PDA

View Full Version : awsome

MillerTime83
04-23-2007, 11:49 PM
Draft Needs

Finally i guy that know what hes talking about.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/10145503

jasonbay
04-23-2007, 11:54 PM
So why is #3 need RB ? 1494 and 13 tds not enough ?

Koopa
04-23-2007, 11:59 PM
So why is #3 need RB ? 1494 and 13 tds not enough ?

smh, you don't follow the steelers much do you??? tomlin has made it clear he wants a 2 running back system......... and a bush or tony hunt type player will compliment him perfect....while dookie is our 3rd down back..........

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 12:01 AM
Finally, somebody who knows what they are talking about. If we got players at those 3 positions on day 1 I'd be ecstatic !

jasonbay
04-24-2007, 12:05 AM
smh, you don't follow the steelers much do you??? tomlin has made it clear he wants a 2 running back system......... and a bush or tony hunt type player will compliment him perfect....while dookie is our 3rd down back..........

I follow them plenty I just seemed to miss that . Tomlin what a tool lets waste a draft pick when we got a RB that can handle the job.

Koopa
04-24-2007, 12:10 AM
I follow them plenty I just seemed to miss that . Tomlin what a tool lets waste a draft pick when we got a RB that can handle the job.

obviously you just look at stats, willie struggled a lot in big games and on the road, we need a back up for willie.....big time...........

House of Steel
04-24-2007, 12:11 AM
We do need a two back system, Jason. I am all for drafting a RB.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 12:12 AM
Jason, you'll find many members on here would rather have a RB because they aren't confident in Najeh to carry the load for us along with Willie.

I want us to take a RB for quality/depth purposes and to get some good competition in camp to fight for the backup role to Willie. That way we have more bodies in camp, and more of a chance to make sure we have the right RB in there spelling Willie on gameday. I have confidence in Najeh to do the job and I hope that he does, but we need to make sure we have atleast 3 solid RB's in the stable, along with capable backups.

jasonbay
04-24-2007, 12:14 AM
No I dont just look at stats but nice try on genarizing me , I have full faith in Willie and whole heartly believe he is the man and no need for anyone else to come along and assist him in being the man. Im sorry I have a different opinion , someone having a different opinion than you who would of thought .

House of Steel
04-24-2007, 12:15 AM
I couldn't had said it better, Matt, :iagree:

House of Steel
04-24-2007, 12:17 AM
No I dont just look at stats but nice try on genarizing me , I have full faith in Willie and whole heartly believe he is the man and no need for anyone else to come along and assist him in being the man. Im sorry I have a different opinion , someone having a different opinion than you who would of thought .

So you rather have him carry that ball the whole game and wear the living hell out of him, then come playoff time, he is so worn out, he sucks badly. The need of a two back system will keep him fresh and renew come crunch time. We need a Dozer to bowl those defender over and then have the Ferrai in the garage aka Willie to take off like hell when the defenders are so worn out from trying to take the Dozer out. Trust me, Tomlin knows exactly what we need.

MillerTime83
04-24-2007, 12:21 AM
also if wille goes down what now. I really want us to get hunt because i do like the 2 back plan. We did a good job in the 2 back system in 2005 and u seen where that got us. Davenport is a bumb and I dont want to see him touch the rock more then one time a game. After all he couldnt even beat out samkon gato 2 years ago and has been a backup basically his whole time in the nfl. Bottom line its not aour greatest needs, but we need a RB.

Also I am a Parker Hater. He might break a big play every here or there, but other then that he leaves us with too many 3rd and 8's. Maybe i should lay off, but i just dont think hes a true steeler ,pound the ball, running back Hunt is.

But I think the 2 back system will suit Wille perfect and i will get off his back.

House of Steel
04-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Great post, Millertime83. Very well said. I will admit, yes, he does leave us with some third and longs, but you know darn well why, the offensive line SUCKED last season.

MillerTime83
04-24-2007, 12:25 AM
yes it did. :) thats why i am torn between Blaylock and Hunt in the secound round. I want them both damn it!

DIESELMAN
04-24-2007, 12:49 AM

Thats probably not all you missed. Where do you get off calling Tomlin a tool? We haven't even made the first pick in the draft yet and your condemning him for what someone said in a article. Talk about being a tool.....get it together bro. Willie can handle the ball fine, theres no doubt about that but we need a capable RB to not only spell Willie but to also be our change of pace RB.

okiesteeler
04-24-2007, 12:56 AM
its a little early to start calling our new coach, who has not even coached a pre season game or scrimmage, a tool. Let's give him a chance, there was a lot of people calling for the removal of Cowher over the last several years, because he had not won a championship

Koopa
04-24-2007, 12:59 AM
yes it did. :) thats why i am torn between Blaylock and Hunt in the secound round. I want them both damn it!

if my boy blalock (who i've followed the last 4 years) is there when we pick in the 2nd round, we have to take him, he'd be a complete steal there, whereas hunt would be considered a reach that early.............

RckyMtnStlrFan
04-24-2007, 01:17 AM

I also agree that Willie can handle the job, but what if Willie gets hurt? Do you really think Najeh can handle it? I like him, but he can't replace Willie and you have to think about the "what ifs".

We need more depth at RB, period.

I think that OLB, G and RB are deffinately our main needs. In that order.

K Train
04-24-2007, 01:57 AM
just because willie can do it doesnt mean we want him to, he needs to stat fresh

Koopa
04-24-2007, 03:05 AM
i still believe willie hasn't proven he can handle it, sure you look at his stats and see yeah it looks like he can, but he struggles against any defense that is legit or on the road

we need a big back that can pound (and no, dookie is not a pounder, he's just a fat willie parker)

we'd benefit so much more letting willie share the ball, he's still gonna get his yards, he probably won't get as many td's but who cares who gets them, just as long as we are getting them...........

ARKIESTEEL
04-24-2007, 08:26 AM
What hapened to the big boy we picked last year Khun or whatever his name was seems he did ok the few times he got a chance

SteelersWoman
04-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Depth/change of pace...either/or, we can use it.

jasonbay
04-24-2007, 09:16 AM
@Dieselman - I have a opinion thats all I just dont blindly eat and swallow what Steelers do just because im a Steelers fan, I dont believe he was the best man for the job and he hasnt done anything to prove otherwise untill he starts doing some thing I like Im going to be in that catergory if you guys like that idea or not

@ Everyone else who is basicly calling me a moron because I dont believe our #3 need is RB , I never once said that we shouldnt take a RB in the draft , I have a opinion if we're going to use 4 wr sets like Bruce Arians wants to do a #3 need is WR , We have Ward , Holmes , Washington and then Wilson I am a confirmed hater of him and believe we should cut him and seeing im on the defense I never thought sign Najeh was a good idea either. There is no need to waste a draft pick before the the biggest 3 needs are filled because Willie can do it.

DIESELMAN
04-24-2007, 10:22 AM
@Dieselman - I have a opinion thats all I just dont blindly eat and swallow what Steelers do just because im a Steelers fan, I dont believe he was the best man for the job and he hasnt done anything to prove otherwise untill he starts doing some thing I like Im going to be in that catergory if you guys like that idea or not

Your right man, everybody has a right to their opinion, I got no beef with that. You say he hasn't done anything to prove hes the man for the job? Likewise he hasn't done anything yet to prove hes a tool. It does go both ways right? or just the way you want it to to justify calling him a "tool"?

BlackGold4vr
04-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Your right man, everybody has a right to their opinion, I got no beef with that. You say he hasn't done anything to prove hes the man for the job? Likewise he hasn't done anything yet to prove hes a tool. It does go both ways right? or just the way you want it to to justify calling him a "tool"?

:iagree:

You can't reason with a "hater". If Tomlin goes on to win multiple Super Bowls as our coach people will say, "well, most of the team was in place when he got there so he had nothing to do with it." You won't convince a hater otherwise, they will fabricate reasons to hate and will be more slippery than an eel if you try to pin them down for one. Every move the team makes will be scrutinized by arm chair quarterbacks that will never be privy to or see things from the "big picture" that the Rooney's or Kevin Colbert do. IMO to be so critical of moves the ownership has made (before the fruits of those moves have even had a chance to be tasted) is displaying a complete lack of trust or respect for the ownership and management. You are saying that the Rooney's are idiots and you know better than they do what is best for the team........yeah right. I for one am glad you are not making the decisions! The Rooney's are hailed around the league for making pretty wise football decisions.......and those are opinions from our competitors. You might want to show just a little trust and respect for the family that loves the city of Pittsburgh and has managed to make our team one of the best franchises in sports history. If you could just show a fraction of the loyalty that the Rooney's have had for the city of Pittsburgh. Do you know that the population of the city is less than half of what it was in the 70's? No doubt the Rooney's could have easily pulled an Art Modell and moved the franchise somewhere else but they didn't. Because they have some loyalty to the city and to it's fans, you should show them a little respect.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
i still believe willie hasn't proven he can handle it, sure you look at his stats and see yeah it looks like he can, but he struggles against any defense that is legit or on the road

we need a big back that can pound (and no, dookie is not a pounder, he's just a fat willie parker)

we'd benefit so much more letting willie share the ball, he's still gonna get his yards, he probably won't get as many td's but who cares who gets them, just as long as we are getting them...........

Willie has alot to prove just like everyone else. He's the man for our team, he's the starter, he's earned the right to be in incumbent guy for us. We need to fight though as if he's a rookie and trying to win the job. He needs to have the mindset like everybody else does, and that's that we are trying to win a championship. It doesn't matter what you did last year, or even last week. We need him to be productive, along with all of our backs.

Willie's struggles can be attributed alot to the OL that never blocked for him last year. The OL, Willie, WR's, Ben, everybody was at fault for a subpar year and they all need to step up. If we get the OL fixed it will go a long way to everything else coming together.

Koopa
04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Willie has alot to prove just like everyone else. He's the man for our team, he's the starter, he's earned the right to be in incumbent guy for us. We need to fight though as if he's a rookie and trying to win the job. He needs to have the mindset like everybody else does, and that's that we are trying to win a championship. It doesn't matter what you did last year, or even last week. We need him to be productive, along with all of our backs.

Willie's struggles can be attributed alot to the OL that never blocked for him last year. The OL, Willie, WR's, Ben, everybody was at fault for a subpar year and they all need to step up. If we get the OL fixed it will go a long way to everything else coming together.

he struggled against legit defenses in 05 too, hell if it wasn't for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl, he would've yet again sucked it up against a legit defense

and ppl, don't take this as i don't like willie, he is one of my favorite players...... and i'm not saying he shouldn't be our starter......... i'm just saying, he hasn't proven anything, he racks up all his yards against the **** teams...........

Koopa
04-24-2007, 02:17 PM

what has any of our other candidates proved though??? grimm has been nothing more then a position coach, and gets passed over for rookie head coaches that have coached under dungy........ whiz, what has he proven??? that he can call plays yeah, but he hasn't proven anything as a head coach.......... and rivera hasn't proven anything............so your argument isn't very valid, because known of the guys that had a legit shot at being our new head coach hadn't proven a damn thing...................... whiz will flop, grimm will never get a chance cause he's just a beer drinking slob......... and tomlin will be here for a long times, maybe not winning superbowls, but we'll be in contention, just about every year..........

WeRideinCOx5
04-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I believe we'll pick up a BIG back as well which is needed for that 1-2 punch that the BUS provided the running game.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 06:16 PM
he struggled against legit defenses in 05 too, hell if it wasn't for a 75 yard dash in the superbowl, he would've yet again sucked it up against a legit defense

and ppl, don't take this as i don't like willie, he is one of my favorite players...... and i'm not saying he shouldn't be our starter......... i'm just saying, he hasn't proven anything, he racks up all his yards against the **** teams...........

He's far from perfect, he's got a lot to learn about reading defense, picking the right holes to run through every time, how to handle the ball in traffic, etc. He is getting better though and he's come a long way. I have all the faith in the world in him that he can do it, he just needs to apply himself and get the OL going and he'll be fine.

In 2005 He was basically a rookie and didn't know how to be an effective runner, he basically just ran away from everyone. In 2006 the OL sucked but you could see he was making good strides, now in 2007 it's time to put it all together.

K Train
04-24-2007, 06:23 PM
I believe we'll pick up a BIG back as well which is needed for that 1-2 punch that the BUS provided the running game.

get away from the big back bus thing, how about we get an effective RB regardless of how big or small he is...not all strong RBs are big at all, they are just hard runners. we wont find another bus, although i really want bush...who is that "big back" you guys are looking for

TEEMONT
04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
finally, someone else gets ganged on....lol.

The more I think about it though, I do think RB is going to be a need. I wouldn't mind to see Hunt in the 3rd round....I think the 2nd is going to be a bit high for him. And the more I see Blaylock, the more I like him.

Koopa
04-24-2007, 06:52 PM
just to let everyone know, it's not blaylock, it's blalock :lol:, that's like the 80th time i've seen someone not spell it right :lol:

K Train
04-24-2007, 07:18 PM
i always spell it blalock lol, i always notice when people **** it up too lol

DIESELMAN
04-24-2007, 08:23 PM
:iagree:

You can't reason with a "hater". If Tomlin goes on to win multiple Super Bowls as our coach people will say, "well, most of the team was in place when he got there so he had nothing to do with it." You won't convince a hater otherwise, they will fabricate reasons to hate and will be more slippery than an eel if you try to pin them down for one. Every move the team makes will be scrutinized by arm chair quarterbacks that will never be privy to or see things from the "big picture" that the Rooney's or Kevin Colbert do. IMO to be so critical of moves the ownership has made (before the fruits of those moves have even had a chance to be tasted) is displaying a complete lack of trust or respect for the ownership and management. You are saying that the Rooney's are idiots and you know better than they do what is best for the team........yeah right. I for one am glad you are not making the decisions! The Rooney's are hailed around the league for making pretty wise football decisions.......and those are opinions from our competitors. You might want to show just a little trust and respect for the family that loves the city of Pittsburgh and has managed to make our team one of the best franchises in sports history. If you could just show a fraction of the loyalty that the Rooney's have had for the city of Pittsburgh. Do you know that the population of the city is less than half of what it was in the 70's? No doubt the Rooney's could have easily pulled an Art Modell and moved the franchise somewhere else but they didn't. Because they have some loyalty to the city and to it's fans, you should show them a little respect.

:plus1: Well put. The Rooneys have made wise football decisions not only for the Steelers but for the NFL as well. They've got the proven record of choosing their coaches, 3 coaches since 1969........:cope: :cope:

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Parker needs a breather and he can be fresher if we have another back. Plus a guy like Tony Hunt will get the defence more on they're heels so Parker will probelly be more succesfull with another back

jasonbay
04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
what has any of our other candidates proved though??? grimm has been nothing more then a position coach, and gets passed over for rookie head coaches that have coached under dungy........ whiz, what has he proven??? that he can call plays yeah, but he hasn't proven anything as a head coach.......... and rivera hasn't proven anything............so your argument isn't very valid, because known of the guys that had a legit shot at being our new head coach hadn't proven a damn thing...................... whiz will flop, grimm will never get a chance cause he's just a beer drinking slob......... and tomlin will be here for a long times, maybe not winning superbowls, but we'll be in contention, just about every year..........

Who said I agreed with Whiz or Grimm , I do think Rivera would have been a better candidate though , well Im done with this debate here because its quite clear im getting attacked for my opinion.

Koopa
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
i don't see any attacks there, just a straight up *** whopping in a debate that you can't rebuttal........ but i guess you feel you are being attacked cause most of us don't agree with you

but again, what has rivera proved??? your original point was that tomlin hasn't proven anything, rivera hasn't either..........so i guess you need to find a new arguing point to be taken serious.........