PDA

View Full Version : Keyshawn Cut

Hawk Believer
05-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I just heard on the radio that the Panthers released Keyshawn Johnson. Is he hurt or something?

Remember last preseason when the 1-2 punch of Steve Smith and Keyshawn was getting so much hype? What a difference a year makes.

PsychoWard
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
wow he was covering the draft saying how he couldn't wait for this season!

Hawk Believer
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Who do you guess will pick him up? Maybe the Raiders to replace Moss?

okiesteeler
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
What i find to be ironic is that they cut keyshawn and signed the player that he interviewed, he must have made jarrett look really good.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CAR/10161124

K Train
05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
THATS SO ****ED....he asked them to draft jarrett so he could help him....hes never been that kind of player and now that he had decent intentions they cut him loose....not cool

He was good friends with jarrett and helped him throughout college....that couldve been a great trio...this is so ****ed up, all he wanted to do was to finish his career and help jarrett live up to his potential and show him the way....i dont agree with this move at all, i realize its a buisness but that was a dick move on the part of the panthers

He'll be a raider or an eagle, or a texan or titan

Hell he might even be a patriot at this point lol

Hawk Believer
Maybe he has a future in broadcasting then...

PsychoWard
wow here's the linkhttp://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6762970

Hawk Believer
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Hmm. Article doesn't suggest any physical issues. Must have been a pure and simple cap move.

PsychoWard
05-01-2007, 09:38 PM
i know he is getting up there but i wouldn't mind having him for a year or two. i know it will probably never happen but i think it would be nice.

K Train
05-01-2007, 09:40 PM
yeah especially since hes calmed down and is a good team player now...hes not gonna want to go to the raiders, he will want to win thats why he went to the panthers (lol)..he want another superbowl...he wont want to rebuild a team at this point in is career.

kgreen
05-01-2007, 09:44 PM
THATS SO ****ED....he asked them to draft jarrett so he could help him....hes never been that kind of player and now that he had decent intentions they cut him loose....not cool

He was good friends with jarrett and helped him throughout college....that couldve been a great trio...this is so ****ed up, all he wanted to do was to finish his career and help jarrett live up to his potential and show him the way....i dont agree with this move at all, i realize its a buisness but that was a dick move on the part of the panthers

He'll be a raider or an eagle, or a texan or titan

Hell he might even be a patriot at this point lol

I hope he becomes a Pat. Because that would really F*** them up interms of additude and cap room. Go ahead HOODIE f*** up that franchise for a fourth ring, because it will take 20 more long years to get a 5th.

DIESELMAN
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
The St. Petersburg Times reports WR Keyshawn Johnson was released by the Carolina Panthers Tuesday, leaving one of the NFL's most productive receivers looking for a third team in as many years. "They said they wanted to get younger,'' Johnson said. ""That's fine with me. I'd like to go somewhere and help someone win another Super Bowl.'' The move was somewhat surprising since the Panthers paid Johnson a $3-million roster bonus April 1. Carolina drafted Southern Cal WR Dwayne Jarrett and also have WR Keary Colbert. Last season, Johnson caught 70 passes for 815 yards and four touchdowns, two of them against Tampa Bay. Johnson even joked that he would consider returning to the Bucs. "Me and Jon Gruden together again. You never know,'' he said laughing. ""Billy Martin and George Steinbrenner did it.''

Koopa
05-01-2007, 10:29 PM
i can see why keyshawn ain't pissed, he got a free 3 million dollar check, now he can go somewhere else and make more money lol......

steelcurtain09
05-01-2007, 10:41 PM
thts actually kinda sad...
during the draft Johnson seemed so happy tht he would be able to teach Jarrett and now they release him
i think now he should start in the broadcasting booth

Koopa
05-01-2007, 10:52 PM
keyshawn has a couple of years left in him, i think he can make a good team better....... but i think he's gonna be a good analyst, i enjoyed him this weekend, especially when he was getting pissed at mel cause mel kept talking about timed speed lol

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 10:57 PM
Hell he might even be a patriot at this point lolthat was my 1st thought :lol:

nobody has metionned a possible tomlin keyshawn connection. not like they were on the field together all the time and probably didnt even cross paths, but who knows, perhaps they were friends when they won a sb together as bucs. johnsons problems were with gruden and the offensive coaches, and ive always been a fan of his despite that situation being his only blemish.

johnson has said he wants to retire a panther and knows he can make more money out of football than playing for a vet minimum contract. but the 70 catches he brought the panthers were much more than what c. wilson and his $2 mil/ year brought the steelers.

i wonder if tomlin has any pull with him. no stone should be left unturned and the steelers will probably look at every veteran being cut between now and the beginning of the season.

BlitzburghNation
05-01-2007, 11:04 PM
i can see why keyshawn ain't pissed, he got a free 3 million dollar check, now he can go somewhere else and make more money lol......

Reported on NFL network,he never recieved any check :popcorn:

DIESELMAN
05-02-2007, 07:08 AM
Reported on NFL network,he never recieved any check :popcorn:

Did NFLN actually come out and say that Keyshawn didn't get his roster bonus of 3 million on 1 April?

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 07:17 AM

That's about the long and short of it..he got a nice fat check and now he'll go sign with another team and get another nice fat check. He won't be able to sign for the same amount of money that he got with the Panthers probably but still, he'll cash in and probably with a veteran team for a chance to win a SB.

Steelerlyn
05-02-2007, 07:41 AM
I was thinking this weekend while he was on the ESPN draft team, how much Keyshawn has grown up and what a great football player he has become. I still don't understand what happened!

BlitzburghRockCity
05-02-2007, 08:08 AM
He's definitely got a career in broadcasting ahead of him, he was all over the draft coverage and I loved how he went back n forth with Kiper :lol:

BlackGold4vr
05-02-2007, 08:32 AM
He's definitely got a career in broadcasting ahead of him, he was all over the draft coverage and I loved how he went back n forth with Kiper :lol:

He can talk alright! His mouth has been writing checks for years that his skillset couldn't cash. :hilarious:

steelcurtaingal
05-02-2007, 09:27 AM
He can talk alright! His mouth has been writing checks for years that his skillset couldn't cash. :hilarious:

:lol: thats funny, but really rather true:yesnod: .

25MVPKing
05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I would only want to see him as a Steeler because Ward can't be expected to teach everyone. We could use another veteran Pro Bowler.

K Train
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
if he was a steeler that would be cool....but i dont want santonio taking a backseat to anyone if hes ready to go just because keyshawn is a vet. It might be cool to think about but unless we cut wilson and hes bum *** then its out of the question

PsychoWard
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
if he was a steeler that would be cool....but i dont want santonio taking a backseat to anyone if hes ready to go just because keyshawn is a vet. It might be cool to think about but unless we cut wilson and hes bum *** then its out of the question

yeah i agree with that i do like the thought but i wouldn't want to see santonio taking a back seat either!:helmet:

SteelerFan87
05-02-2007, 09:32 PM
I'm really dissapointed in this move by my 2nd favorite team. I like the Panthers, and I was really glad they signed Keyshawn. Now they're back to Steve Smith being the whole passing game again. STUPID.

But, I'd love to see Keyshawn in black and gold. He'd be a huge upgrade over Cedrick Wilson.