PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Palmer & Preseason

Steelerlyn
08-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Who sang the song about the waiting being the hardest part.... they were right

Long ago I learned not to get excited about pre-season games... they rot. The real games, when it counts..... dats where da rubber meets the road... I can't wait to stop reading about nonsense.

All the major wow Carson Palmer this and Carson Palmer that... after Monday --- The Bungles were playing the PACKERS, with 2 rookie guards and a rookie corner who was the one they threw against all night,,,,, no completions to the other side of the field... hello....

When he sees black & gold lined up against him -- see what happens to him then... ever see the scene from gladiator where the guys are waiting for the first arena show.... if you get my drift...

anyway September 7, a new beginning....to a new season... wherever they take us.........HERE WE GO!:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Don't ya just love preseason !! Everybody is a contender and every makes or breaks the whole year during games that don't count !! :lol:

House of Steel
08-30-2006, 06:50 PM
http://img452.imageshack.us/img452/2509/carson8lt0wc.gif
SKIDDING TIRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (CRASH!!!!) LMAO.

Lyn and the rest of the gang, this is what the Bengals season is going to be like when they endure one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this season. Let them bastards suffer. Sorry to be a smart ***, but hey, those WHO DEYs are about to get their mouth sewn up real fast.

GOD I LOVE THAT VIDEO!!!!

suitanim
08-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Ahhhhh, Fall...the time of year where hope springs eternal in the hearts of many fans of both NFL and college teams.

Unfortunately for Palmer, he won't be playing arguably the worst team in the NFL showing only vanilla defenses when the regular season starts...

House of Steel
08-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Love your quote there, Suitanim. Perfect. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

suitanim
08-30-2006, 07:46 PM
Living here in "Browns Country", I also have the great honor of being around when the soul crushing reality sets in, usually sometime between weeks 4-8, that, yes, once again, the Browns team that all the fans hoped and dreamed would take them back to the promised land of the "Grand Glory Years" of the 60's actually sucks just as bad as the team that sucked bad last year.

I can't WAIT until the day the Browns are once again mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...

House of Steel
08-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Living here in "Browns Country", I also have the great honor of being around when the soul crushing reality sets in, usually sometime between weeks 4-8, that, yes, once again, the Browns team that all the fans hoped and dreamed would take them back to the promised land of the "Grand Glory Years" of the 60's actually sucks just as bad as the team that sucked bad last year.

I can't WAIT until the day the Browns are once again mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...

I didn't know you live in Browns Country, just precisely where at? I live in Cleveland, but I also have lots of Browns loving idiot family members living in Waynesburg, S of Canton. I am the only Steeler fan in that group. Boy, I love ripping their hearts out and bragging how we won Super Bowl XL.

The day they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs will be on November 19th at Cleveland Browns Stadium when the Steeler deliver yet another massacre of the score of 55-0.

suitanim
08-30-2006, 09:25 PM
I live in Cuyahoga Falls, Suburb just north of Akron.

House of Steel
08-30-2006, 11:07 PM
I live in Cuyahoga Falls, Suburb just north of Akron.

Oh, I know exactly where that is. My friend and the Sextuplets Parents, Keith Hanselman is from Cuyahoga Falls. Him and I went to school together in East Liverpool. We have been good friends since. Very cool, maybe, sometime we should get all the Northern Ohio Steelers Fans together and invade Parma at the Blue Moose. They are a big Steelers Supporter and a great hangout as a bar and grill. :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

suitanim
08-30-2006, 11:11 PM
East Liverpool? River rat! I graduated from Salem HS...

House of Steel
08-30-2006, 11:35 PM
East Liverpool? River rat! I graduated from Salem HS...

I did not graduate from East Liverpool, unfortunately. My parents were going through a nasty divorce at the time. I moved with my father to Pottstown, Pennsylvania.

I am a 1992 Alumni of Pottstown Senior High School, Pennsylvania
Starting Senior Quarterback.

Can you believe I outfox the starter from the previous year to become the new starter?

The coaches was like, who the hell is this kid? I told em, I came from the greatest conference in America, The Ohio Valley Athletic Conference, I was a backup RB and QB for the Potters. They couldn't believe my arm and mobility. The coaches was like, just where the hell did you really come from? I said, OVAC, sir, East Liverpool, Ohio. They was like, what positions did you play? I said, Backup QB and RB. They was like, OH come on now, you got speed and mobility, you are starting for us. Your a Godsent Gift. LOL. Unfortunately, we went 6-3, We could of went 9-1 if it wasn't for some dropped passes in the End Zone. They had suck since 1992, we had the last winning season at Pottstown, last year, they was 1-8 :o :scratch: Although, EL SUCKS IN FOOTBALL. I was a wrestler for two years and had a lot of fun with that. We was the 1990-1991 OVAC Champions and Regional Champions under Coach Nick Trombetta.

There is my life history :D