PDA

View Full Version : Casey Hampton/Aaron Smith

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Well since there is alot of talk about the whole Alan Faneca contract saga. Plus Hines Ward feels the need to be the team spokesman and state his comments through the media which is never good. I think Hines should just say no comment since its none of his business what is going on between Alan Faneca and the Steelers front office.

But I just want to point out that the Steelers have gave new deals to Casey Hampton and Aaron Smith. They gave Hampton a new deal right before training camp 2005 when the Steelers and Hines Ward were going through a contract battle.

Now this past off-season the Steelers gave Aaron Smith his new deal. You know what you never heard of Hampton or Smith whine about their contract or holdout like Hines did. So maybe Hines Ward and Alan Faneca need to think a about that before making their statements. The Rooney's will reward you if act like a true pro. Making statements through the media and holding out will not sit well with owners like the Rooneys.

Well that just my :2cents:.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Hines is a true professional, he's never been anything but that. Same with Casey Hampton. Aaron Smith is the same way. Just because players voice their opinion doesn't mean they aren't professionals it just means they are human.

Arron, Casey, both got their contracts before their deals were up and negoiations were ongoing with them so there was no need for them to gripe. In the case of Hines his talks stalled out and he took it upon himself to do what he had to do and a deal got done.

In the case of Faneca they are far apart on what the going rate is for a 6 time pro bowler and the FO has said they aren't budging so what's he supposed to think? :)

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Hines is a true professional, he's never been anything but that. Same with Casey Hampton. Aaron Smith is the same way. Just because players voice their opinion doesn't mean they aren't professionals it just means they are human.

Arron, Casey, both got their contracts before their deals were up and negoiations were ongoing with them so there was no need for them to gripe. In the case of Hines his talks stalled out and he took it upon himself to do what he had to do and a deal got done.

In the case of Faneca they are far apart on what the going rate is for a 6 time pro bowler and the FO has said they aren't budging so what's he supposed to think? :)

The point I was trying to make though Top was that both Casey and Aaron were good soldiers and the Rooney's took care of them. They didn't whine or hold out about anything. So thats all I'm saying. I think Hines used to be a true pro. But with his hold out and especially after the Super Bowl win/Super Bowl MVP his ego has gotten bigger. But he is a WR and you know how WRs are these days.:lol:

I know alot of you won't argee with me since Hines and Alan are such fan favorites. The Steeler Nation doesn't like it when the fan favorites are bashed.:lol: I'll bash any player.lol Its my right as a fan.lol

strong D
05-12-2007, 11:50 AM
thats fine if faneca isnt happy about his contract situation but shut the f up and play your year make another probowl then go cash in

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2007, 12:22 PM
I hear ya 32, and I can see your point of view. I always like debating this with you cuz we're both so damn adamant about our positions :lol:

I guess for me, if a player gives you his all for so long then he should be rewarded. Obviously Alan knows there's no way he'd be getting 50 million from the Rooneys' but giving him alittle better than half that would have been enough to keep him. We all know this is a business and it sucks when our fan favorites aren't brought back. It's life though in the NFL, all we can do as fans is just support our team 100 % even if we have 11 pee wee hermans on the field :lol:

TEEMONT
05-12-2007, 12:27 PM
The point I was trying to make though Top was that both Casey and Aaron were good soldiers and the Rooney's took care of them. They didn't whine or hold out about anything. So thats all I'm saying. I think Hines used to be a true pro. But with his hold out and especially after the Super Bowl win/Super Bowl MVP his ego has gotten bigger. But he is a WR and you know how WRs are these days.:lol:

I know alot of you won't argee with me since Hines and Alan are such fan favorites. The Steeler Nation doesn't like it when the fan favorites are bashed.:lol: I'll bash any player.lol Its my right as a fan.lol

Hampton and Smith never got anywhere close to being in the same siuation that Faneca is in. Faneca should have gotten taken care of already, there haven't even been real negotiations yet.

I know you love to bash any player, but without players, the Steelers are just a logo.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I hear ya 32, and I can see your point of view. I always like debating this with you cuz we're both so damn adamant about our positions :lol:

I guess for me, if a player gives you his all for so long then he should be rewarded. Obviously Alan knows there's no way he'd be getting 50 million from the Rooneys' but giving him alittle better than half that would have been enough to keep him. We all know this is a business and it sucks when our fan favorites aren't brought back. It's life though in the NFL, all we can do as fans is just support our team 100 % even if we have 11 pee wee hermans on the field :lol:

I like debating but most of the time I'm serious but I'm also just joking around. You seem to understand that and I think thats why we can have these type of debates and keep it civil.

I really hope the Steelers could work something out with Alan Faneca. It would be nice if both parties could meet a middle ground. But the Rooney's are stuck in their old school ways and I respect that. Now Faneca wants to be paid and I don't blame when there is other OGs nearly not as good getting paid alot more then him. I just wish he wouldn't display his displeasure with the organization through the media. Thats just one of my things I don't like at all. I hate seeing this since it can turn ugly and we could have a major distraction on our hands.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Hampton and Smith never got anywhere close to being in the same siuation that Faneca is in. Faneca should have gotten taken care of already, there haven't even been real negotiations yet.

I know you love to bash any player, but without players, the Steelers are just a logo.

But the logo will remain.lol:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt0 2::tt02::tt02: While these players come and go.lol

25MVPKing
05-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I guess for me, if a player gives you his all for so long then he should be rewarded.

His reward is playing for a winning team and earning a Super Bowl title. How many other teams could he have played for the past 9 seasons and had more wins or Super Bowls? Not too many.

No, I'm sorry you don't get rewarded for good play by being given lots of money. If you play well and have the potential to play at the same level or better you can have more money. If you're in a restaurant and the waitress is too old, slow, and weak to keep your drink full and get your food to you while it's hot, you don't tip them MORE than if they were young, hot, fast, and strong.

This is why Roger Clemons d!cks over the sport of baseball--making it a mockery. You get paid, you play. You play well, you get paid well. The overinflation of salaries is because it's seen as reward or incentive.

It's not reward or incentive it's a dollar given for a dollar earned. And if the Steelers think Faneca will give them $19 million worth of play, they'd be foolish to give him $24 million. That would be like tipping that old, slow, weak waitress BEFORE she you made eat a cold steak without a cold beer to wash it down.

BlitzburghNation
05-12-2007, 01:00 PM
What I heard Faneca say on sirius :blah:

He's pissed & insulted about the low offer the management offered him
But he also said,he'll be there for training camp :popcorn:
One more thing he said,he'll not be a steeler next year :popcorn:

Like i've said over & over again ,,,,,,, We need to shop him now & get something for him,rather then him playing this year & getting nothing :scratch:

Hate to see him go but we all know management will not pay him what he wants ,,,,,,,,,,That's my :2cents:

Koopa
05-12-2007, 01:50 PM
why do you keep bringing up 6 time pro bowl tg?? that **** don't matter, that was the past.........faneca is the new t.o., and he i hope he blows his knees and can't get his money, no player deserves to act the way faneca is acting, and for ppl to justify this **** is sickening

BlitzburghNation
05-12-2007, 02:01 PM
why do you keep bringing up 6 time pro bowl tg?? that **** don't matter, that was the past.........faneca is the new t.o., and he i hope he blows his knees and can't get his money, no player deserves to act the way faneca is acting, and for ppl to justify this **** is sickening

Can't believe you'd put Faneca's name with that bastard T----the HO !

I sure can't believe you'd wish a player would get hurt :nono:

Sure he's going about it in the wrong way,but he's far from being a T.O.

Koopa
05-12-2007, 02:05 PM
if that player is hurting my team, then i'd hope they get hurt so they would stop.........that's why i miss kimo, we need him to go after brady's and mannings knees too

BlitzburghNation
05-12-2007, 02:09 PM
if that player is hurting my team, then i'd hope they get hurt so they would stop.........that's why i miss kimo, we need him to go after brady's and mannings knees too

Guess we'll always differ in that aspect of the game :nahnah:

we all know the KIMO thing was an accident,he's not a dirty player :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Wow I don't like what Faneca is doing but to wish injury on a guy is a bit extreme. As for Kimo going after Manning and Brady's knees to. Thats just wrong I don't want any player to get hurt. Plus we beat Manning in the play-offs without taking his knee out.lol

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Koopa is getting fired up :lol:

His reward is playing for a winning team and earning a Super Bowl title. How many other teams could he have played for the past 9 seasons and had more wins or Super Bowls? Not too many.

No, I'm sorry you don't get rewarded for good play by being given lots of money. If you play well and have the potential to play at the same level or better you can have more money. If you're in a restaurant and the waitress is too old, slow, and weak to keep your drink full and get your food to you while it's hot, you don't tip them MORE than if they were young, hot, fast, and strong.

Alan has played well, and still has the potential to play well, it's not like the dude is over the hill or ready to retire. He's got 4 good years in him to play at a high level. If you play at a high level, give your team 100 percent everytime you're on the field, make the pro bowls, help them be overall successful then yes you do get rewarded with big money,that's why these guys play the game. Sure they love football but don't let anyone fool you into thinking they don't want well compensated when they are in the prime of their careers still.

Koopa
05-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Koopa is getting fired up :lol:

Alan has played well, and still has the potential to play well, it's not like the dude is over the hill or ready to retire. He's got 4 good years in him to play at a high level. If you play at a high level, give your team 100 percent everytime you're on the field, make the pro bowls, help them be overall successful then yes you do get rewarded with big money,that's why these guys play the game. Sure they love football but don't let anyone fool you into thinking they don't want well compensated when they are in the prime of their careers still.

omg, stop bringing up pro bowls, fans vote, steeler fans dominate the voting, that's why he starts all the time, the pro bowl don't mean ****, none of these all star stuff mean anything cause fans are allowed to vote, if we weren't allowed to vote and it was just players and coaches voting then it would be a legit argument..............

while faneca deserves to get money, he has no right to act like the complete bitch he's being no matter how much he has put in to this organization..........

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 02:40 PM
omg, stop bringing up pro bowls, fans vote, steeler fans dominate the voting, that's why he starts all the time, the pro bowl don't mean ****, none of these all star stuff mean anything cause fans are allowed to vote, if we weren't allowed to vote and it was just players and coaches voting then it would be a legit argument..............

while faneca deserves to get money, he has no right to act like the complete bitch he's being no matter how much he has put in to this organization..........

Koopa the Pro Bowl only a 1/3 of the fans vote count in the voting. The other 2/3 comes from player and coaches around the NFL.lol

Koopa
05-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Koopa the Pro Bowl only a 1/3 of the fans vote count in the voting. The other 2/3 comes from player and coaches around the NFL.lol

that starters are voted by the fans, the rest of the **** is by players and coaches............faneca makes it in all the time cause the steelers fans vote so damn much.......... pro bowls don't mean ****, better players are left out, hell lt used to have trouble making it and he was always badass.....so **** bringing up a pro bowl cause it don't mean ****

BlitzburghRockCity
05-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Dude really, the fans vote is only 1/3 as 32 mentioned. We don't get the whole say in the matter whether they are starters or not. The majority comes from the players peers in the league. :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 02:46 PM
that starters are voted by the fans, the rest of the **** is by players and coaches............faneca makes it in all the time cause the steelers fans vote so damn much.......... pro bowls don't mean ****, better players are left out, hell lt used to have trouble making it and he was always badass.....so **** bringing up a pro bowl cause it don't mean ****

No 1/3 of the fans votes count and the other 2/3 come from the players/coaches around the NFL. Fans just don't vote on the starters they vote for the whole squad. Thats why you vote fro 3 QBs.lol Not hard to explain or figure out.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Dude really, the fans vote is only 1/3 as 32 mentioned. We don't get the whole say in the matter whether they are starters or not. The majority comes from the players peers in the league. :lol:

Thank you Top.:bigthumb: I vote on the Pro-Bowl every year so I know how the **** works.:lol:

TEEMONT
05-12-2007, 02:49 PM

He's been an All-Pro for like the last 5-6 seasons too, I think. That isn't picked by fans. Stop trying to downplay how good of a player he is, the past doesn't matter you're right, but the future does, and Faneca will be good for at least 4 more years.

Koopa
05-12-2007, 02:51 PM
yeah, but he's not worth overpaying, we need all that money for our real difference makers, mainly troy.......... when faneca is at his best we still don't always get wins, but when troy is at his best, the whole defense is different and we usually end up winning.............. faneca does not deserves to get the money he wants, at least not with us, cause we have WAAAYYY more important players to sign, then a t.o. wannabe

strong D
05-12-2007, 03:00 PM
every one is making way too much of this faneca is a good player he deserves his cash i dont agree with the way he is going about it but who cares these guys are professionals they shouldnt let one players whining distract their play he wont be here after this year so good luck alan it was nice watching you play for the black and gold now go get your payday see ya

TEEMONT
05-12-2007, 03:07 PM
yeah, but he's not worth overpaying, we need all that money for our real difference makers, mainly troy.......... when faneca is at his best we still don't always get wins, but when troy is at his best, the whole defense is different and we usually end up winning.............. faneca does not deserves to get the money he wants, at least not with us, cause we have WAAAYYY more important players to sign, then a t.o. wannabe

A. He deserves the money he wants.
B. No one is talking about over-paying him.
C. I wouldn't be suprised to see Tory sign with someone else, seeing the way the FO treats vets.
D. Faneca is not a T.O. wannabe, he hasn't held out (with the exception of missing practice today, and the reason hasn't been reported yet), he won't hold out, and if he isn't traded he is going to play his *** off despite what you think. He is a professional who wants his payday, just like your boy Ben will want (despite a less than stellar track record).

Koopa
05-12-2007, 03:25 PM
this outburst to the media is a t.o. type thing, the money he wants is overpaying for a old guy........ troy will be resigned, cause the rooneys give the players that deserve it their money, porter didn't deserve it, and faneca didn't deserve it, i can't believe porter is more mature about the whole situation then faneca is, you'd think it would've been the other way around, faneca acts like he's god's gift to the offense guard.......

TEEMONT
05-12-2007, 03:28 PM
this outburst to the media is a t.o. type thing, the money he wants is overpaying for a old guy........ troy will be resigned, cause the rooneys give the players that deserve it their money, porter didn't deserve it, and faneca didn't deserve it, i can't believe porter is more mature about the whole situation then faneca is, you'd think it would've been the other way around, faneca acts like he's god's gift to the offense guard.......

He is.....lol

jasonbay
05-12-2007, 03:41 PM
For those downplaying how good he is if we lose him our rushing attack will be killed , it is worth overpaying to keep a future HOF'er , the replacement wont be half as good as him. He's wants money ..i can see where he is coming from he needs to cash in so he can live off that for the rest of his life.

About Pro Bowl

The AFC and NFC All-Star squads are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group's vote counts one-third towards determining the 43-man rosters

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/balloting_final

Old article but still gets the info out.

okiesteeler
05-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Faneca is the best OG in the league and is definently a HOF'r. I wonder though if he gets traded and only plays a couple of years for a different team and then retires. When he is elected into the HOF, will he go in as a Steeler or will this whole mess have him so upset at the Steelers FO that he will go in for whatever team he retired from

TEEMONT
05-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Faneca is the best OG in the league and is definently a HOF'r. I wonder though if he gets traded and only plays a couple of years for a different team and then retires. When he is elected into the HOF, will he go in as a Steeler or will this whole mess have him so upset at the Steelers FO that he will go in for whatever team he retired from

As far as I know, NFL players dont go into the HoF as a member of a certain team.

BlackGold4vr
05-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Alan Faneca OL

$3,375,000 2007 salary
$1,597,750 pro-rated signing bonus
$1,000,000 roster bonus

$150,000 LTBE bonus (whatever the hell that is)

$6,122,750 2007 salary cap hit

But he wants 7 mil per year. Nobody on our roster makes that kind of dough. Is he nuts? Like we're going to make a OG the highest paid player on the team? He is a whiny *** bitch who is poisening our locker room.

He should ask all those other loser guards who made all the mad cash how many rings they have. The answer is none. He is an ungrateful whiny *** bitch. If they cave in to these kind of tactics, they can hang it up because every star player will learn from it and copy it!

The funny thing is that he is betwwen a rock and a hard place. If he destroys team chemistry in the locker room he also hurts himself in negotiating with any other team next year. He needs to play up to his same level or he hurts his contract for next season! I will be glad when he's gone!

okiesteeler
05-12-2007, 05:38 PM
As far as I know, NFL players dont go into the HoF as a member of a certain team.

I seem to remember something about a player that was going into the HOF picking th team that he wanted to represent in the ahll. I have never been there so i dont know how it is set up, but isn't their bust displayed with the team that they played for (or in this case chose to enter as?)

TEEMONT
05-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I dont think so....I have been there a few times...I wnna think all the teams they played for are represented.

okiesteeler
05-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Alright thanks Teemont.

Coach Mike Tomlin answered questions about what the Steelers' All-Pro guard had to say.

"I heard that he was a little upset," said Tomlin of Faneca. "That's part of it. It doesn't surprise me, which is to say that anytime you have a group of 80 men, to think that you'd have total harmony is unrealistic. I know one thing: he practiced well this morning and this afternoon, and that's what's important. He's here and he's practicing well

http://news.steelers.com/article/76466/

25MVPKing
05-12-2007, 06:34 PM
i can't believe porter is more mature about the whole situation then faneca is

I completely agree. I give Joey Porter lots of respect for the way he handled himself. I hope he and the Dolphins do well together.

DIESELMAN
05-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I can understand where Faneca is coming from to a certain extent, he sees less talented guards getting paid, so hes thinking "damn, I'm better then these guys, I should be making the same amount of money that they are". BUT the over pricinig of these average players is neither Faneca's fault or is it the Rooney's fault. This is business and nothing but business. Faneca has been in Pittsburgh long enough to know how the Rooney's operate. Hes taking this personal now, thinking hes all that. He thinks the Rooneys are going to change the way they do business because its his contract thats up for negotiation? NO WAY!!!

strong D
05-12-2007, 07:44 PM
For those downplaying how good he is if we lose him our rushing attack will be killed , it is worth overpaying to keep a future HOF'er , the replacement wont be half as good as him. He's wants money ..i can see where he is coming from he needs to cash in so he can live off that for the rest of his life.

About Pro Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/balloting_final

Old article but still gets the info out.

so your saying just give faneca all the money he wants so then we are unable to resign troy or big ben maybe both thats riddiculous he can be replaced with someone prob not as good but who will come play hard for less and we keep our playmakers :yesnod:

K Train
05-12-2007, 08:04 PM
Hines is a true professional, he's never been anything but that.

im sorry but i lost an awful lot of respect for hines when he held out, i think holding out is a terrible career move and a slap in the face to the fans that pay their salaries. Hes lucky his hold out was a pussy one and he came back when the asked him to, then he helped his cause with me by being the superbowl mvp....but it doesnt always work out that way...holding out=gay