PDA

View Full Version : Steelers 4th Round Selection - 2007 - Daniel Sepulveda - Punter - Baylor

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the Team... C ya Gardocki !!!

Ktrain's head is going to explode, there will be no living with him now !! :bluelol:

Here is his profile ! http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/sepulveda_daniel

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah K Train is going to be going nuts. Nice call though K.

K Train
04-29-2007, 11:59 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
That's it ??? That's all you got man? comon and gloat alittle you know you want too :lol:

BBC
04-29-2007, 12:05 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah! How awesome! We traded up for a freaking punter!

Tomlin, there's 7 rounds in a draft, not just the first two.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:07 PM
I like the pick. Gardocki is on his way out. This guy can help out the team.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:07 PM
For as often as our defense had to defend a short field because Gardocki couldn't bail us out, this is a good pick for us. This not only helps our coverage team because Sep will have great hang time and long kicks, but it helps our Defense so they are defending a short field all the time.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah! How awesome! We traded up for a freaking punter!

Tomlin, there's 7 rounds in a draft, not just the first two.

What did we trade to move up

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Our 4th 119 and a 6th rounder I believe

BBC
04-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Our 4th 119 and a 6th rounder I believe

Yep.

We just spend two picks on a punter.

Great.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 12:10 PM
For as often as our defense had to defend a short field because Gardocki couldn't bail us out, this is a good pick for us. This not only helps our coverage team because Sep will have great hang time and long kicks, but it helps our Defense so they are defending a short field all the time.

Well not only that Top but reading last night, Tomlin said he plans on using Harrison still on special teams. Plus Timmons and Woodley. So with the Sepulveda and his leg strength and with these guys on the coverage units. I would expect our special teams to be much improved.:tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
04-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Who will be available at 132 do you guys think. I see that Hunt is still there and I dont know if Dwayne Jarret went yet from USC. Just wanna know what you guys think. BTW good to be back on the board its been along time. So far I like all the picks accept the TE pick 3rd round. We need to look offense here pretty much the rest of the draft.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Who will be available at 132 do you guys think. I see that Hunt is still there and I dont know if Dwayne Jarret went yet from USC. Just wanna know what you guys think. BTW good to be back on the board its been along time. So far I like all the picks accept the TE pick 3rd round. We need to look offense here pretty much the rest of the draft.

Hunt was drafted by the Eagles in the 3rd round and Jarrett was drafted by the Panthers in the 2nd round.

Prosdo
Both are gone. Did Beekman go?

Stlrs4Life
I like this pick.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Both are gone. Did Beekman go?

Not yet Prosdo

BB2W
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
K Train got his guy... :helmet:

Koopa
04-29-2007, 12:33 PM
lol at bbc complaining, you act like our 4th rounder always sticks with the team......... we now got our franchise punter, and if you don't think that's a need you obviously don't care about all the phases of the game........... he will help big time......... also, we gave up one pick for him, we switched 4th rounders so that's not giving up a pick, and a 6th round pick is pointless..........

AZ_Steeler
04-29-2007, 12:53 PM
So who is your connection in the FO Kyle, that had you tagging this guy 5-6 months ago???

Good call!! :bigthumb:

House of Steel
04-29-2007, 01:14 PM
THIS ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! K-Train time to party, brother!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

okiesteeler
04-29-2007, 01:20 PM
and a punter from BAYLOR?????? They dont know **** about football in Baylor. They have to be the worst college team in the existance of the NCAA. Hopefully he is worth all the hype of KTrain. And worth the picks. I would prefer we dont ever punt, but I know that is not possible.

K Train
04-29-2007, 01:22 PM
im am amazing....just look at the avy

K Train
04-29-2007, 01:25 PM
and a punter from BAYLOR?????? They dont know **** about football in Baylor. They have to be the worst college team in the existance of the NCAA. Hopefully he is worth all the hype of KTrain. And worth the picks. I would prefer we dont ever punt, but I know that is not possible.

trust me this guy is a great punter, left footed punters **** with returners and he boots them 55+yards with a 5 second hangtime....this is actually huge. and thats amazing compared to gardockis 30 yard punts with 2 second hangtime and huge returns....plus sep tackles and he makes a point to do so when the opportunity presents itself....**** gardocki and **** barr.....we got our guy :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
That's the key right there for punters almost more than the length of punts but the hang time. Anybody with a strong leg can kick a ball 60 yds, but it takes technique to be able to hang it high and put it in the right spot for your coverage unit to catch up and make the play.

BB2W
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
and a punter from BAYLOR?????? They dont know **** about football in Baylor. They have to be the worst college team in the existance of the NCAA.So they should know something about punting... :greengrin:

okiesteeler
04-29-2007, 01:33 PM
So they should know something about punting... :greengrin:

Thats true, i guess I should have considered that.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-29-2007, 02:02 PM
I dont know why everyone is so jacked off about this draft... Tomlin in his first draft has addressed needs to continue to play STEELER football. 2 first round quality line backers, a run blocking 6'7 TE with redzone ability, and a MONSTER for a Punter, and FINALLY a DE known for his pass rush!!! I think this draft is already better than the previous few, we just drafted a fith rounder and i dont forsee any of these guys not making the 53 man roster!!!!! zGOOD JOB MIKE AND KEVIN!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 02:05 PM
If this guy lives up to half of his hype he'll be in the HOF :lol:

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Congrats to Ktrain, now will ya shut up about him already, :lol:
this is a good pick was looking forward to Barr taking over but I guess he just got kicked to the curb !!

BBC
04-29-2007, 02:14 PM
lol at bbc complaining, you act like our 4th rounder always sticks with the team......... we now got our franchise punter, and if you don't think that's a need you obviously don't care about all the phases of the game........... he will help big time......... also, we gave up one pick for him, we switched 4th rounders so that's not giving up a pick, and a 6th round pick is pointless..........

We spent two picks on him. The fourth that we actually drafted him with, and the 6th that we gave away. No punter is worth that. He made a tackle or two for Baylor and suddenly he was some hot commodity on SA. He's still a punter. We can sign one of those off the street and he'll be plenty capable. A "franchise punter?" That's laughable.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 02:16 PM
We spent two picks on him. The fourth that we actually drafted him with, and the 6th that we gave away. No punter is worth that. He made a tackle or two for Baylor and suddenly he was some hot commodity on SA. He's still a punter. We can sign one of those off the street and he'll be plenty capable. A "franchise punter?" That's laughable.

this is the best punter in the draft, you act like our 6th round picks always make the team, we had 9 picks in this draft, they all would not have made the team, it was worth it........you obviously just like offense and defense, but this was an important pick............

stillers4me
04-29-2007, 02:20 PM
This is why we moved up to get this guy....... he's a stud punter!

DANIEL WADE SEPULVEDA

Punter

Baylor University Bears

6:02.7-229

Dallas, Texas

Highland Park High School

4th Round – 112th Overall

OVERVIEW

Daniel Sepulveda has been one of the most consistent punters in college football annals, so, it was only fitting that he became the first two-time winner of the Ray Guy Award, given to the top punter in the nation…He earned the award as a sophomore in 2004 and was selected again after the 2006 season…The Guy Award is named for 2004 College Football Hall of Fame Inductee Ray Guy, widely consider the best punter in the history of the NFL…Sepulveda joins Mike Singletary (Davey O'Brien Award; 1979, 1980) as the only Baylor players to win a national award twice…Sepulveda is one of only the 13 players in NCAA Division I history to earn a major national award twice…He is the first to do so in non-consecutive seasons…His career punting average (45.24 yards per punt) is the best in the history of Division I football for players with at least 250 punts…He also established an NCAA record with 94 career punts of 50-plus yards…At Highland Park High School, Sepulveda battled through injuries while earning second-team academic All-State honors as a senior linebacker…The team posted a 22-3 in his last two seasons, as he helped the Scots advance to the quarterfinals of the playoffs and capture a district title his final year…He was a National Honor Society member and competed on the school's track team…After he was not recruited out of high school, Sepulveda enrolled at Baylor and joined the team as a walk-on outside linebacker…He competed on the scout team at that position in 2002, but despite not handling any punting duties since his junior high school days, he took over those duties for Baylor in 2003…He earned first-team All-Big Twelve Conference honors from College Football News and second-team recognition from league coaches, in addition to being selected first-team Academic All-Big Twelve…That year, he set a school season record with 26 punts for 50 yards or longer…He ranked 23rd in the nation with 87 punts for 3,750 yards (43.1 avg.), including 23 kicks that were downed inside the 20-yard line…However, he did have four of his attempts blocked, as teams averaged 11.0 yards per return vs. the Bears…With an off-season to hone his punting skills, the aspiring linebacker knew he met his calling in 2004 – he is now a punter, and an elite one at that…Sepulveda earned Ray Guy Award honors as he ranked third in the nation with a 45.97-yard average on 62 punts totaling 2,850 yards…He had 26 of his attempts downed inside the 20-yard line and team's managed just 217 yards on 23 returns, as the Bears finished fifth nationally with a 40.56-net yard average…Sepulveda became only the sixth two-time All-American in school history and first since free safety Thomas Everett in 1985 and 1986 after ranking second in the Big Twelve and third in the nation with a 46.18-yard punting average, kicking 62 times for 2,863 yards…That figure also ranked as the second-best single-season average in Baylor history…Nineteen of his punts were for 50 yards or longer, as he had 13 attempts downed inside the 20-yard line…The Bears finished 16th nationally with a 36.78-net yard average…As a senior, Sepulveda became a consensus All-American and two-time Ray Guy Award recipient…He led the nation in punting with an average of 46.48 yards per punt, the highest single-season average in school history…Baylor ranked third nationally in net punting at 39.01 yards per punt…Baylor opponents started no better than their own 20-yard line on 52 percent of Sepulveda's punts this season (34 of 66), including 26 punts inside the 20 (39 percent) and eight inside the 10 (12 percent)…He also had 25 of his attempts gain 50 yards or longer…In 45 games as the team's punter, Sepulveda had 277 attempts for 12,531 yards (45.24 avg.), with four blocked kicks…39 of his punts were ruled touchbacks and 82 were downed inside the 20-yard line…He had 94 of his boots gain at least 50 yards, including 21 from 60 yards out, with a career-long of 78 yards.

BBC
04-29-2007, 02:22 PM
this is the best punter in the draft, you act like our 6th round picks always make the team, we had 9 picks in this draft, they all would not have made the team, it was worth it........you obviously just like offense and defense, but this was an important pick............

Special teams is an important aspect of the game, but spending two picks on a punter is almost as ridiculous as spending a No. 9 overall pick on a punt returner. You just don't spend that much on a special teamer. The Steelers have 2 punters that are serviceable right now, there were a lot more needs out there that we could have addressed with those two picks than punter.

K Train
04-29-2007, 02:22 PM
This is why we moved up to get this guy.....have you ever seen a punter do this???????

www.baylortv.com/streaming/00...00kbps_str.asx

DANIEL WADE SEPULVEDA

Punter

Baylor University Bears

6:02.7-229

Dallas, Texas

Highland Park High School

4th Round – 112th Overall

OVERVIEW

Daniel Sepulveda has been one of the most consistent punters in college football annals, so, it was only fitting that he became the first two-time winner of the Ray Guy Award, given to the top punter in the nation…He earned the award as a sophomore in 2004 and was selected again after the 2006 season…The Guy Award is named for 2004 College Football Hall of Fame Inductee Ray Guy, widely consider the best punter in the history of the NFL…Sepulveda joins Mike Singletary (Davey O'Brien Award; 1979, 1980) as the only Baylor players to win a national award twice…Sepulveda is one of only the 13 players in NCAA Division I history to earn a major national award twice…He is the first to do so in non-consecutive seasons…His career punting average (45.24 yards per punt) is the best in the history of Division I football for players with at least 250 punts…He also established an NCAA record with 94 career punts of 50-plus yards…At Highland Park High School, Sepulveda battled through injuries while earning second-team academic All-State honors as a senior linebacker…The team posted a 22-3 in his last two seasons, as he helped the Scots advance to the quarterfinals of the playoffs and capture a district title his final year…He was a National Honor Society member and competed on the school's track team…After he was not recruited out of high school, Sepulveda enrolled at Baylor and joined the team as a walk-on outside linebacker…He competed on the scout team at that position in 2002, but despite not handling any punting duties since his junior high school days, he took over those duties for Baylor in 2003…He earned first-team All-Big Twelve Conference honors from College Football News and second-team recognition from league coaches, in addition to being selected first-team Academic All-Big Twelve…That year, he set a school season record with 26 punts for 50 yards or longer…He ranked 23rd in the nation with 87 punts for 3,750 yards (43.1 avg.), including 23 kicks that were downed inside the 20-yard line…However, he did have four of his attempts blocked, as teams averaged 11.0 yards per return vs. the Bears…With an off-season to hone his punting skills, the aspiring linebacker knew he met his calling in 2004 – he is now a punter, and an elite one at that…Sepulveda earned Ray Guy Award honors as he ranked third in the nation with a 45.97-yard average on 62 punts totaling 2,850 yards…He had 26 of his attempts downed inside the 20-yard line and team's managed just 217 yards on 23 returns, as the Bears finished fifth nationally with a 40.56-net yard average…Sepulveda became only the sixth two-time All-American in school history and first since free safety Thomas Everett in 1985 and 1986 after ranking second in the Big Twelve and third in the nation with a 46.18-yard punting average, kicking 62 times for 2,863 yards…That figure also ranked as the second-best single-season average in Baylor history…Nineteen of his punts were for 50 yards or longer, as he had 13 attempts downed inside the 20-yard line…The Bears finished 16th nationally with a 36.78-net yard average…As a senior, Sepulveda became a consensus All-American and two-time Ray Guy Award recipient…He led the nation in punting with an average of 46.48 yards per punt, the highest single-season average in school history…Baylor ranked third nationally in net punting at 39.01 yards per punt…Baylor opponents started no better than their own 20-yard line on 52 percent of Sepulveda's punts this season (34 of 66), including 26 punts inside the 20 (39 percent) and eight inside the 10 (12 percent)…He also had 25 of his attempts gain 50 yards or longer…In 45 games as the team's punter, Sepulveda had 277 attempts for 12,531 yards (45.24 avg.), with four blocked kicks…39 of his punts were ruled touchbacks and 82 were downed inside the 20-yard line…He had 94 of his boots gain at least 50 yards, including 21 from 60 yards out, with a career-long of 78 yards.

lol....we know this....trust me....we know lol

K Train
04-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Special teams is an important aspect of the game, but spending two picks on a punter is almost as ridiculous as spending a No. 9 overall pick on a punt returner. You just don't spend that much on a special teamer. The Steelers have 2 punters that are serviceable right now, there were a lot more needs out there that we could have addressed with those two picks than punter.

we used one 6th round pick and swapped 4th rounders....this guy is great player and having someone like him is like having an extra player on the field for our ridiculous ST unit....this is huge, special teams is way underrated

Koopa
04-29-2007, 02:37 PM

we had a awful special team unit last year, and one reason was we had a bad punter........this was a big need...... and again, the last few years our 4th rounders have not made the team, so at least now we finally get value for our picks, and a six rounder is worthless pretty much, it would've just been a practice squad player that ends up never making it............ so this was an awesome move by tomlin and cobert to get value for their early day 2 picks and i applaud them for trading up and getting him, because obviously he would've been gone by the time we picked in the 4th round...........

K Train
04-29-2007, 02:38 PM
d-sep is gonna get more replys than timmons lol....mission accomplished

BBC
04-29-2007, 02:45 PM
we had a awful special team unit last year, and one reason was we had a bad punter........this was a big need...... and again, the last few years our 4th rounders have not made the team, so at least now we finally get value for our picks, and a six rounder is worthless pretty much, it would've just been a practice squad player that ends up never making it............ so this was an awesome move by tomlin and cobert to get value for their early day 2 picks and i applaud them for trading up and getting him, because obviously he would've been gone by the time we picked in the 4th round...........

Yeah, 6th round picks are worthless. Guys like Tom Brady should even bother entering the draft, right?

Daniel averaged 43.3 yards per punt last season. Chris averaged 41.3. Maybe I'm missing the huge improvement that was worth two draft picks. Oh! But he tackled this one guy after one of his punts! :rolleyes:

Koopa
04-29-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah, 6th round picks are worthless. Guys like Tom Brady should even bother entering the draft, right?

Daniel averaged 43.3 yards per punt last season. Chris averaged 41.3. Maybe I'm missing the huge improvement that was worth two draft picks. Oh! But he tackled this one guy after one of his punts! :rolleyes:

there is no tom brady's in this draft, i f'king hate when ppl do that ****, try to find the next this or that, the fact is, we needed a punter big time, and we got the best one in the draft.......... but i guess that's why you are sitting on a computer and tomlin and colbert are making smart picks, they know what we need, and they got it............ it's a great pick whether or not mr bbc here likes it or not...........

BBC
04-29-2007, 02:52 PM
there is no tom brady's in this draft, i f'king hate when ppl do that ****, try to find the next this or that, the fact is, we needed a punter big time, and we got the best one in the draft.......... but i guess that's why you are sitting on a computer and tomlin and colbert are making smart picks, they know what we need, and they got it............ it's a great pick whether or not mr bbc here likes it or not...........

And somehow you know that there are no Tom Brady's, right? Because there has ever been a draft where a player drafted in a later round didn't make an impact on a team?

Don't kid yourself. We gave up two picks on a position that wasn't even a need for the Steelers. We have two capable punters already, we just drafted a third with much similar numbers to the one that was already on the current roster. Just because a poster here was swinging on his nuts all off-season doesn't make this a great or a smart pick.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 02:55 PM
I wonder what the net averages for both players were last year? If Sepulveda has more hangtime then the aging Gardocki and I'm sure he does then that will help our kick coverage units out alot. I'm not one for drafting punters either since you can find one without drafting one. But this guy is the best punter in the draft and I really have no problems with the pick since the Steelers special teams havn't been so special lately.lol

Hopefully Sepulveda can kickoff to and that will help since Reed blows at kickoffs.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 02:55 PM
wtf?? not a need??? you ain't a scout, you ain't a coach........ it's obvious it was a need if they traded up for it........

and since tom brady, how many tom brady's have there been late in the draft??? name one, go ahead...... cause i haven't seen any.......... it was a once in every 20 year pick...............

K Train
04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
yeah to bad there isnt an average hangtime calculated because you would see a 2 second one for gardocki along with huge returns

BBC
04-29-2007, 03:00 PM
wtf?? not a need??? you ain't a scout, you ain't a coach........ it's obvious it was a need if they traded up for it........

Ummm...you "ain't"" any of those things either.

An obvious need? Despite having two punters already on the roster, one of whom had an average just 2 yards shy of what Daniel put up?

But I guess only scouts and coaches are qualified to count.

and since tom brady, how many tom brady's have there been late in the draft??? name one, go ahead...... cause i haven't seen any.......... it was a once in every 20 year pick...............

Marques Colston. TJ Housmandzedeh. Jason Taylor. Zach Thomas. Hines Ward.

Need I continue? Impact players are drafted in later rounds every single year. To say that a 6th round pick is meaningless is absurd.

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 03:02 PM
:popcorn:

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:02 PM
6th round picks are pretty much worthless when you have a roster as full as us though

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 03:05 PM
To say drafting a punter at times is absurd to. I don't think I have to remind you of the Steelers special teams melt downs over the years. It cost us a trip to the Super Bowl against the Pats in 2001. So I really have no problem if Tomlin wants to put extra attention to the special teams this draft.

I liked Barr to and I felt he out kicked Gardocki the last couple of training camps and pre-seasons. But there was a reason he was cut the last three years.lol I think this guy will be our punter for the next 10-15 years.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Ummm...you "ain't"" any of those things either.

An obvious need? Despite having two punters already on the roster, one of whom had an average just 2 yards shy of what Daniel put up?

But I guess only scouts and coaches are qualified to count.

Marques Colston. TJ Housmandzedeh. Jason Taylor. Zach Thomas. Hines Ward.

Need I continue? Impact players are drafted in later rounds every single year. To say that a 6th round pick is meaningless is absurd.

lmao @ you, you'll never change, when you are getting owned in a debate you start trying to act like it's school and start trying to point out grammar instead of just arguing your point..........

again, there's a reason you are at home complaining and colbert and tomlin are sitting in the war room making picks, they know this team far better then you'll ever, and they felt a punter is a need, and it is, we have garbage punters, now we have the best punter in the draft.............

and again, there probably wasn't any of those types in this draft, also, ward was a 3rd round pick, colston was a 7th round pick, tj was 7th round pick, taylor 3rd round pick, zach was 5th round pick....... and we still have our 7th round pick, and we already used our 3rd rounder on a te.......... so again, you have no point, so go look for some grammar errors to bring up since you can't win this argument, everything you dish is easily thrown out the window

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 03:08 PM
I was actually pretty excited about Barr, and part of the reason he was cut every year was because Cowher was so infatuated with Gardocki's 4 million punts without having 1 blocked that I think it really left Barr out to dry. Since we have Sep now, this spells the end for Gardocki and Barr will once again be wearing a uniform only in preseason.

BBC
04-29-2007, 03:13 PM
lmao @ you, you'll never change, when you are getting owned in a debate you start trying to act like it's school and start trying to point out grammar instead of just arguing your point..........

Right, because I didn't argue my point in that post? Maybe if I use ain't I'll look like more of a badass on the internet. Ain't that right?

again, there's a reason you are at home complaining and colbert and tomlin are sitting in the war room making picks, they know this team far better then you'll ever, and they felt a punter is a need, and it is, we have garbage punters, now we have the best punter in the draft.............

Garbage punters that kicked for only 2 less yards per punt, right? :rolleyes:

That's fine though, I'll remember your stance about "sitting at home" the next time you attempt to criticize anything any team ever does. Because after all, there's a reason Matt Millen is in the war room. :rolleyes:

and again, there probably wasn't any of those types in this draft, also, ward was a 3rd round pick, colston was a 7th round pick, tj was 7th round pick, taylor 3rd round pick, zach was 5th round pick....... and we still have our 7th round pick, and we already used our 3rd rounder on a te.......... so again, you have no point, so go look for some grammar errors to bring up since you can't win this argument, everything you dish is easily thrown out the window

Exactly, all of those guys were taken in later rounds. But of course, you somehow know for a fact that there were none of those types in this draft (there's a reason they're called 'hidden' gems). If you want to just throw away all later round picks as meaningless, there would be a lot less current Pro Bowlers in the league right now.

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:15 PM
dude who cares about the average in distance...its the hangtime that matters

sometimes you dont have 50 yards to kick with....he places punts where he needs to.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 03:16 PM

no no k train, bbc here is GOD, and we must all bow down to him and speak proper english...........

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
BBC, if you havn't noticed the Steelers have been throwing away their second day picks the last few years. Especially the 2004 draft.lol So yes I agree you can always find that gem but lately the Steelers sure havn't done that.lol So I have no problems with Sepulveda just as long he lives up to his draft status.

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
no no k train, bbc here is GOD, and we must all bow down to him and speak proper english...........

oh...i wasnt aware of that

:willybs:

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Check out this hang time :whiz: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:popcorn:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 03:22 PM
I dont know why everyone is so jacked off about this draft... Tomlin in his first draft has addressed needs to continue to play STEELER football. 2 first round quality line backers, a run blocking 6'7 TE with redzone ability, and a MONSTER for a Punter, and FINALLY a DE known for his pass rush!!! I think this draft is already better than the previous few, we just drafted a fith rounder and i dont forsee any of these guys not making the 53 man roster!!!!! zGOOD JOB MIKE AND KEVIN!!!

:bigthumb: Tomlin is gettin who he wants, thats all that matters!!

Koopa
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
tomlin was just on, and was talking about d-sep, and he likes the guy a lot...... tomlin is a genius, we are all used to wasting second day draft picks when cowher was here, but not no more, tomlin knows talent, and knows value........

BB2W
04-29-2007, 03:24 PM
Tomlin just spoke on Sepulveda... he said they liked him because he is so decorated and he came to Baylor as a linebacker and they like his mentality. He also said he is a high character guy...

He also joked that they punt a lot in Baylor...

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 03:25 PM
BBC, if you havn't noticed the Steelers have been throwing away their second day picks the last few years. Especially the 2004 draft.lol So yes I agree you can always find that gem but lately the Steelers sure havn't done that.lol So I have no problems with Sepulveda just as long he lives up to his draft status.

Destiny.....a converted LB to a punter, thats what the **** I'm talkin about, plus hes a Ray Guy award winner!!!

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:26 PM
dude tomlin had a great interveiw and now they are all over him and what hes doing

MillerTime83
04-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I think Tomlin is drafting to help our special teams. He knows that the NFL has 3 main phases and the steelers were pretty bad on ST last year. Note alot of this was because of lack of experience from rookie players, but there shold be no excuses next year. Tomlin is beefing up the special teams. All our first 4 players will go into ST and make an impact.

Note: we are not that far off from anouther superbowl as it was before.

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:27 PM
i doubt timmons plays much ST.....i think he will start day one

Koopa
04-29-2007, 03:32 PM
i just read an interview with d-sep, and he said he talked with matt mcbride, and he told him a few things, i hope he can be as good as mcbride, if he is, we have a beast on our hands lol

BBC
04-29-2007, 03:32 PM

sometimes you dont have 50 yards to kick with....he places punts where he needs to.

Distance doesn't matter, yet everyone was just bitching that Chris only punted the ball 30 yards a couple pages back in this thread.

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:33 PM
you didnt notice all the 30 yard kicks? i dont care what his average was....we punted a billion times last year

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 03:36 PM
i doubt timmons plays much ST.....i think he will start day one

I read on the Steelers official site that Timmons and Woodley both will play special teams.

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Tht was the main reason we got Gar****i, he used to be able to drop the ball inside the 10 consistently. Hell now he can't punt a 40 yarder to save his life!!

Koopa
04-29-2007, 03:38 PM
I read on the Steelers official site that Timmons and Woodley both will play special teams.

i read the same thing.........and they seemed excited about it, well at least woodley did......... timmons won't start right away, haggans will win over just cause he's been there longer, and harrison is gonna be beastly for the 4 games he plays before he breaks himself running out of the tunnel during player introductions..........

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Plus the fact Gardocki's cap number is 1.7 thats just to much for an old punter with decling length strength.

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:45 PM
koopa thats ****ed up lol...harrison is a beast and hes gonna have a good year, he got hurt in a freak accident on a kickoff lol. He'll be fine lol

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Whether we picked Sepulveda or not Gar****i should've been released last year.....as more time goes by and more things add up, I am so ****ing happy Cowher is gone!!!

K Train
04-29-2007, 03:46 PM
lol not to mention if harrison does get hurt....sep can fill in :bigthumb: :lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Whether we picked Sepulveda or not Gar****i should've been released last year.....as more time goes by and more things add up, I am so ****ing happy Cowher is gone!!!

Dude I'm so glad Cowher is gone. I liked Bill Cowher but it was time for a change. I think this new perspective will do this team alot of good.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 03:53 PM
koopa thats ****ed up lol...harrison is a beast and hes gonna have a good year, he got hurt in a freak accident on a kickoff lol. He'll be fine lol

he seems to have a lot of freak accidents lol, so i think this year he'll have a different one and it will be running out of the tunnel, he'll trip over a camera guy and break himself........

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Dude I'm so glad Cowher is gone. I liked Bill Cowher but it was time for a change. I think this new perspective will do this team alot of good.

Yeah me and you both bro, I;ll give him props for his early years but when a blind man can see some of the **** he ****ed up, then its time for a change.

tony hipchest
05-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Special teams is an important aspect of the game, but spending two picks on a punter is almost as ridiculous as spending a No. 9 overall pick on a punt returner. You just don't spend that much on a special teamer. The Steelers have 2 punters that are serviceable right now, there were a lot more needs out there that we could have addressed with those two picks than punter.while im not too sore on the pick (steelers 4th rounders, and all 2nd day picks have pretty much sucked for much of this century), i am actually glad to have a player that will actually make the 53 man roster and save about a half a mil or so off the cap.

definitely ironic though that sepulveda proved to be more valuable than randy moss and his picks coulda easilly been used to trade up for m. bush or draft bush with our third and trade up to get our TE in the 4th.

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Why not use other picks to move up in the 4th. It's not like that 6th round or any of the 7th round players have a history of being impact type players on our team. Yes I know there is always the Willie Parkers in the draft but overall as bad as our ST were last year and Gardocki getting old I don't have a problem taking him in the 4th. He's got a cannon for a leg and thats what we need when our offense sputters and we need to get bailed out. It's a win-win situation for the defense and ST.

okiesteeler
05-01-2007, 12:47 AM
A converted LB, turned punter, I would hate to be the defender that decides he is going to rough our punter.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
05-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Willie Parker wasn't even in the draft

K Train
05-01-2007, 04:20 PM
I give willie his credit but he did suck in the limited playing time he got in college...he didnt go undrafted without reason....he has grown alot since being with us, its not like willie has bee pro ready all along.

D-Sep is crazy, hes as close as you can get to a superstar punter

BlitzburghRockCity
05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
What other 4th round pick in Steeler history would get this much attention ? :lol:

SteelerSal
05-01-2007, 04:57 PM
What other 4th round pick in Steeler history would get this much attention ? :lol:

WR Fred Gibson, but in the opposite way.:banging:

SteelerSal
05-01-2007, 04:59 PM
A converted LB, turned punter, I would hate to be the defender that decides he is going to rough our punter.

We got the 2nd best linebacker to come out of Baylor. The best was Mike Singletary.:lol:

K Train
05-06-2007, 06:44 PM
12:05 p.m.: The Steelers have pulled a coup! Cowboys Pro Bowl punter Mat McBriar breathed a sigh of relief when the Steelers took Baylor punter Daniel Sepulveda with the 112th pick of this draft. The Cowboys elected not to let McBriar and Sepulveda compete for world punting domination.

You know Sepulveda's a stud when the Floyd Casey Stadium crowd at Baylor would cheer wildly in fourth-and-long situations.

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
05-06-2007, 09:14 PM
The kid has a lot of hype to live up too, let's hope it doesn't go to his head.

Koopa
05-06-2007, 11:25 PM
i don't think he has a lot of hype to live up too, it's just k train has hyped the **** out of him it makes it seem like there's a lot of hype

BlitzburghRockCity
05-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Well yes ktrain has made him out to be the 2nd coming, that much is clear...but I do think that the team is really counting on him to step up to the plate this year and he has had a lot of college success so hopefully he stays grounded and just kicks the shiat outta that ball :bluelol:

BlackGold4vr
05-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I will feel a whole lot better on those occasions that we are forced to punt from our own end zone. Chances to actually make the other team start on the other side of the 50 are a lot better than they were before. :lol:

steelcurtaingal
05-07-2007, 08:14 AM
what, he isnt the seond coming? has anyone told Ktrain?:lol: . i hope he can live up to all the good stuff i have heard about him. maybe we will see some 50-60 yard punts, its been a while since we saw some of those:lol: .

K Train
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
just wait......lol

steelcurtaingal
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
dont worry k-train, we are:lol:

K Train
05-11-2007, 05:36 PM
i hope we can get some quality pics of him as a steeler after mini camp lol, he needs be be a sig!

BlitzburghNation
05-11-2007, 05:41 PM
Gotta be the most posts a kicker has ever gotten :lol: :lol: :lol:

Steelerlyn
05-20-2007, 09:31 PM

<Gotta be the most posts a kicker has ever gotten>

I gotta agree with that!

K Train
05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
hes not just a kicker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hes a punter! :lol: