PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been a fan?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 01:00 PM
Just like the topic says, how long have you been cheering for the Black n Gold? :tt02:

Ive been a fan for as long as I can remember. My dad said we used to watch football all the time and I liked the Steelers when I was real little cuz they had cool uniforms and they played in super bowls all the time :lol: Of course since then it's gone alot deeper than that and Ive spent my whole life cheering and supporting this team in "Never Say Die" fashion !

SteelerDan43
08-29-2006, 01:06 PM
Since forever/birth, drove 6hrs each way to watch the AFC champ and SB at home. I only live like 10 minutes from training camp, I remember watching the Redskins scrimmage the Steelers at my highschool when I was a kid. My grandfather was even a founding member of Dwight's Whites

AZ_Steeler
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
I'm in the same boat as you BRC. Every Sunday I was in front of the TV with my Dad watching the Steelers so it's been for as long as I can remember too. Plus growing up just across the river from Pittsburgh in Ohio it was hard not to like them.

My next biggest goal is going to be teaching my son what it means to bleed Black N Gold...

House of Steel
08-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Since I was a kid that finally digested football as a sport. Been bleeding Black n Gold for 22 years strong and still going. I will never forget watching Jack Lambert and Mean Joe Greene tear up offenses. John Stallworth and Lynn Swann the best duo receivers in NFL History. Our dynasty is about to begin its second chapter.

Steelerlyn
08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I have been a Steeler fan for lotsa years, ever since I was forced to be if I wanted to live in my house on Sundays as my husband and son were in front of the tv every Sunday watching that violent game of football. I was completely against my husband allowing our son to watch football. But, when it came to football what I said really had no bearing! LOL

Readers Digest version: My husband worked 6 days a week, for General Motors in Plant Engineering. So, one day I decided that if he wanted to spend his only day off watching Steeler football with our son that maybe I better lighten up (since all my complaining was falling on deaf ears) and learn the game of football. I did not know a 1st down from a field goal, so my husband had his work cut out for him. Back then there were no Madden video games, so he could not teach me via video games, he had to teach me during the games.
Today, my son and I go to some games, he is my Steeler buddy.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Today, I can easily say that the day I decided to learn the game of football (Steeler football......there is no other football) :) it was definitely the best decision I have ever made!

Prosdo
08-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Since birth. Growing up in Pittsburgh you can't help but love the black and gold.

Steelerlyn
08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
:tt02: Isn't it a law or something in Western PA that you have to be a Steeler fan :)

Steelersfan
08-29-2006, 01:36 PM
I didn't grow up there but have been a fan for as long as I can remember. About the same time frame as BRC I think (73,74,75). Basically became a fan from watching the Steelers play when I was a kid and my father (who is from PA) always cheered them on, so I did too and have ever since!

suitanim
08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Since I was knee high to a grasshopper...

Aunkster
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
I crawled out of the woumb wearing a number 58 jersey.:lol:
No seriously,I think when i was like 6 or 7 I remember setting with my father and routing on the steelers,I think the first season I started watching them they were like 1 and 15..It took them many years of me watching before there was any playoff hopes.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2006, 03:52 PM
I crawled out of the woumb wearing a number 58 jersey

Now that what Im talking about :tt02:

PITT23
08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
Growing up in Pittsburgh you just become a fan without even knowing when it began so I really dont know. I'll just say FOREVER. :towel:

Koopa
08-29-2006, 07:16 PM
i've been a fan since 2000, which is pretty much when i started watching football on the reg

SteelersGirlTN7
08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Longer than I can remember?

I also grew up in OH - near Youngstown. However, back then everyone was a Browns fan, and then they left Cleveland and a lot of people jumped on the Steeler bandwagon.

I do remember going to home games at TRS from about age 12 or so.

Forged in Steel
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I've always liked they Steelers but I realy got into it when they were in the AFC Championship Game in 2001 (when they finnaly got good).