PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow is the big day.

BlackGold4vr
04-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Just for the record, I wanted to put down a few of the players that I hope we get.

DE-Anthony Spencer (disruptive pass rusher we need & Haggans replacement)
RB-Tony Hunt (the power north/south RB we need to compliment Willie)
OG-Justin Blalock (Faneca's replacement)
WR-Steve Smith (Hines Ward's eventual replacement)
P-Daniel Sepulveda (self-explanatory)
LB-Lamar Woodley (Farrior's eventual replacement)
CB-Eric Wright (depth at the position)

I would still like to see us deal Faneca for some picks. One article I read had us trading him to the Cards for their 2nd round pick this year (38th overall) and next years 2nd round pick (45th? allowing for some improvement). That move would also clear some cap space and give us 3 top 50 picks this year and 2 more top 50 picks next year. It would also clear out an internal cancer on the team who doesn't want to be there anyway. We'll see. I am excited to see how things unfold. Undoubtedly there will be some wheeling and dealing going on and I expect that the Steelers will be one of the active teams this weekend. Making a deal or two to move up or down and maybe even a big trade if the right offer comes along.

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

MillerTime83
04-27-2007, 01:41 PM
These are my guys i want to see in black and gold. They are in the order from who I like most.

Patrick Willis
Paul Posluszny
Justin Blaylock
Anthony Gonzalez
Anthony Spencer
Tony Hunt
Daniel Sepulveda
Daymeion Hughes
Justin Durant
Stephen Nicholas
James Marten

Sure my list is long, but that only makes chances of getting a player i like greater :bigthumb: I also would like us to deal Faneca for some picks.

Koopa
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM
These are my guys i want to see in black and gold. They are in the order from who I like most.

Patrick Willis
Paul Posluszny
Justin Blalock
Anthony Gonzalez
Anthony Spencer
Tony Hunt
Daniel Sepulveda
Daymeion Hughes
Justin Durant
Stephen Nicholas
James Marten

Sure my list is long, but that only makes chances of getting a player i like greater :bigthumb: I also would like us to deal Faneca for some picks.

there i fixed it for you..............

TEEMONT
04-27-2007, 01:55 PM
As long as we get Hunt and Blalock...I'll be happy.

kgreen
04-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Wish list:
Steve Smith (Smooth possesion reciever who could take over for Hines when he decides to hang them up)
Ben Grubbs (Good bye Faneca)
Tony Hunt/Michael Bush (Either would work well in our system)
Yamon Figurs (He can fly)
Derrelle Revis (I know he's going to be great)
A Center (That position is so messed up)
OLB (Not in round 1. We have a bad history of that)
Dan Sepulveda
Anthony Spencer (Nasty DE/OLB)

MillerTime83
04-27-2007, 02:34 PM
there i fixed it for you..............

lol thanks I was going wihtout help from any others off the top of my head. :hilarious:

I think i did good

Koopa
04-27-2007, 03:02 PM
lol thanks I was going wihtout help from any others off the top of my head. :hilarious:

I think i did good

lol, i'm just messing around, you are like the 10 person to spell it that way....... if i wasn't a UT fan i probably wouldn't spell it right either lol

BlackGold4vr
04-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Wish list:
Steve Smith (Smooth possesion reciever who could take over for Hines when he decides to hang them up)
Ben Grubbs (Good bye Faneca)
Tony Hunt/Michael Bush (Either would work well in our system)
Yamon Figurs (He can fly)
Derrelle Revis (I know he's going to be great)
A Center (That position is so messed up)
OLB (Not in round 1. We have a bad history of that)
Dan Sepulveda
Anthony Spencer (Nasty DE/OLB)

I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with Grubbs, but if we could have any O-lineman I'd prefer Blalock. From all of the pre-draft highlights that I have seen of the two guys Blalock plays with that nastiness that I like to see from O-lineman. Kinda the way Willie Colon plays, like he is pissed off at the world. Thats just my opinion of the two guys.

Koopa
04-27-2007, 03:39 PM
throw history out with draft picks, i hate when that is brought up, they compare a player in todays era to someone for 90 years ago, that is retarded, these players are far superior to players back then...... it would be a mistake to pass up on a talent like timmons in the first round, he is gonna be beastly in the nfl.......

Blitzburgh55
04-27-2007, 03:47 PM
I want timmions in the first and a WR/CB/OL in the sencond, 3rd and 4th round

K Train
04-27-2007, 05:43 PM
d-sep seems to be on just about everyones wish list...mission accomplished lol

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-27-2007, 06:36 PM
1st - DE/LB
2nd - OL (faneca replacement)
3 - DL/LB/CB

Hope our drafing on day 2 improves. Compared to previous years.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2007, 06:41 PM
Just for the record, I wanted to put down a few of the players that I hope we get.

DE-Anthony Spencer (disruptive pass rusher we need & Haggans replacement)
RB-Tony Hunt (the power north/south RB we need to compliment Willie)
OG-Justin Blalock (Faneca's replacement)
WR-Steve Smith (Hines Ward's eventual replacement)
P-Daniel Sepulveda (self-explanatory)
LB-Lamar Woodley (Farrior's eventual replacement)
CB-Eric Wright (depth at the position)

I would still like to see us deal Faneca for some picks. One article I read had us trading him to the Cards for their 2nd round pick this year (38th overall) and next years 2nd round pick (45th? allowing for some improvement). That move would also clear some cap space and give us 3 top 50 picks this year and 2 more top 50 picks next year. It would also clear out an internal cancer on the team who doesn't want to be there anyway. We'll see. I am excited to see how things unfold. Undoubtedly there will be some wheeling and dealing going on and I expect that the Steelers will be one of the active teams this weekend. Making a deal or two to move up or down and maybe even a big trade if the right offer comes along.

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

If we somehow ended up with that draft I think we'd all be pleased ! :woot:
I just really want to see us the LB, OL, RB on day 1, then WR/DB early on day 2 and I'll be happy as long as we don't go for the inevitable reaching of players that don't pan out like we've done in recent years.