PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn, should he be number 1?

SteelerSteve
04-28-2007, 05:00 AM
In my opinion, If the raiders were smart(not saying that they are) they would take Brady Quinn without even blinking an eye. The guy definitely has more of an understanding of the game than Jamrcus Russell. Besides the only reason everyone is making a huge deal about russell is the fact that hes 6'6 265 lbs. while thats great and everything size is not that huge of a factor in my opinion. Quinn is also from what I have seen is a much harder worker than Russell, he really wants to be number one and thats saying something, Russell on the other hand, seems to just expect it. IMO Quinn will be better in the NFL than Russell.

Captcoolhand
04-28-2007, 07:44 AM
It's already a known fact here in Cleveland that if Quinn is on the Board at 3 the Browns are going to take him.:yesnod:

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't know, Capt. I am still confused at what they are going to do. I wouldn't be surprised if Quinn drops to Miami, cause they would be most certainly the team that woudl take Quinn. Cleveland is going to either get Thomas, take that risk on Peterson, or Brady Quinn. I think they still have faith in Charlie Frye and Anderson.

BB2W
04-28-2007, 12:27 PM
I think Brady is more "ready to play" of the two quarterbacks... I know he will put in the effort off of the field. He is a true student of the game.

JaMarcus seems to have the higher ceiling. :2cents:

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I would not be shocked at all. If the shitstains pick quinn. That has been hinted at since before the sugar bowl.

Blitzburgh55
04-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Jamarcus has Better Arm,Better Accuracy, and More Moabilty
Brady Quinn is gonna be a bust thats why he will be a Brown next Tim Couch

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Jamarcus is going to the Raiders, the Clowns would be stupid to pass on Quinn. He needs work that much is for sure, but he wants to be there and has a good upside. They need so much help but a franchise QB is impossible to pass up !

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Russell going to Raiders is a death wish. Quinn goes to the browns, dam that is a quick way to end a career. :lol:

SteelerDan43
04-28-2007, 01:07 PM
I will take Quinn's confidence and leadership over Russel's lackadaisical attitude any day of the week

SteelerSteve
04-29-2007, 03:33 AM
I will take Quinn's confidence and leadership over Russel's lackadaisical attitude any day of the week
I totally agree, and besides Quinn has a pretty descent arm too, but the first round is over now anyway, so it looks like I was wrong.:dunno:

SteelersWoman
04-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Quinn's drop was a shocker to pretty much everybody I think. They DID show footage as to why, and it's apparent that he's got some problems with technique. However, that can probably be fixed with the help of a good QB coach. The kid wants to play (and in Cleveland) more than anything in the world.

There's no doubt however that Russell is the "natural thrower" while Brady's not--but sometimes heart can overcome lack of natural ability.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 10:54 AM
Quinn is gonna be a bust Russell is way better i told you why in my last post

SteelerSteve
04-29-2007, 09:23 PM
Quinn is gonna be a bust Russell is way better i told you why in my last post
I agree that russel does have the better arm, but brady seems to have more of a desire to be great, and like I said brady can make all the throws, dont underestimate him.

K Train
04-29-2007, 09:30 PM
i dont think russle shouldve gone #1....he wasnt even a mid first round pick until he did ok in the sugar bowl

Calvin johnson is the only player that deserved 1st overall....but i think (or at least i used to think) quinn is the better QB....now that hes a brown i hate him and look forward to embarrassing him lol

SteelerSteve
04-29-2007, 09:35 PM
from the interviews I have seen of quinn its hard not to like him, but then again hes a brown now, oh well. I really wanted to see him go to miami, I could see him helping that team out tremendously

steeltown_heroes
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
I can't comment on Russell's work ethic b/c i've not been around him when he's working in private, same goes for Brady Quinn.

however I've never like Quinn cause all these great plays he makes are against teams like Navy, Army, and St. Mary's middle school. He just seems too coddled to me, no one was saying much about how bad Notre Dame was until people started questioning Quinn, now that team is sub-par. He slipped to the no 12 draft pick so he goes to the commissioner's private room? yea that sucks, but he was eventually drafted before Aaron Rodgers was, and Rodgers didn't need to be babied like Quinn. idk just my :2cents:

Raider Geez
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
i like how some people are judging russell already as some lazy pothead.

quinn uses meth. how about that? :lol:

TEEMONT
05-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Come on now...Quinn is rich now, he doesn't have to stoop to meth...he can afford heroin....lol

Hawk Believer
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I haven't had much faith in Noter Dame QBs since the Seahawks drafted Rick Mirer...:banging:

Course there was that Joe Monatana guy.

SteelerSteve
05-01-2007, 11:35 PM

I dont think he is some lazy pothead, I just think quinns desire to be the best is just alot more apparent than russels. In all honesty russel has all the tools to be better than quinn, its just a matter of him pushing himself