PDA

View Full Version : Bungal fans try to buy Cowhers leftovers

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2007, 07:06 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07125/783496-66.stm

By Kevin Kirkland, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Bill Cowher's Steelers ice bucket wasn't shattered on Cincinnati television -- not yet anyway -- but it did rack up $550 in a household auction last weekend at Dargate Auction Galleries.

All 134 lots sold during the auction, which drew about 30 percent more bidders, both in person and online, than a typical household auction, said David Arnold, Dargate's consignment manager. But the bids generally weren't any higher than if they had been for your sofa, dining room set or king-sized bed with upholstered headboard and footboard ($130).

The 8 1/2-inch-high crystal ice bucket etched with the Steelers logo drew lots of interest, including that of some Bengals fans who wanted to buy it, then break it live on TV.

Those poor sports apparently lost out to an eBay bidder from Louisiana, who paid several times the $100 to $200 pre-sale estimate. The Bengals fans consoled themselves by buying some furniture instead, Mr. Arnold said. No word on whether they'll break it on TV.

The other Steelers item, a desk clock, went for $120, while the 8-foot Olhausen Remington pool table went for $1,500 to a local woman who planned to give it to her husband as a birthday gift, Mr. Arnold said.

That price was at the low end of the pre-sale estimate, as were the prices for the dining room set, which was collectively expected to bring the highest amount. A Henredon china cabinet brought in $1,600, a Regency-style table $800, four Chippendale chairs $700 and a server $475.

The biggest difference between the Cowhers' auction and others?

"More the media frenzy than anything," said Mr. Arnold, who was interviewed by a Sports Illustrated writer this week.

A small article in the current issue includes a photo of a ceramic monkey planter ($275) and teases the Steelers' former head coach for having an "eye for patio furniture." Several patio sets collectively brought in about $1,000 -- almost enough for two ice buckets, assuming they belonged to a Steeler.

I'm glad those dumbasses in Sissinatti didn't get ahold of that crystal ice bucket, but now they go and buy furniture too? God knows what kind of sick, sadistic, perverted kitty ritual they might try and deface BC's furniture with on national TV.

okiesteeler
05-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Don't they realize that if they do that kind of ****, it will just fire up our team to destroy them? We will shove their Who Dey chant down their throats.

Ambridge
05-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Bill should auction off some of those famous shirts and sweaters he'd wear that had those loud color schemes and ugly patterns on them. :eyecrazy:
Those rags would probably fetch a lot of cash.

BBG7
05-07-2007, 04:58 PM
IT's kindof funny the lenghts Cincy fans will go to. Actually it's kindof pathetic, but oh well!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-07-2007, 05:55 PM
IT's kindof funny the lenghts Cincy fans will go to. Actually it's kindof pathetic, but oh well!

That's exactly what I was thinking...what is this really, some kind of lame attempt at revenge from Cowher leading the Who Dey chant at our Super Bowl parade or something ?

floodcitygirl
05-07-2007, 09:51 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking...what is this really, some kind of lame attempt at revenge from Cowher leading the Who Dey chant at our Super Bowl parade or something ?Don't think that is so far off TG. You can't believe how many times that is brought up to me...just happened last week! (I wonder if that may have had something to do with the big WE DEY on the back of my t-shirt???) :dunno: :greengrin:

SteelCityMan786
05-07-2007, 10:58 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07125/783496-66.stm

I'm glad those dumbasses in Sissinatti didn't get ahold of that crystal ice bucket, but now they go and buy furniture too? God knows what kind of sick, sadistic, perverted kitty ritual they might try and deface BC's furniture with on national TV.

I'm with you on that one.

SteelerFan87
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Bill should auction off some of those famous shirts and sweaters he'd wear that had those loud color schemes and ugly patterns on them. :eyecrazy:
Those rags would probably fetch a lot of cash.

:lol:

YES! The famous Cowher sweaters! I think he and Ron Cook must shop at the same place. :lol:

ARKIESTEEL
05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
So the plan was buy some of Bill's stuff then break it..........dont see how this hurts anyone:dunno:

floodcitygirl
05-09-2007, 02:22 PM
So the plan was buy some of Bill's stuff then break it..........dont see how this hurts anyone:dunno:They want to "disrespect" him the same way they feel he disrespected them with their chant. You can't imagine how bent some people are around here over that.

BlackGold4vr
05-09-2007, 02:23 PM

:plus1:

Pathetic is a great word to use when talking about Bungel or Seahawk fans. Both groups somehow feel they have some kind of entitlement to a championship that neither team can seem to earn.

:yuck1: :crying: :yuck1: :crying: :yuck1:

SteelerFan87
05-09-2007, 06:53 PM
They want to "disrespect" him the same way they feel he disrespected them with their chant. You can't imagine how bent some people are around here over that.

I don't get why Bungles fans are so mad we answered their question.

Speaking of Whodey, how IS the last (and least famous) Hussein brother doing?

BBG7
05-09-2007, 11:17 PM
They want to "disrespect" him the same way they feel he disrespected them with their chant. You can't imagine how bent some people are around here over that.

well they deserved it after what TJ doushmanzadah did when he mocked the Steelers fans by shining his shoes with a terrible towel when they beat us at Heinz. If you can dish it out...learn how to take it....and I guess we are the ones that walk away on top since we won when it really mattered. They asked for it and they got it! Who Dey??? WE DEY!!!!!

floodcitygirl
05-10-2007, 01:26 AM
I wear my CincySteelerFans We Dey shirt very proudly folks! :tt02: :helmet:

okiesteeler
05-10-2007, 01:49 AM
I am not a cincinnati Steeler Fan, however I would like one of those shirts, do you have a website link i can order one from?

BBG7
05-10-2007, 02:45 AM
I wear my CincySteelerFans We Dey shirt very proudly folks! :tt02: :helmet:

hey I live in Dayton...is that close enough to join the club and get a shirt!!!

floodcitygirl
05-10-2007, 10:29 AM
The site was supposed to be cahnging servers and coming back up in February but isn't up yet. I haven't heard any recent news on what's happening with it. I know the guy that has the tshirts though and they are awesome! Men's and ladies fits. If you pm or page me your size and which cut you prefer, I'll contact him and see if he has it in stock and hook you up. (BTW, you can see a little of the front of the tshirt in the pic I posted here in the Random Pics Thread in the locker room. On the back it says 5 time SB champs and has WE DEY on it.)

BBG7, we get together to watch games and such. You would be more than welcome! :cope: