PDA

View Full Version : Anticipating,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
05-08-2007, 04:22 PM
What's everyone's biggest antisipation of our season opener :scratch:

For me it's the offense,seeing what kind of new system tomlin's got in mind !
Wether we like it or not,the days of poundng the ball are probably history !
We just gotta hope for two thing's to happen for us to have a productive year
Big Ben cutting down on his INT's and Willie P. holding onto the ball and the rest should follow suit :popcorn:
Got faith in our O-Line playing alot better this year and I really believe we sured up our pass rush,,,,,,, Hard hitting painful "Blitzburgh Nation is back"
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
My prediction for year is 11-5 or 12-4,,,,,,winning our division of course !

ARKIESTEEL
05-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Want to see how the D does with the loss of Porter...Also cant wait to see this new punter

Black@Gold Forever32
05-08-2007, 04:30 PM

For me it's the offense,seeing what kind of new system tomlin's got in mind !
Wether we like it or not,the days of poundng the ball are probably history !
We just gotta hope for two thing's to happen for us to have a productive year
Big Ben cutting down on his INT's and Willie P. holding onto the ball and the rest should follow suit :popcorn:
Got faith in our O-Line playing alot better this year and I really believe we sured up our pass rush,,,,,,, Hard hitting painful "Blitzburgh Nation is back"

For me its Big Ben. I want to see how he rebounds from a mentally and physically rough season and if he can prove he is a top five QB in the NFL. I think he can be one of the best...I really do. I'm not worried about the INT's. Just look after his first three starts and he finished the year with 18 TD's and 16 INT's. Not great but he was still plus two in the TD/INT ratio.

Great point on the Oline. They're really the key to the season in my mind. About Willie and his fumbling. Even the Bus had a year when he fumbled 7 times with the Steelers. It was either 96 or 97. So with the more experience Willie gets the better he will be at holding onto the pigskin.

BlitzburghNation
05-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Well said Black@Gold Forever !

BlackGold4vr
05-08-2007, 04:44 PM

I am close on your prediction except I feel that we will be 10-6 or 11-5 and compete for the division title with the Ratbirds.

Also agree that the key piece to the whole puzzle is how Ben bounces back from last years debacle. Can he return to the QB who led us through the playoffs last year through the toughest teams in the conference? Or is he permanently damaged goods from his near death experience last year? The answer to that question will undoubtedly decide our fate! :scratch:

BlitzburghNation
05-08-2007, 05:26 PM
I am close on your prediction except I feel that we will be 10-6 or 11-5 and compete for the division title with the Ratbirds.

Also agree that the key piece to the whole puzzle is how Ben bounces back from last years debacle. Can he return to the QB who led us through the playoffs last year through the toughest teams in the conference? Or is he permanently damaged goods from his near death experience last year? The answer to that question will undoubtedly decide our fate! :scratch:

Yep :popcorn:

QB play will no doubt determine how far we get :tt02:
Eliminate the majority of last year turn-over's andwe'll be fine :tt02:
I've often wondered how far we would've got last year if we could've hung onto the dam ball :scratch:
I can take losing much better then beating ourselves :cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2007, 08:00 PM
I want to see the pass rush get the QB and pressure him into mistakes, premature throws, and of course sacks.

Also I want to see the OL protect Ben and keep the pressure off him. If they do that then Ben will be able to relax in the pocket and not have happy feet.

Obviously after last year everything is up for improvement but those are 2 areas Im interested in besides seeing how Ben reacts to his first game situation since last year; the OL doing it's job will go a LONG way towards Ben getting back to his old self.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-08-2007, 08:14 PM
I want to see the pass rush get the QB and pressure him into mistakes, premature throws, and of course sacks.

Also I want to see the OL protect Ben and keep the pressure off him. If they do that then Ben will be able to relax in the pocket and not have happy feet.

Obviously after last year everything is up for improvement but those are 2 areas Im interested in besides seeing how Ben reacts to his first game situation since last year; the OL doing it's job will go a LONG way towards Ben getting back to his old self.

Nice thoughts Top and I'm with you, I want to see this defense back to being nasty and pounding the QB. I guess you really can't pound the QB anymore though with the over protection of the QB.:lol: But yes putting heat on him and forcing those INT's would be sweet.:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Yeah it's a sad thing when defenders have to literally pull up on their way to the QB so they don't get flagged. If that was the case back in the day our steel curtain wouldn't have been able to do anything :lol:

There's just nothing better than seeing the defense in the backfield play after play and then seeing the QB just disgusted when he gets sacked or has to throw it away because he's running for his life :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah it's a sad thing when defenders have to literally pull up on their way to the QB so they don't get flagged. If that was the case back in the day our steel curtain wouldn't have been able to do anything :lol:

There's just nothing better than seeing the defense in the backfield play after play and then seeing the QB just disgusted when he gets sacked or has to throw it away because he's running for his life :lol:

I hear you man I love seeing the other teams QB running for his life. With these young doggs in Timmons and Woodley hopefully they can learn the defense quick and help the pass rush. But I have a feeling James Harrison is going to blow up this year. I wouldn't be suprised if he nets 10 sacks this year.:tt02:

TEEMONT
05-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I just cant wait to sit on the couch at the bar, with my son at my side...while eating some wings, and seeing him in his Hines jersey.

BlitzburghNation
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I just cant wait to sit on the couch at the bar, with my son at my side...while eating some wings, and seeing him in his Hines jersey.

That's gonna be great :bigthumb:

Imagine all the jersey's u can get 4 him "CHEAP" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet when he starts walking he'll becovered in steeler gear :tt02:

25MVPKing
05-08-2007, 09:14 PM
If I remember correctly we were 2-6 the first half and 6-2 the second half. I'm most anticipating continuing what we did the last half of the 2006 season.

The fatest way to do that is improve the turnover ratio. I think utilizing 2 tight end sets will open up both the running game and the passing game. Out of the new things being implemented, I'm looking forward to that.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-08-2007, 09:17 PM
If I remember correctly we were 2-6 the first half and 6-2 the second half. I'm most anticipating continuing what we did the last half of the 2006 season.

The fatest way to do that is improve the turnover ratio. I think utilizing 2 tight end sets will open up both the running game and the passing game. Out of the new things being implemented, I'm looking forward to that.

Nice post and I agree.:tt02: The turn overs were a big reason the team was 8-8 last year. If not for all them turn overs the Steelers would have been a 11-12 win team.

One thing I need to add I can't wait until the first Ravens game. They killed us both times last year. So I can't wait to kick the crap out of the Ratbirds this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
It really was a tail of 2 seasons for us last year...we were all getting excited once we started winning games again the playoffs, although seemingly impossible, we're actually looking like more of a reality but in the end what killed us in the first half of the season killed us in the 2nd half. Turnovers, Turnovers, Turnovers...not to mention our inability to protect Ben, and get off the field on 3rd down.

We finished off the season strong against Cincy, that was definitely bitter sweet but Im really looking forward to us making a run for the AFCN crown this year and seeing what happens come January.

Stlrs4Life
05-08-2007, 11:09 PM
To see the return of Ben, our Offense. And the Grand Opening of my Steeler Room!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-09-2007, 07:18 AM
To see the return of Ben, our Offense. And the Grand Opening of my Steeler Room!

Can't wait to see those pics too Dom ! :cope:

DIESELMAN
05-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Most definitely want to see how Timmons and Woodley will improve our D and by how much. If they do good so will our secondary, they feed off each other. The O will be the biggest thing to watch, Ben, OL, WR's and our running game. With Sep back there booming kicks, thats going to be real fun to watch....someone keep a count on how many times teams fair catch the ball against us.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-09-2007, 08:15 AM
to piggy back on what Diesel mentioned; I want to see how quickly Timmons & Woodley push Harrison & Haggans for more playing time. James Harrison seems poised to have a break out year now that he's got his chance to start. Im anxious to see that mean, nasty, attitude out on the field tearing it up. Haggans needs to step up his game big time because the Rookies will be nipping at his heels.

BBG7
05-09-2007, 01:01 PM
I'm getting anxious for everything. There is not one thing I'm looking forward to more than anything else. I am excited to see how Tomlin does and his coaching style.