PDA

View Full Version : Packers offer trade for LJ.....

DIESELMAN
04-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Scout.comís Warpaint Illustrated this morning confirmed with a source in the Chiefs organization that the Packers have offered their first overall pick (16th overall) and fourth round pick (112th overall) in this weekendís NFL draft for Johnson, who is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2007 season. This draft is going to be real interesting, lots of trade rumors.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2007, 09:23 PM
This would make sense for the Packers to have a decent, reliable, young back to take the pressure off Favre and LJ is a just a beast.

DIESELMAN
04-28-2007, 02:06 AM
This would make sense for the Packers to have a decent, reliable, young back to take the pressure off Favre and LJ is a just a beast.

Most definitely makes sense for the Pack. I think the Chiefs need to do whatever it takes to keep LJ, even though hes going to command a very steep price, he is all they got. Johnson has racked up 4,292 yards from scrimmage (more than LaDainian Tomlinson) and 40 total touchdowns over the last two seasons. Heís taken a relentless pounding during that time frame but has not missed a quarter, let alone an entire game. He has done all of this while being paid peanuts in return Ė according to NFLPA.org, Johnson barely made $1.3 million combined in 2005 and 2006. Apparently Johnson is seeking an eight-year, $80 million deal with $34 million guaranteed. Thatís a sizable chunk of change for any player, regardless of his talent. Johnson in my opinion is definitely worth that. We'll see what happens, like I've been sayin, its going to a very interesting draft. :bigthumb:

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 10:36 AM
I think that is a good trade value myself, however, I thought the Packers were more interested in getting the Raiders to trade Randy Moss to them? Is that rumor shot down or no?