PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 7th Round Selection - 2007 - Dallas Baker WR - Florida

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Steelers select Dallas Baker with their last pick.

Profile: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/baker_dallas
Highlights: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft?round=7&dl=nfl

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Great value pick in my mind. Nice way to close out a solid draft in my mind.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
I like this pick. Finally got someone over 6'0 in our WR corps. Hopefully he can make the team or the practice squad.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
this was a very solid draft, i thought the te in the 3rd was a waste, but i forgot that this offense is new, and he became a need, and from what i've read he's gonna be a good move the chains type te for ben, while heath will stretch the field with his power lol.......... baker will probably compete with washingon.....or probably won't even make the team, but this was a very good draft

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:03 PM
I like this pick. Finally got someone over 6'0 in our WR corps. Hopefully he can make the team or the practice squad.

Well Nate is 6'3 and has great leaping ability. But I like Baker alot and I hope he can make the team. I think the addition of Baker will just create competion which is never a bad thing.

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:04 PM
i think baker can make this team...especially if we cut wilson that ****ing scrub

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Well Nate is 6'3 and has great leaping ability. But I like Baker alot and I hope he can make the team. I think the addition of Baker will just create competion which is never a bad thing.

nate is 6-1 plays like 6-4

Black@Gold Forever32
this was a very solid draft, i thought the te in the 3rd was a waste, but i forgot that this offense is new, and he became a need, and from what i've read he's gonna be a good move the chains type te for ben, while heath will stretch the field with his power lol.......... baker will probably compete with washingon.....or probably won't even make the team, but this was a very good draft

I don't know I think some of the knocks on Baker were the same things they were saying about Colston last year.

Prosdo

I thought Nate was on 6'0 maybe 6'1?

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 05:06 PM

Agreed,,,,,,Baker the touchdown maker :popcorn:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:07 PM
nate is 6-1 plays like 6-4

Sorry I meant 6'1. ****ing typo.lol But yes the guy has great leaping ability. But I like the Baker pick.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I thought Nate was on 6'0 maybe 6'1?

He is I made a typo error. Sorry....:bigthumb:

Koopa
04-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I don't know I think some of the knocks on Baker were the same things they were saying about Colston last year.

i wouldn't mind him making the team, but with willie reid, washington, wilson, holmes, and ward there, i don't see any room....and then arians saying he's gonna use 3 te's, i just kinda find it hard for him to make the team........ i hope he does, and maybe like train said they cut wilson who is way overpaid since he doesn't produce.............

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 05:10 PM
I really like all our WR's, but only so many can stay. You Hines is a lock, Santonio will be there, Willie Reid probably will. Then you have Wilson, Washington, Baker, Young. I say we take Ward, Holmes, Reid, Washington, Wilson. Baker probably on the PS.

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:11 PM
damn i hate wilson

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson cut, but then you are left with a lot of very young guys.

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I really like all our WR's, but only so many can stay. You Hines is a lock, Santonio will be there, Willie Reid probably will. Then you have Wilson, Washington, Baker, Young. I say we take Ward, Holmes, Reid, Washington, Wilson. Baker probably on the PS.

no way...you have to have 5 or 6 WRs active...especially with plans of all these 4 WR sets

Koopa
04-29-2007, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Wilson cut, but then you are left with a lot of very young guys.

just the same, wilson can't produce for ****, so might as well get a young guy in there and let him learn on the job........

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:13 PM
i wouldn't mind him making the team, but with willie reid, washington, wilson, holmes, and ward there, i don't see any room....and then arians saying he's gonna use 3 te's, i just kinda find it hard for him to make the team........ i hope he does, and maybe like train said they cut wilson who is way overpaid since he doesn't produce.............

Ok Hines Ward, Santonio and Nate Washington are the first three no doubt.

But no offense Willie Reid hasn't proven much as a WR. He looked good in pre-season but thats pre-season Koopa. I like the guy and hope he develops into a WR but I'm counting him more as just as of a return guy as of right now. As for Wilson that dude can take a hike with his cap number.

So Baker has a good shot to be the number 4th or 5th WR. With Willie Reid in the mix. I'm hoping Wilson is gone.:bigthumb:

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 05:14 PM
True. Wilson has been disappointing in my opinion. A thing I need to remember is Bill Cowher is gone. Tomlin might cut Wilson.

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
wow the video on espn about baker....he has great concentration

BB2W
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM
I love the pick for the last selection of the draft... he was projected as high as late second or third. He is a physical receiver who has great body control which makes him a great red-zone target.

He might lack the ability to seperate, but that is what Santonio is for. We need a guy to go over the middle and win some jump balls. He might be able to find a spot for himself on this team.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:17 PM
I think Dallas Baker is just another potential weapon for Big Ben. Look at the huge TE and now Baker and the Steelers could have some serious red zone targets down the road.

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:18 PM
i think this was an awesome draft...some of you have done nothing but bitch and complain about our picks...but i think we did a solid job this year and have alot of potential stars

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 05:20 PM

nothin wrong with young, they all can learn and grow together. New coach, new and simpler playbook, we are definitely headed in the right direction. :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 05:22 PM
I think Dallas Baker is just another potential weapon for Big Ben. Look at the huge TE and now Baker and the Steelers could have some serious red zone targets down the road.

I was mildly happy about last years draft, I'm stoked this year :bigthumb: I got Big Ben on my fantasy dynasty league "The Jack Lamberts" he should have a great rebound year. :bigthumb:

K Train
04-29-2007, 05:24 PM
diesel....your guy from hawaii is in philly.....****ers

Koopa
04-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Ok Hines Ward, Santonio and Nate Washington are the first three no doubt.

But no offense Willie Reid hasn't proven much as a WR. He looked good in pre-season but thats pre-season Koopa. I like the guy and hope he develops into a WR but I'm counting him more as just as of a return guy as of right now. As for Wilson that dude can take a hike with his cap number.

So Baker has a good shot to be the number 4th or 5th WR. With Willie Reid in the mix. I'm hoping Wilson is gone.:bigthumb:

i understand that he hasn't proven anything, and i never said he did, i was just naming wr's, he hasn't got a chance to prove himself either, and being a 3rd rounder, he needs to get his chance.....i'm sure he'll just a punt/kick returner which i don't mind, but he has to be in the mix.............

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM
i understand that he hasn't proven anything, and i never said he did, i was just naming wr's, he hasn't got a chance to prove himself either, and being a 3rd rounder, he needs to get his chance.....i'm sure he'll just a punt/kick returner which i don't mind, but he has to be in the mix.............

I said Willie Reid is in the mix at WR but I'm just saying you really can't say he has a spot as a WR on this team yet. I think his spot on this team is being the punt returner and kick returner. If he develops into a good WR then thats just a bonus. I think he can but I like Baker to. I think there is alot of potential in this WR core. Hopefully Wilson and his cap number are gone. But if not he is solid for depth purposes.

jasonbay
04-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Now they can cut Wilson....:)

BB2W
04-29-2007, 06:21 PM
Now they can cut Wilson....:)We will need Wilson if we are gonna run these four wide sets Arians speaks of... I think Wilson will play a bigger role this year. Wilson should eat up most "dime backs"... :2cents:

BBC
04-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Dallas Baker the touchdown maker!

Nice pick, but anyone that thinks we're going to drop Cedrick in favor of Dallas is out of their minds. Baker doesn't have the speed or the hands to be an every down receiver, but he will be a nice little threat in red zone situations.

K Train
04-29-2007, 10:20 PM

Nice pick, but anyone that thinks we're going to drop Cedrick in favor of Dallas is out of their minds. Baker doesn't have the speed or the hands to be an every down receiver, but he will be a nice little threat in red zone situations.
but wilson doesnt have the skills to do it period so it wouldnt really be a loss

Koopa
04-29-2007, 10:21 PM
i doubt he was drafted to be an every down wr, and speed don't matter if you can't do **** with it, we got plenty of speed in holmes, and he knows how to play, wilson is gonna be gone soon, he's pointless on this roster......... and i'm not saying it's cause we got baker, i'm saying it cause he's over paid and can't play

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Ok so you think Cedric Wilson is going to be an every down WR? I don't with Ward, Holmes Washington probably as the first three WR. I just hope Baker beats Wilson out for his roster spot. Since Wilson has a high cap number for a 4th WR.

As for Dallas Baker. I think some of the same things were said about Colston last year. Now I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston numbers at all. But Colston proves you just never know. So I think Baker could be a solid number 2 WR oneday.

BBC
04-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Ok so you think Cedric Wilson is going to be an every down WR? I don't with Ward, Holmes Washington probably as the first three WR. I just hope Baker beats Wilson out for his roster spot. Since Wilson has a high cap number for a 4th WR.

As for Dallas Baker. I think some of the same things were said about Colston last year. Now I'm not expecting Baker to put up Colston numbers at all. But Colston proves you just never know. So I think Baker could be a solid number 2 WR oneday.

I never said that Wilson is an every down receiver, just that Baker isn't going to beat him out for a roster spot. Baker catches way too many balls in his chest, rather than with his hands, and speed does matter for a receiver (maybe not the 40 time, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think you need to be fast to be a receiver).

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I love this value pick, the guy could be a serious sleeper for us, I thought he'd go mid 5th round atleast.

DIESELMAN
04-30-2007, 09:00 AM
Besides Ward, Holmes, Washington and even Reid its all up in the air. Every website has a different scouting report on all college players, especially the ones who aren't popular. Below are 2 scouting reports on 2 different players, can you guess who they are?

He also has very good straight-line speed for a man his size. He doesn’t run particularly good routes as he doesn’t possess short-area quickness and is more of a long-strider. He will likely be asked to bulk up and play more of a receiving TE role.

Size and strength. He gets himself in position to make a catch and his size and strength help to keep the defender away from the ball. He'll get the ball at its highest point and can catch effectively with his hands. Once he has the ball, he's a load for a small DB to bring down. Baker is also a very willing and able blocker in the secondary. He has the frame to add additional bulk.

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
I'll come back on here later and give the answers.