PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers 2007 Draft Day Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Steelerlyn
04-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks for spending the day with me! That last one was a little much!! Nighters!~

K Train
04-28-2007, 10:40 PM
heres what someone just told me which might be the idea

ktrain, spaeth will allow heath to be used more effectively and he will solidify any line that he becomse a part of.

this might be the idea...maybe tuman is out :dunno: the video on this guy he looks pretty beastly

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 10:43 PM
heres what someone just told me which might be the idea

this might be the idea...maybe tuman is out :dunno: the video on this guy he looks pretty beastly

Oh, Tuman is gone no doubt. I can't see 3 TE making the roster at all and the Steelers won't cut a 3rd round pick I hope. So Tuman is gone.

Good point on the way Miller might be used now. You can keep Speath in to block and for the short routes then use Miller as more of a WR type. I still think the 3rd round is to high for this guy but if it can get Miller the ball more then I'm all for it.

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 10:46 PM
I know Colbert is in it too, but WTF they both screwed this one up BIG TIME!! I hope that was a Colbert pick because if it was a Tomlin pick we're screwed.

could be the worst pick in Steelers history. We have a history of making good picks and this one just doesn't make any sense to me.

You know I kept repeating myself in the bathroom this, "could be the worst pick in steelers history, smack my forehead." I did that 5 times. To this freaking minute I don't get this one. WHY WHY WHY???

BlackGold4vr
04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe one of these guys will package a 4th and a 5th to move up and get another pick in the 3rd. :lol:

Yeah, right! Someone would have to defibrilate Colbert first.

Prosdo
04-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Maybe one of these guys will package a 4th and a 5th to move up and get another pick in the 3rd. :lol:

Yeah, right! Someone would have to defibrilate Colbert first.

We can only dream....

kgreen
04-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, No RB no OL no WR on day one. So for day 2 or the end of day one what does that leave us?

-Tony Hunt: A very good RB who I have no clue how he has lasted this long.
-Rhema McKnight: Could be a steal in the second day. Has amazing intellagence and leadership. Can block and catch most everthing.
-Michael Bush: Could be another steal and quite possibly the biggest steal. When healthy he can't be stopped. I like this kid a lot, but his durability raises quite a few concerns.
-Allen Barbre: This guy who plays OT can and should move in and play OG. He can block in the running game and passing game. No concerns on character or durability.
-Daymeion Hughes: A talented Corner who I still have zero as to how he is still available.

they would be stupid to not draft any of these players.

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Well Hunt went to the Beagles so there goes that dream. Man, what a shot in the foot. Unbelieveable night. Just sickening.

SteelersfaninPhilly
Hunt just got picked by the Beagles

kgreen
TONY HUNT IS GONE!!!!!:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

WHAT ARE WE DOING!!!!!!!:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:
THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Filthadelphia!!!!!!!!!!:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

Prosdo
What bullshit!

BlackGold4vr
04-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Tony Hunt just went to the Eagles :cursin:

But im sure glad we snagged up that Matt Spaeth guy!

TEEMONT
04-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Due to being more hungover than I ever have been in my entire life...I pretty much slept through the draft today. Whats the del with picking a TE? Was that even a need at all? Or were we just going with the best available.

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2007, 10:57 PM
You know I kept repeating myself in the bathroom this, "could be the worst pick in steelers history, smack my forehead." I did that 5 times. To this freaking minute I don't get this one. WHY WHY WHY???
shorten your stroke and you won't keep smacking yourself,:lol: ::bluelol:

Due to being more hungover than I ever have been in my entire life...I pretty much slept through the draft today. Whats the del with picking a TE? Was that even a need at all? Or were we just going with the best available.

Everybody is trying to figure this one out...

kgreen

the Best available??!?! Ha! Don't make me laugh please. Here's who was available when we draft Spaeth:
Tony Hunt
Tony Hunt
Tony Hunt
Tony Hunt
Tony Hunt
and more Tony Hunt

Oh yeah and did I mention TONY HUNT!

RckyMtnStlrFan

Deffinately not the best available. we should've taken hunt.

I think Tomlin and Colbert are nursing a hangover too. It's the only thing that makes sense.

TEEMONT
04-28-2007, 11:00 PM

I think Tomlin and Colbert are nursing a hangover too. It's the only thing that makes sense.

I didnt think so....I didnt know if he was some great unheard of talent.

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 11:01 PM
I hear you, Bleeder. ROTFL. I am having a terrible time absorbing what could be the dumbest pick in Steelers History. Who Knows? I think K Train got something for the reason of this pick. SteelerSal is telling me the same thing on the pager. I hope them two are right to be honest. Wow!! What a night.

introyitrust
04-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Despite my current rage, I am willing to give the Steelers FO and Bruce Arians the benefit of the doubt. Although passing on Tony Hunt hurts. Maybe we get Bush and an 0-lineman in the fourth.

Prosdo
04-28-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't know how much farther Bush will fall.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:07 PM

Got that right, it wasn't even close to being the best available. :scratch:

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2007, 11:07 PM
it would take a miracle for Bush to fall to us...

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:08 PM
well ive decided that im ok with the TE, hes a huge dude that blocks great...Heath could have a huge year...and now we have a TE that can handle guys like merriman...and he still is a redzone threat....a little high but im ok with it now

Coming next- D-Sep

kgreen

Yeah this BullS*** on a new level!!! lets look at the first three rounds of the last 5 drafts:

06:
1. Santonio Holmes-Great pick
2. Anthony Smith-Great Pick
3. Willie Reid-Good pick

05:
1. Heath Miller-Amazing Steal
2. Bryant McFadden-Another Steal
3. Trai Essex-Good pick, with good potential

04:
1. Ben Roethlisberger-1 Super Bowl, enough said.
2. Ricardo Colclough-Ok pick, bad ST player.
3. Max Starks-Again another steal

03:
1. Troy Polalmalu-GREAT PICK
2. Alonzo Jackson-Ok, you got me bad pick.
4. Ike Taylor-Stealing at its finest

02:
1. Kendall Simmons-Good pick.
2. Antwaan Randle El-Good pick even though he isn't with us anymore
3. Chris Hope-Good pick, developed into a good player before chasing money

So as you can see we drafted pretty well from 02-06.

Prosdo
I just don't understand. Why did they pass on Hunt and Bush for all things a TE???

House of Steel
Somebody better do some heavy praying and hope Bush falls to us, That is asking for a miracle of epic proportions.

Prosdo
04-28-2007, 11:09 PM
it would take a miracle for Bush to fall to us...

I'll be praying for that miracle all night, because I doubt the Steelers will move up in the draft for him. :(

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 11:11 PM
well ive decided that im ok with the TE, hes a huge dude that blocks great...Heath could have a huge year...and now we have a TE that can handle guys like merriman...and he still is a redzone threat....a little high but im ok with it now

Coming next- D-Sep

You're making some very good point about this drafting of a TE. I know Heath Miller can block but he can be such a weapon. With the drafting of this huge TE then maybe the Steelers now can use Miller more as of WR and use Speath as a blocker and for the shorter routes.

I'm willing to give this pick a chance. Thats crazy sounding coming from me.:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:12 PM
It would take a miracle of epic proportions for Bush to fall to us, but at this rate we're liable to take a waterboy if he's available !

Ive mentioned before, I don't usually question day 1 drafting by the Steelers because we usually hit home runs on most of them. Timmons and Woodley are going to be studs and we've solidified our OLB's corps now. Spaeth isn't even an immediate need, it's not like we don't have a Heath Miller or a capable backup in Tuman or anything that would require us to take a TE this early :nonod:

It's a wasted pick on a position that we could have addressed later on if at all this year. It's clear we need depth at OL and RB, also at DB and maybe WR too. DE depth would be an issue we'll need to address as well. But NNOOOOOO we're taking another damn TE !

BlackGold4vr
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
IMO our first day draft sucked ***! Timmons wasn't my first pick but I could live with that pick, it was a need.

I would not have picked Woodley, although I like him. After Timmons filled the OLB need I wouldv'e definitely went O-line and there were some great ones still available who coulda been starters this year for us. Justin Blalock was picked just 6 picks ahead of us......we could have easily moved up if our representatives weren't braindead. Tony Ugoh was also well within our reach. 4 picks ahead of us. We were one of the only teams that didn't move up or down to get players we wanted. Works for everybody else but us.

After we picked an O-lineman we could have easily had Hunt or Bush. But we went with the practice squad tight end.........good call!

I am sick about this draft. Don't think I will waste the rest of my weekend tracking the rest of the garbage picks that im sure we will end up with. :scratch: :banging: :cursin:

If we had gone 1. Timmons 2. Blalock 3. Hunt
I would be pouring myself some celebratory doubleshots right now!

kgreen
04-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok, finally Day 1 is over!!! I think I can speak for everyone in here and say that was painful? I know it is deffanitly not what I was expecting.

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 11:16 PM
I have to admit something here. SteelerSal talking to me on the pager and he is making a whole lot of sense to me with why we picked this TE up, he is on the same path as K-train is on picking up this TE. I am starting to change my views a little bit here. I think we all should give this a chance. Could Colbert and Tomlin know something about this dude we don't have no clue about? I think a lot of folks are going to head to Latrobe this summer and watch this camp unfold with a lot of potentials and question marks. Miller just might have his wishes coming true this season and finally being used as a offensive weapon he should be. If that is the case, I am all for this pick and say, I take back everything negative I've said all along. I respect what K Train and SteelerSal has pointed out. I won't disagree with them on that part.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:19 PM
I think a lot of folks are going to head to Latrobe this summer and watch this camp unfold with a lot of potentials and question marks.

We've already got enough question marks heading into camp, without adding another at a position that isn't an immediate need for us. :2cents:

RckyMtnStlrFan
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Good points about freeing up Miller, but it's still a moron pick. We have other needs.

I'm very disappointed. Hopefully we are all just idiots and this was the best pick in draft history. not holding my breath.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 11:21 PM
Exactly and I'm not going to jump the gun on this draft. I'm willing to give all of these picks a chance. True I think the drafting of Spaeth is to high but if he can be a dominating blocker and free Heath Miller up to be more of a WR type of TE then I'm for it. Using two TE sets can provide such match up problems for defenses.

Plus Beekman and Bush are still out there. Lets give these picks a chance before jumping off the ledge. I was pissed off at first to but this pick could be good.

Prosdo
04-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Even if this was the plan. I would bet we could have picked up Hunt or Bush in the third and went and got the TE in the fourth.

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Exactly, Matt, I agree. Wow!!! I am not upset anymore over that TE pick, cause Sal really did clear me up on that with a good explaination, I thank him for it too. I don't know what to say, give them a chance to prove that it was a legit pick?

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2007, 11:30 PM
well Sal share your reasoning...

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
why do you guys want oline so bad? we have a ton of offensive lineman and with Mahan we pretty much got rid of the draft need on day one. Faneca will most likely be back this year even if hes not the year after.

Smith, Faneca, essex, kemaueto (sp), simmons, okobi, starks, colon, mahan, phillips.

Thats 10..TEN!...if we cant find 5 quality guys to start then we dont deserve to be a team because we didnt pick these guys up with thoughts of them never playing....our oline is set for the year imo

kgreen
04-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Bruce Arians just had some great things to say on Spaeth.

http://news.steelers.com/article/76039/

3 TEs....................hmmmmmm Now let's get Michael Bush! Then Sep!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Even if this was the plan. I would bet we could have picked up Hunt or Bush in the third and went and got the TE in the fourth.

Right, that would have been the optimal scenario IMO and would have made Day 1 a complete success instead of just 2/3 of a success. Oh well, we did get 2 studs at LB that will sure us up and allow Rian Wallace to get back inside for depth.

I'll cheer for Spaeth and I hope he's a beast but I just can't see the reasons behind passing up so much talent while we sat there and waited.

Well I can see why we weren't active in the 3rd round to move up, because NOBODY else was going to take this guy but us...

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:35 PM
listen i thought about....i was furious at first and i unleashed the rage....but im ok now that ive cooled off and thought about it lol...this is a good thing

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Ive calmed down too, Ive gone from rage to disappointment :lol:

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:38 PM
im not disappointed...surprised but i see the logic

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
look at the avy boys......gonna be real familiar with him lighting up the sky at heinz field

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Ive calmed down too, Ive gone from rage to disappointment :lol:

Dude its just all part of being a Steelers fan. I swear we are the most emotional, loyal,stubborn and crazy *** fans out there. But we love our team and take this game way to serious.lol I wouldn't want to be fan of any other team and I love the Stillers Nation.:tt02:

MillerTime83
04-28-2007, 11:40 PM
Hunt to the eagles

House of Steel
I went from outrage to Hmmmmmmmmm this might just be a plan in the making. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
I see the logic in a blocking TE obviously, I don't have a problem with drafting one...what I don't like is taking one in the 3rd round regardless of how good he is when we have needs at OL depth, DB depth, RB depth, and maybe DL depth too that take priority IMO.

Damn team drives me nuts but I wouldn't be a fan of anyone else :cope:

introyitrust
04-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Dude its just all part of being a Steelers fan. I swear we are the most emotional, loyal,stubborn and crazy *** fans out there. But we love our team and take this game way to serious.lol I wouldn't want to be fan of any other team and I love the Stillers Nation.:tt02:

AMEN to that! :tt02: :cope: :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
im not disappointed...surprised but i see the logic

I see the logic now to and you helped me that. Like I said I'm one of the most stubborn *******s out there and you sold me on Spaeth.:tt02:

K Train
please stop saying oline depth....not a need right now

Prosdo
04-28-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm with Matt I see the logic, but why so early?

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:44 PM
well it is early....but then again the dude is huge and an excellent blocker.....not only will he open things up for heath and be a redzone threat himself....but he will block for willie to...and you know what willie can do when a huge lane is opened up for him

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 11:46 PM
I see the logic in a blocking TE obviously, I don't have a problem with drafting one...what I don't like is taking one in the 3rd round regardless of how good he is when we have needs at OL depth, DB depth, RB depth, and maybe DL depth too that take priority IMO.

Damn team drives me nuts but I wouldn't be a fan of anyone else :cope:

Top, I worry about the Oline to. But maybe Tomlin and company see something in the people we have already? We have spent alot of picks on the Oline in recent drafts. With guys like Starks, Essex, Kemoeatu, Colon and Phillip. So who know maybe some of these past picks start to pan out this year.:bigthumb: Just a thought to ease the fustration.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:46 PM
please stop saying oline depth....not a need right now

Neither was TE but that didn't stop us from taking one... :redcool:

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:47 PM
yeah ok, but hes pretty much an extra olineman...so theres your wish...kinda lol

BlitzburghRockCity
04-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Well actually my wish was a RB first then an OL but I'd have been happy with either. Like I said, I know the logic of taking a TE, especially a good blocking one. However logic also tells me he'd have been there in the 4th round if we wanted him that badly.

Better yet, why not package a couple day 2 picks, take this TE and Hunt/Bush? Oh well, LOL

Black@Gold Forever32
04-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I'm hoping that some of the young Olineman we have already just develop. I like Kemoeatu and I think Colon as some talent to. Plus Marvin Phillip was a top rated center in college football before he left to go on his Morman mission.lol

K Train
04-28-2007, 11:54 PM
we have plans for that 4th round pick though...so we figured we would just get it over with

BlacknGold Bleeder
04-28-2007, 11:57 PM
we do have alot of young talent on Oline, with Spaeth it will free up Heath to let him catch more since that's his strength...

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Top Gun should have another contest on who we get in the 4th :bigthumb:

K Train
04-29-2007, 12:08 AM
why...i already know who its gonna be

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Top Gun should have another contest on who we get in the 4th :bigthumb:

oh don't worry we'll have that contest :bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 12:14 AM
why...i already know who its gonna be

Dam,,,,,,,,guess we have our winner :lol:
Who is it K-Man :scratch: LOL

MillerTime83
04-29-2007, 01:02 AM
These are guys I like still left (not that spectacular huh)

Tanard Jackson
Michael Bush
Stephen Nicholas
Daniel Sepulveda
-------------------
Germaine Race
Corey Hilliard
Aaron Fairooz

But who know why dont we take Troy Smith. ((I mean we dont need anouther QB. Lets pick him up (sarcasm))

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-29-2007, 01:18 AM
These are guys I like still left (not that spectacular huh)

But who know why dont we take Troy Smith. ((I mean we dont need anouther QB. Lets pick him up (sarcasm))

Draft is not over yet. We just might draft Troy Smith :lol:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 01:39 AM
Wehn I left here to get some sleep, now it looks like I've got some catching up to do. A TE? WTF are we ****ing doing???? ok, here are some pros and cons to this guy. CONS: He just recently had shoulder surgery. PROS: Hes ****ing huge!!! 6-7 270!!! Its going to take some more time to deal with this pick though, we coulda had Scott Chandler from Iowa later in the 5th or 6th round hes 6-7 270 also.

Aunkster
04-29-2007, 07:45 AM
Im with you Diesl..I dont get the 3rd round pick at all..Tight end..WTF..Someone is not using their head..not to mention this pick was a dam joke..
:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

steelcurtain09
04-29-2007, 08:28 AM
well ill say the exact same thing tht everyone else is saying
hopefully bush will fall to our first pick or else we can package ours and one of our fifth round picks to move up to take him
then with our second fourth rounder take sepulveda

kgreen
04-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Ok, Day 2. I hope the Steelers have a better plan. I hope we can draft a RB, Sep and a WR.

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Timmons is represented by Drew Rosenhaus, known for being an especially difficult negotiator. Oh Brother, knowing this, I look for a hold out or some crazy *** contract.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 09:32 AM
Steelers have filled their OLB needs and now need to go out and get other needs:

-Dallas Baker, WR Florida.
-Michael Bush, RB Louisville.
- David Ball, WR New Hampshire.
-Allen Barbre, OT Missouri Southern.
-Doug Free, OT Northern Illinois.
-Dwyane Wright, RB Fresno State.
-Rhema McKnight, WR Notre Dame

I hope they can at least get one or two of these guys.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Wouldnt mind getting
Antonio Pittman

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Steelers have filled their OLB needs and now need to go out and get other needs:

-Dallas Baker, WR Florida.
-Michael Bush, RB Louisville.
- David Ball, WR New Hampshire.
-Allen Barbre, OT Missouri Southern.
-Doug Free, OT Northern Illinois.
-Dwyane Wright, RB Fresno State.
-Rhema McKnight, WR Notre Dame

I hope they can at least get one or two of these guys.

Good call on those picks. I wouldn't mind seeing some of them on the team. Definitely Bush but I don't think he'll fall past the 4th round so if we want him we better take him, he could be the steal of the day for sure. Ive heard good things about Dallas Baker, I'd like to see him on the team. http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=20&a=255

kgreen
04-29-2007, 10:22 AM
Wouldnt mind getting
Antonio Pittman

Yeah but at this point I think we need to make sure we get a true power back. Now, Antonio is not at all bad but I'd prefer Dwyane Wright or even Germaine Race out of Pittsburgh State (http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=18&a=138).

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 10:25 AM
We don't need 7 more picks! Anyone who thinks we do is just crazy. No way that there are that many spots left open from last years roster. We also signed some free agents that could already account for the losses we took with Porter and Hartings (Mahan, Church). 9 rookies are not going to make our 53 man roster. Why waste those picks? Trade up and improve our position. Hoping that the players you want are still there when its your turn is not the way 31 other teams work the draft.........only us. I hope that changes today.

kgreen
Good call on those picks. I wouldn't mind seeing some of them on the team. Definitely Bush but I don't think he'll fall past the 4th round so if we want him we better take him, he could be the steal of the day for sure. Ive heard good things about Dallas Baker, I'd like to see him on the team. http://www.newerascouting.com/index.php?c=20&a=255

Yeah, he just seems like the kind of WR we like to have.

Prosdo
We don't need 7 more picks! Anyone who thinks we do is just crazy. No way that there are that many spots left open from last years roster. We also signed some free agents that could already account for the losses we took with Porter and Hartings (Mahan, Church). 9 rookies are not going to make our 53 man roster. Why waste those picks? Trade up and improve our position. Hoping that the players you want are still there when its your turn is not the way 31 other teams work the draft.........only us. I hope that changes today.

I'm completely with you here. Trade up some of the picks.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 10:31 AM

Couldn't agree with you more. For a team that is so hell bent on the draft and scouting we sure don't act like we care that much. It's one thing to hope a guy falls to you but it's another thing to let better talent pass by right in front of you while waiting for training camp fodder to fall in your lap !

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I have cooled off some from yesterdays debacle. I am happy with the first 2 picks and I believe those picks go a long way toward suring up the middle of our defense. I still have trouble with pick 3 and I think there are more urgent needs not to mention I believe they could have gotten a TE of equal value much later in the draft with no problem. O-line, RB or even another CB would have been smarter picks IMO. Hopefully they address some of those needs today. I have plans with the family today so I'm hoping at the end of the day when I check in to see how we did that I won't burst another blood vessel. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Take some tranquilizers before you log on and check the pick :lol:

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Did he say Los Angles Raiders? lmao

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
:haha: Yeah he did !

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:09 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:09 AM
NNNOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Raiders just took Bush !!! :cursin:

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
There goes Michael Bush.........see ya!

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I can't believe we passed on both Hunt and Bush!

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:11 AM
It's ok they can have him. I think he'll break his leg again. Anyways there are better players out there.

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe we can grab Josh Beekman from BC

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
I can't believe we passed on both Hunt and Bush!

Well we've never been known to take a whole lot of Penn State players and why I don't know. As for Bush, I bet you anything it's his leg and the second surgery that threw teams off of course. I'd rather have Dwyane Wright.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Wait a Punter was just taken, not Sep though. Who the hell is this guy? Podlesh?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Good grief don't jinx us, everytime we talk about a player somebody else takes him :bluelol:

Im hoping for Beekman, Pittman, or Jackon the CB from Syracuse at this point.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:15 AM
Good grief don't jinx us, everytime we talk about a player somebody else takes him :bluelol:

Im hoping for Beekman, Pittman, or Jackon the CB from Syracuse at this point.

Maybe we should stop hoping and go up there and beat the S*** out of our Front Office so we get the picks we want.:lol: :bluelol: :lol: :bluelol:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Let's go, I'll meet you at the front door ! :lol:

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Jackson would be a good pick up. I hoping for a RB, Beekman, or Jackson.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
There goes Slash IV, Stanbeck goes to Crybabies.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
As long as it's not a TE :lol:

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:22 AM
As long as it's not a TE :lol:

I actually like hte Spaeth pick. Our TEs our going to be beast next year.

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 11:27 AM
So with one punter already off of the board...should we take Sep with tis pick if he is still available?

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I actually like hte Spaeth pick. Our TEs our going to be beast next year.

I'm with you.:bigthumb: Alot of posters here are basing this pick on the past offenses and lack of the TE and forgeting that this is gonna be a totaly different coaching staff and offensive gameplan.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Im surprised that Sep wasn't taken as the first punter off the board. I'd rather wait to the 5th round to take him if we're going to do it, personally.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:31 AM
So with one punter already off of the board...should we take Sep with tis pick if he is still available?

I think we have more pressing needs than a punter. We need a RB or a WR.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:32 AM
There went Jackson

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 11:33 AM
I think we have more pressing needs than a punter. We need a RB or a WR.

We need O-line help more than RB and WR first, IMO

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:35 AM
We need O-line help more than RB and WR first, IMO

Not really. We have youth at the OL. I don't think it is as bad a situation as people think. I mean outside of Heath, Hines and Santonio, who do we have at WR. Plus, Najeh is not good enough to spell Willie.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
There goes Pittman. New Orleans? Wow good luck getting playing time there.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Not really. We have youth at the OL. I don't think it is as bad a situation as people think. I mean outside of Heath, Hines and Santonio, who do we have at WR. Plus, Najeh is not good enough to spell Willie.

I have to agree with KGreen. I am looking for WR and RB. Mostly RB since we drafted 2 young WR's last draft. I would like to see them draft another WR after a RB though.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 11:38 AM
There goes Pittman. New Orleans? Wow good luck getting playing time there.

Maybe Mcallister will be trade bait?

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:39 AM
Yep Pittman is off the board. He was a bit on the small side but I think he was explosive enough to be a good addition to our group. oh well....

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:40 AM
I have to agree with KGreen. I am looking for WR and RB. Mostly RB since we drafted 2 young WR's last draft. I would like to see them draft another WR after a RB though.

Right and I really don't see where else they can go with these next few picks. Ok, LBs are taken care of let's do something else.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Maybe, but who wants him?

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:41 AM
What about a guy like Kolby Smith?

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:43 AM
What about a guy like Kolby Smith?

No, I don't like him. I think he's too up and down to be the power back we need. There are still those few power backs out there tht we can pick.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:46 AM
Hmm.... we pick twice this round pick 119 and pick 132

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:47 AM
We could take Dwayne Wright with 119 and possibly Jacoby Jones at 132?

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 11:48 AM
Nate Ilaoa is still on the board.....

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:49 AM
We could take Dwayne Wright with 119 and possibly Jacoby Jones at 132?

I would not mind that however with the way we've drafted so far, I doubt it.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
And there goes Wright. SOB

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 11:50 AM
5-8 245...Runs with authority. Breaks tackles galore and gets most of his yards after contact. Never avoids contact!!!

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 11:51 AM

No worries. I'm sure Joe Schmuckatelli will always be there for us. :cursin:

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:52 AM

Exactly what I'm saying. What are they waiting on?

TEEMONT

Sure would be interesting to see him in Black and Gold.....well....our Black and Gold.

SteelerSal
5-8 245...Runs with authority. Breaks tackles galore and gets most of his yards after contact. Never avoids contact!!!

He went to Hawaii as a WR originaly.

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Holy ****. The Steelers moved up and are on the clock.

Prosdo
Did we trade up??

BlitzburghRockCity
we're on the clock !!!

Prosdo
Oh K Train will be happy as hell

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Holy **** we took Sep !!

BlackGold4vr
Sepulveda is ours!

Can you believe they moved up and made a pick we like?

I'm shocked!

BlitzburghRockCity
His head is going to explode !!!! :lol:

BB2W
:lol: K Train got his guy!

Prosdo
What exactly did we trade?

BlitzburghRockCity
We obviously wanted him pretty badly... we finally made a move and traded up !!

steelcurtain09
we got Sepulveda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye Gardocki!

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 11:55 AM
we just took Sepulveda

Black@Gold Forever32
Jackie Battle is a big RB with some speed. I wouldn't mind Beekman the OG from Boston College though.

Prosdo
Yeah I think Gardocki is out of Pittsburgh

Captcoolhand
New Orleans took another RB...........

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Very nice! Finally a pick I'm VERY happy about. Good job boys:cope: :cope:

DIESELMAN
Sweet!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
Looks like RB is not a need. Steelers seem content with what they have.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 11:57 AM
We only have 3 RB's. They have to pick one up at sometime.

DIESELMAN
The Patriots have traded pick #110 to the Raiders for WR Randy Moss.

kgreen
Looks like RB is not a need. Steelers seem content with what they have.

Which means that we are planning to spread things out this year. God I will miss Cowher Power!:banging:

K Train
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 11:58 AM
Guess they pln on punting a lot this year....lol.....all jokes aside I like this pick, and if Faneca gets traded somehow (maybe to the Saints for Duece?) I'll go buy a D Sep jersey.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Guess they pln on punting a lot this year....lol.....all jokes aside I like this pick, and if Faneca gets traded somehow (maybe to the Saints for Duece?) I'll go buy a D Sep jersey.
I don't know if they sell punter jerseys:lol:

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm happy with the punter pick. Gardocki needs replaced. I see us trading Faneca and then again I don't. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:01 PM
I like this pick, if there is a punter worth a 4th round pick, it's this guy. Gardocki failed us all to often last year when we needed a clutch punt to bail us out so this will help our ST immensely which translates into helping our defense by not having to defend such a short field all the time.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
We still have the 132nd pick so we did not trade that to move up.:bigthumb:
As for RB's, there will still be descent ones out there for depth.

DIESELMAN
Jackie Battle is a big RB with some speed. I wouldn't mind Beekman the OG from Boston College though.

Height 6 ft. 2.1 in.
Weight 239 lbs.
Speed 4.43 (Pro Day) 956 yds 15TD's 5.2 avg. :bigthumb:

TEEMONT
I don't know if they sell punter jerseys:lol:

Maybe I'll get lucky and they wil lmake him #5 and I can just use my Porter authentic jersey and get it re-done. Or I can just custom order a jersey.

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 12:04 PM
I think Snelling, Jason (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/snelling_jason) would be better than battles

K Train
i am so amazing....hes been my avy for like 6 months.....this is destiny boys

DIESELMAN
Trade Details: Steelers get- 112. Packers get- 119, 192.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Jason Snelling looks like an interesting pick

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:06 PM
I think Snelling, Jason (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/snelling_jason) would be better than battles

I would not mind Snelling at all. He was a beast at UVA. Although he is a bit of a tweener.:dunno:

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Trade Details: Steelers get- 112. Packers get- 119, 192.

Seems like a good trade to me :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Lions took Ramirez.....

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
The Patriots 28th pick was used to acquire Randy Moss and San Francisco's first round pick in the '08 draft. NE is ****ing busy!!!

BlackGold4vr
04-29-2007, 12:08 PM
What exactly did we trade?

We gave up our 6th round pick. Great move IMO. Hopefully we use our 7th round pick in the same way. That would still leave us with 3 more picks.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:09 PM
Giving up a 6th rounder to get him, I can live with that. Now we get the LB and Punters figured out, lets get some OL depth and RB depth !

DIESELMAN
tryin to see what SF got.....

kgreen
Carolina just took another Steve Smith.

K Train
04-29-2007, 12:10 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/07.jpg

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:11 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/07.jpg

NICE pic K Train. I hope he's as good as everyone says he is.

steelcurtain09
04-29-2007, 12:11 PM
i just looked at hs profile
he tore his ACL in his none kicking leg over Easter
should tht factor in anywhere?

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Actually video on him: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft?round=4&dl=nfl lol

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:12 PM
i just looked at hs profile
he tore his ACL in his none kicking leg over Easter
should tht factor in anywhere?

Where did you read that???

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
He's got all offseason to heal up, if it was that big of an issue we wouldn't have taken him.

steelcurtain09
04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
Where did you read that???
i read it in his bio on nfl.com
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/sepulveda_daniel

2006: Tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right (non-kicking) knee during a pick-up basketball game over the Easter holiday weekend, and underwent successful surgery April 27 to repair the damage.

edit: sorry thts from last year
i wasnt thinking

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:16 PM
Oh ok, that was in 2006, he's good to go then.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:16 PM
He'll be good to go.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Actually video on him: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/draft?round=4&dl=nfl lol

Just watched it. There was a hit that he put on a return man that was awesome.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 12:20 PM
I think the steelers have to go with OL with the next pick

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Giants pick Zak DeOssie - LB - Brown...this guy is going to be a steal

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I would not mind Snelling at all. He was a beast at UVA. Although he is a bit of a tweener.:dunno:
I just think he's got better hands/not speed than Battles

Prosdo
Beekman is still there. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/og/joshbeekman.html

K Train
listen...hes a future hall of famer

Did yo see him **** up that returner....awesome lol

DIESELMAN
Is Darius Walker still on the board?

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 12:22 PM

It's apparent that he still has a Lber's mentality.
:bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
I just think he's got better hands/not speed than Battles

Hes a FB right?.....how does he block cuz his stats weren't nothin to brag about.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
Is Darius Walker still on the board?

Yep he is.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm thinking Beekman, Walker, or Snelling.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 12:25 PM

U no how many punters are in the HAll Zero

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm thinking Beekman, Walker, or Snelling.

Not Walker please not Walker! I'll take Beekman or Snelling.

Black@Gold Forever32
I don't want Walker. He is dumber then a box of rocks. Thats why he left Notre Dame early. I live near South Bend and one of my friends knows somebody that works in Notre Dames athletic department and they didn't give Walker high reviews.lol

Black@Gold Forever32
U no how many punters are in the HAll Zero

Ray Guy should be though.:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Who cares if Sep goes to the HOF, right now Im just glad we have a guy that can kick it more than 30 yds ! :bluelol:

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Ray Guy should be though.:bigthumb:

But he isnt

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:29 PM
We don't normally pick dumb rock players, well except for Plax :haha:

K Train
04-29-2007, 12:30 PM
he kicks it 60 yards with an amazing hangtime...and hes left footed which makes it better

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Who cares if Sep goes to the HOF, right now Im just glad we have a guy that can kick it more than 30 yds ! :bluelol:

I don't care.:lol: I'm just stating Ray Guy should be in the Hall.:bigthumb: Blitz needs to get educated.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't care.:lol: I'm just stating Ray Guy should be in the Hall.:bigthumb: Blitz needs to get educated.

I no who Ray Guy is he was a punter for the Raiders

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Or maybe a spellchecker :lol: Sorry man, couldnt resist :lol:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:36 PM
well if we're talkin FB's then I'd rather have McClain over Snelling

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:38 PM
No way we take a FB, IMO. Kreider is our guy and we're thinking of bringing Haynes back who can block too. Now a FB/TB yeah I could handle that.

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Dude...he took that kids lunch money.

Blitzburgh55
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM
1 pick away

K Train
04-29-2007, 12:42 PM
McClain is a lorenzo niel clone and he can carry....hes a bruiser though

who care, after that last electrifying pick...the rest of the draft is irrelevant lol

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:43 PM
No way we take a FB, IMO. Kreider is our guy and we're thinking of bringing Haynes back who can block too. Now a FB/TB yeah I could handle that.

someone brought up Snelling who is a FB, just tryin to say McClain is a helluva lot better. Battles and Ilaoa are built for power running also. Just threw the ND guy out there to see if anyone was payin attention..LMAO

kgreen
Beekamn is gone and I think we need to lose Colbert FAST.

Prosdo
Okay were up!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I'd take McClain right here ..we're on the clock !

K Train
were gonna draft troy smith lol...just like kiper said with our 4th round comp lol

DIESELMAN
McClain is a lorenzo niel clone and he can carry....hes a bruiser though

who care, after that last electrifying pick...the rest of the draft is irrelevant lol

LOL yeah you got your guy now go to bed lol

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Steelers select...........Ryan McBean

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
A DT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! Is Kevin Colbert smoking weed!!!! We have Casey Hampton and Chris Hoke!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! Do they really have ot do this to us!?!?!?!?!

K Train
dont bitch everyone....thats a decent pick

BlackGold4vr
Ryan McBean? Never heard of him. Did we need a DT? Casey Hampton,,,,,Chris Hoke

BlitzburghRockCity
Tomlin is stockpling the defensive talent in this draft. It's obvious that he is content with our offense as it is personnel wise.

DIESELMAN
6-4 286lbs

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I think we are switching to the f***in 4-3! And we're wasting away this draft.

steelcurtain09
04-29-2007, 12:48 PM
hes also gettin ready for a switch to the 4-3 over the next few years

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:49 PM
well its obvious Tomlin is happy with our secondary and OL :bigthumb:

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 12:49 PM
6-4 286lbs

Got that beat 6'4 300 lbs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

K Train
04-29-2007, 12:51 PM
drafting a DT in the fourth round isnt setting ourselves up for an overhaul....calm down everyone lol

Captcoolhand
04-29-2007, 12:51 PM
hes also gettin ready for a switch to the 4-3 over the next few years
If he's around that long

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
drafting a DT in the fourth round isnt setting ourselves up for an overhaul....calm down everyone lol

I'm with you K. Let's see what happens.

TEEMONT
who??

DIESELMAN
McBean projects more as a two-gapping 3-4 end, but is versatile enough to play some one-gap 4-3 tackle or end. He still has upside, and could be taken as early as the middle of the second round.

kgreen
Wow this draft has sucked. I have tried looking at positives, but there are very few. It is obvious that we are switching to the 4-3. I mean 3 of our first 5 picks have been on the defensive side of the ball. And why do we need a F***ing DT??!?!?!:cursin:

Black@Gold Forever32
McBean will play DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3. We are not switching to a 4-3. Go ready on the Steelers official website. They're sticking with the 3-4. Keith Butler stated that Woodley will play OLB in a 3-4 and we are using the 3-4. If anything its going to be a hyrbid defense and thats what Tomlin is doing getting guys that can fit in both schemes. We will see elements of a 4-3 but were not switching that to our defensive scheme.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Drafting these players that are versatile doesn't signify anything other than we want guys that are just that, versatile. Neither Timmons or Woodley are top notch prospects for a 43, they are tweaners which is why we drafted them. They are big enough and quick enough to play both effectively but are more suited to a 34 or a mix of the 43/34 defense.

This latest pick in McBean is a good move to add depth on the DL. He's not a 43 DE, he's a 34 DE with the talent to play in the 43/34 mix.

DIESELMAN
thats why the coaches are the coaches....they know these guys...we look at some of the players while they look at all of the players

K Train
omg you guys need to chill out, weve set oursleves up to have a vicious defense next year. Stop calling for our coaches head....christ

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Drafting these players that are versatile doesn't signify anything other than we want guys that are just that, versatile. Neither Timmons or Woodley are top notch prospects for a 43, they are tweaners which is why we drafted them. They are big enough and quick enough to play both effectively but are more suited to a 34 or a mix of the 43/34 defense.

But should a DT/DE be a higher need than a WR or RB?!

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:55 PM
McBean ran a 4.98 at the combine....

Prosdo
I think we are drafting a RB in the fifth.

K Train
kgreen you are not happy with anything if we dont get poz or hunt...get over it. we have had a good draft so far

Black@Gold Forever32
04-29-2007, 12:56 PM
But should a DT/DE be a higher need than a WR or RB?!

There isn't alot of young talent on the Dline also. So youth was needed also along the Dline. **** just let these picks have a chance before saying the draft sucked.

Its clear to me that Tomlin has all the faith to me on our offense and thats why he hasn't added a RB, OL or WR yet. So give him a chance.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 12:56 PM
omg you guys need to chill out, weve set oursleves up to have a vicious defense next year. Stop calling for our coaches head....christ

I agree.

Since round 2 most of you guys have had RB tunnel vision.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 12:57 PM

Ok here's what have draft:
1. LB/DE
2. LB/DE
3. TE
4a. Punter
4b. DT/DE

Not a word on a RB or a WR. Our offense is going to suck next year. I know defense wins championships but the D does you no good if the offense sucks. Just ask the Oakland Raiders or the Minnesota Vikings.

Prosdo
04-29-2007, 12:57 PM
McClain just went to the Ravens

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:58 PM
McBean will play DE in a 3-4 and DT in a 4-3. We are not switching to a 4-3. Go ready on the Steelers official website. They're sticking with the 3-4. Keith Butler stated that Woodley will play OLB in a 3-4 and we are using the 3-4. If anything its going to be a hyrbid defense and thats what Tomlin is doing getting guys that can fit in both schemes. We will see elements of a 4-3 but were not switching that to our defensive scheme.

Exactly, Tomlin and co. have been saying for months "WE ARE NOT SWITCHING" like you said we'll see some hybrids and versions of schemes we ain't seen before.

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I think we need to trade for Deuce....as far as RB goes. With NO drafting Pittman, it may signify he is on his way out.

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Ravens just took McClain

K Train
having mcalister would be crazy

kgreen
I agree.

Since round 2 most of you guys have had RB tunnel vision.

Let's see no 100 yrd games on the road this past year. I think that's a problem. Yes, our pass rush sucked but c'mon! I get it Tomlin, you're a defensive guy. But, you don't have to make most every draft pick a defensive pick. Now, I see crap at the RB position.

K Train
04-29-2007, 01:01 PM
you think maybe that no 100 yards games had soemthing do do with patheitc gameplanning, cowher not giving a **** and hartings getting manhandled?

SteelerDan43
04-29-2007, 01:01 PM
we are just setting up to run a hybrid defensive scheme, im fine with the picks

kgreen
04-29-2007, 01:02 PM
kgreen you are not happy with anything if we dont get poz or hunt...get over it. we have had a good draft so far

I am not crying over Poz, I know he doesnt fit our system. I am just a little confused (and angry) over why we are taking so many defensive players.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Let's see no 100 yrd games on the road this past year. I think that's a problem. Yes, our pass rush sucked but c'mon! I get it Tomlin, you're a defensive guy. But, you don't have to make most every draft pick a defensive pick. Now, I see crap at the RB position.

Go back and look at pick 3, maybe thats a piece of the puzzle to get us 100 yard rushers on the road.:bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
04-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I already know what some of you will say but you guys think we'll go after a MLB? Blades is still on the board.....

SteelerSal
you think maybe that no 100 yards games had soemthing do do with patheitc gameplanning, cowher not giving a **** and hartings getting manhandled?

:plus1:

kgreen

Yet every home game we had 100+ yrds everytime (excluding the Ravens).

TEEMONT
04-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Ok here's what have draft:
1. LB/DE
2. LB/DE
3. TE
4a. Punter
4b. DT/DE

Not a word on a RB or a WR. Our offense is going to suck next year. I know defense wins championships but the D does you no good if the offense sucks. Just ask the Oakland Raiders or the Minnesota Vikings.

Ok, usually i am the biggest O detractor here, so top tryin to drink my kool-aid...lol. I really don't think there was to omuch we could have done to help ourselves out O-wise in this draft. It's obvious Faneca will be there another year, well at this point anyways. I guess Tomlin think Najeh can get it done....we may pick up something in the 5th or 6th to push him in camp, and we do have Verron coming back. I dont think we are that bad at WR. Hines, Santonio, Ced, Nate, and Willie Reid. Thats not too bad if you ask me. Do we need some height, yeah we do, but we got Heath and the Spaeth kid for that.

I don't think our O will suck. As much as I hate to say it, give Ben a chance, I have a feeling he will prove me wrong, as it looks like Tomlin is going to give him the keys to car.

Let's not forget the draft is not the end of the off-season, we could still trade for someone at RB, and out line right now isn't terrible.

I woul dlove to see us put together some kind of offer for McAllister.

kgreen
04-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Go back and look at pick 3, maybe thats a piece of the puzzle to get us 100 yard rushers on the road.:bigthumb:
Maybe but still we need a change of pace Back or a power back.

SteelerSal
04-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I already know what some of you will say but you guys think we'll go after a MLB? Blades is still on the board.....

Of all the Pitt games I watched, Blades was a non factor in the 2nd half. I don't know if it was fatigue or what.