04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
The New England Pats traded a 4th rounder for Randy Moss
Moss is having his physical now

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Has NE gone mad? lol

House of Steel
04-29-2007, 10:42 AM
That just puts the PAST on the radar for SB 42 :cursin: OH COME ON!!!!

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 10:48 AM
Brady to Moss :touchdownrun: Damn!
Explains why they only had 1 pick yesterday........they need all that money to give to moss and not high Draft picks

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
IMO New England sets the bar for how to run a franchise. They make great moves in free agency and they still manage to be one of the most active teams on draft day. Would love to trade up GM's with the Pats. Lets see if they can stay on top with Colbert steering the ship :hilarious:

Who is their GM? Is it Scott Paoli?

Whoever they have over there he is brilliant!

House of Steel
04-29-2007, 10:58 AM
I think we need to take lessons from New England on how to run a great franchise, I have to hand it to them, they are brilliant.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 10:59 AM
IMO New England sets the bar for how to run a franchise. They make great moves in free agency and they still manage to be one of the most active teams on draft day. Would love to trade up GM's with the Pats. Lets see if they can stay on top with Colbert steering the ship :hilarious:

Why even play the 2007 season. Lets crown the Patriots Champions now.:nono: :nahnah:

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I wish we would move picks around like they do.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM

You're very true, they have the same salary cap number as every one else does yet they manage to address so many needs in the draft with quality players that produce on the filed. All along we sit here with day 1 picks that are great but a bunch of day 2 scrubs who couldn't make a practice squad !

AZ_Steeler
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
This now answers the question as to why they started yesterday with 2 first round picks and came away with only 1 pick all day. They are basically saying screw the draft we are going after veteran players that know what they are doing! This pickup now gives them probably the best WR core in the league besides Detroit ;) because they also picked Stalworth from the Eagles!

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
I can't remember who posted it here but it has to do alot with the types of contract we give our players and the reconstucting of contracts :yesnod: That's where we get f*cked

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
****! we should have game them our 4th round pick..........

i know, we don't have the Blings http://img02.picoodle.com/img/img02/8/4/29/f_36136m_f93bb22.gif (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img02&img=/8/4/29/f_36136m_f93bb22.gif)

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 11:36 AM
Reports on yahoo.com are saying the following:

Breaking News
Patriots to acquire Randy Moss
Randy Moss' days as a Raider appear to be done. Oakland has reportedly agreed to send the disgruntled wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round pick.

My wife won't let e watch the draft today, since it was on the TV for 11 hours yesterday, even though I was kinda sleeping. I dunno if this has been reported on ESPN yet.

Kinda sucks, the Pats are looking good next year.

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Alittle late there TEE :yesnod:

K Train
04-29-2007, 12:40 PM
this never works out...loading up like this, it just doesnt work

PsychoWard
04-29-2007, 01:02 PM
they said earlier that moss ran a 4.29 last week!!!! that is sick i think is is going to do well there!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok, Tom Brady likes to spread the ball around. Hell you have to give Randy Moss the ball constantly to keep him happy. He has to prove that he is willing to fit into a team first attitude that the Pats are known for.

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Alittle late there TEE :yesnod:

no kidding...I looked...i must missed Blitz's thread.

AZ_Steeler
04-29-2007, 01:16 PM
His thread was in the Steelers Draft Forum...

BB2W
04-29-2007, 01:38 PM
The Patriots are like the Yankees of the NFL... How do they do it?

SteelerSteve
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
This now answers the question as to why they started yesterday with 2 first round picks and came away with only 1 pick all day. They are basically saying screw the draft we are going after veteran players that know what they are doing! This pickup now gives them probably the best WR core in the league besides Detroit ;) because they also picked Stalworth from the Eagles! Free Agents are a great way to make an immediate impact, but the draft is the best way to build a franchise. The patriots need to learn that:2cents:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 11:45 PM
NE also got a 2008 1st rd pick from SF by giving them one of their 1st rd (28) picks, SF turned around and used it to get Joe Staley. SF also gave up a 2007 4th rd pick. NE was plenty busy this year and it will show on the field. Maybe once Colbert and Tomlin have a few years to work together, they will show the same savviness.

Koopa
04-29-2007, 11:51 PM
this is a pretty good move, when randy is on a team that is winning he's a ****ing monster....... they will be favorites for sure........ they are gonna be crazy tough next year............ but...... all these moves they are making are to win now, the longevity of this won't be long....... so i don't think the rooney's need to get advise from them, because the steelers may not win it every year, but every year for the most part are in contention, the pats in a couple of years will fade back to their old selves while the steelers will stay steady doing it...............

SteelerSteve
04-29-2007, 11:58 PM
this is a pretty good move, when randy is on a team that is winning he's a ****ing monster....... they will be favorites for sure........ they are gonna be crazy tough next year............ but...... all these moves they are making are to win now, the longevity of this won't be long....... so i don't think the rooney's need to get advise from them, because the steelers may not win it every year, but every year for the most part are in contention, the pats in a couple of years will fade back to their old selves while the steelers will stay steady doing it...............I read somewhere that since 1992 no team has won more games than us steelers, thats saying something. Dont think we need to change our strategy at all.:tt02:

steelcurtaingal
04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Brady to Moss? damnit, and we have to play them this year dont we? NE knows waht to do with free agency, and drafting that is for sure.

TampaSteelGirl
04-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I think it was a smart move, they really didnt' need the draft pick. I think if Randy can keep his mouth shut and all the other players they've picked up they are going to be a scarey team this year. I hope not but it seems that way to me. :banging:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 01:47 PM
I'm still holding to the fact that Randy will have a game were he only gets 3 or 4 catches and will turn into the moody/disgruntled WR. We all know Thomas loves to spread the ball around. When Randy isn't the focal point of the offense he just disappears during games.

steelcurtaingal
04-30-2007, 02:01 PM
I'm still holding to the fact that Randy will have a game were he only gets 3 or 4 catches and will turn into the moody/disgruntled WR. We all know Thomas loves to spread the ball around. When Randy isn't the focal point of the offense he just disappears during games.

We can hope:dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 02:10 PM
We can hope:dunno:

Its not hope. Its a proven fact. When Randy isn't the focal point in a game he losses his focus and intrest during a game. He even did that in his days with the Vikings when he truely was one of the best WRs in the NFL. Maybe he will buy into the team first attitude of the New England Pats. But I doubt it. But for the Pats it was a great move since they only gave up a 4th round pick. So if he is the same old Randy Moss it only cost the Pats a 4th rounder.

The Pats spent a ton this off-season to get Tom Brady some weapons. They also brought in Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker. The Pats also have two good TEs in Ben Watson and Dave Thomas. Plus they will run the ball with Laurence Maroney. I just don't see how Randy will get the ball enough to keep him happy. The Pats were a threat without Randy Moss. With Moss I see a team cancer that can destroy a team just like another certain ego maniac WR did.

steelcurtaingal
04-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Its not hope. Its a proven fact. When Randy isn't the focal point in a game he losses his focus and intrest during a game. He even did that in his days with the Vikings when he truely was one of the best WRs in the NFL. Maybe he will buy into the team first attitude of the New England Pats. But I doubt it. But for the Pats it was a great move since they only gave up a 4th round pick. So if he is the same old Randy Moss it only cost the Pats a 4th rounder.

The Pats spent a ton this off-season to get Tom Brady some weapons. They also brought in Donte Stallworth and Wes Welker. The Pats also have two good TEs in Ben Watson and Dave Thomas. Plus they will run the ball with Laurence Maroney. I just don't see how Randy will get the ball enough to keep him happy. The Pats were a threat without Randy Moss. With Moss I see a team cancer that can destroy a team just like another certain ego maniac WR did.

oh, i wasnt disagreeing with you on that.. i am just hoping that new england makes sure they dont make him the focal point in the game. which should not be an issue, since its all about brady on that team anyways.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 02:24 PM
oh, i wasnt disagreeing with you on that.. i am just hoping that new england makes sure they dont make him the focal point in the game. which should not be an issue, since its all about brady on that team anyways.

Oh, Tom Brady won't make Randy the focal point. He loves to spread the ball around and I wouldn't expect that to change one bit especially with all the new WR's brought in. The Pats don't have to prove a thing. Its Randy Moss that has to prove he is a "team first guy" instead of a "me first guy". I just don't this is going to work out like most think it is. Alot of people already are handing the Lombardi back to the Pats. Sure the Pats will be in the play-offs but to say they're going to win it all with an aging Randy Moss that has shut it down the last few years is a bit pre-mature. The guy is talented and still has the skills but his track record speaks for itself in being a me first type of player.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-30-2007, 04:37 PM
This is Moss' last chance, if he blows this he's more of a classless idiot than even I thought. The Pats are a respected, professional organization and that locker room won't put up with that me first attitude that he carries around with him. Moss finally has the chance to showcase himself since he left the Vikings so he better take advantage of it and keep his mouth shut and just play the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM
This is Moss' last chance, if he blows this he's more of a classless idiot than even I thought. The Pats are a respected, professional organization and that locker room won't put up with that me first attitude that he carries around with him. Moss finally has the chance to showcase himself since he left the Vikings so he better take advantage of it and keep his mouth shut and just play the game.

I think thats a big "if" my good friend about Randy.lol

DIESELMAN
05-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Brady to Moss? damnit, and we have to play them this year dont we? NE knows waht to do with free agency, and drafting that is for sure.

A couple of routes across the middle will take the taste of playing football out of Stallworth and Moss's mouth. Polamalu and company will get their respect by knocking the **** out of both those guys. On top of that neither Moss or Stallworth are noted for their crisp route running, thats something Brady will have to get used to also. One more thing **** NE!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

steelcurtaingal
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
A couple of routes across the middle will take the taste of playing football out of Stallworth and Moss's mouth. Polamalu and company will get their respect by knocking the **** out of both those guys. On top of that neither Moss or Stallworth are noted for their crisp route running, thats something Brady will have to get used to also. One more thing **** NE!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

i like the idea of that:yesnod: . its better than the idea of being crushed the the patsies.

25MVPKing
05-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Moss and Stallworth aren't accustomed to having to cross the middle in the AFC. Watch for Wes Welker to shine!

That said, I wonder if Bill Belichick thinks he is the best coach ever--the one who can take Randy Moss, draft Brandon Meriweather (head stomper), and still win. Mike & MIKE were talking about that this morning. Going for classless talent has exploded in the faces of many!

TampaSteelGirl
05-01-2007, 01:13 PM

Very true!!! :lol: