PDA

View Full Version : Deal in the works?

BlackGold4vr
04-25-2007, 04:31 PM
By Adam Caplan/Tony Pauline
scout.com
Posted Apr 25, 2007

Scout.com has confirmed The Houston Texans and Denver Broncos are working on a deal in which the teams will exchange first round picks, giving the Broncos the tenth selection in round one. It's believed Denver is targeting three players with that choice--University of Mississippi LB Patrick Willis, University of Nebraska DL Adam Carriker, and University of Louisville DT Amobi Okoye.

Denver feels they must move ahead of San Francisco as the 49ers have Willis rated highly and could take him with the eleventh pick. If the trade occurs, the Texans will likely target University of Texas CB Aaron Ross later on in round one.

If Denver trades up to select Willis, that would give them the replacement they've been seeking for veteran MLB Al Wilson who was released on Tuesday. If Willis does indeed become a Bronco, that would end their pursuit of free agent MLB Ed Hartwell.

Hartwell, sources say, is hoping to sign a one-year deal before the start of Saturday's NFL draft. The Cincinnati Bengals are thought to be the front runner to sign him with the New England Patriots also in the mix.

As for Carriker, he's capable of playing in the interior in new defensive coordinator Jim Bates's scheme as well as line up outside at his natural spot.

If Okoye winds up being selected by Denver, he would give them a very solid young interior player with upside for their defensive line.

The significance of this article (although it does not involve Pittsburgh) is that I believe Carriker and Willis are both on the Steelers 1st round draft board. With one or both of these guys already gone it would favor the Steelers taking Anthony Spencer who many scouts believe is also on the Steelers radar. We will know in a couple days.

:tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2007, 04:57 PM
As we get closer more of these deals will start popping up. There's more and more teams looking to try and trade down now so at this point we could end up with the number 1 pick overall if wanted it bad enough :lol: well ok maybe not THAT big of a jump :greengrin:

House of Steel
04-25-2007, 06:20 PM
This is going to mess up everyone's mock draft for sure. OH WELL!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Okoye is going to take some polishing before he's the stud player that everyone knows he can be. I mean let's face it the dude is 19, a phenomenal player, smart as a whip ! He exploded onto the scene in 2003 as a 16 yr old NCAA player, that's just unheard of, and look at all he's accomplished in his career so far. He's something special indeed, but it'll take some work with him to get him up to his potential.

BlitzburghNation
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
"OKOYE" would look so great in the black & gold :lol: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

I do this crap every year,,,get overwhelmed with a player & knowing we are not going to get him :lol:

With that said,i'd be exteremly happy to get Spencer or Pozy :tt02: