PDA

View Full Version : Everything IS WRONG STEELERS SuCK!!!!!

kgreen
05-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok I was kidding in the title but anyways here steelertribute.com's look at this years draft:
http://www.steelertribute.com/

K Train
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
BRILLIANT!!!!!!

Not sure why there was so much consternation over the Daniel Sepulveda pick. The Steelers clearly needed a punter. This guy was a two-time Ray Guy Award winner and apparently very good at pooch punting. So what's the problem? It was the 4th round - who else were we going to pick up in the 4th round? Should we have taken a WR like we did two years ago when we got burned with the Fred Gibson pick? They needed a punter, and they got a punter. So I ask again - what's the problem?

BlitzburghNation
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Good post,,,,,,,Especially how you got my attention :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2007, 08:46 PM
He makes a lot of sense, especially when talking about the former BC era vs the new Tomlin era.

I think our offense will look very much different in some aspects but the same in others. We'll still always run the ball and Dan Kreider is still on the team to lead the way. We when we go to a power set he'll be there along with a jumbo package that should now include Spaeth in the lineup. However there will be many new wrinkles this year too with more multiple receiver sets, plus the ability to run out of that set too.

It should be fun to watch, assuming the players catch onto it and we stay the course till everything starts to sync up.

kgreen
05-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I thought it would catch someone's attention

Black@Gold Forever32
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Another great post was how they pointed out hom Tomlin/Ariens seems to building the offense around Big Ben and Fast Willie. You draft a QB in the first round for a reason and that is to build the offense around him. As for Fast Willie its going to be great having an offense that plays to his talents instead of trying to make him a power runner like Cowher tried to much. I know it was important for Willie to learn how to run inside better but I think at times Willie was so focused on becoming a better inside runner he wasn't letting his natural instincts take over. But the guy still had a great year last year. So this year I think he will be even better which is scary.

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Another great post was how they pointed out hom Tomlin/Ariens seems to building the offense around Big Ben and Fast Willie. You draft a QB in the first round for a reason and that is to build the offense around him. As for Fast Willie its going to be great having an offense that plays to his talents instead of trying to make him a power runner like Cowher tried to much. I know it was important for Willie to learn how to run inside better but I think at times Willie was so focused on becoming a better inside runner he wasn't letting his natural instincts take over. But the guy still had a great year last year. So this year I think he will be even better which is scary.excellent points on willie (and ben)

faneca, hartings, smith, okolbi, simmons, were drafted and brought in with a big bruising back like jerome and a qb with blazing speed like kordell who wasnt your typical pocket passer.

but now we have your typical pocket passer with excellent escapability (but not the blazing speed) and a running back who, although can run with power, is a burner.

SteelersWoman
05-02-2007, 09:12 AM
I know it was important for Willie to learn how to run inside better but I think at times Willie was so focused on becoming a better inside runner he wasn't letting his natural instincts take over....

This is so good and so "right", I don't even know WHAT to say. :cabbagepatch: