PDA

View Full Version : Quinn & Thomas will not save Crennel...

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Props to the Clowns for pulling off the trade of the day so far by getting Joe Thomas and then trading back up in the 1st round to get Brady Quinn at 22. I do think they over paid though based on the value board of moving up to that spot normally. Dallas took the Browns to the cleaners on this one IMO but either way the clowns got what they wanted.

BUT...... does anybody really think this will save Romeo Crennel in 2007? Think about it, the Clowns have a LONG way to go and now they have a franchise LT who will take time to be the rock they need to be and they have the franchise QB they wanted but it's not like he's going to come in right away and be an instant success. He's going to need time to develop, along with the rest of the team in general that stinks every year and Crennel doesn't have that kind of time if you ask me, he needs to win more games now, not in a couple years.

:2cents:

Gr8N8
04-28-2007, 05:05 PM
Let's play: "Who said that Phrase"

Yo Brady! Throw me da ball.

http://www.isitfast.com/images/CyclePics/zx7crash.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Props to the Clowns for pulling off the trade of the day so far by getting Joe Thomas and then trading back up in the 1st round to get Brady Quinn at 22. I do think they over paid though based on the value board of moving up to that spot normally. Dallas took the Browns to the cleaners on this one IMO but either way the clowns got what they wanted.

BUT...... does anybody really think this will save Romeo Crennel in 2007? Think about it, the Clowns have a LONG way to go and now they have a franchise LT who will take time to be the rock they need to be and they have the franchise QB they wanted but it's not like he's going to come in right away and be an instant success. He's going to need time to develop, along with the rest of the team in general that stinks every year and Crennel doesn't have that kind of time if you ask me, he needs to win more games now, not in a couple years.

:2cents:

I don't know as of right now. But one thing Joe Thomas can come in right away and contribute. Look at the Chargers they drafted Marcus McNeil in the 2nd round and he started at LT for the Chargers as a rookie.

I think Joe Thomas was the smartest draft pick the Browns have made since being back in the NFL. You have to have a good OLine to have success in the NFL and drafting a franchise LT is the first step. Plus they added Steinbach in free agency.

As for Quinn....I think he is over-rated but I do think he has the talent to be good but not great.

BB2W
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I think Quinn buys Crennel another year. Thomas is a lock... I can't see him being a bust. :2cents:

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 05:40 PM
Let's play: "Who said that Phrase"

Yo Brady! Throw me da ball.

http://www.isitfast.com/images/CyclePics/zx7crash.jpg

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

That is too funny. I think Browns fans are going to hold their breaths here and hope that Training Camp Curse doesn't show its ugly face to try and take one or both of them out. The last few years it has gotten the First Round Picks with the bug. Can you say a Double Whammy about to happen????

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Thomas was most definitely a smart, safe pick. He's the real deal and assuming he stays healthy, which we all know is not a guarantee with Browns 1st round picks, he can be a rock for them. I just think Quinn is going to take time to develop and I don't know if Crennel has a couple years yet to prove his worth.

Steelerlyn
04-28-2007, 06:03 PM
Their heads are on the block (Crennell and Phil Savage) and only time will tell. I do not think Quinn is that good he is very inacurrate, (2 r's) but like I said time will tell.

TEEMONT
04-28-2007, 11:06 PM
eh...if I'm a Browns fan, I'm not unhappy with these two guys.

BlitzburghNation
04-28-2007, 11:18 PM
eh...if I'm a Browns fan, I'm not unhappy with these two guys.

Well if i were a clown fan i'd be unhappy giving up 2nd & next years 1st for Quinn :lol:

Glad i'm not a brown stain fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prosdo
04-28-2007, 11:18 PM
Don't think it saves Crennel all that much.

MillerTime83
04-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Comming from a non steeler veiw I think the Browns did a great job this year. They got there LT that will be there rock for the next 10 years. (Not to metion there signings of Eric Steinbach and Hank Fraley) This will make a solid line for the S-Stains. Now you trade up for your home grown boy Quinn. Not only dose this give u a better chance to win then the fry guy, but it sells some extra tickets to your game. Plus Quinn is going to have no pressure to preform because he didnt make the big bucks. On top of that you manage to get Eric Wright. He would have been IMO the 2nd best CB in the draft if it wasnt for his character issues.

I think the brownies had the best draft they have had in years and with this potential Crennel gets a few more years probably 2 after this one.