PDA

View Full Version : Minicamp Highlights.....

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 09:20 AM
• Rookie punter Dan Sepulveda launched several impressive punts, and Tomlin, when asked about it, said, “He better.”
• Play of the Day: Roethlisberger floated an out pass to Hines Ward and cornerback Deshea Townsend leaped in front of Ward to intercept the high pass and return it for a touchdown.
• Undrafted rookie running back Paul Mosley incurred the wrath of new running backs coach Kirby Wilson, who threw his hat to the ground and cursed at Mosley. Said one long-time team observer: “That’s the first hat thrown by the Steelers’ running backs coach in over a quarter of a century.”
• The relentless Chris Hoke bull-rushed tackle Brandon Torrey back into quarterback Brian St. Pierre’s lap to force an interception by Mike Lorello. “Hoke may be the real reason Faneca’s not here,” quipped a reporter.
• A flea-flicker from Najeh Davenport back to Roethlisberger resulted in a long touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes, who beat rookie William Gay.

Captcoolhand
05-13-2007, 09:49 AM
sounds like they were toying with the rookies and letting them know that this is the Big league.:lol:

House of Steel
05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh the joy of hearing how good it went. :greengrin: This sounds like a promising minicamp only to get heated up for training camp.

BB2W
05-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Thanks for the update! :redcool:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
• A flea-flicker from Najeh Davenport back to Roethlisberger resulted in a long touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes, who beat rookie William Gay.

Note to self, watch for this in the regular season :cope:

PsychoWard
05-13-2007, 12:49 PM

hell yeah!!!!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 12:51 PM
I'll 3rd that,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 12:57 PM
• The relentless Chris Hoke bull-rushed tackle Brandon Torrey back into quarterback Brian St. Pierre’s lap to force an interception by Mike Lorello. “Hoke may be the real reason Faneca’s not here,” quipped a reporter.

I really like what Chris Hoke brings to the team when he's in for Casey. When Hampton was down for a few games Chris really stepped up and played well. We're lucky to have 2 solid NT's on our 34 defense that can occupy the double teams and get pressure up the middle.

strong D
05-13-2007, 01:00 PM
I really like what Chris Hoke brings to the team when he's in for Casey. When Hampton was down for a few games Chris really stepped up and played well. We're lucky to have 2 solid NT's on our 34 defense that can occupy the double teams and get pressure up the middle.

:plus1: i agree with that

SteelerNation
05-13-2007, 01:22 PM

:plus1: hell yay thats what i like to here big ben getting back to the special plays that made him who he is in the 2005 season. :cope:

K Train
05-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Play of the Day: Roethlisberger floated an out pass to Hines Ward and cornerback Deshea Townsend leaped in front of Ward to intercept the high pass and return it for a touchdown.

good get it out of your system now lol

stillers4me
05-13-2007, 01:27 PM

Music to my ears..........:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 01:27 PM
good get it out of your system now lol

:lol: :lol:

K Train
05-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Rookie punter Dan Sepulveda launched several impressive punts

is anyone really surprised by this? lol

Captcoolhand
05-13-2007, 02:16 PM
is anyone really surprised by this? lol
i like reading about the Aussie Roll:yesnod:

Rookie Daniel Sepulveda launched several of his "Aussie roll" punts yesterday, although none hit the ground. Each was caught by a punt-returner.
Sepulveda copied a technique seen from some Australian punters whereby he drops the point of the ball on his foot and kicks it more end over end like a kickoff. The idea is to do it so that if it lands beyond the goal line, it will bounce back, presumably to where the punting team can down it inside the 10 or so. But -- ouch -- kicking the point of the football?
"No,'' Sepulveda said, "It just misses. I'm just on the inside of my foot."
He also put his left foot to the ball to send it rocketing more than 60 yards a few times with good hang time.
"He better, you know?" Tomlin said. "He's got that reputation. But we say on a daily basis that reputations and resumes mean very little. They got to do it on a daily basis and earn it, and I think he's prepared to do that. He did get off a few impressive ones, but not unlike what we expect.

BlacknGold Bleeder
05-13-2007, 02:30 PM

I agree Hoke is another beast !! now let's stir up the pot...:stirpot:

When Hampton is ready to resign contract, do the STEELERS do it? :lol:

and no I don't want replys...:hilarious:

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
One more update.....Willie Reid ran like a rocket on returns. Sep the Punisher boomed a punt 60 yards that died on the 1 yd line. I wonder if we'll see any of his punts stick into the ground? :banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 08:48 PM
One more update.....Willie Reid ran like a rocket on returns. Sep the Punisher boomed a punt 60 yards that died on the 1 yd line. I wonder if we'll see any of his punts stick into the ground? :banana:

That is awesome, I can't wait to see our return and kicking game this year :cope: ...now if we can get our coverage units to get their act together we might be able to actually rely on our special teams to be an asset instead of an *** :lol:

K Train
05-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Sep the Punisher

YESSS!