PDA

View Full Version : NFL Considers 17th Regular Season Game.....

DIESELMAN
04-30-2007, 08:20 AM
NFL officials are considering adding a 17th regular season game to accommodate the league's desire to play overseas games, Commissioner Roger Goodell said yesterday, although the idea is in the formative stages.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/26/AR2007042602579.html

SteelerSal
04-30-2007, 08:23 AM
I can care less about the NFL playing a game in another country, BUT, I'm all for adding more games to the schedule.:bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Its all still up in the air for right now. It sounds good BUT I don't like it. Goddell is opening up a big can of worms with this one. They were talkin about adding one game to the regular schedule and taking a game away from the preseason. The big thing is, will we be able to catch these on ESPN or some other channel? Wherever these games are going to be played, you are talking some travel time, you've got to take into consideration for jet lag, getting sick, practice time. Then when the game is over with they have to come back and deal with the same stuff plus get ready for the next game. I think it would be hard on the players and the logistics would be way out there.

Ambridge
04-30-2007, 08:34 AM
If the NFL wants to add regular season games then they need to cut out at least two pre-season games.
The owners might complain that they lose ticket revenue on the loss of two pre-season games but they could just spread that out by raising the cost of a regular game ticket over the course of an entire season.

Prosdo
04-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I say let them play the preseason games overseas. Keep all the regular season games in the USA.

BBG7
04-30-2007, 10:55 AM
I say let them play the preseason games overseas. Keep all the regular season games in the USA.

I agree....I don't like taking regular season games out of the States. They have NFL Europe for that. Not only does it put the players at disadvantage like Diesel pointed out....it also takes games away from the fans.

Steelerlyn
04-30-2007, 11:00 AM

WOOOOO HOOOOOO!~ Awesome idea you belong on some board somewhere in the NFL!~

AZ_Steeler
04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Based on what you all have said, it sounds like you all should be on the steering committee for the NFL because you all have some great ideas! Cut out pre-season games :bigthumb: or play the pre season over seas :bigthumb:

I'm all for more regular seasons games but I don't want to see the NFL playing over seas, especially regular season games! That's what they have the NFL Europe for! :smh:

steelcurtaingal
04-30-2007, 11:29 AM
i definately wna the regualr games to be in the USA, but he preseason games can go where ever

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I can see the NFL adding a 17th game. Cut the preseason to two games. It is all about marketing the NFL brand and adding more money to the coffers.

kgreen
04-30-2007, 11:59 AM
WHY?! why not just shorten the season? I think there should only be 2 preseason games. And make it either 16, 15 or 14 regular season games.

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-30-2007, 12:19 PM
WHY?! why not just shorten the season? I think there should only be 2 preseason games. And make it either 16, 15 or 14 regular season games.

Then teams would lose out on making more profit. We cannot have that.

okiesteeler
04-30-2007, 06:47 PM

Cut the regular season down? The Off season is already too long, and we are forced to watch less entertaining sports in order to try to cut down on our withdraw symptoms. 6 days between games is too long, and on our off week, my entire body about shuts down. I can not imagine cutting the season back. I would be hospitalized.

ARKIESTEEL
05-01-2007, 02:01 PM
I agree....I don't like taking regular season games out of the States. They have NFL Europe for that. Not only does it put the players at disadvantage like Diesel pointed out....it also takes games away from the fans.

Here Here :bigthumb: :plus1:

Let us keep football here