PDA

View Full Version : RB's in FA

MillerTime83
04-30-2007, 12:25 AM
WHICH ONE WOULD U LIKE MOST

K Train
04-30-2007, 12:28 AM
i dont know about your choices....

but jackie battles is an interesting idea, i dont want darius walker, and i dont know much about selvin young....but theres quite a few options out there as far as UDFAs

I really want Mcalister lol, i wanted him since i first saw him play last year and then it died downs and teemont brought he beastlyness back to my attention lol

DIESELMAN
04-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Battle for sure, his size and the way he runs the ball would be a good fit. 6-1 239lbs 4.4-40. Battle is a hard running bruiser and a short-yardage ball carrier who only started during his senior year, but made the most of his chances. One of the toughest players to bring down. Always falls forward. Has great vision and sees the holes well. Very good short yardage back.

BlackGold4vr
04-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Gary Russell baby, he's already signed! Played for the University of Minnesota with Lawrence Maroney last year and was a stud! Didn't play this year because he was acedemically ineligible. So he's dumb but he can play ball! Last I checked it doesn't take a lot of intel to run with the rock. :hilarious:

Prosdo
04-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Jackie Battles is who I like.

kgreen
04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Hmmmm, I have no clue I like that Race kid out of Pitt State.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2007, 08:57 AM
Battle for sure, his size and the way he runs the ball would be a good fit. 6-1 239lbs 4.4-40. Battle is a hard running bruiser and a short-yardage ball carrier who only started during his senior year, but made the most of his chances. One of the toughest players to bring down. Always falls forward. Has great vision and sees the holes well. Very good short yardage back.

Talk about Thunder & Lightning ! Now that's one guy I'd love see try out for us.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Gary Russell baby, he's already signed! Played for the University of Minnesota with Lawrence Maroney last year and was a stud! Didn't play this year because he was acedemically ineligible. So he's dumb but he can play ball! Last I checked it doesn't take a lot of intel to run with the rock. :hilarious:

Yes Gary Russell was a badass at onetime. He had 18 TD's in 2005. Plus Minnesota has been known for turning out good NFL RB's lately with Barber III and Maroney.

I know Russell was out of shape at the combine but he is down to 217 so he seems to be back in shape. He was on track to be a very good RB prospect before his acedemic troubles. So maybe he can bounce back. As an undrafted FA its worth a shot to bring him in.

The Steelers also brought in Baylors Paul Mosley. He is 230 pounds and a bigger RB. I think Fast Willie taught us all you just never know where the next gem RB might come from.

Koopa
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
i don't know really, i just put other for the hell of it, i wouldn't get selvin, he could've been a great running back for ut, but he broke his ankle in 2004. he used to be a speed back, he was our punt returner and pretty good at it, but then he just became soft and couldn't run as fast, and then we got Jamaal Charles in 05, and he took a lot of the carries away from selvin so selvin never really developed into what he possibly could've been

okiesteeler
04-30-2007, 09:42 PM
What led to Russells Academic Troubles? Was it too much partying? So is he going to be a drunk and have character issues that would not look good in the league and force him to be suspended, is it just he is an idiot and can not learn, like the playbook? Need to know more about his background and why he had these troubles. Is he just lazy?

Koopa
04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
What led to Russells Academic Troubles? Was it too much partying? So is he going to be a drunk and have character issues that would not look good in the league and force him to be suspended, is it just he is an idiot and can not learn, like the playbook? Need to know more about his background and why he had these troubles. Is he just lazy?

college is just hard for some players..... i think he just might be a DEE DEE DEE....... but running back is the easiest position to learn in the nfl, so i doubt he school grades will hold him back

SteelerSal
05-01-2007, 09:48 AM
i think he just might be a DEE DEE DEE.......

:rofl:

BlackGold4vr
05-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Jackie Battles is who I like.

Battles signed with the Cowboys

By Roy Philpott
TheRanchReport.com
Posted Apr 29, 2007

TheRanchReport.com has the latest on another undrafted free agent targeted by the Cowboys.

SCOUTING REPORT: RB Jackie Battle
BIO: Part-time starter the past two years totaling career numbers of 184/943/15 carrying the ball as a senior. Junior totals included 408-yards rushing and five scores.

POSITIVE: Nice-sized short-yardage runner best between tackles. Finds the running lanes, works runs on the inside and falls forward when tackled. Keeps his feet moving on contact and strong ball carrier who picks up the tough yardage. Displays vision as a ball carrier or blocker.

NEGATIVE: Straight-line runner who does not have the speed to get around the corner. Average hands out of the backfield. Not decisive nor elusive.

FINAL ANALYSIS: A hard-pounding, short-yardage ball carrier, Battle’s best opportunity at the next level may come as a lead blocking fullback.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
05-01-2007, 02:34 PM
I like Jackie Battle but I never saw Kuhn so I'd like to see how he runs

K Train
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
college is just hard for some players..... i think he just might be a DEE DEE DEE....... but running back is the easiest position to learn in the nfl, so i doubt he school grades will hold him back

yeah he might not be college material thats all

BlitzburghNation
05-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Really wanted "NASTI",,,,,,,,, guess i'd take battle :dunno: