PDA

View Full Version : LAST DAY BEFORE DRAFT,,,,,,,,,,,

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 01:41 AM
So let's all make our prediction's on who our first pick will be :popcorn:

I say we trade down with the NY Jets and take Anthony Spencer :tt02:

K Train
04-27-2007, 01:51 AM
i say we stay put and pray willis drops to us, or if he drops far enough we trade up....say rams mabey :dunno:. Were pretty aggressive so who knows...but i think if we stay put we take timmons.

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 01:53 AM
So timmons at 15 is your prediction ?

steelcitysfinestXL
04-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Agreed, if we dont make any moves its Timmons or... but i think if Reevis is still there we might not be able to pass him up (he may be the most talented player available and we all know the steelers have a hard time passing on sure-fire talent)

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 02:04 AM
I dont really know to much about the guys in the draft other than the top names, but I could see us drafting a linebacker.

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 02:05 AM
So 2 votes on timmons at 15 !

steelcitysfinestXL
04-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Yep, i have had to spend the week out of town in Perry, OH (outside of cleveland) these guys dont even talk about the draft, i guess they know they are gonna suck regardless!!! I hope they draft Quinn so we can put our "FOOTE" in his *** twice a year for the rest of his career!!!!

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Yep, i have had to spend the week out of town in Perry, OH (outside of cleveland) these guys dont even talk about the draft, i guess they know they are gonna suck regardless!!! I hope they draft Quinn so we can put our "FOOTE" in his *** twice a year for the rest of his career!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "GOOD-ONE"

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 02:33 AM
I doubt if Quinn gets drafted to cleveland he'll want to stay there his career. as soon as he gets his *** whipped by pittsburgh he will demand a trade!

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Is Greg olsen a possibility? it would be nice to have another beastly Tight End to line up opposite of miller.

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 03:09 AM
What about chris houston?

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Is Greg olsen a possibility? it would be nice to have another beastly Tight End to line up opposite of miller.

Not in this century,,,,:scratch: So you are predicting OLSEN :scratch:

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 03:12 AM

More of a possibilty :popcorn: So that's your pick ?

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 03:16 AM
More of a possibilty :popcorn: So that's your pick ?
sure why not?

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 03:20 AM
To everybody that read my greg olsen thread, please dont crucify me, it was just a suggestion.

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Alright that's 2 for timmons,,,,, 1 for spencer and 1 for hall...........!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 03:33 AM
Alright that's 2 for timmons,,,,, 1 for spencer and 1 for hall...........!!!!!!!!!!
dont forget 1 for houston!!

BlitzburghNation
04-27-2007, 03:36 AM
dont forget 1 for houston!!

My bad :nahnah: I meant Houston :lol:

OKAY recap,,,,,,,,:popcorn:

2 for timmons
1 for spencer
1 for houston

ARKIESTEEL
04-27-2007, 07:22 AM

We dont want him:nono: I watched all his home games if your talking about the DB from Arkansas. Good speed gets lots of flags never plays the ball........If you want an Arkie take Jammal Anderson DE

SteelerSal
04-27-2007, 07:47 AM
I'll say we take Patrick Willis if he is still available.:tt02:

kgreen
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
I say trade down and take Justin Blalock. Our O-Line looked like crap last year and when to get youth and talent back. Weh ave plenty more picks add depth at CB and drafting an OLB in the first round just isn't our thing. So, we trade Faneca and take Blalock. Fair trade and it means more picks!

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Timmons even though hes not my favorite.

SteelCityMan786
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Posluszny. Let's get another quality linebacker by drafting another one of Linebacker U's all time great linebackers.

BUT if going corner. Go the route of Leon Hall.

DON'T PICK REVIS! Sorry Pitt fans, but no one in Pitt's Defense except for maybe Blades impressed me at all last year.

kgreen
04-27-2007, 05:34 PM
If Blalock isn't there, then take Revis, he'll be a hell of a player and really make Ike earn his spot back. If he's gone then take Poz or Timmons.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-27-2007, 05:36 PM
No Revis, we don't need a DB in the 1st round ! Bring on the draft Im tired of mocks and what ifs..I just want to see who the hell we get :lol:

SteelerSteve
04-27-2007, 07:05 PM
My new pick is Jarvice Moss. Alan Branch would be cool but I dont see it happening

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-27-2007, 08:50 PM
Took Timmons off there board completely hmm

K Train
04-27-2007, 10:39 PM
Im convinced timmons will be a steeler unless willis drops a little futher than expected....say St louis...then i could see us trading up because we ARE aggressive drafters....which you wouldnt think we would be they way we run things lol.

Timmons in black in gold imo....ive decided lol

K Train
04-27-2007, 10:40 PM
BTW i hate even the mention of hall....hall is trash and i respect you guys being pitt fans but NO revis

Blitzburgh55
04-27-2007, 10:42 PM
I say Calvin Johnson is gonna tell all the other teams to go to hell and he wants to play for the steelers

House of Steel
04-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Possible we will draft Timmons, I see this happening the more I look into this. I do hope we can still get Anthony Spencer. There is a possiblity of trading down which someone has mentioned here numerous times, and I would be for that. This Draft is going to be very entertaining in my opinion.

BlackGold4vr
04-28-2007, 01:01 AM
I can't quote the whole article but Jim Wexell writes a great article in SteelCityInsider and I will give you the highlights.

The Lawrence Timmons bandwagon is filling up and I fail to understand the reason.

Timmons is the Florida State outside linebacker who played in a 4-3 scheme and is being projected as the Steelers first round pick by a throng of national journalists and a pack of locals, including those very close to the team.

I'd buy it, but for two things: One, I've seen him play, and two, I can't figure out where he'd play in a 3-4 scheme.

Can you tell Jim Wexell is unimpressed with Timmons?

Timmons stands a fraction under 6-1 and weighs only 234 lbs. There is no way in the world this kid - he'll turn 21 in May - will be able to put his hand on the ground in a four-man line on pass downs and put any pressure on the quarterback. Heck, he only had five sacks and two quarterback pressures last season, his only season as a starter. His 40 time of 4.65 is nothing special and his pro-day was so unimpressive it invoked apologies to the scouts and coaches present from his agent.

Timmons won't help on third down and he certainly won't hold the point on run downs as an outside backer in their 3-4.

Timmons instead projects to inside mack-backer behind Larry Foote, the youngest of the Steelers' championship linebackers and the one with the most time - three years - left on his contract.

So to make a long story short, Lawrence Timmons would be a mistake.

He goes on next about the O-line and he makes some valid points.

The other name the Steelers are leaking is Penn State offensive tackle Levi Brown (6-5, 323). They love his hands. Hmmm. Many scouts are worried about Brown's feet and believe he'll be nothing more than a right tackle, and the Steelers already have Max Starks, Willie Colon and Trai Essex at that position. Some scouts also worry about Brown's knee problems. Others worry about his performance "on the boards" during interviews.

Regardless, the Steelers bigger problem is their interior, where the good guard is fed up and the bad guard is in the last year of his contract. O-line coach Larry Zeirlein also prefers a big center to handle the nose guards who've given the Steelers so much trouble the last few years, but Chukky Okobi can't handle nose guards and newcomer Sean Mahan is only 301 pounds.

The answer at center is not another little technician such as Ryan Kalil, but a 320-pounder such as Texas RT-RG-C Justin Blalock. He had the highest Wonderlic (37) and the most reps (40) at the combine, but the Steelers will likely stick with Mahan since they've already spent the money.

The ideal draft, for me, would be to trade down - perhaps use Darelle Revis as bait - for a pass-rusher such as Purdue defensive end/outside linebacker Anthony Spencer, and then trade back up into the bottom of the first round for Blalock. Add a rugged running back such as Brian Leonard or Tony Hunt and they're on their way. That's the way to go. And if the Steelers are using Timmons as a smokescreen, I'll be the first to praise their unprecedented secrecy this draft season.

Those are some exerpts from Wexell's article in SteelCityInsider.com He doesn't seem happy that the leaks he is hearing are about Timmons and Brown. But as he also suggests these leaks could very well be smoke screens. Guess we will see tomorrow. :lol:

SteelerSteve
04-28-2007, 02:14 AM
I say Calvin Johnson is gonna tell all the other teams to go to hell and he wants to play for the steelersYES!!:tt02:

BlitzburghNation
04-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Guess whoever guessed "Timmons" got it right :clap:

I say we trade down with the NY Jets and take Anthony Spencer
is what my gut was telling me,but i'm very happy with "TIMMONS" :tt02: