PDA

View Full Version : Broncos shopping Ron Dayne around...

Troyisabeast_43
08-30-2006, 08:47 PM
According to espn and the NFL Network sources have said. I wonder if the Steelers if they do end up cutting Duce would be interested in acquiring Dayne through a trade. Dayne is the perfect short yardage kind of back. He gets you those tough 3rd and 1's or 2 and is very valuable as a backup running back and good on the goaline. I dont know how much younger he is then Duce or how much more cheaper he would be. But if he would be and the Steelers do end up cutting Duce then Ron Dayne is definitely somebody to keep an eye on and maybe try to trade for if this indeed is true that Denver is really trying to trade him. I think getting Dayne would be an excellent pickup for the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2006, 09:22 PM
If the price is right they might consider a move like this. Denver always has a plethera of good RB's so if they are shopping him Im sure the Steelers have decided whether they're going to try and go after him.

AZ_Steeler
08-31-2006, 02:01 AM
I could live with Dayne in the backfield if Duce doesn't work out. Wasn't he part of the "Thunder -N- Lighting" duo with the Giants many moons ago?

Prosdo
08-31-2006, 04:49 AM
Very possible. As long as the price is right I can definitely see this happening.

House of Steel
08-31-2006, 10:28 AM
I doubt we will see Duce get cut, but other than that, my opinion is this, we need to cut the pie loving Duce since the little chubby fatty won't shape up. I am getting sick of the rah rah rah he gives on the sidelines. CUT HIM!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-31-2006, 12:39 PM
Bill doesnt like players who show up to camp out of shape and don't perform..but since we have a lack of veteran depth at RB if Duce were to get cut, that could be his saving grace to stick around 1 more year.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I don't want Dayne. Sure he is better then Duce. But Dayne has always been overrated.

SteelersfaninPhilly
09-02-2006, 01:24 AM
Dayne can stay in denver.