PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 4th Round Selection - 2007 - Ryan Mc Bean DT - OSU

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 01:46 PM
Welcome to team !

We are stockpiling the defense that much is sure. Looks like we're also getting guys that are good ST players as well.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 01:47 PM
McBean is an excellent athlete with the knack for getting into the opponents backfield. He comes off the ball very quickly, and can disrupt plays before they start. He is not just a penetrator, he also has the strength to hold up at the point of attack and clog running lanes. McBean could bring the versatility to play inside in a 4-3, or outside in a 3-4 defense.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 01:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/mcbean_ryan
Video Footage: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft;_ylt=AjDKvBFtrsJG8Bh9mQNX8Ig5nYcB?round=4&dl=nfl

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 01:49 PM
McBean is an excellent athlete with the knack for getting into the opponents backfield. He comes off the ball very quickly, and can disrupt plays before they start. He is not just a penetrator, he also has the strength to hold up at the point of attack and clog running lanes. McBean could bring the versatility to play inside in a 4-3, or outside in a 3-4 defense.

Nice breakdown Koopa, and I agree with you. I think this draft is more clear that Tomlin really wants to run a hybrid type defense mixing both the 3-4/4-3.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I like the defensive picks :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 01:50 PM
This gives us some more options for our pass rush. He needs to refine his technique and get into football shape to last 60 minutes but he won't be starting so he'll offer us a good option to spell the starters and has a great motor.

I like the pick and it gives us some fresh blood on the DL. He's too big to play OLB in our base 34 scheme but he'll be good as a pass rusher in our 43 situations or if one of the starters goes down on the DL.

BB2W
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
I forgot about McBean, didn't know he was still available... he visited with the Steelers a few weeks ago.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Nice breakdown Koopa, and I agree with you. I think this draft is more clear that Tomlin really wants to run a hybrid type defense mixing both the 3-4/4-3.

lol it's from football future, i just wanted to beat prosdo with his profile :lol:

but yeah, this is showing we are gonna stay at 3-4 but run a hybrid as players develope, i like this pick, adds good depth, and reading his profile they said that his best football is ahead of him, so with some good coaching he could be a beast lol

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
lol it's from football future, i just wanted to beat prosdo with his profile :lol:

Remind me to ban you right before the next pick lol

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 01:55 PM
This is a very good pick for us. Our pass rush is going to be beastly this year !

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 01:56 PM
This is a very good pick for us. Our pass rush is going to be beastly this year !
But our oline isnt lookin to good

Koopa
04-29-2007, 01:58 PM

how is that??? you do know we have a bunch of talent for the last couple drafts still waiting their turn right??? you do know they have a lot of potential that cowher wouldn't allow to come out right??? we are fine on the line, it only seems like a big deal because faneca is acting like a bitch, but it's obviously not a big concern if they haven't even drafted one olinemen..........

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 01:59 PM

To you. Don't you think maybe Tomlin has a better feel on the players along our Oline then we do? He has watched alot of film on the players already on the roster so I'm willing to give him a chance.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Tomlin apparently thinks our OL at this point is fine. I would have liked us to get some OL depth in this draft too.

Smith, Faneca, Mahan, Okobi, Simmons, Starks, Kemoeatu, Essex, and Colon are apparently going to be his guys unless we go OL in the 5th round. Anyone at the OL past this is probably training camp fodder.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 02:01 PM
how is that??? you do know we have a bunch of talent for the last couple drafts still waiting their turn right??? you do know they have a lot of potential that cowher wouldn't allow to come out right??? we are fine on the line, it only seems like a big deal because faneca is acting like a bitch, but it's obviously not a big concern if they haven't even drafted one olinemen..........

Exactly Koopa.

Lets Max Starks, Chris Kemoeatu, Trai Essex, Willie Colon and Marvin Phillip all have been drafted the last three drafts before this draft. Maybe Tomlin likes what he has and is willing to give these guys a chance. Thats why I'm not freaking out about the Oline just yet.

I think its a concern since the Steelers couldn't run the ball on the road and the line gave up 49 sacks. But who knows maybe some of these young guys turn the corner this year.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 02:05 PM

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Come on,,,,,,,,have a little faith,everyone knows defense wins championships
Like TG said tomlin evidently is content with the offense,our draft proves that
Just gotta have faith in our coaches and let this all play out :bigthumb:

BB2W
04-29-2007, 02:23 PM
McBean is perfect for the three technique in the 4-3... It is the defensive tackle that usually plays cocked to the side with his shoulder in the gap. It is called the "three technique" because he lines up over the "three gap" on the outside shoulder of the gaurd. He usually tries to get in the gap and use his quickness to beat the gaurd one on one.

BB2W
04-29-2007, 05:47 PM
I'm liking this pick more and more too... He is gonna help the 4-3 looks they have in store for the future. :redcool:

Plus, he can play outside in the 3-4...

link: http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=26&a=386

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM

Read this, it might help.....:bigthumb: http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6184