PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

nflman
04-23-2007, 09:57 AM
please tell me, I have seen nthis guy play for 3 years now, he is good..but i don't get the big deal over him.. it seems he struggled a lot last year.. are u guys worried about him for the 2007 season?

SteelerSal
04-23-2007, 10:02 AM
HELLO, the whole team struggled. And did you forget the accident, apendix and concussions?:scratch:

WeRideinCOx5
04-23-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm not worried about this season because he should be back to top form. I do believe he did played sort of timid last season.

TEEMONT
04-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Woah, buddy don't question Big Ben here, you will get crucified.

I agree with you though, he still has a lot to prove before I label him the next Terry Bradshaw.

House of Steel
04-23-2007, 10:24 AM
He already proved his wits. The whole team struggled last year and now they got a big season of proving everyone that last year's record was a major fluke. Tomlin is going to the right the ship and Ben will rebound nicely.

PsychoWard
04-23-2007, 11:00 AM
come on here guys he was the youngest qb to ever win a superbowl then he got into a accident that nearly killed him. i give the guy all the credit in the world for even playing last year with all the stuff that he went through!!! i have no worries and all the faith in ben that he will be just as he was two years ago when he won the superbowl!!!

steelersgal86
04-23-2007, 11:02 AM
come on here guys he was the youngest qb to ever win a superbowl then he got into a accident that nearly killed him. i give the guy all the credit in the world for even playing last year with all the stuff that he went through!!! i have no worries and all the faith in ben that he will be just as he was two years ago when he won the superbowl!!!

:ditto: :ditto:

AZ_Steeler
04-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Ben will be fine, he had a lot of off season distractions last year year and I don't think he fully recovered :dunno: Ben will be fine and back to form this year! :bigthumb:

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I really don't think we have a choice but to think that he will be fine.

SteelerSteve
04-24-2007, 12:59 AM
You dont see the big deal with him? well obviously you must not of seen him during the '06 playoffs, cause he kicked ***, he went 15-1 his rookie season, won the superbowl his second as the youngest starting QB ever, so I think that he has proven to be an elite quarterback at a young age. The guy had a rough season, but so did the whole team, everyone does, as far as being worried about him, yeah I am a little worried any fan probably is but I also expect him to be back and as good, or better than ever.:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 01:05 AM
It's all up to Ben, I think he's got to believe in himself that's the biggest thing. If he doesn't get over the bad year of last year then he will struggle. We will go as far as Ben goes. He's our leader, we wouldn't have won the SB without him, we all know that.

Yes it is very possible that he will struggle this year, it's squarely on his shoulders to put in the work, keep his attitude up, his head clear and focus while making sure he doesn't lose sight of the fact of having fun !

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Woah, buddy don't question Big Ben here, you will get crucified.

I agree with you though, he still has a lot to prove before I label him the next Terry Bradshaw.

Ain't nobody getting crucified for thinking Ben could have a bad year, or atleast only average best...see my previous post.

Ben has had more success early on than any other QB in history, now it's time to focus and put in the work because if he doesn't he'll be just another average young QB struggling to find himself again.

DIESELMAN
04-24-2007, 01:44 AM
With a new coaching staff who will make the playbook simpler (he still has to learn new terms) Ben should be fine. Last year was a growing year for him, with all the problems and adversity, he never gave up, he still came out and played. I think he learned a big lesson and will make the best of it this season.

BBG7
04-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Everyone seems to want to blame Ben for last year...but the whole team started out horribly but everyone wants to forget that....yes, including our offensive line. Look at the "wonderful Peyton Manning" and what happened to him when the Steelers had him running for his life in the playoffs 2 yrs. ago...he couldn't do anything and put all of the blame on his offensive line!!! The positive side is the team came together in the end and finished the season 6-2...and I think that is a big plus. Ben will be fine!!! He is getting a fresh start with new coaches and I have complete confindence that he will prove all of his doubters wrong!

ARKIESTEEL
04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
:tt02: I think Ben will do fine this year as long as he dont get sick or play bumper cars.. With a more simple play book and a O-line that dont play like they are out of shape He will do well:tt02:

steelcurtaingal
04-24-2007, 08:05 AM

:yesnod: i agree with psycho up here. and stillers, its not everyone we crucify for bashing big ben, just you.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Early indications are that Ben is going to have a very good year. If he continues to put in the work this offseason ,and stays healthy there's no reason he won't come out this Sept and play like the Ben we're used to seeing :woot: