PDA

View Full Version : Steve McNair arrested for DUI

okiesteeler
05-10-2007, 06:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/10174962

Well this could do in the ratbirds, depending on any punishment that might be handed down by the commisioner

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2007, 06:34 PM
:haha: :haha: He's fitting right in with the rest of the criminals in the ratbird locker room !

TEEMONT
05-10-2007, 07:03 PM
I personally think this is crap. Why should he be punished for the other guy being an idiot. Personally, i wanna beat the Ravens when they are at their best, not with Kyle Boller of Troy Smith at QB.

25MVPKing
05-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I personally think this is crap. Why should he be punished for the other guy being an idiot. Personally, i wanna beat the Ravens when they are at their best, not with Kyle Boller of Troy Smith at QB.
I agree TEEMONT, but I have to say: I'd rather beat them at their worst then lose to them at their best. Of course, if we're talking about the Browns, we beat them at their worst and best. :rofl:

Koopa
05-10-2007, 08:08 PM

i concur.......he wasn't driving, so he didn't do nothing wrong, so there should be no punishment handed down........

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2007, 08:13 PM
McNair spent how long in Tennessee? He's knows the law there..

Although McNair was merely a passenger, he was charged with a misdemeanor under a Tennessee law that prohibits a vehicle owner from letting it be driven by someone who is inebriated.

He's got no one to blame but himself for this.

House of Steel
05-10-2007, 09:05 PM
I can surely see this from both sides of the picture:

A.) He didn't drive under the influence nor would I think he would, I might concur to that theory. Some people don't believe the NFL should punish him for something he had nothing to do with. However,

B.) He was irresponsibile enough to allow his Brother-In-Law to drive his vechile, therefore making him at fault for allowing a person to DUI with his ownership at risk, therefore, guilty as charged.

I wonder how Roger Goodell is going to handle this one where McNair is the owner of the vechile in which someone was DUI? He better not get a special free pass for this one either, being that McNair's judgement was very irresponsibile and high-risk.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-10-2007, 11:10 PM
McNair should get punished the same as anyone else. If he's cracking down on the conduct of players outside the confines of the field or locker room then he needs to be fair about it no matter who it is.

Obviously we're not talking about a 1 yr suspension or anything but he should be fined at the very least.

TEEMONT
05-10-2007, 11:36 PM
So now these guys can't even drink? I would imagine that law is not too well known. It just seems like one of those "can't ave alligators in the streets past 11PM" laws they have in Florida or something.

Steelerlyn
05-10-2007, 11:38 PM
I heard this on the drive at five. Fox Sports radio was discussing it and they all finally agreed that by Tennessee LAW, he is guilty, without question. They were saying this is not a TN guideline, it is a law. Noone said the law was right but, it is the law.

House of Steel
05-10-2007, 11:40 PM
Then he will be punished by the NFL for this. Fine and a maybe a few games suspension.

DIESELMAN
05-11-2007, 12:16 AM
He screwed up whether he knew the law or not, whats that old saying? "Ignorance of the law is no excuse". Its not that he was drinking, its he allowed another person who was drinking to drive his vehicle. Big question, why didn't he drive his own vehicle if both of them were drinking? So he wouldn't get a DUI? He will probably get a talking too and a slap on the wrist.

K Train
05-11-2007, 12:34 AM
lol i love it

steelcurtaingal
05-11-2007, 09:15 AM
I agree TEEMONT, but I have to say: I'd rather beat them at their worst then lose to them at their best. Of course, if we're talking about the Browns, we beat them at their worst and best. :rofl:

A win where they are at their best is the most satifying, but a win is a win, whatever it take., look at the bengals game in the playoffs two years ago. We may have not won if Palmer played. Some tims you have to just take the win for what its worth. You are right about the browns though, they are just born losers.:lol:

House of Steel
05-11-2007, 10:26 AM
Born Losers? More like, cursed franchise if I ever seen one. They truly live up to the name of Mistake by the Lake, if they think they are going to make a turn this year for the better, they got another thing coming. Brady Quinn couldn't save this team.

steelcurtaingal
05-11-2007, 11:39 AM
Born Losers? More like, cursed franchise if I ever seen one. They truly live up to the name of Mistake by the Lake, if they think they are going to make a turn this year for the better, they got another thing coming. Brady Quinn couldn't save this team.

nothing could save this team, unless god came down and played for them!

House of Steel
05-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Is that what your seeking, Honey? LMFAO. I don't think Lord Almighty could save them.

Hburg
05-11-2007, 05:28 PM
He wasn't drinking and driving, he just got caught up in a technicality of a unique state law. For all we know it was a situation where they had 1 or 2 and decided just to make a quick 5 minute drive home to relax for the night. But instead of success, they got caught running the risk of drinking and driving by a cop that could have just been watching anyone leaving that bar or that area.

He's got the money, he is technically guilty but of nothing too severe. Pay the fines and move on. Up until this point he hasn't given the public or the NFL reason to question his character.

BuFu

okiesteeler
05-11-2007, 09:53 PM
He wasn't drinking and driving, he just got caught up in a technicality of a unique state law. For all we know it was a situation where they had 1 or 2 and decided just to make a quick 5 minute drive home to relax for the night. But instead of success, they got caught running the risk of drinking and driving by a cop that could have just been watching anyone leaving that bar or that area.

He's got the money, he is technically guilty but of nothing too severe. Pay the fines and move on. Up until this point he hasn't given the public or the NFL reason to question his character.

BuFu

He plays for the Ravens, therefore he has no character

SteelerSteve
05-15-2007, 02:55 AM
Is it me or does it seem like the AFC north is full of criminals?:lol: This is a stupid law though, he had a designated driver, last time I checked that was a good thing, a lot better than driving smashed and risking his and others lives. I dont think he should be punished. I could see it happening though, with goodell trying to make examples of players who get in to trouble.