PDA

View Full Version : Ben takes the high road with Faneca questions

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 01:55 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07133/785688-66.stm

Roethlisberger also did not leap at the chance to pull a touche on teammate Alan Faneca. The six-time Pro Bowl guard once reacted incredulously to a question posed to him after quarterback Tommy Maddox's right elbow was injured in the second game of the 2004 season.

Faneca was asked if he was excited to see Roethlisberger, then a rookie first-round draft choice, play. Faneca said he was not excited about going into a game with "some little young kid who's just out of college."

Yesterday, after Faneca skipped the morning drill, Roethlisberger was asked if he were excited about playing with young Chris Kemoeatu at left guard. The quarterback did not take the bait.

"Well, you know what -- Chris, if it's his time to get called, then I know he'll step up and play well," Roethlisberger answered. "I think Alan's the best guard in the game and I can't wait for him to protect me this year."

The quarterback was asked to compare his new coach, Mike Tomlin, to his former coach, Bill Cowher.

"Well, coach Cowher, like I said, I was only here a couple years with him, and he was 'The Chin.' He wasn't that for no reason. He was a Hall of Fame coach, and it was a great honor to be able to play for him."

DIESELMAN
05-13-2007, 02:03 AM
That shows Ben's maturity, life is all about choices, he made the right one. :bigthumb:

okiesteeler
05-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Way to go Ben. I am glad to see that he is growing up

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 02:45 AM
God he is so full of ****.......

BlitzburghNation
05-13-2007, 02:55 AM
That shows Ben's maturity, life is all about choices, he made the right one. :bigthumb:

:ditto:

Captcoolhand
05-13-2007, 07:52 AM
:clap: Good to hear that Ben's coming to his own and not being a puppet forthe Media. :plus1:

Stlrs4Life
05-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Good job Ben.

Steelerlyn
05-13-2007, 11:04 AM
Ward could take a lesson from him. Well said, Ben!

House of Steel
05-13-2007, 11:09 AM
God he is so full of ****.......

I just curious to why you said this. I respect your opinions. At least, Ben didn't fall for the bait. He better think twice about expecting Alan to protect him, it isn't going to happen the way the Rooneys are doing him. Yes, I am ticked off at the Rooneys, I want the whole truth to why they are treating him like ****.

PsychoWard
05-13-2007, 11:12 AM
way to go ben looks like he's learned a lot from cower!

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I just curious to why you said this. I respect your opinions. At least, Ben didn't fall for the bait. He better think twice about expecting Alan to protect him, it isn't going to happen the way the Rooneys are doing him. Yes, I am ticked off at the Rooneys, I want the whole truth to why they are treating him like ****.

You're ticked off at the Rooney's then go root for another ****ing team.:lol: **** this is getting stupid. All this support for an OG thats performance is in the decline. Plus he is showing that he is a ****ing bitch.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 12:04 PM
You're ticked off at the Rooney's then go root for another ****ing team.:lol: **** this is getting stupid. All this support for an OG thats performance is in the decline. Plus he is showing that he is a ****ing bitch.

At least we never had to worry how alan was going to play, you always knew it was going to be an all-pro perfromance, every game. With Ben, every time he drops back, I'm worried its gonna be six the other way. I know you all love Ben because he "won a Super Bowl", but so did Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson (I think).

Black@Gold Forever32
05-13-2007, 12:09 PM
At least we never had to worry how alan was going to play, you always knew it was going to be an all-pro perfromance, every game. With Ben, every time he drops back, I'm worried its gonna be six the other way. I know you all love Ben because he "won a Super Bowl", but so did Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson (I think).

An all-pro performance? Hello Teemont Alan Faneca even had bad games. Dude your man crush for Faneca is getting alittle sick. I can be very critical of Ben just ask Top Gun. Or any player for that matter.

You act like Alan never missed a block on a running play or gave up a sack. In fact he gives up sacks. He has always been average at best in pass blocking. I know you played OG or ****ing C but this is stupid why you're supporting this piece of **** that is acting like a bitch. Somebody said something mean to Alan Faneca so he missed the morning practice. What a ****ing bitch.

TEEMONT
05-13-2007, 12:22 PM
An all-pro performance? Hello Teemont Alan Faneca even had bad games. Dude your man crush for Faneca is getting alittle sick. I can be very critical of Ben just ask Top Gun. Or any player for that matter.

You act like Alan never missed a block on a running play or gave up a sack. In fact he gives up sacks. He has always been average at best in pass blocking. I know you played OG or ****ing C but this is stupid why you're supporting this piece of **** that is acting like a bitch. Somebody said something mean to Alan Faneca so he missed the morning practice. What a ****ing bitch.

A. Everyone misses blocks, you can miss blocks and still put in an All-Pro performance.
B. Alan has, like he said, played Steeler football for the past 9 years, no questions asked, and I'm sorry if I can't just dump on him like all of you have.
C. I don't get how people say his pass-blocking is average? Compared to hsi run-blocking, you're right it looks average, but he is a hell of a pass-blocker, does everyone forget in 04 when he played LT for 1-2 games? He did a bang-up job, you don't play LT, period, if you can't pass block.

Lastly, until we hear what was said to him, I won't pass judgement. I dunno who said what, but it looked like Tomlin went and talked to him, and he came back, which is a good sign.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-13-2007, 12:26 PM
I can't keep up with all the Alan Faneca threads and which debate Im doing with whom about him ;) Normally we would have combined all these long ago but because it's such a hot topic with good debates in every thread we'll let it go. Just try to keep all the debates within the current threads before we go starting anymore. :bigthumb:

strong D
05-13-2007, 01:17 PM

I just think we have more impotant play making players we need to sign before we worry about alan he is great but the money he wants he is not going to get it in the burgh very smart on bens part:plus1: