PDA

View Full Version : Typical Steelers Draft ?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Early indications are that we are headed for a typical Steelers draft. We have 9 picks and there's no way all 9 players would make the team so it seems to be to be wasted picks. We've got all these picks, why not package some and move back up into the 2nd or get another 3rd round pick and try to address some depth needs we have with quality players ?

We are never active in FA and we always preach how important the draft is but the majority of the time we just sit there and wait for something to happen instead of being proactive. It just drives me nuts !! :scratch:

I like the Timmons pick, I think Woodley can be something special so our pass rush is definitely being upgraded with versatile players but damn let's be alittle more proactive in our players and stop ending up with a group of Day 2 players that are nothing more than camp fodder.

strong D
04-28-2007, 09:04 PM
would love to see them trde up and grab either kalil or bush

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 09:06 PM
They still might make a move. In 2004 and 2006 they made trades in the 2nd round. In 2004 the Steelers traded up to draft Ricardo and last year they traded out of the 2nd round.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 09:15 PM
I was talking with BG4vr about this which is what got me really thinking that we had better start making some noise in rounds 2 and 3 because track record on Day 2 the last several years has left much to be desired.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 09:16 PM
I was talking with BG4vr about this which is what got me really thinking that we had better start making some noise in rounds 2 and 3 because track record on Day 2 the last several years has left much to be desired.

Our 2nd day picks have flat out sucked the last few years. So yes adding another 2nd round pick or 3rd round pick would be nice.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 09:22 PM
I swear if we do the same thing as we have in the last few years and end up with a bunch of guys who do nothing for us Im calling for Colbert's head on a platter ! :cursin:

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2007, 09:35 PM
So what if we trade up get more "quality players" and eat up the cap room?? That don't make much sense to me either...:2cents:

strong D
04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
So what if we trade up get more "quality players" and eat up the cap room?? That don't make much sense to me either...:2cents:

ok but does it make sense to you to draft a bunch of scrubs who dont even make the team

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 09:41 PM
There will be plenty of players that don't make the team and there are players on the bubble right now who will be cut. The more quality guys we have, the more chances we have of getting potential stars to step in rather than wasting late day 2 picks on guys who know you won't make the team based on past experience.

Believe me I would love to see us make all the right moves in this draft, I just don't know for sure yet what our strategy is and it's drives me nuts :lol: