PDA

View Full Version : Feeling on #7 draft pick,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
05-01-2007, 09:53 PM
What's everyone's feeling on Baker the touchdown maker :lol:

I know a 7th rounder is a chancer selection :scratch:

But IMO they should've got Nate "nasty" Ilaoa :popcorn:
Would've been a great RB for depth behind FWP and his running style reminded me alot of the "BUS" :popcorn:

Don't get me wrong, I like davenport , but dam "nasty" runs angry and who knows what he's gonna do in his career :dunno: Just figured we could've used more depth at RB instead of WR :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I like Baker and think he was great value in the 7th round. As Colston and Humpshismama has showed us you can find good WRs in the 7th round. Now I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston type numbers but I think he can make this team and add depth to the WR core.

K Train
05-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Nasti was gone :(

I think Baker can make this team, i was shocked he was still there

BlitzburghNation
05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Nasti was gone :(

I think Baker can make this team, i was shocked he was still there

nasti was still there :nono: I was watching it & hoping :popcorn:

Eagles ended up with him :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2007, 10:34 PM
I love the Baker pick in the 7th round, I can't believe he lasted that long. He could be the sleeper of the draft for us along with McBean.

He's got a lot of talent and skill, he just needs to refine it and learn how to not get lost in traffic and he should be good. He's got the size to be effective so I fully expect him to be a diamond in the rough for us, atleast initially.

Stlrs4Life
05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
See, the more I hear about these draft picks, the more i like them.

SteelerSteve
05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
hes a pretty big guy right? I think we could use a big reciever, it could create possible mismatches:2cents:

K Train
05-01-2007, 11:37 PM
See, the more I hear about these draft picks, the more i like them.

first time we could say that in a while lol

BlitzburghNation
05-01-2007, 11:37 PM
Got hines as our possesion reciever,,,,,,,,Don't need him IMO

Got enough reciever's :popcorn: Need depth at RB :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Once you get past Hines, Santonio, and Cedric there are some question marks so bringing in this guy is only going to help create the competition needed so everyone stays hungry..atleast in theory that's how you hope it works out.

Nate has the potential to be deadly if he just gets more consistent. Walter Young needs to step up his game if he wants to make the roster this year.

TEEMONT
05-02-2007, 12:38 AM
Once you get past Hines, Santonio, and Cedric there are some question marks so bringing in this guy is only going to help create the competition needed so everyone stays hungry..atleast in theory that's how you hope it works out.

Nate has the potential to be deadly if he just gets more consistent. Walter Young needs to step up his game if he wants to make the roster this year.

I think once you get past Hines and Holmes, there are question marks....the only time Ced has ever been good for us was in the 05 playoff, on one catch, that Ben dropped in his breadbasket.

I like this pick, Baker has a lot of potential and no expectations or pressure....

steelcurtaingal
05-02-2007, 09:32 AM

and Wilson is inconsistant at best. he was good on our play off run, but last year he was mediocre at best. a little extra depth in WR cant hurt us at all.

SteelersWoman
05-02-2007, 10:27 AM
...Nate has the potential to be deadly if he just gets more consistent... .

I see that in him too TG. I'm hopin it was just the rookie jitters that got to him last year--if it's not, maybe he can be taught a better way to hang on to the ball this season. There's definitely somethin special there if it can just be brought out (and STAY out).

Oh yeah, to weigh in on the Baker issue...on paper he sounds like he could really add to the team, and sounds good to me. I just hope it translates to the field.

Stlrs4Life
05-02-2007, 11:38 PM
I think Cedric has the competition, and I refuse to give up on Nate Washington.

steelcitysfinestXL
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Cedrick Wilson is a bust, sorry to say it but he is... I dont think he will crack the top 4 this year, or atleast he shouldnt. I think Reid, Baker and Nate will be battling to see who rounds out the final 3-5 on the DC. With the addition of a near 7' TE, heath and Bruce saying he wants to incorporate more 2 and 3 TE formations, Holmes cementing the 2 Nate possibly at 3, Baker our only reciever over 6'1''-6'2'' and no one seeing Reid play WR yet much at all i think we have too much young talent to just assume Ced will crack the line-up!!!

25MVPKing
05-03-2007, 11:01 AM
The questions in my mind (b/c I've seen Reid play in college) are:

1) Can Washington get the jitters out?
2) Can we expect Baker to quickly make 3rd or 4th on the depth chart?
3) If answering "Yes" to both above questions: Is Wilson worth holding on to?

steelcitysfinestXL
05-03-2007, 02:35 PM
The questions in my mind (b/c I've seen Reid play in college) are:

1) Can Washington get the jitters out?
2) Can we expect Baker to quickly make 3rd or 4th on the depth chart?
3) If answering "Yes" to both above questions: Is Wilson worth holding on to?

In my opinion, no! Now im not saying Reid is gonna be a superstar, but he is gonna help the line-up because, like Holmes, he's electrifying with the ball in his hands. He will be good for wr/slip screens, and you know when you guys is a great punt returner (as he was at FSU) you know that he isnt affraid to catch the ball in traffic. Nate makes me nervous but i still like him more than Ced.

Black@Gold Forever32
05-03-2007, 02:40 PM
All Nate Washington needs is to toughen up some then he will be fine. I really like Nate overall but he did drop to many passes last year especially after contact.

As for Willie Reid he will be the return guy so he will make this team no doubt. If he develops into a 3rd or 4th WR then that will be just gravy.

As for Cedric Wilson. With his cap number and if Reid/Baker show anything during camp then the Steelers will have to consider cutting him especially if they want to get to try and sign Troy before the season starts. We all know when the season starts then contract negotiations stop.