PDA

View Full Version : Ask the Steelers--Willie Parker

House of Steel
05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Thought everyone here would like the opportunity to try and do this. I had one of my questions answered by Santonio Holmes last season. Give a shot, guys. www.steelers.com

ASK THE STEELERS

Steelers.com is now accepting questions for Ask The Steelers, a feature where fans get to email in questions for selected Steelers players and we take them to the players for their answers. The player(s) listed below are the only ones we are currently accepting questions for.

Only one question per person - please do not ask multiple questions in your email.

We will select the questions from all of those submitted. More players will featured throughout the next month.

To submit your question please please click on this link and send an email to:

feedback@fans.steelers.com Willie Parker
(Be sure to put Ask The Steelers - Willie Parker - on the subject line of your email)

Please include:

Your name - First and Last
City and State

You must be at least 18 years of age to submit a question.

Please send in questions only for the player(s) listed above.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Willie, have you ever heard of Steeler Addicts? :lol:

I always send in questions when they do this, it's really cool to see them respond to the fans.

House of Steel
05-09-2007, 07:17 PM
That is a good question, Matt. Why not try and send it to him?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Nah, they'd never ask him that because it would take away from the popularity of their own official site so they would surely edit it out or just toss it away all together.

I'll think up a good question for him and see what happens.

25MVPKing
05-10-2007, 11:55 AM
Top Gun, why not something more generic like, where do you spend your time online? Myspace, YouTube, SteelerAddicts *cough* I mean message boards, etc? ;-)

I saw this yesterday afternoon and figured any question I came up with wouldn't be answered. They're looking for certain types of questions, and the players will usually give the same type of answers:

"I just always try to give 110%" :tt02:
"It's really all about teamwork." :towel:
"I'd really just like to thank God." :hail:
"I go out there and do what I can to help the team win." :helmet:
"I did not have sex with that woman." :banana:

Oops, that last one is politicians. :nahnah:

Maybe I'd ask what's one thing they did when they were growing up that they still do, even though they have lots of money :2cents: now and could do it differently, have it better, or have someone else do it for them. Does that even make sense? :popcorn:

Steelerlyn
05-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Top Gun, why not something more generic like, where do you spend your time online? Myspace, YouTube, SteelerAddicts *cough* I mean message boards, etc? ;-)

I saw this yesterday afternoon and figured any question I came up with wouldn't be answered. They're looking for certain types of questions, and the players will usually give the same type of answers:

"I just always try to give 110%" :tt02:
"It's really all about teamwork." :towel:
"I'd really just like to thank God." :hail:
"I go out there and do what I can to help the team win." :helmet:
"I did not have sex with that woman." :banana:

Oops, that last one is politicians. :nahnah:

Maybe I'd ask what's one thing they did when they were growing up that they still do, even though they have lots of money :2cents: now and could do it differently, have it better, or have someone else do it for them. Does that even make sense? :popcorn:

It makes a ton of sense, why don't they ask more personal questions? We pretty much know, after a few years, what a guy is gonna, coulda, woulda, shoulda do. And the comments you raised are so very true and almost as boring.

Another thing that was also boring were Cowher's Press conferences. Seriosly, you could take the entire news conference from two years ago and <insert a different rival team> and the Weekly press conferences were the same, I got to the point where I did not even read them anymore.