PDA

View Full Version : Gardocki soon to be cut

SteelersfaninPhilly
05-02-2007, 03:23 PM
P-G reporting as soon as he is healthy. He is gone.

steelcurtaingal
05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
yep, i agree with you, hes a gonner.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 03:30 PM
He might as well retire, he's got nothing left but pooch punts. He's got his 4 bazillion punts without a block record intact so fade off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of your life man.

Barr & Sep will fight it out in camp, with Sep. winning the job Im sure :woot:

Prosdo
05-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm sure he will retire.

Koopa
05-02-2007, 03:59 PM
He might as well retire, he's got nothing left but pooch punts. He's got his 4 bazillion punts without a block record intact so fade off into the sunset and enjoy the rest of your life man.

Barr & Sep will fight it out in camp, with Sep. winning the job Im sure :woot:

maybe he can come on as a special teams assistant coach and teach d-sep

i feel sorry for barr, he has no chance in hell in this fight.....

also it don't matter, after d-sep career is over, ppl are gonna say ray guy who?? and they are gonna change the ray guy award to the d-sep award :lol:

Koopa
05-02-2007, 04:10 PM
just read the article i think philly is talking about

pretty good read, but i'm just gonna post the last part of the article because i like it, it's almost sig worthy, probably ktrain lol.....

He punts like Ray Guy, tackles like Jack Lambert, heals like Rod Woodson. If you're going to throw away two draft picks for a punter, make it a good one.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07122/782646-66.stm

Blitzburgh55
05-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Im shocked :lol:

K Train
05-02-2007, 04:28 PM
maybe he can come on as a special teams assistant coach and teach d-sep

i feel sorry for barr, he has no chance in hell in this fight.....

also it don't matter, after d-sep career is over, ppl are gonna say ray guy who?? and they are gonna change the ray guy award to the d-sep award :lol:

Barr really stands no chance in hell...it must be rough being cut off the roster year after year.

The D-sep award sonds good...you guys will cheer and think of me the first time he uses that 4.5 speed to be the last resort and absolutly lights uo the ball carrier lol.

I alkmost cant wait until our first 3 and out lol

SteelerSal
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Barr really stands no chance in hell...it must be rough being cut off the roster year after year.

The D-sep award sonds good...you guys will cheer and think of me the first time he uses that 4.5 speed to be the last resort and absolutly lights uo the ball carrier lol.

I alkmost cant wait until our first 3 and out lol

K Train, your gonna be the only one in the sportsbar screaming for 3 and outs.:lol:
I can't beleive that I've ever been so excited to see how our punter is gonna perform.:cabbagepatch: I wonder if LeBaeu has him in any of our defensive packages. Heck he might lead the team in sacks.:tt02:

25MVPKing
05-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I agree with Koopa, offer him an assitant coaching position this season. I'd even pay him the rest of his contract salary just for incentive to teach D-sep the ropes. It's better than releasing him outright, that way he goes out with dignity ushering in the next big thing.

K Train
05-02-2007, 05:05 PM
dude hes gonna make like 1.8 million dollars....thats like OC money, not punter coach

SteelersfaninPhilly
05-02-2007, 05:28 PM

pretty good read, but i'm just gonna post the last part of the article because i like it, it's almost sig worthy, probably ktrain lol.....

Yeah that is the article. Thanks Koopa.

okiesteeler
05-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Personally I hope that LeBeau has him on the defense, so that he gets playing time. I would prefer if he is solely our punter that his *** never leaves the pine during the game.

K Train
05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
d-sep wont be playing defense lol

okiesteeler
05-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I know, I dont want him to be punting either, as I want us to be racking up the points, every drive should end in a TD....I realize that is not possible, but it is still my wish

25MVPKing
05-02-2007, 05:43 PM
dude hes gonna make like 1.8 million dollars....thats like OC money, not punter coach
Yeah, I'm extremely generous with other people's money. :greengrin:

TEEMONT
05-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Bye Bye Gardocki.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 06:03 PM

That sounds like the description of the perfect punter, Im glad he's ours.

I do feel bad for Barr though, the dude should have gotten the job last year from Gardocki but do to Chris being a BC guy there was no chance.

Koopa
05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
it all worked out for the better in the end, if barr would've got the job we might not have been interested in d-sep

K Train
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM
wow...read the article and hes a robot punter...our ST wont even be fair lol

K Train
05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
do you all realize how fast a 4.43 is? lol thats faster than any QB in the draft, and faster than some RBs and WRs...thats crazy

Troy smith ran a 4.6
Leon Hall and Darell revis ran 4.5s
Dwayne Jarrett ran a 4.7

a 4.43 for a punter, probably one of the least athletic positions in football is incredible lol

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2007, 08:32 PM
do you all realize how fast a 4.43 is? lol thats faster than any QB in the draft, and faster than some RBs and WRs...thats crazy

Troy smith ran a 4.6
Leon Hall and Darell revis ran 4.5s
Dwayne Jarrett ran a 4.7

a 4.43 for a punter, probably one of the least athletic positions in football is incredible lol

Well usually kickers and punters are not athletes in todays NFL. But Daniel is the rare exception. He is really a throw back to the olden days when you could say a kicker was an athlete. When you had guys like George Blanda who could QB and kick.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 08:38 PM
This kid definitely seems to be the real deal, but I want to see him kick like he has been in the college, and play like he's advertised when it really counts. He's got all the credentials and then some so I can't wait to see what he does for us in games :cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2007, 08:42 PM
This kid definitely seems to be the real deal, but I want to see him kick like he has been in the college, and play like he's advertised when it really counts. He's got all the credentials and then some so I can't wait to see what he does for us in games :cope:

To be honest I hope we never what he can do in games. I want the Steelers offense to score everytime it touches the ball. Of course that won't happen so its great to have a weapon like Daniel Sepulveda as our punter. He is the real deal. I'm convinced (plus I don't want Ktrain to reach through the computer screen and choke the **** out of me for thinking otherwise).:lol:

K Train
05-02-2007, 09:04 PM
To be honest I hope we never what he can do in games. I want the Steelers offense to score everytime it touches the ball. Of course that won't happen so its great to have a weapon like Daniel Sepulveda as our punter. He is the real deal. I'm convinced (plus I don't want Ktrain to reach through the computer screen and choke the **** out of me for thinking otherwise).:lol:

lol at "weapon like sepulveda" and i wont need to choke the **** out of you, his play will eliminate all doubt anyone may have :D

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2007, 09:08 PM
lol at "weapon like sepulveda" and i wont need to choke the **** out of you, his play will eliminate all doubt anyone may have :D

I don't doubt his skill/talent level at all. I just had to add the choke line for you.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Well that's true, if he's punting all the time and being such an effective weapon then that means our offense sucks again so we can't have that ;) so let's hope we never see him on the field :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Well that's true, if he's punting all the time and being such an effective weapon then that means our offense sucks again so we can't have that ;) so let's hope we never see him on the field :lol:

I agree I never want to see Daniel Sepulveda on the field.lol:tt02:

K Train
05-02-2007, 09:44 PM
you just wait until the offense is having a rough day, sep bombs one 60 yards and gets down the field to force a fumble and picks it up and runs it in for 6 lol

DIESELMAN
05-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Theres one more thing about Sepulveda, since hes a lefty, the spin on his balls will be different then a lot of returners are used to. That means one thing.....Turnovers!!!!!

steelcurtaingal
05-04-2007, 09:36 AM
Theres one more thing about Sepulveda, since hes a lefty, the spin on his balls will be different then a lot of returners are used to. That means one thing.....Turnovers!!!!!

i like turnovers when its th eother team doing it. i saw a few too many on our side of the ball last year.

DIESELMAN
05-04-2007, 10:09 AM
i like turnovers when its th eother team doing it. i saw a few too many on our side of the ball last year.

You're absolutely right, when Sepulveda is kicking, his punts will have an opposite rotation on the ball, the other team returners won't be used to it at first and it will take them by surprise. Which results in the other team fumbling....Turnovers!!!

Koopa
05-04-2007, 02:41 PM
i think that's a little overrated, gardocki is a lefty and we didn't get a bunch of turnovers

SteelerSal
05-04-2007, 02:59 PM
i think that's a little overrated, gardocki is a lefty and we didn't get a bunch of turnovers

:plus1: There have been alot of left handed QB's in the league also and there was never a problem with the receivers dropping balls because the rotation was opposite.

K Train
05-04-2007, 05:03 PM
i dont think gardocki is a lefty, but anyway its not so much the spin as it is the bounce when he hits the ground....its better with a lefty, but the spin is awkward and when done like sep, it is harder to catch it

Koopa
05-04-2007, 05:08 PM
i dont think gardocki is a lefty, but anyway its not so much the spin as it is the bounce when he hits the ground....its better with a lefty, but the spin is awkward and when done like sep, it is harder to catch it

then why did i keep reading that he's left footed punter like chris??

Byrd120780
05-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Chris Gardocki will be cut soon and Thank God.lol

okiesteeler
05-04-2007, 06:57 PM
there were not too many fumbles of Gardocki's punts because they were so low to the ground had no real hang time and were soft, so when they hit your hands, it was like it was handed to you, i can not believe he has not had one blocked, it is not a testament to chris, but to his line, keeping the defenders away from him

BlitzburghRockCity
05-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Left footed Punters do traditionally give returners more fits than right footed Punters do. Punting is an art form and it takes talent to be able to place the ball exactly where you want it on the field and get the right spin on it so it bounces where you want as often as possible.

Gardocki is one of the best punters in NFL history but his time come and gone now and Sep is ready to step in.

DIESELMAN
05-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Another thing....Gardocki kicks like a girl! :lol: Now you got Sep comin in who will hammer the ball. as far as the backward rotations, thats from kicking it Aussie style, hes got that **** down pat. :bigthumb: