.:lol: Good call.....lol Yea he sucked in the Super Bowl but without his play in the play-off games that year we don't reach the Super Bowl.

You really think we win the Super Bowl with Tommy Maddox or Charlie Batch that year then you seriously mistaken.lol

Ben had a **** year last year but he also had alot to battle from a physical and mental stand point last year. You don't think is motorcycle accident or having appendix removed didn't effect his play last year then go smoke a fatty and get a ****ing clue. **** a pitcher from the Bluejays just had his appendix removed and he will miss 4-6 weeks. He doesn't play a contact sport like Ben does and Ben only missed a week.lol He manned up and played. While your Boy misses practice when somebody says something he doesn't like.:lol:

K Train
05-13-2007, 08:30 PM
all i have to say at this point....is thank god we have daniel sepulveda to get us through this mess

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey if it was still the 50's than he would have no right to bitch, but it's not. We are closer to the 2050's than we are to the 1950's.

What a great ****ing statement.:clap::clap::clap:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:33 PM
Which is essentially saying I don't care about the Steelers, and is a round-about way of saying I am a bad fan. You said, you just didn't use those exact words. I know where I stand.

Take it like you want Teemont. I could care ****ing less at this point. Keep supporting bitch *** players like Alan Faneca and I'll keep supporting the Pittsburgh Steelers.

**** you're a fan of the two of the biggest bitches in the NFL Alan Faneca and Peyton Manning.:lol:

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:33 PM
:popcorn:

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:36 PM
What a great ****ing statement.:clap::clap::clap:

WTF do you want me to say? You're right those guys put the game on the path to become what it is today, and they deserve more than what todays players are making. But are you going to tell me that if they had the chance to make 30 million as opposed to 19 million that they wouldnt take that oppurtunity? I bet they would....I bet you would too.....besides Cadillac Escalades only cost like 2 grand back then.

Maybe he shouldn't have gone to the press, it is pretty unprofessional, but I don't think I have argued against that, I just think he deserves his money. He has played hard every down he has been in a Steelers uniform.

House of Steel
05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
I second that, pass the popcorn will ya :popcorn: :popcorn1:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
You can take my thread how you want. All I'm saying I know I'll continue to support the Black@Gold with Alan Faneca or without Alan Faneca. I'm just tired of hearing how unfairly or bad the Steelers front office is treating Alan Faneca. I'm sorry hearing that Faneca missed the morning practice yesterday since somebody said something he didn't like is just a joke. My bosses tell me things I don't like all the time but I can't sit out work for a few hours.

I love how some of you will defend your fan favorites to the very end. I wonder if some of you were the ones that blasted Plax when Plax acted just like Alan Faneca is.

Maybe if Alan would just keep his fat mouth shut from time to time and act like a good soldier then maybe the Rooney's would make him a better offer. Ever think of that?

Just because I support Faneca in this deal doesn't make me less of a Steeler fan than you or anybody else. I'll support the black n gold whether we have 11 pee wee hermans out on the field or whoever. I'll defend any Steeler player who I think is getting a bum deal regardless of if they're my favorite player or not and as a matter of fact yes I blasted Plax for acting like a dumbass because he didn't put forth half the effort that Faneca did nor did he put his team first. Plax was a selfish crybaby who took plays off and sulked in the locker room when he didn't get the ball thrown his way.

Alan Faneca's statements this year or in previous years had nothing to do with him not getting a better offer, comon man you can do better than that ! :lol: They aren't paying him more because they don't think he's worth that money plain and simple.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:38 PM
Choke artist? He really choked in the three game leading up to the Super Bowl.:lol: Good call.....lol Yea he sucked in the Super Bowl but without his play in the play-off games that year we don't reach the Super Bowl.

You really think we win the Super Bowl with Tommy Maddox or Charlie Batch that year then you seriously mistaken.lol

Ben had a **** year last year but he also had alot to battle from a physical and mental stand point last year. You don't think is motorcycle accident or having appendix removed didn't effect his play last year then go smoke a fatty and get a ****ing clue. **** a pitcher from the Bluejays just had his appendix removed and he will miss 4-6 weeks. He doesn't play a contact sport like Ben does and Ben only missed a week.lol He manned up and played. While your Boy misses practice when somebody says something he doesn't like.:lol:

Ben manned up? Ben begged to play your right, and him paying cost us a game or two, which would have had us in the playoffs. All to feed his ego....thanks Ben.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Ben manned up? Ben begged to play your right, and him paying cost us a game or two, which would have had us in the playoffs. All to feed his ego....thanks Ben.

The Oline gave up 49 sacks last year with the great Alan Faneca yea its all Ben's fault.:lol: The whole team sucked *** last year even your boy who made the Pro Bowl only on his rep alone.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Ben manned up and wanted to play because he's a football player and a tough guy. He didn't want to let down his team, but Cowher should have stepped in and made him sit last year and maybe things would have been different indeed.

K Train
05-13-2007, 08:45 PM
whoa ben shouldnt have sat the whole year....jacksonville....absolutely, oakland....absolutely

our whole season would have been better if he wasnt so stubborn, but by no means is he a choke artist

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Ben manned up and wanted to play because he's a football player and a tough guy. He didn't want to let down his team, but Cowher should have stepped in and made him sit last year and maybe things would have been different indeed.

Well said,,,TG-------------:popcorn:

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Faneca has gotten paid for what hes been worth, now the Rooney's are offering him a contract on future performance. Its nobody's fault that othe G's are being over paid, its all based on what each team perceives as performance expected. Yeah Faneca thinks he deserves more but the bottom line is the Rooney's don't. Faneca, the "team player" should've handled this situation a whole helluva alot better.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:51 PM
The Oline gave up 49 sacks last year with the great Alan Faneca yea its all Ben's fault.:lol: The whole team sucked *** last year even your boy who made the Pro Bowl only on his rep alone.

Show me the stat that 10 of those sacks came from the interior line, and from our left side.....then you can blame Faneca. Im sure he gave up a few sacks, maybe 3-5, but Jeff Hartings getting blown off the ball on 90% of our pass plays didn't help anyone (and yes Hartings was easily my second favorite player). ben should not have been playing in a few of those games, but he insisted, b/c chunky soup isn't enough to feed his ego.

House of Steel
05-13-2007, 08:51 PM
This is getting nuts. I am on Alan's side, but that doesn't make me any less of a Steelers fan either. Teemont has some flat out straight points. Ben should of sat out most of last season.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Show me the stat that 10 of those sacks came from the interior line, and from our left side.....then you can blame Faneca. Im sure he gave up a few sacks, maybe 3-5, but Jeff Hartings getting blown off the ball on 90% of our pass plays didn't help anyone (and yes Hartings was easily my second favorite player). ben should not have been playing in a few of those games, but he insisted, b/c chunky soup isn't enough to feed his ego.

Of course Jeff Hartings had a bad year. But the guy has been playing on one ****ing good knee for the last three years. I also never just blamed Alan Faneca. Just stated the Oline gave up 49 sacks last year and that Alan Faneca was part of that. I also stated the whole team sucked ***.:lol: Instead of just blaming one man for us missing the play-offs unlike you.

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:55 PM
whoa ben shouldnt have sat the whole year....jacksonville....absolutely, oakland....absolutely

our whole season would have been better if he wasnt so stubborn, but by no means is he a choke artist
Its not so much Ben was stubborn. The team "doctor", Cowher and other asst's all had a say in it. Being an athlete, means gutting it out. Yeah we had a bad season last year but you can't predict the past, if Ben would've sat and say our season would've been better. Last year was a big growing season for Ben, he had success way to early in his career and last year knocked him down a few pegs, yeah the team as a whole suffered but he wasn't the onnly one who stunk it up last year. Ben is wiser and more mature because of last year, that will only be a big benefit.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
This is getting nuts. I am on Alan's side, but that doesn't make me any less of a Steelers fan either. Teemont has some flat out straight points. Ben should of sat out most of last season.

What points has Teemont made only the fact that if Alan Faneca takes a **** then its a great accomplishment. Plus Alan Faneca is the greatest football player ever.

House you're not a Steelers fan anyway. You're a closet Browns fan.:lol:

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 08:59 PM
Of course Jeff Hartings had a bad year. But the guy has been playing on one ****ing good knee for the last three years. I also never just blamed Alan Faneca. Just stated the Oline gave up 49 sacks last year and that Alan Faneca was part of that. I also stated the whole team sucked ***.:lol: Instead of just blaming one man for us missing the play-offs unlike you.

I can't say our whole teams sucked ***....Willie Parker had a hell of a year, and no RB has a great year w/o a decent line. I don't think we wold have won every game that Ben played in that we lost, but we may have won two of them. We were going to lose the JAX game no matter what, we all know that. We def would have won the Oakland game with somone else in there (this is waaaaay off the current subject) you can't deny that. We win the OAK game, we make the playoffs....it's that simple.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I can't say our whole teams sucked ***....Willie Parker had a hell of a year, and no RB has a great year w/o a decent line. I don't think we wold have won every game that Ben played in that we lost, but we may have won two of them. We were going to lose the JAX game no matter what, we all know that. We def would have won the Oakland game with somone else in there (this is waaaaay off the current subject) you can't deny that. We win the OAK game, we make the playoffs....it's that
simple.

Yes Willie Parker had a great year. Sorry I'll reword for you and only you. The whole team besides a select few sucked ***. Is that better.:lol:

When a team wins its a team effort and when a team losses its a team effort in my eyes thats what I stated the whole team sucked ***.

K Train
05-13-2007, 09:03 PM
we wouldve won the jacksonville game with the slightest amount of offensive production...our defense showed up to play and did everything they possibly could to keep us in that game

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Ok I'm done with this topic. Teemont just sent me a private message that made me laugh my *** off and put me in a good mood.lol

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Yes Willie Parker had a great year. Sorry I'll reword for you and only you. The whole team besides a select few sucked ***. Is that better.:lol:

When a team wins its a team effort and when a team losses its a team effort in my eyes thats what I stated the whole team sucked ***.

So you're telling me Faneca's reputation was clearing holes for Willie? Ok 1 1/2 hour break...Sopranos and entourage are on.

Koopa
05-13-2007, 09:14 PM

i know tg was one over at steelers fever :lol:, i remember seeing you talk down on plax for the way he left lol............

the patriots have not been like this every year, not by a long shot.....they have set themselves up for a spending spree over the last few years....they had success with scrubs but they literally paid NO ONE that wasnt names brady or seymour. the pats have taken big losses through their SB runs and now they can make up for it and its all thanks to letting their guys walk year after year

they won with scrubs cause they have a coach that actually knows how to out coach ppl even when he's being over powered.............maybe tomlin will be able to coach, cause cowher sure as hell could never out coach someone

anyway, faneca is in the wrong here, sure he has the right to be mad, but he's acting just like someone y'all have talked **** about on the reg and that's t.o...........he has taken this from a private matter to a out in the open matter....... we as fans our lucky to have a team with these kind of owners, most owners would budge and over pay the **** out of a guard, but they are standing their ground and letting faneca make an *** out of himself........... i don't get how ppl can justify faneca's outburst but then talk down on the likes of plax, t.o., or any other that has done this......... just cause he wears black and gold doesn't make it ok for him to be a ****ing bitch

Steelerlyn
05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Really, I have no sympathy for him, there are many players who find themselves heading into the last year of their contract, but for some reason Alan has decided that unlike most players he is going to bitch and whine about the whole situation - just as he did when his favorite assistant coach did not get the head coaching job. The bottom line is he wants an extension to protect himself against injury and blowing a big payday at the end of next season. But that's the system, he can finish his contract and become a free agent (and I'd like to know what this alleged "non-offer" was that he mentioned) that's his right and his prerogative, just as the Steelers have the right and the prerogative not to extend the deal for a penny more than they think he is worth. The Steelers also have the right to slap the franchise tag on him next spring too and then maybe trade him (forget about a trade now, they won't get any value and they will hurt their roster for this season too).

32 is right, #66 is a mouthy pansy

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 10:26 PM
I guess getting that 66 Faneca tattoo was probably a bad idea :lol: :lol:

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 10:30 PM
All I have to say...is read the sig....

Koopa
05-13-2007, 10:32 PM
All I have to say...is read the sig....

lol @ you calling us haters when we talk about your boy, but get pissy when we call you a hater for talking down on ben............

K Train
05-13-2007, 10:36 PM
lol could you imagine if we tagged him next season....what a smack in the face that would be

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 10:37 PM
lol @ you calling us haters when we talk about your boy, but get pissy when we call you a hater for talking down on ben............

I do hate ben.....I never claimed I didn't. he is the most over-rated player on the team....

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 10:38 PM
lol could you imagine if we tagged him next season....what a smack in the face that would be

have we ever tagged anyone?

K Train
05-13-2007, 10:40 PM
i dont think so, but i think it would be funny

Koopa
05-13-2007, 10:40 PM
I do hate ben.....I never claimed I didn't. he is the most over-rated player on the team....

and faneca is the most overrated guard, ppl think just cause he wears black and gold and can run block he's the greatest ever, just to bad when we have to pass a lot, our qb's are on their *** most of the game........

Koopa
05-13-2007, 10:41 PM
i dont think so, but i think it would be funny

**** that then he'd get what he wants and that's top money........

K Train
05-13-2007, 10:42 PM
but he would be ****ing furious about it, thats another year of his career gone and another year with no security

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 10:43 PM
and faneca is the most overrated guard, ppl think just cause he wears black and gold and can run block he's the greatest ever, just to bad when we have to pass a lot, our qb's are on their *** most of the game........

I would be willing to bet that no more than 5% of the sacks come from someone he is blocking. Even when he played LT he was good in pass pro....when Ben holds the ball for 6 seconds he is bound to get sacked.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 10:47 PM
To say Alan was a better run blocker than a pass blocker is to say that about nearly every OL in the league. I challenge anyone to find an offensive lineman that says they'd rather pass block than run block or anyone that says they are better at pass blocking than run blocking. Alan did both well. He wasn't perfect but he was a damn good guard and his peers respected him to the highest degree.

K Train
05-13-2007, 10:49 PM
obviously all linemen like run blocking, its just bashing into the other guy, pass blocking is a skill, it takes superb technique to do it....a great lineman is a great pass blocker

Koopa
05-13-2007, 10:51 PM
still not worth overpaying for, and yes what he wants is considered overpaying for steelers standards, faneca is a bitch, he is a white fat version of t.o., to bad he plays for an organization that has owners that don't fall for this whining tactics, cause if he played for another team he would've got what he wanted, and i'm glad he ain't gonna get jack ****, cause after bringing all this unnecessary distraction to the steelers he doesn't even deserve to put on a steelers uniform

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 10:52 PM
obviously all linemen like run blocking, its just bashing into the other guy, pass blocking is a skill, it takes superb technique to do it....a great lineman is a great pass blocker

and a G who can playy LT without much dropoff....is a great pass blocking guard....

MillerTime83
05-13-2007, 11:07 PM
heres my :2cents:

Faneca is the best LG in the league. Although he went about it wrong bitching to the media, he dose deserve more money then any other OLmen signed in the offseason. Do I think the Steelers wil pay him... nope.

I hope we can replace him with a good Gaurd, but you can not replace a guard with Faneca's level of play. I may be bosting him too much, but thats how much I like him.

As far as the superbowl goes... If you watch the run Wille took to the house rewind it and watch which blocker freed wille to run it.

K Train
05-13-2007, 11:32 PM
any LG can run that play its a textbook pull to the right :dunno:

hes not the best, i would say hutch is the best with faneca in second....he is the best out of the bunch signed to 50 million dollar deals this year though

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 11:35 PM
any LG can run that play its a textbook pull to the right :dunno:

hes not the best, i would say hutch is the best with faneca in second....he is the best out of the bunch signed to 50 million dollar deals this year though

lets see hutchinson play LT....faneca is better....and MT's point was Faenca didn't choke in the biggest game of his life on a big play.

House of Steel
05-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Hutchinson???? better than Faneca :hilarious: OH COME ON!!! I put $5 million on that Faneca would pancake his *** anyday.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 11:45 PM
There's nobody in the world worth the 10's of millions that these guys make to play a game for 6 months a year...but if the owners are going to spend the money then they'd be stupid not to take it. MT makes a good point that Alan is as good or better than every one of the top paid Guards in the league so he deserves the money they get too if we're talking about it from that perspective.

K Train
05-13-2007, 11:49 PM
since when is faneca a LT?????? you guys need to hop off his dick now, its getting old, he is NOT the best, he is a top rated guard but he is not the best in the league and hes past his prime now it would be stupid to pay him what he "deserves" and put oursleves in cap hell for years to come.....**** just get over it already

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 11:52 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 11:54 PM
since when is faneca a LT?????? you guys need to hop off his dick now, its getting old, he is NOT the best, he is a top rated guard but he is not the best in the league and hes past his prime now it would be stupid to pay him what he "deserves" and put oursleves in cap hell for years to come.....**** just get over it already

How often do you watch the line? I'm not saying hutch isn't good, but Alan is better....period.

I havent once said we should give him the 30 or whatever he is looking for, but we should have given him a respectable offer. you can talk down on him all you want, but year in and year out he is rated and will probably continue to be in all of the "experts" top three, if not Num 1.

K Train
05-13-2007, 11:57 PM
thats all fine and good, he can be rated as high as he wants, but at this point hes a bitch in my book and i hope he goes to cash in on a ****** team and fails miserably. We can afford him anymore period, its not as big of a loss as you guys are making it out to be, i respect that he is your favorite player but thats not gonna keep him around

BlitzburghRockCity
05-14-2007, 12:11 AM
If we were to sign him to a big fat contract it doesn't necessarily mean we'd be in salary cap hell. We're good enough at working the cap that we could make it work if the Rooneys really felt he was in their plans. In their minds he's not worth it, but that doesn't mean we couldn't make it work if we wanted it to, financially speaking.

We always ride the cap right on the edge but year in and year out we manage to sign the players we want to big deals when it's called for.

All I know is at the end of the day, Faneca or no Faneca Im a Steeler fan period ! I'd like to see him retire with us but that's basically a pipe dream now so we move on and cheer for who's out there.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-14-2007, 12:29 AM
Faneca is not the first player to bitch about his negotiating in public. it wasn't all that long ago that Hines was doing the same thing, then holding out of training camp and we ended up signing him ....

Prosdo
05-14-2007, 02:06 AM
The guy seems like he has no desire to be here. Why keep him around?

BBC
05-14-2007, 07:17 AM

Really? Any more bullshit you want to feed to us?

I don't know if I would use the word hate....i just don't think he is as good as 90% of other "Super Bowl winning QB's".

steelcurtaingal
05-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Okay, alan wants to leave, so lets just let him have his ****ing day and leave! His loyalty is not to the steelers and thier new headcoach, so lets just allow him to go on his merry little way. My loyalty is to the Steelers as a whole, not just one player. I don't see us keeping him, and although he may be tough to replace, he can be replaced. if i didnt show up to work just cause I didnt like what my boss said, i would be fired.
there is my:2cents: .
:cursin:

BBG7
05-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Okay, alan wants to leave, so lets just let him have his ****ing day and leave! His loyalty is not to the steelers and thier new headcoach, so lets just allow him to go on his merry little way. My loyalty is to the Steelers as a whole, not just one player. I don't see us keeping him, and although he may be tough to replace, he can be replaced. if i didnt show up to work just cause I didnt like what my boss said, i would be fired.
there is my:2cents: .
:cursin:

I couldn't agree more. He doens't want to be here....he knows the Steelers won't pay what he wants and they didn't hire his drinking buddy as his coach. Cry me a river and get lost!

BBC
05-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Really? Any more bullshit you want to feed to us?

Bump?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-15-2007, 07:01 PM
Stop :stirpot: please !

TEEMONT
05-15-2007, 08:13 PM
Bump?

Dude you love me don't you?

BBC
05-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Dude you love me don't you?

Just wanted to see how you'd respond when called out.

Needless to say, you responded exactly the way I thought you would...by avoiding the situation completely.

TEEMONT
05-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Good lord your self-righteousness makes me gag lol. So I said I didn't hate, I obviously forgot, big whoop. You obviously have an un-healthy obsession with me if you went through all the trouble to dig that thread up, whats goin on, you still mad b/c I said swimming is nothing like football?

And it's the internet, there is no such thing as a "situation", I don't take all of this too seriously, in case you haven't noticed. But hey, feel free to continue your obsession, I guess its kind of flattering.

BBC
05-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Good lord your self-righteousness makes me gag lol. So I said I didn't hate, I obviously forgot, big whoop. You obviously have an un-healthy obsession with me if you went through all the trouble to dig that thread up, whats goin on, you still mad b/c I said swimming is nothing like football?

I specifically remembered you saying you didn't hate Ben, but once it doesn't fit into your argument, you never said it :rolleyes: It wasn't trouble at all to call you out, just a simple search of my recent posts.

And what the hell are you talking about swimming and football?

And it's the internet, there is no such thing as a "situation", I don't take all of this too seriously, in case you haven't noticed.

Says the man who has made it public to an entire forum who is on his ignore list :rolleyes:

House of Steel
05-15-2007, 10:57 PM
I thank God I am not on his hate list anymore. Whew!

TEEMONT
05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
I specifically remembered you saying you didn't hate Ben, but once it doesn't fit into your argument, you never said it :rolleyes:

I forgot I said it, damn release your grip on my sac.

Says the man who has made it public to an entire forum who is on his ignore list :rolleyes:

Wow, now you take the time to mock my sig....lol...laughable.

I made it public HoS was on my ignore list b/c people told me he was talking ......who ****ing cares...why would I explain myself to you of all people. It's obvious you don't like me, and it's now obvious I don't care.

BBC
05-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Wow, now you take the time to mock my sig....lol...laughable.

I found it laughable. I'm sure others will too. Thanks.

Don't forget, when attempting to tell me that I'm obsessed or what have you, (well, first I'd look at our post counts, but I digress) that the very sig I'm mocking was made to "mock" the members that aren't supporting Faneca. Of course, you'd probably just forget that too...

I made it public HoS was on my ignore list b/c people told me he was talking ......who ****ing cares

Obviously you did, considering you thought you should let everyone know you did it.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Ok, for all you Steelers fans in the Nation that think Alan Faneca is being treated bad by the Steelers front office. I got a message for you. Find another team to root for then. I'm sick of hearing this crap that Alan Faneca is being treated so unfairly. There is plenty of room on the Cards, Colts or any other teams bandwagon. So if you don't like whats going in Pittsburgh go jump on one of them teams bandwagon. I know I'll continue to support the Black@Gold and instead of an aging and over-rated OG.:lol:

Like my screen name says Black@Gold Forever:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

:iagree: I've always liked Faneca until now. Now he just seems like a little cry-baby. The thing is, the Steelers don't over-pay and never will as long as the Rooney's are the owners. So, if he wants out then good freakin' riddins! Buh-Bye! whiney *** piece of goat terd. You are leaving the BEST damn franchise in the NFL. Seeeeeyaaaa! Go play for the Cards and eat the bird crap you land in.

I also think Tomin should bench him for this year. He may be the best OG we have, but he'll play half assed and we don't need that crap. The distraction will hurt more than he will help. If I was in PA I'd tell it too his face. I may get the s**t kicked outta me, but he'd know what a piece of crap he is.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh, but I truely think that pro sports players have lost sight of what the game is all about. They get paid VERY well to do what they have always loved doing their whole lives. 99.9% of the world population would lose a body part to be where Faneca is. Where is the loyalty? I know that if you love to play the game and you are willing to play for what you're worth the Rooney's will ALLOW you to retire as a member of the best franchise to ever grace the field. If not... lets see what you can do on a lesser team.

I SHUN YOU, Alan!!!!!!!!!! As you have done to your fans.

I may have gone a little overboard but that's how I feel.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: WE DON"T NEED YOU ALAN :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-15-2007, 11:50 PM
plus, i've had a beer or ten. i may be a little emotional. lol

tony hipchest
05-15-2007, 11:56 PM
i was a huge proponent of trading faneca. not cause i was right when i figured he would react this way, but i believe in striking when the iron is hot. at one point in march faneca had 1st round value and it woulda been a good time to capitalize and cash in on a player we most likely wouldnt be able to afford without mortgaging our teams future even more than we have been.

i know fanecas value, he does, and so do the steelers. for us to have the best 1 or 2 guard in the game for 4 million dollars is one hell of a bargain.

those who say he is at the end of his career, declining, or over rated are talking out their *** as far as im concerned. he easilly has a good 4-5 years left in him as a top player at his position. anyone know of willie roaf? if not do some research.

heard an interresting stat today. 75% of running plays were run right behind faneca, and the ones not to his side or in one of his gaps? he was pulling. he is the best pulling guard, just like dermonti dawson was the best pulling center.

the only good reason to trade faneca wasnt because he was worthless (as so many are making him out to be). its because he is so valuable. the steelers recognize this. if they didnt he wouldve been moved already. i recognize this, or i wouldve never considered it in the 1st place.

if faneca can keep doing what he's been doing for the past 9 years, he will have my 100% support as a steeler. after all he is one of the best, even today. nobody but disgruntled fans are suggesting anything different.

some fans confuse paying a player what they are worth as overpaying. i just look at it as the steelers having so many good players they cant afford to keep them all.

TEEMONT
05-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I found it laughable. I'm sure others will too. Thanks.

Don't forget, when attempting to tell me that I'm obsessed or what have you, (well, first I'd look at our post counts, but I digress) that the very sig I'm mocking was made to "mock" the members that aren't supporting Faneca. Of course, you'd probably just forget that too...

Obviously you did, considering you thought you should let everyone know you did it.

No the very sig your "mocking" was made b/c BB2W or BR7 said I should take Ben out of the background of one I mde and put text in it next to Faneca. Since he was one of the guys who has been against Faneca, as a joke I put the text that I chose in there.

As far as my post count is concerned.....you're right you do digress. My post count is somewhat low compared to others on this site, who happen to, like me, post while at work. I hardly think that makes me obessesed with anyone, other than getting a little interaction with other Steelers fans, since I live in the NorthWest, but I digress.

TEEMONT
05-16-2007, 12:12 AM
i was a huge proponent of trading faneca. not cause i was right when i figured he would react this way, but i believe in striking when the iron is hot. at one point in march faneca had 1st round value and it woulda been a good time to capitalize and cash in on a player we most likely wouldnt be able to afford without mortgaging our teams future even more than we have been.

i know fanecas value, he does, and so do the steelers. for us to have the best 1 or 2 guard in the game for 4 million dollars is one hell of a bargain.

those who say he is at the end of his career, declining, or over rated are talking out their *** as far as im concerned. he easilly has a good 4-5 years left in him as a top player at his position. anyone know of willie roaf? if not do some research.

heard an interresting stat today. 75% of running plays were run right behind faneca, and the ones not to his side or in one of his gaps? he was pulling. he is the best pulling guard, just like dermonti dawson was the best pulling center.

the only good reason to trade faneca wasnt because he was worthless (as so many are making him out to be). its because he is so valuable. the steelers recognize this. if they didnt he wouldve been moved already. i recognize this, or i wouldve never considered it in the 1st place.

if faneca can keep doing what he's been doing for the past 9 years, he will have my 100% support as a steeler. after all he is one of the best, even today. nobody but disgruntled fans are suggesting anything different.

some fans confuse paying a player what they are worth as overpaying. i just look at it as the steelers having so many good players they cant afford to keep them all.

that post makes the most sense out of anything I have read in this thread...

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-16-2007, 12:24 AM

In retrospect, I agree we should've traded Faneca. I also agree that he is a top guard in the league and is no where near worthless. I also agree that he has a good 4-5 years left. And I also agree that if he wants to get his head out of his *** and remain a Steeler he will again gain my 100% support.

What I don't agree with is the money that pro players are asking for these days. IMO Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league right now. He should be paid a max of $4-5 million (and that's going high). The lineman should never make more than $1-2 million. Do you realize what kind of lifestyle that provides? Can you tell me you wouldn't LOVE to get paid that much for what you have always loved to do? One of the problems we are seeing is college kids coming into pro sports and all of a sudden they have more money than they know what to do with. What happens? The Bengals, that's what. Give these guys a very comfortable living with a very nice retirement. No more.

What ever happened to loyalty and the love of the game?

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 12:39 AM
In retrospect, I agree we should've traded Faneca. I also agree that he is a top guard in the league and is no where near worthless. I also agree that he has a good 4-5 years left. And I also agree that if he wants to get his head out of his *** and remain a Steeler he will again gain my 100% support.

What I don't agree with is the money that pro players are asking for these days. IMO Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league right now. He should be paid a max of $4-5 million (and that's going high). The lineman should never make more than $1-2 million. Do you realize what kind of lifestyle that provides? Can you tell me you wouldn't LOVE to get paid that much for what you have always loved to do? One of the problems we are seeing is college kids coming into pro sports and all of a sudden they have more money than they know what to do with. What happens? The Bengals, that's what. Give these guys a very comfortable living with a very nice retirement. No more.

What ever happened to loyalty and the love of the game?even the scrubbiest of the scrub-scrub baseball players are making about as much as faneca does in a year. then again, after spring training, they dont have to go to "practice" or watch gamefilm, or study. they just go to the park, shag a few ground balls, take some practice swings, and "play ball" 162 times a season.

i have no problem with the $$$ football players make. the entertainment they provide us doesnt allow them to milk it for 20+ years like sissy la-la's like roger clements.

oooh. he can throw a ball 1 time a week, and not do jack **** the other 4 days inbetween starts. im real impressed. for that he should be paid more than 99% of all football players :scratch:

the only baseball induced health problems he will suffer from after retirement (if the goat ever actually retires) are either roid induced or the equivalent of jacking off 3 times a day for 25-30 years.

TEEMONT
05-16-2007, 12:44 AM
the only baseball induced health problems he will suffer from after retirement (if the goat ever actually retires) are either roid induced or the equivalent of jacking off 3 times a day for 25-30 years.

whats wrong with jacking off 3 times a day.

DIESELMAN
05-16-2007, 12:45 AM

Trading him would've been the most logical and best thing to do. Now everything is up in the air, I still feel the Rooneys might make him one last offer before July. I don't know what Faneca is expecting but I'm sure it'll be way more then 4 mil.

Dan
05-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm not familiar enough with the issue, but I know I've felt the same way with several Bears players.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-16-2007, 12:51 AM
lmao! Very good point. I again agree with you in that baseball players make way too much and Faneca is worth more. I'm not much of a baseball fan. I think it's a pussy sport that is barely more worth watching than golf. My point is all pro (baseball, basketball and football) players make too much. Again, players sahould get paid well for what they do, but they are asking for rediculous amounts of money. If they got back to reality they could still be rich and Joe Blow Fan could still afford to go to a game, have a beer, a hot dog and enjoy the game. It's no longer about the love of the game, it's all about money.

Maybe I'm bitter because I can't afford to go to more than 1 or 2 games a year, but I think that's the situation most fans are in.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 12:54 AM
whats wrong with jacking off 3 times a day.i hear it causes blindness. :bluelol: well, really i didnt hear it, cause it supposedly causes deafness too.

what????

TEEMONT
05-16-2007, 12:57 AM
i hear it causes blindness. :bluelol: well, really i didnt hear it, cause it supposedly causes deafness too.

what????

I heard it was great cardio....sadly most of my socks dont have matches now.....lol and the line has been crossed.

TEEMONT
05-16-2007, 12:59 AM
In all seriousness....my beef is not with those people saying that Faneca isn't worth the money, its the people who say he is over the hill, and talk needless ****. Its not even really a beef, its a disagreement I guess.

I know the Steelers can't afford to pay him what he wants, despite how badly I want him to stay a Steeler. But at the same time, for people to deny how good Faneca is, and will be for the next couple of years, is just plain dumb.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 01:02 AM
My point is all pro (baseball, basketball and football) players make too much. Again, players sahould get paid well for what they do, but they are asking for rediculous amounts of money. If they got back to reality they could still be rich and Joe Blow Fan could still afford to go to a game, have a beer, a hot dog and enjoy the game. It's no longer about the love of the game, it's all about money.

Maybe I'm bitter because I can't afford to go to more than 1 or 2 games a year, but I think that's the situation most fans are in. maybe its the owners who make too much. it isnt hot dogs that are paying the players salaries. it is tv revenues and ticket sales. if any of the owners are hurting for money, i suggest they buck up and sell their franchise for $750,000,000- $1,200,000,000 and then try to sing such a sad song about how bad they are doing.

what should the players do? play for a million a year and let the owners keep all the extra revenues for doing nothing more than "owning"? that sounds like communist socialism if you ask me.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-16-2007, 01:03 AM
I have to completely agree with you. He is definitely not over the hill. He has some years left and I wish he would stay a Steeler, but money talks, he's walkin' and I'm pissed about it all the way around.

Screw it the Steelers will overcome!:tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope: :tt02: :cope:

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-16-2007, 01:06 AM
maybe its the owners who make too much. it isnt hot dogs that are paying the players salaries. it is tv revenues and ticket sales. if any of the owners are hurting for money, i suggest they buck up and sell their franchise for $750,000,000- $1,200,000,000 and then try to sing such a sad song about how bad they are doing.

what should the players do? play for a million a year and let the owners keep all the extra revenues for doing nothing more than "owning"? that sounds like communist socialism if you ask me.

Yeah, you got me there. I don't know the answer to that I just know we have to start somewhere. The players are the ones who got into it for the love of the game. The owners got into it for the money.

Koopa
05-16-2007, 01:07 AM
i don't know what category i fall under, cause i say he deserves to get paid just not with the steelers, especially since he pulled a t.o. and went crying to the media about a private matter, the way he acted this weekend was so damn unprofessional he doesn't even deserve to wear black and gold anymore......... and while i think he's a great player and a top guard, i still think steeler fans over rate the **** out of him because he wears black and gold, and it sickens me to see ppl justify his outburst but then talk down on the likes of t.o., plax, and any other bitch that whined to the media about **** that should be kept in private........... faneca is a bitch in my book cause the way he acted, and yes he does have 4-5 years left in him, but you don't put a guard in front of play makers such as troy, troy should be the first on the list of getting paid followed by ben........ we could draft a guard in the first round next year and we'll be set there....... i applaud art for not playing games with faneca and sticking to his guns of not giving into these whinny tactics...........

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-16-2007, 01:12 AM
Art still might give in ....Hines bitched and held out 2 years ago and got what he wanted... they are what 6 million apart, that really is not all that much...:2cents:

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 01:13 AM
In all seriousness....my beef is not with those people saying that Faneca isn't worth the money, its the people who say he is over the hill, and talk needless ****. Its not even really a beef, its a disagreement I guess.

I know the Steelers can't afford to pay him what he wants, despite how badly I want him to stay a Steeler. But at the same time, for people to deny how good Faneca is, and will be for the next couple of years, is just plain dumb.
sadly many steelerfans are confused by this myth that one cannot be productive past the age of 30. i hear it about porter and faneca all the time. yet i dont see anyone bitching that james farrior is still on the roster. nobody seems to have a problem with the steelers extending aaron smiths contract. it is a complete sin to suggest getting rid of hines war and his 7+ million dollar contract. jerome was a savior.

whatever helps them get through the day i guess. i just laugh at the contradictions. i guess we only have 5 more good years with ben as our qb. anyone really believe hes gonna just accept a 3 year extension?:hilarious:

Koopa
05-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Art still might give in ....Hines bitched and held out 2 years ago and got what he wanted... they are what 6 million apart, that really is not all that much...:2cents:

but hines is a playmaker and should have got paid his money, and hines didn't bitch like faneca, he didn't cry they hate me and making it obvious they don't want me blah blah blah

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 01:26 AM
and while i think he's a great player and a top guard, i still think steeler fans over rate the **** out of him because he wears black and gold, and it sickens me to see ppl justify his outburst but then talk down on the likes of t.o., plax, and any other bitch that whined to the media about **** that should be kept in private........... hes not over rated. hes simply rated. everybody outside of the steelers org and fanbase considers him one of the top 2 guards in the game.

like tim ryan and pat kirwan said today, none of the guards who got huge deals this year could hold fanecas jock.

in no way is he being pumped up by steelerfans. all those in the league and those who cover it agree he is top 1-3 in the business. i dare anyone who disagrees to list anyone better. and dont bother with age, cause just because one may be younger than faneca doesnt make them better.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 01:29 AM
but hines is a playmaker and should have got paid his money, and hines didn't bitch like faneca, he didn't cry they hate me and making it obvious they don't want me blah blah blah yeah he did. where were you? :dunno:

Koopa
05-16-2007, 01:35 AM
hes not over rated. hes simply rated. everybody outside of the steelers org and fanbase considers him one of the top 2 guards in the game.

like tim ryan and pat kirwan said today, none of the guards who got huge deals this year could hold fanecas jock.

in no way is he being pumped up by steelerfans. all those in the league and those who cover it agree he is top 1-3 in the business. i dare anyone who disagrees to list anyone better. and dont bother with age, cause just because one may be younger than faneca doesnt make them better.

i rarely see fans from other teams talk about faneca the way steeler fans do, they make faneca out to be the sole reason we even win a game......he is a great player, but nowhere as important as our playmakers, cause faneca is just a guard and we can draft one to replace him in the first round, we'll never have another troy.......

yeah he did. where were you? :dunno:

i don't remember reading about him saying that next year is his last, and i don't remember him saying he wanted out, and wanted to be traded........ he held out, and then came back before he got his deal done if i remember correct cause the rooney's wouldn't negotiate with him while he was holding out........... so ward was nowhere as much of a bitch as faneca has been........ plus i rather someone hold out then go and say i'm only here cause i have to be or i'd get fined or some bs like that..........

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-16-2007, 01:35 AM
sadly many steelerfans are confused by this myth that one cannot be productive past the age of 30. i hear it about porter and faneca all the time. yet i dont see anyone bitching that james farrior is still on the roster. nobody seems to have a problem with the steelers extending aaron smiths contract. it is a complete sin to suggest getting rid of hines war and his 7+ million dollar contract. jerome was a savior.

whatever helps them get through the day i guess. i just laugh at the contradictions. i guess we only have 5 more good years with ben as our qb. anyone really believe hes gonna just accept a 3 year extension?:hilarious:

I understand that it's a fact of the game that players are going to want, and get, a shitload of money. And because of this we will lose great players. I just have an old fashion belief in loyalty. Although Alan has god given talent the steelers organization has helped mold him into what he is. He without a doubt deserves more money (based on what other players are making), but how much? And as Koopa put it why does he have to whine so much and make it out like the Steelers have never done anything for him? I would still love to see him play in Black and Gold, but I would like him to realize what an honor it is.

Actually, in an ideal communism/socialism government is not supposed to allow people to be better off than other people. The great thing about a democracy is that someone can buy an NFL franchise and be billionaires. That doesn't mean they should stick it to us at the ticket counter or pay whiny players outrageous amounts of money. But that is their choice and we can only sit back and bitch about it. Again, I'm just bitter because I can't afford to go to more games.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 01:48 AM
i don't remember reading about him saying that next year is his last, and i don't remember him saying he wanted out, and wanted to be traded........ he held out, and then came back before he got his deal done if i remember correct cause the rooney's wouldn't negotiate with him while he was holding out........... so ward was nowhere as much of a bitch as faneca has been........ plus i rather someone hold out then go and say i'm only here cause i have to be or i'd get fined or some bs like that..........i dont care about what other teams fans say. most of "other teams fans" are complete retards.

it seems like what faneca has said has really got you upset. just remember-

"sticks and stones, may hurt your bones, but words will never hurt you."

you are right about 1 thing... hines ward held out. faneca has said he will show up for the 1st day of work for the job he is getting paid to do.

now who is the bitch? your views on the world seem a little skewed.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 01:52 AM
That doesn't mean they should stick it to us at the ticket counter or pay whiny players outrageous amounts of money. But that is their choice and we can only sit back and bitch about it. Again, I'm just bitter because I can't afford to go to more games.yeah, i cant afford to go to vegas 4 times a year either. but im not gonna bitch about the price to travel there.

Koopa
05-16-2007, 02:02 AM
i dont care about what other teams fans say. most of "other teams fans" are complete retards.

it seems like what faneca has said has really got you upset. just remember-

"sticks and stones, may hurt your bones, but words will never hurt you."

you are right about 1 thing... hines ward held out. faneca has said he will show up for the 1st day of work for the job he is getting paid to do.

now who is the bitch? your views on the world seem a little skewed.

but he didn't talk down on management and all this bullshit, he just simply held out for a bit........ faneca is acting like plax and t.o. and crying for more money.....

BBC
05-16-2007, 08:28 AM

This is the part I have a problem with. The Steelers offered him 19 million over 3 years. That is top guard type money. He demanded (and won't budge) from 24 over 3 years. That's almost a million dollars more per year than the highest contract ever for a guard (50 million over 7 years). The Steelers offered him what he is worth. This isn't about the money for him, if it were, he'd have signed that deal and be a Steeler right now. He's still butt-hurt that he can't smoke some cigars in the parking lot with Grimm anymore, and he's using his contract as a scapegoat. He has no loyalty to this team, or these fans (some of whom would support him to the day they died), that's why I can't stand the guy anymore.

ARKIESTEEL
05-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Well since we didnt trade him for draft picks then we need to pay him.....maybe not all he wants but maybe somewhere in the middle..this guy is great on the O-line. I say we screwed up not tradeing him but that may just be me:scratch: :dunno:

BBG7
05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
but he didn't talk down on management and all this bullshit, he just simply held out for a bit........ faneca is acting like plax and t.o. and crying for more money.....

Good point. I was actually disappointed with Hines when he held out, however, he wasn't really all over the media saying this was his last year as a Steeler and that he wanted to be traded. He was actually saying that he hoped that the Steelers and him could reach an agreement because he wanted to stay a Steeler.

Steelerlyn
05-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Good point. I was actually disappointed with Hines when he held out, however, he wasn't really all over the media saying this was his last year as a Steeler and that he wanted to be traded. He was actually saying that he hoped that the Steelers and him could reach an agreement because he wanted to stay a Steeler.

Bingo! well said g/f

BBG7
05-16-2007, 12:41 PM

I don't think many people have said he's worthless, and I feel that most people know how good he is. However, he doesn't want to stay a Steeler and wants more money than we can pay for him. His attitude really hasn't been one of a leader, even though the guys still see him as one. A leader in my opinion, doesn't need to go publicily about problems, they go to the source. They also make an effort, and show up to some practices that aren't mandatory (I'm not saying all, but at least some) That's just my opinion and that's what has made me lose respect for the guy.

Prosdo
05-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Alan Faneca is good at what he does. My problem is the way he is acting. 19 mil over 3 years isn't a bad offer imo. But if it comes to paying Faneca or Troy. I will take Troy. A thing that bothers me is Faneca's attitude. It just seems like the guy doesn't want to be here. When Hines was going for his contract you knew he wanted to be here.

House of Steel
05-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Well Said, Prosdo. I think Alan has at least two productive years at the top level maybe three before declining. 3 years at $19 mil is more than fair on the Steelers offer. How much damn money do you need to stay happy? Alan, please listen to the fans and the public and stop the damn crying and take the offer.

okiesteeler
05-16-2007, 06:18 PM
I used to like Faneca, but after all the threads and the talking here, I wish he would just disappear, I am sick of hearing and seeing his name, cant we go back to the time when no one knew the name of players on the OL?

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 07:29 PM
This is the part I have a problem with. The Steelers offered him 19 million over 3 years. That is top guard type money. He demanded (and won't budge) from 24 over 3 years. That's almost a million dollars more per year than the highest contract ever for a guard (50 million over 7 years). The Steelers offered him what he is worth. This isn't about the money for him, if it were, he'd have signed that deal and be a Steeler right now. He's still butt-hurt that he can't smoke some cigars in the parking lot with Grimm anymore, and he's using his contract as a scapegoat. He has no loyalty to this team, or these fans (some of whom would support him to the day they died), that's why I can't stand the guy anymore.fanecas agent gave an interview on sirius. he said his client has told him a hundered times that he wants to retire a steeler. faneca doesnt want to be the highest paid guard in the league but he does want to be top 5. fanecas agent revealed the deal put on the table "wasnt even close to #6". the steelers management told faneca to play out this year and then move on. :dunno:

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 07:33 PM
fanecas not washed up, over the hill. its not because hes 30 and his best years are behind him (why isnt everyone who believes this crying for aaron smith or hines ward to be let go?).

just blame the seahawks:

http://nfl.com/news/story/10183442

Impact of Hutchinson's '06 deal, Hester's move

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(May 15, 2007) -- Two months ago, a prominent NFL general manager warned me that escalating contracts were going to really affect the business of football.

"Managing our locker rooms is getting more difficult all the time," he said, "because players with less credentials than the best players at their positions are getting deals that are throwing everything out of whack."

Well, no better example than at offensive guard.

If Alan Faneca signs somewhere else, Pittsburgh should blame Seattle.
Last year, the rules changed when Steve Hutchinson, Seattle's exceptional offensive guard, got a transition tag from his team. That tag gave any other team the right to negotiate a deal with Hutchinson and have the player present it to the Seahawks to match. The Vikings broke the bank to get Hutchinson's services and changed forever the value of an offensive guard.

In years past, a guard was not considered a position to be paid like a left tackle, but since the guards (and centers) were grouped with the tackles in the "tag" process, it was only a matter of time before guards would get paid big.

As we entered this offseason, a number of personnel people told me the Hutchinson deal would not be the impetus for more mega contracts for the guards. Wrong! Eric Steinbach, Leonard Davis and Derrick Dockery all hit a jackpot off the Hutch deal.

The Steelers are really the first team to feel the effects. There's no way the Steelers want to lose the best guard in football, Alan Faneca. In fact, according to his agent, there was an assumption that when Faneca reached the last year of his deal, which is 2007, that both sides would sit down and iron out an extension. Keep in mind when Faneca signed his current deal, it made him the highest-paid guard in the league.

Now the Steelers are looking at what it will take to keep Faneca and will not pay at that level, even if it is for a future Hall of Famer.

The subject of trading him comes up and you have to ask, why trade him? The Steelers are confident Faneca will play at a high level this season, and when he leaves for "greener" pastures, the Steelers will receive a third-round compensatory pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. If you trade him now for a second-round pick, you lose the use of his services in 2007 and wind up gaining compensation that might only be 30 picks higher than what they would get anyway.

Next year, Faneca will be paid and his age will not be a factor. Watch the game tapes, because this 30-year-old will probably play four more seasons at a very high level. It just won't be in a Steelers uniform.

Had Hutchinson never gotten a transition tag from the Seahawks, a lot of NFL offensive guards would have never been paid what they are getting right now. Next year, Faneca is probably going to rewrite the record book for paying guards and young players behind him will be the next to benefit.

Five years from now, maybe it's Ben Grubbs of the Ravens or Justin Blaylock of the Falcons or Arron Sears in Tampa. Someone or all of them have a chance to get paid a salary no one ever thought was possible.

DIESELMAN
05-16-2007, 07:38 PM
He used to always be in or real close to the top 5, but with the ever changing payscales it's just not possible anymore. He can play out this year, make the pro bowl and get paid his contract that he wants by someone else. That way he's helping us and himself at the same time.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 07:43 PM
He used to always be in or real close to the top 5, but with the ever changing payscales it's just not possible anymore. He can play out this year, make the pro bowl and get paid his contract that he wants by someone else. That way he's helping us and himself at the same time.i agree, we would have to cut about 5 valuable (maybe overpaid) back ups such as clark, wilson, okolbi, and jeopardize resigning young talent such as tony smith and bryant mcfadden.

BBC
05-16-2007, 08:25 PM
fanecas agent gave an interview on sirius. he said his client has told him a hundered times that he wants to retire a steeler. faneca doesnt want to be the highest paid guard in the league but he does want to be top 5. fanecas agent revealed the deal put on the table "wasnt even close to #6". the steelers management told faneca to play out this year and then move on. :dunno:

And we all know that agents are the most truthful people around, right? Just ask Drew Rosenhaus.

If he wanted to retire a Steeler...he would have said that (or, as crazy as this sounds, signed the 3 year, 19 million contract), much like Ward did. He wouldn't tell the media that this is his last year in Pittsburgh.

If Top Gun's list was the 4 highest paid guards, then what the Steelers offered (19 million) was in the top 4 per year. If he wants a top 5 contract in terms of total money, he's out of his mind. That would have to be a 7 year contract, and no team (especially not the Steelers) is going to sign a 30 year old guard to a seven year contract. Again, if it were about money, he would have signed. He's asking for more money per year than Hutchinson is getting, and when the Steelers offer 5 million less, it's "insulting." Give me a break. He wants to be with Grimm, he doesn't give a **** about the Steelers.

tony hipchest
05-16-2007, 11:43 PM
And we all know that agents are the most truthful people around, right? Just ask Drew Rosenhaus.

If he wanted to retire a Steeler...he would have said that (or, as crazy as this sounds, signed the 3 year, 19 million contract), much like Ward did. He wouldn't tell the media that this is his last year in Pittsburgh.

If Top Gun's list was the 4 highest paid guards, then what the Steelers offered (19 million) was in the top 4 per year. If he wants a top 5 contract in terms of total money, he's out of his mind. That would have to be a 7 year contract, and no team (especially not the Steelers) is going to sign a 30 year old guard to a seven year contract. Again, if it were about money, he would have signed. He's asking for more money per year than Hutchinson is getting, and when the Steelers offer 5 million less, it's "insulting." Give me a break. He wants to be with Grimm, he doesn't give a **** about the Steelers.should we automatically take the owners words as gospel?

listen, im not giving no opinion on the agents words, just reporting the "news" as i heard it. hence the "i dont know" emoticon :dunno:

please note i loosely wrapped the word news in quotes.

there are always 2 sides of the story and i havent taken a stance either way, other than we shouldve struck while the iron was hot and traded faneca while his value was at its highest.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-17-2007, 12:18 AM
I still believe that all pro players make too much money. And I still believe Faneca is a whiny little bitch that doesn't appreciate what the organization has done for him. If he REALLY wanted to retire a steeler he'd take the deal the steelers are offering. But, there is nothing I can do about it so I'll stop bitching about it and move on.

This is a great article. Lets use Alan for the year and then get what we can for him next year. He WILL give us a good year because it will help his worth for any teams looking to beef up their OL.

Thanks for the years you put in Alan. Now give us your best this year and then good riddins.

BBC
05-17-2007, 06:57 AM
should we automatically take the owners words as gospel?

I haven't heard anyone from Faneca's corner dispute the offer of 19 million, have you?

other than we shouldve struck while the iron was hot and traded faneca while his value was at its highest.

Then you and I are essentially in agreement on this, with the exception that I can't stand Faneca anymore and want him out of Pittsburgh just as much as he wants to be. But yes, we should have made this trade before everything was made public, because, as I said earlier in this thread, now team's know that we're desperate to get rid of him, and are going to be offering a lot less for him.

steelcurtaingal
05-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I still believe that all pro players make too much money. And I still believe Faneca is a whiny little bitch that doesn't appreciate what the organization has done for him. If he REALLY wanted to retire a steeler he'd take the deal the steelers are offering. But, there is nothing I can do about it so I'll stop bitching about it and move on.

This is a great article. Lets use Alan for the year and then get what we can for him next year. He WILL give us a good year because it will help his worth for any teams looking to beef up their OL.

Thanks for the years you put in Alan. Now give us your best this year and then good riddins.

i agree with you. :yesnod:

TEEMONT
05-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Then you and I are essentially in agreement on this, with the exception that I can't stand Faneca anymore and want him out of Pittsburgh just as much as he wants to be. But yes, we should have made this trade before everything was made public, because, as I said earlier in this thread, now team's know that we're desperate to get rid of him, and are going to be offering a lot less for him.

How are we desperate to get rid of him? If they were, then he would have been gone during the draft. Obviously they are keeping him around for a reason. We don't exactly have a good situation at LG if Faneca left tomorrow (and he would probably be traded for a draft pick, it's not like we are going to trade for another LG). We need to have him around one more year, and I don't think he is that big of a cancer to the team. Obviously Tomlin has nipped this in the bud.

SteelerFan87
05-17-2007, 02:50 PM
I still believe that all pro players make too much money. And I still believe Faneca is a whiny little bitch that doesn't appreciate what the organization has done for him.

What the organization has done for him? What has the organization done for him, other than draft him and, for the most part, pay him market value? If the Steelers hadn't done that, someone else certainly would. Meanwhile, Alan Faneca has given the Steelers an all pro guard who makes the pro bowl EVERY YEAR and is the best guard in the game, IMO the best O LINEMAN in the game. He's played his *** off for the Steelers. Remember that time when he got that cut on his forehead and had blood pouring down his face? He didn't care. He kept playing. Faneca was, for his entire career here, the epitome of a Pittsburgh Steeler. And now that he wants the security of having more than 1 year on the job, lots of fans are jumping all over him criticizing him and demanding that he leave.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-17-2007, 03:07 PM
What the organization has done for him? What has the organization done for him, other than draft him and, for the most part, pay him market value? If the Steelers hadn't done that, someone else certainly would. Meanwhile, Alan Faneca has given the Steelers an all pro guard who makes the pro bowl EVERY YEAR and is the best guard in the game, IMO the best O LINEMAN in the game. He's played his *** off for the Steelers. Remember that time when he got that cut on his forehead and had blood pouring down his face? He didn't care. He kept playing. Faneca was, for his entire career here, the epitome of a Pittsburgh Steeler. And now that he wants the security of having more than 1 year on the job, lots of fans are jumping all over him criticizing him and demanding that he leave.

Best Olineman in the game?:lol: Lay off the ****ing crack. Yea Faneca is better then Walter Jones.lol

This love for Alan Faneca is getting retarded. Yea the Steelers have treated him so wrong. I'm crying Alan Faneca a ****ing river right now thinking about all the millions he has made already.:lol: He is a ****ing OG. We can find one in next years draft almost just as good. Plus we probabaly won't have to spend a first round pick to do so. Hell the rookie OG probably will be better in pass proctection anyway.:lol:

About making the Pro Bowl every year. Its not really impressive since the last two years Faneca has made it on his rep alone. Just like how Ray Lewis makes it every ****ing year. **** the Pro Bowl I could care less about how many Pro Bowls a player goes to.:lol:

Koopa
05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
i used this line already, but i'm gonna have to use it again

the pro bowl is about as useless as a pecker on a pope when it comes to judging how good someone is, a lot of the players go for bs reasons like romo, wtf was that?? he has 3 good games and he's a pro bowler............ ppl need to stop using the pro bowl in their argument, cause again it's useless in judging how good someone is

faneca is a very good player, but does not have the right to act like a complete ***, if he was on any other team he would've never got a super bowl ring, he should be thankful for that, sure he would've already got his bank as fat as him, but his fingers would be ringless............. he needs to stfu, play out the season, and walk like a man, not act like t.o., when he leaves we'll get a 3rd round compensation pick out of him cause he'll make the pro bowl just on his name a lone

TEEMONT
05-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Best Olineman in the game?:lol: Lay off the ****ing crack. Yea Faneca is better then Walter Jones.lol

This love for Alan Faneca is getting retarded. Yea the Steelers have treated him so wrong. I'm crying Alan Faneca a ****ing river right now thinking about all the millions he has made already.:lol: He is a ****ing OG. We can find one in next years draft almost just as good. Plus we probabaly won't have to spend a first round pick to do so. Hell the rookie OG probably will be better in pass proctection anyway.:lol:

About making the Pro Bowl every year. Its not really impressive since the last two years Faneca has made it on his rep alone. Just like how Ray Lewis makes it every ****ing year. **** the Pro Bowl I could care less about how many Pro Bowls a player goes to.:lol:

Well I think we saw last year that Walter Jones was living off of Hutchinsons talent, so even though Faneca probably isnt the best O-lineman in the league, it isn't a stretch to say so. I knwo you hate him b/c he "whined", but your hating is blinding you dude. Show me some proof that Faneca is living off of his rep, I make sure I watch him every game, and every game he still looks like a beast. You dog his pass blocking, but still no one has given any kind of stat that says he is a bad pass blocker, no one. You don't make the pro-bowl if all you can do is run-block. You aren't going to just replace one of the best O-lineman in Steelers history, Kemoaetu (SP?) has a chance to be a nasty run-blocker, but he won't turn into our next Faneca. You tyhink our line sucked last year? Wait till 66 isn't holding down the left side.

TEEMONT
05-17-2007, 03:58 PM

the pro bowl is about as useless as a pecker on a pope when it comes to judging how good someone is, a lot of the players go for bs reasons like romo, wtf was that?? he has 3 good games and he's a pro bowler............ ppl need to stop using the pro bowl in their argument, cause again it's useless in judging how good someone is

faneca is a very good player, but does not have the right to act like a complete ***, if he was on any other team he would've never got a super bowl ring, he should be thankful for that, sure he would've already got his bank as fat as him, but his fingers would be ringless............. he needs to stfu, play out the season, and walk like a man, not act like t.o., when he leaves we'll get a 3rd round compensation pick out of him cause he'll make the pro bowl just on his name a lone

Actually if he would have played for:
Denver
St. Louis
Baltimore
New England
Tampa Bay or
Indy he would have gotten a ring.

Romo made the Pro-bowl last year b/c the NFC sucks....nuff said.

You can always take a look at Faneca's All-Pro numbers, I am pretty sure he has made the team the last 4-5 years. No votes from the fans on that one.

Koopa
05-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Actually if he would have played for:
Denver
St. Louis
Baltimore
New England
Tampa Bay or
Indy he would have gotten a ring.

Romo made the Pro-bowl last year b/c the NFC sucks....nuff said.

You can always take a look at Faneca's All-Pro numbers, I am pretty sure he has made the team the last 4-5 years. No votes from the fans on that one.

denver went wr and drafted last in the first, so i doubt they would've took him, didn't they already have a badass line??

rams drafted 6th overall so i doubt he would've went there

ravens drafted 10th, still to high for a guard

i guess new england didn't need him cause they passed on him twice

colts drafted first overall and got manning, so he wouldn't have gone there

tampa didn't have a first round pick

so he would've have gone to any of those teams, and i'm sure the team he would've went to would still have him, cause like i've said before he should get paid, just not with us cause we have more important needs, and other owners will overpay like a mo fo, so looking at that draft it's hard to see him with a superbowl team, and he was a first round talent so i doubt he'd gone past the chiefs cause they drafted a tackle who ain't even in the league no more right after us.........so yeah, i still say he wouldn't have won a superbowl

and i don't have anything against using all pro as an argument, just the pro bowl cause anyone can make it off just 2 or 3 good games, look at chris chambers last year, he pretty much had the same stats as hines, but because he had 2 monster games he made it in over a more consistent hines

TEEMONT
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
denver went wr and drafted last in the first, so i doubt they would've took him, didn't they already have a badass line??

rams drafted 6th overall so i doubt he would've went there

ravens drafted 10th, still to high for a guard

i guess new england didn't need him cause they passed on him twice

colts drafted first overall and got manning, so he wouldn't have gone there

tampa didn't have a first round pick

so he would've have gone to any of those teams, and i'm sure the team he would've went to would still have him, cause like i've said before he should get paid, just not with us cause we have more important needs, and other owners will overpay like a mo fo, so looking at that draft it's hard to see him with a superbowl team, and he was a first round talent so i doubt he'd gone past the chiefs cause they drafted a tackle who ain't even in the league no more right after us.........so yeah, i still say he wouldn't have won a superbowl

and i don't have anything against using all pro as an argument, just the pro bowl cause anyone can make it off just 2 or 3 good games, look at chris chambers last year, he pretty much had the same stats as hines, but because he had 2 monster games he made it in over a more consistent hines

That wasn't what you originally said though....you said if he was on ANY other team he wouldn't have.....lol.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-17-2007, 04:28 PM

I agree with everything you said. Except I think the alter boys probably get a lot of use outta the popes pecker.:lol:

SteelerFan87
05-17-2007, 04:29 PM

Are you kidding me? Walter Jones? I'd take Faneca over Walter "I need Hutchinson!" Jones any day. And again, you're an idiot if you think a guy like Faneca can be replaced by just any 2nd round pick. Yeah, we could have replaced Terry Bradshaw with any 1st round pick. Get your head out of your ***. Faneca is one of if not THE best lineman in Steelers history. And as for pro bowls, no, Faneca doesn't make them on reputation alone. How the hell does an O-lineman make ANYTHING on reputation alone? :lol:
And to compare him to Ray Lewis? It's clear watching Ray Ray that he's lost a few steps since his prime. You can't say the same thing about Faneca.

Steelerlyn
05-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey guys we all have our opinions and they mean basically nothing. The Steeler organization will do what they do. We do not need to agree but we also do not need to needle each other, after all on Sunday we will all be cheering for the same thing ..............a Steeler victory and no one man can make that happen it is a team game.

:popcorn:

SteelerFan87
05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Hey guys we all have our opinions and they mean basically nothing. The Steeler organization will do what they do. We do not need to agree but we also do not need to needle each other, after all on Sunday we will all be cheering for the same thing ..............a Steeler victory and no one man can make that happen it is a team game.

But arguing is FUN! :lol:

Steelerlyn
05-17-2007, 05:02 PM
But arguing is FUN! :lol:

yeah you are right it is LOL, and we never have time for it during the season LOL Another fun thing to go after in the offseason is the staff of whatever site you are on but AZ and TOP GUN are so near perfect I guess we will have to settle with picking each other apart, that always brings in new members !~

Black@Gold Forever32
05-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Are you kidding me? Walter Jones? I'd take Faneca over Walter "I need Hutchinson!" Jones any day. And again, you're an idiot if you think a guy like Faneca can be replaced by just any 2nd round pick. Yeah, we could have replaced Terry Bradshaw with any 1st round pick. Get your head out of your ***. Faneca is one of if not THE best lineman in Steelers history. And as for pro bowls, no, Faneca doesn't make them on reputation alone. How the hell does an O-lineman make ANYTHING on reputation alone? :lol:
And to compare him to Ray Lewis? It's clear watching Ray Ray that he's lost a few steps since his prime. You can't say the same thing about Faneca.

Idiot? I say look in the mirror.:lol: Yea take an OG over a franchise LT like Walter Jones. Makes ****ing sense.:lol:

How does a Olineman make the Pro Bowl on rep alone? Well if you need that explained to you then maybe you need to get your head out of your ***.:lol:

The best Olineman in Steelers history. Thats real ****ing funny. I swear your man crush on Alan Faneca is worse then Teemont's. I'll give you best OG in Steelers history but best Olineman. **** Dermontti Dawson puts Faneca to shame.:lol:

My advice getting a ****ing clue and then start posting. Your boy Faneca isn't nearly as good as you claim. Best Olineman in the NFL and best in Steelers history. What a ****ing joke.:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Well I think we saw last year that Walter Jones was living off of Hutchinsons talent, so even though Faneca probably isnt the best O-lineman in the league, it isn't a stretch to say so. I knwo you hate him b/c he "whined", but your hating is blinding you dude. Show me some proof that Faneca is living off of his rep, I make sure I watch him every game, and every game he still looks like a beast. You dog his pass blocking, but still no one has given any kind of stat that says he is a bad pass blocker, no one. You don't make the pro-bowl if all you can do is run-block. You aren't going to just replace one of the best O-lineman in Steelers history, Kemoaetu (SP?) has a chance to be a nasty run-blocker, but he won't turn into our next Faneca. You tyhink our line sucked last year? Wait till 66 isn't holding down the left side.

Walter Jones was great before Hutchinson game into the NFL. Maybe you need a clue. Yes I dog his pass blocking along with the rest of the Steelers Oline. I have said for many years the Steelers Oline was great in run blocking but an average at pass protection. Even in 05 the Oline still gave up over 30 sacks.lol

I agree Alan Faneca is still a beast in run blocking but I stick to my opinion that he is average at best in pass protection. He has given up sacks Teemont, you act like he has never given up a sack.:lol: Your boy is a bitch plain and simple.

TEEMONT
05-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Walter Jones was great before Hutchinson game into the NFL. Maybe you need a clue. Yes I dog his pass blocking along with the rest of the Steelers Oline. I have said for many years the Steelers Oline was great in run blocking but an average at pass protection. Even in 05 the Oline still gave up over 30 sacks.lol

I agree Alan Faneca is still a beast in run blocking but I stick to my opinion that he is average at best in pass protection. He has given up sacks Teemont, you act like he has never given up a sack.:lol: Your boy is a bitch plain and simple.

I never said he didnt give up any sacks....and if I'm did I'm sure BBC will take his valuable time and find where I did. I just said he is good at pass blocking. Sadly the NFL doesnt keep a stat of which O-lineman gives up the sack, but I would be willing to bet Faneca has given up less than 10% of the Steelers sacks each year.

Yeah Walter Jones was good before Hutch got there, but when Hutch was there was when he was widely considered the best Lineman in the NFL. Last year his play dropped off though, and I (sadly) watch the Seahwaks play almost every week, seeing as where I live and all. Walter Jones was not as good last year as he has been in past years.

30 sacks isnt a lot of sacks....less than two a game...I'll take that. besides when your QB holds the ball for 6 seconds on pass plays, he is bound to get sacked......hell I would love to see most people here keep a 6 year old away from something they wanted for 6 seconds...let alone a 250-325 pound man away from a QB for that long.

He's a bitch in your eyes, but in my eyes he is how the game is supposed to be played....maybe he is being a bit of a dick with how he is takin what is happening to him, but I can understand his issues. I can't really relate to them.....seeing as I will never be a millionare, but I can see where he is coming from.

Hawk Believer
05-17-2007, 07:15 PM
I never said he didnt give up any sacks....and if I'm did I'm sure BBC will take his valuable time and find where I did. I just said he is good at pass blocking. Sadly the NFL doesnt keep a stat of which O-lineman gives up the sack, but I would be willing to bet Faneca has given up less than 10% of the Steelers sacks each year.

Yeah Walter Jones was good before Hutch got there, but when Hutch was there was when he was widely considered the best Lineman in the NFL. Last year his play dropped off though, and I (sadly) watch the Seahwaks play almost every week, seeing as where I live and all. Walter Jones was not as good last year as he has been in past years.

30 sacks isnt a lot of sacks....less than two a game...I'll take that. besides when your QB holds the ball for 6 seconds on pass plays, he is bound to get sacked......hell I would love to see most people here keep a 6 year old away from something they wanted for 6 seconds...let alone a 250-325 pound man away from a QB for that long.

He's a bitch in your eyes, but in my eyes he is how the game is supposed to be played....maybe he is being a bit of a dick with how he is takin what is happening to him, but I can understand his issues. I can't really relate to them.....seeing as I will never be a millionare, but I can see where he is coming from.

I'll back you up on the statement that Walter Jones' play was not as good last year. In years past he never got beaten on a play. Last year, there was a few times where he did get beat. They were really infrequent and he's still the best in the league IMO. But it was a little sad to see him be outdone just a few times over the season.

Now as to the cause of that trend... Yeah, not having Hutch and having a really banged up line last season probably didn't help his performance. But I think most of us thought that last season might have been the one where old man time might have started to catch up with Walter. I sure hope not but its pretty likely. He's 33 and played an awful lot of downs in his time. That being said, I can't think of any other lineman I'd trade him for while our current window is open for another year or two. Walter Jones' worst days are career days for most other guys.

BlitzburghNation
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
WOW,,,,,:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

152 posts on Faneca :scratch:

Solomon & Schein on sirius said today Alan is the best Gaurd in football & deserves to get paid !!!!!!

We've beat this topic to death :lol:
We'll see what happens in the upcoming months :scratch: :tt02: :popcorn:

Steelerlyn
05-18-2007, 12:16 AM
He better play well his final year in Pittsburgh or his poor family will starve and have no security because no other team will pick him up. <sob sob sob>

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-18-2007, 12:51 AM
[QUOTE=SteelerFan87;110471] ...Get your head out of your ***. Faneca is one of if not THE best lineman in Steelers history.....

He is one of the better lineman in STEELERS history , but by no means the best. There is a long list of dominant lineman in Steelers history...Kolb, Davis, Dawson, Webster, too name a few...
who knows he may end up signing with us, if he really wants to be a STEELER. We made him the highest paid guard once, I don't see it happening a second time....