PDA

View Full Version : Study claims NBA refs call more fouls on black players

Steelerlyn
05-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Man, a brother can't get a break, even in an industry where they dominate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/02/sp...02refs.html?hp
I would like to see what kind of statistical method (t-test, chi square, regression model) that the guy used.

It's talking about rate and frequency (per player) as opposed to total number. So the fact that the blacks dominate does not enter into the equation. Plus, the white guys aren't quick enough (white guys can't jump either :) )to commit fouls. You've got to be able to catch the guy in order to foul him.

25MVPKing
05-02-2007, 11:05 AM
Sounds like racist drivel to me. There are more things that come into play than can be isolated. Like you said, maybe the black guys are faster and can get to the other end to commit the foul.

Maybe since there are more black guys on a given team, there are more black guys coming off the bench. And if they're coming off the bench, many times they are to take fouls so that the starters don't foul out.

Like I said, racist drivel....

AZ_Steeler
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
This is dumb!!! Blacks out number whites in the NBA like 10 to 1 so of course they are going to get more calls against them...

Steelerlyn
05-02-2007, 12:15 PM
This is dumb!!! Blacks out number whites in the NBA like 10 to 1 so of course they are going to get more calls against them...

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. I wonder if any real statistics were used in this "study". I think Utah starts 3 and 1/2 whites :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2007, 12:53 PM
But hey there is more Euro players in the NBA then ever before. They say 40 percent of the NBA will be foreign born players in 20 years.

As for fouls being called against blacks more then whites. That is just dumb. I really want to know who studied this damn thing? Whoever did needs to get a life.lol

steelcurtaingal
05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
okay, pard me, but why dont the fricking world deem all white americans racisist, since we obviously are. i have got no problem with blacks, cause i am a minority myself, but white people get called crakcers, rednecks and all that, and take it in stride, but you say the n word, we all in for it.

Prosdo
05-02-2007, 02:54 PM
This report is such bullshit.

Koopa
05-02-2007, 03:29 PM
i think the refs just cheat for the mavs, it just so happens all the teams they player are dominated by black ppl, that it makes the stats go up, so if mark cuban would stop paying david stern to make the refs help his team win, then the stats would go down a lot.........

Blitzburgh55
05-02-2007, 03:40 PM
well thats see Black players or more physical you dont see Kly Korver driving to the hoop he just stays on the outside

SteelerSal
05-02-2007, 03:46 PM
This is equivalent to a survey proving that white hockey players spend more time in the penalty box than black ones.:dunno:

Prosdo
05-02-2007, 04:06 PM
This is equivalent to a survey proving that white hockey players spend more time in the penalty box than black ones.:dunno:

Very nice Sal. I didn't think of that example.

okiesteeler
05-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Not to sound ignorant, but i do not follow hockey.....Are there any black hockey players?

AZ_Steeler
05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Not to sound ignorant, but i do not follow hockey.....Are there any black hockey players?

I have seen a few, but you could probably count them on no more than 2 hands... :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 07:35 PM
But hey there is more Euro players in the NBA then ever before. They say 40 percent of the NBA will be foreign born players in 20 years.

As for fouls being called against blacks more then whites. That is just dumb. I really want to know who studied this damn thing? Whoever did needs to get a life.lol

:iagree: :iagree: Who in the hell has that much time on their hands to do a study on such a pointless topic.

AZ_Steeler
05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
I really want to know who studied this damn thing?
Al Sharpton

Black@Gold Forever32
05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Al Sharpton

:lol:Thats a good guess I could see Rev. Sharpton doing that.lol

DIESELMAN
05-02-2007, 11:47 PM
These guys did their "study" from box scores, they didn't break down game tapes...****ing idiots!!!

steelcurtaingal
05-03-2007, 08:20 AM
its a load of supposed rascist bull ****