PDA

View Full Version : Which Steeler game That We Lost, Do You Wish We Had Won?

Steelerlyn
05-02-2007, 03:06 AM
I wish we had won all the games we lost LOL

Prosdo
05-02-2007, 03:14 AM
The Raiders game. That was humiliating.

okiesteeler
05-02-2007, 04:40 AM
The jacksonville game or either Bengals game. I can not handle being shut out, especially by the upstart jaguars. we could have at least kicked a field goal.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 07:14 AM
The jacksonville game or either Bengals game. I can not handle being shut out, especially by the upstart jaguars. we could have at least kicked a field goal.

Yeah those 2 really pissed me off...the Atlanta game was one that we should have won. After that wild game, and everything we went through with Ben going down and Batch coming in and having a great game, we had that one in the bag and should have come out of it with a win !

Steelerlyn
05-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah those 2 really pissed me off...the Atlanta game was one that we should have won. After that wild game, and everything we went through with Ben going down and Batch coming in and having a great game, we had that one in the bag and should have come out of it with a win !

When you brought up Atlanta I remembered also Cowher's one tie game, we should have beat Atlanta and I was at the jags game up close and personal (05) when Maddox (or Cowher for not pulling him) threw that game away, mortifing

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 08:07 AM
That Atlanta game in Pittsburgh when we tied them and Plax fell just short of the goal line in OT to try and win the game, yeah that one sucked :wtf:

DIESELMAN
05-02-2007, 08:09 AM
I agree with the Oakland game, especially since the Raiders ended up with the worst record in the NFL. I hate getting shutout too, so put those games on the list.

ARKIESTEEL
05-02-2007, 08:35 AM
I would have to say the Oakland game as well.....we played like crap:banging:

steelersgal86
05-02-2007, 08:50 AM
I would have to say the Oakland game as well.....we played like crap:banging:

I agree...that was bad...:cursin:

kgreen
05-02-2007, 08:52 AM
The first Bengals game. It was a game we played to and deserved to win until Ricardo decided to give the game away. Granted Ben did not have a great game, but Willie did. That and the Raiders game. Our defense held them to a mere 97 yards, while our offense racked up nearly 500 yards but turnovers and penalties killed us again. We also should have won the Falcons game. That was the game that really killed our season and any momentum we were building. Ben was on fire and our defense had Vick figured out. Next thing I know, Ben gets a concussion on a cheap hit that the refs didn't flag. I beleive the final was 41-38. That game made me sick. Although it included maybe the play of the year when Hines lost his shoe and went Shoeless Hines for a TD. It was so typical of Hines to make that play.

steelcurtaingal
05-02-2007, 08:58 AM
raiders game, how do you limit a team to less then 100 offenseive yards, and STILL lose? that was just sad.

SteelersWoman
05-02-2007, 10:02 AM
I was embarrassed about the Raider game simply because, well, they're the Raiders, and were the worst team in the league.

However, I'd have to say I went beyond embarrassment to total humiliation in the second Ravens game. After how they beat us the first time, I expected to see our team come out strong to redeem themselves and try to make another run.
They looked worse in that second game than they did in the first! Our guys looked completely inept, and I'm sure not used to seein them like that...Ben gettin sacked so many times...that game was a NIGHTmare to me.

floodcitygirl
05-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I agree with the Raiders as well but for me personally it was the 1st Bengal game because I was there. My first game in Pittsburgh...on my birthday....and we gave it away. :banging:

steelcurtaingal
05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
i was there for the browns game, and we won that one luckily. and the last cincy one. the last ravens game was humilating, caause we needed that, and where was our o-line? it was just sad.

AZ_Steeler
05-02-2007, 12:28 PM
It's really hard to just pick one because the first Bengal game the Steelers had that one on the bag, then there is the Raider game that was absolutely ridiculous and then the Atlanta game... There are just so many that it's hard to not pick one!

WeRideinCOx5
05-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I would have to say that 27-0 waxin' the Ratbirds put on us. It was like the O-line was sleep. I would take losing to the Raiders any day as opposed to losing to those ratbastids!!

25MVPKing
05-02-2007, 12:39 PM
My first thought was the Raiders game, but really we were a 14-2 caliber team last year. There was no reason we shouldn't have won more games. 7th ranked offense, 9th ranked defense (even with the shoddy DBs). There was no valid reason to be 8-8, the whole season hurt.

I think our loss in the 15th game, the one that eliminated us from the playoffs, hurt a lot. After we beat Cincy, and could have gotten in at 9-6, it was infuriating.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
The whole freekin season was an under achieving disaster ! Nearly ever game we lost we were "in it" in the 4th quarter or atleast the 3rd quarter.

That ratbird game on christmas eve was a nightmare, all we had to do was beat them and our chances stayed alive but nnnnooooooo, we had to go in and let them ride roughshod all over us in our own stadium. That was a very quiet ride home.....

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
The whole freekin season was an under achieving disaster ! Nearly ever game we lost we were "in it" in the 4th quarter or atleast the 3rd quarter.

That ratbird game on christmas eve was a nightmare, all we had to do was beat them and our chances stayed alive but nnnnooooooo, we had to go in and let them ride roughshod all over us in our own stadium. That was a very quiet ride home.....

okiesteeler
05-02-2007, 06:27 PM
The first Bengals game. It was a game we played to and deserved to win until Ricardo decided to give the game away. Granted Ben did not have a great game, but Willie did. That and the Raiders game. Our defense held them to a mere 97 yards, while our offense racked up nearly 500 yards but turnovers and penalties killed us again. We also should have won the Falcons game. That was the game that really killed our season and any momentum we were building. Ben was on fire and our defense had Vick figured out. Next thing I know, Ben gets a concussion on a cheap hit that the refs didn't flag. I beleive the final was 41-38. That game made me sick. Although it included maybe the play of the year when Hines lost his shoe and went Shoeless Hines for a TD. It was so typical of Hines to make that play.

I remember this differently, I seem to remember we were winning this game and the bengals scored and kicked off which Santonio fumbled and it was recovered by the bengals who went on to score on the next play taking the lead away, which we never recovered

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 06:31 PM

PsychoWard
05-02-2007, 06:33 PM
the radiers game

SteelerSal
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM

I don't think I can stomach another season like the last one. Not only did we shoot ourselves in the foot, with the turnovers, we were the most pathetic "Defending World Champions", also.:banging:

K Train
05-02-2007, 06:38 PM
last year, ravens...they ebarrassed us

All time, pats playoff game in 05...duh lol

Stlrs4Life
05-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Raiders and Bengals.

TEEMONT
05-02-2007, 07:04 PM
no-brainer....all of them....I never want to lose any game.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't think I can stomach another season like the last one. Not only did we shoot ourselves in the foot, with the turnovers, we were the most pathetic "Defending World Champions", also.:banging:

You got that right, the whole year, minus opening weekend against the Dolphins was a complete disaster.

Ive never seen a Steelers team be that inept in the redzone, not be able to run the ball consistently, be unable to stop anyone, and yes the turnovers were absolutely the worst part. :banging:

Stlrs4Life
05-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Exactly Top Gun, I'm not sure there was anything that we really excelled in well.

okiesteeler
05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
we excelled in being a brown stain imitator

Dako
05-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Raiders game....completely embarrassing:banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:
Either of the Ravens games.....had to go to work and hear all that crap about getting an *** whupping all week long:cursin: :cursin:

okiesteeler
05-03-2007, 01:40 AM
the ravens games especially would have been so much better if our o-line had not been so offensive

OneSteelSoldier
05-03-2007, 04:08 AM
I watched the Raider game at Harolds Corral in Cave Creek Arizona, one of the best Steeler bars in the nation, so that game was especially disappointing to Me. Being surrounded by so many of my Steeler brothers and sisters was great!! but we lost and that sucked.

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-04-2007, 11:07 PM
all of them!

Steelerlyn
05-04-2007, 11:23 PM
I did not make it clear :banging: but I was pretty much referring to what game (that you have ever seen) on tv or at trs or forbes or heinz or heard on the radio. i was not just referring to this year.:lol:

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-04-2007, 11:40 PM
'97 AFC Championship game against the Donkeys. Hands Down.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-05-2007, 12:04 AM
I did not make it clear :banging: but I was pretty much referring to what game (that you have ever seen) on tv or at trs or forbes or heinz or heard on the radio. i was not just referring to this year.:lol:

There was just so many to choose from in 2006 :lol:

Dako
05-05-2007, 12:18 AM
I wish O'Donnell had decided NOT to let Larry Brown be his primary receiver in XXX.....

RckyMtnStlrFan
05-05-2007, 12:20 AM
I wish O'Donnell had decided NOT to let Larry Brown be his primary receiver in XXX.....

lmao!

okiesteeler
05-05-2007, 10:10 PM
well since it can be ever. Then ANY and ALL games that we lost to the Dallas Cowgirls. I can not stand them and always pray that they have a 0 win season. How they can go around claiming to be America's Team I do not know. I am an American and they are NOT my team. The guys that I am deployed with are from Texas and always call the Cowgirls Americas Team and I tell them thats fine you can call the Cowgirls that, and everytime I do I refer to the Steelers as God's Team.

BlitzburghNation
05-05-2007, 10:20 PM
Without a doubt the Raiders game :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

That was a gift to oakland :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

Close 2nd would be that Atlanta game :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:
Hell every game we lost,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:nahnah:
Did you have to stir up bad memories :lol:

SteelerSteve
05-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Every game, also we had a real chance to beat the chargers, probably the best regular season team last year, at there own homefield but we blew it.:banging: :banging: :banging: