PDA

View Full Version : About What Time Will The Steelers Be On The Clock

Steelerlyn
04-23-2007, 10:49 PM
The Steelers have the 15th pick, and will trade down to the 31st pick so I am thinking the Steelers will be on the clock around 8:00. What do you veterans think?

Koopa
04-23-2007, 10:56 PM
what???? why do you say they'll trade to the last pick of the first round???

and no it won't be at 8........the first day of the draft, they show the first 3 rounds....... the first 3 rounds are scheduled to end by at least 8 est, cause my spurs come on right after at 8 est............

BlitzburghRockCity
04-23-2007, 10:58 PM
15 min per pick in the 1st round. It's going to be atleast a few hours minimum till we get on the clock depending on how many times a team trades picks, because the clock starts over when that happens.

If we stay at 15, we could be on the clock around maybe 330-400 possibly.

DIESELMAN
04-23-2007, 11:11 PM
The Steelers have the 15th pick, and will trade down to the 31st pick so I am thinking the Steelers will be on the clock around 8:00. What do you veterans think?

Is that a guess Lyn? Or do you have a link for us dropping to the 31st pick? I think we'll drop down but I really hope we don't drop to 31, NE has 2 picks in the first rd, I'd like to see us get our pick before they do, especially since they might be drafting 2 D guys in the 1st rd.

Steelerlyn
04-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Is that a guess Lyn? Or do you have a link for us dropping to the 31st pick? I think we'll drop down but I really hope we don't drop to 31, NE has 2 picks in the first rd, I'd like to see us get our pick before they do, especially since they might be drafting 2 D guys in the 1st rd.

LOL, it is a guess and obviously not a popular one!

MillerTime83
04-23-2007, 11:37 PM
I see us droping down, but nothing as drastic as 31. maybe around 20-23, but 31 could make sense because the bears do have an early 2nd pick that i would like to pick up a Blaylock/Spencer at. I dont think the bears would like that though :)

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 12:52 AM
If we do drop down, I wouldn't think we'll go any lower than maybe 20-21 :2cents:

Koopa
04-24-2007, 02:06 AM
i don't think we are moving, we don't really benefit from it, might as well stay where we're at and just make just get spencer :lol:

DIESELMAN
04-24-2007, 03:45 AM
LOL, it is a guess and obviously not a popular one!

Its all good Lyn :bigthumb: Don't sweat it :cope: :cope: :cope:

MillerTime83
04-24-2007, 03:47 AM
Spencer will be there at 20-23. Personally i think Spencer will drop to the secound if the ravens and colts pass on him. I think the Steelers stay where they are and select a stud like willis. However if willis is gone the steelers should jump down and try to pick up anouther 2nd and then get spencer with the first and blaylock and hunt with there 2nd's. Bingo our needs are filled with more then just average joes. Thats just me personally :2cents: im sure the steelers orginization has there list of people they want just like everyone of us do.

I cant wait for draft day to see all the twists and turns.

BlackGold4vr
04-24-2007, 09:04 AM
There are a lot of teams who are looking O-line who just might be interested in trading their #1 pick for the likes of Faneca. He is a 6 time pro-bowler and is not going to be re-signing in Pittsburgh anyway. Why would a team trade a #1 pick you ask? Because if they wait until next year to grab him as a free agent they will have to win a bidding war to get him. If they trade for him now they could get him locked up in a long term deal for less than what it would take next year in the open market. Same scenario as Branch going to Seattle last year. Seattle doesn't get a first round pick this year but considering where they would be picking, could they have gotten a receiver better than Branch at that spot? Is there a better guard in this years draft who stands to contribute immediately at a pro-bowl caliber level?

Yes, it would hurt us slightly losing someone who knows the offense and plays at that level. But if we came out of the trade with two #1's it would go a long way towards filling that hole with a quality player who would be signed for the next 4 years for a fraction of what we would have to pay Faneca........and without the whine. I say that if there are buyers, we should be sellers! May as well get something out of losing him this year than nothing if we lose him next year!

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Im just not sure we could get a 1st rounder for Alan. He's on the downside of 30 here now and probably has a good 4 years left in him of being a top quality player assuming he doesn't get hurt.

Alot of teams could use him for sure but I don't know how many would actually part with a 1st round pick for him.