PDA

View Full Version : Jersey's that need to be retired

okiesteeler
04-22-2007, 01:23 AM
IMO there are a few jersey numbers that need to be retired and not worn anymore. One of them high on my list is number 26. I personally do not think there is anyone that can come close to being as good as Rod Woodson was, and even though I like him, DeShea Townsend is not worthy of wearing Woodson's number

BB2W
04-22-2007, 01:31 AM
If Woodson would have finished his career in Pittsburgh or won a Superbowl here I think his jersey would be retired. :2cents:

BlitzburghNation
04-22-2007, 01:32 AM
IMO there are a few jersey numbers that need to be retired and not worn anymore. One of them high on my list is number 26. I personally do not think there is anyone that can come close to being as good as Rod Woodson was, and even though I like him, DeShea Townsend is not worthy of wearing Woodson's number

Not really a big believer in retiring numbers :popcorn:
Only one for me would be #58,,,,,,,No-one wears that # anyways :dunno:
Relax dude,it's just a number :popcorn:

Steelerlyn
04-22-2007, 01:36 AM
The Steelers do not officially retire #s and it may be beause of free agency and few stay with the same team their whole career :dunno:

okiesteeler
04-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Woodson would have finished his career in Pittsburgh, but the Steelers thought that his best days were behind him, after his injury. He went on to show that he was still as good a player after rehab as before. Sure he lost a step or two, but he was still one of the best in the league. I hate that he had to go to the Ratbirds to get his superbowl victory.

OneSteelSoldier
04-22-2007, 01:39 AM
IMO there are a few jersey numbers that need to be retired and not worn anymore. One of them high on my list is number 26. I personally do not think there is anyone that can come close to being as good as Rod Woodson was, and even though I like him, DeShea Townsend is not worthy of wearing Woodson's numberI like the way the Raiders do it, they don't retire numbers They want the memory of those players left on the field in the form of their numbers, not a banner hanging in the team shop or elsewhere. I would love to see 12, 32, 52, 58, 59......etc, on the football field. IMO:tt02:

Iron City South
04-22-2007, 08:46 AM
There is only 1 number that needs to be retired in Pittsburgh ... and it's not because we want to pay tribute to the man or remember him for his accomplishments. It would be because we want to forget him .... thus nobody would be allowed to wear the number or speak his name ever again essentially wiping him out of Steeler history forever. :nono:

:anon: 10 :anon:

BlitzburghNation
04-22-2007, 08:51 AM
There is only 1 number that needs to be retired in Pittsburgh ... and it's not because we want to pay tribute to the man or remember him for his accomplishments. It would be because we want to forget him .... thus nobody would be allowed to wear the number or speak his name ever again essentially wiping him out of Steeler history forever. :nono:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

House of Steel
04-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Yeah but too bad that is Santonio Holmes' number now. LOL

Why couldn't the Steelers do a Steel Ring of Honor for the legends in History circling Heinz Field? I know it would be way too crowded. I think it would be cool.

Stlrs4Life
04-22-2007, 10:19 AM
That would work HOS.

House of Steel
04-22-2007, 10:51 AM
IF that would work, then why wouldn't the Rooney consider it? You think maybe they might be working on that as a surprise for the 75th Anniversary? That would be something.

SteelerDan43
04-22-2007, 11:30 AM
The only official retired number is 70 Ernie Stautner

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2007, 12:12 PM
The Steelers do not officially retire #s and it may be beause of free agency and few stay with the same team their whole career :dunno:

Very true, we don't officially retire numbers. There are several numbers that will never be handed out again though such as 12, 32, 58, 52, etc. If we didn't need 88 and 82 every year they wouldnt be handed out either.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 12:17 PM
eh, I dont like retiring numbers....

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Very true, we don't officially retire numbers. There are several numbers that will never be handed out again though such as 12, 32, 58, 52, etc. If we didn't need 88 and 82 every year they wouldnt be handed out either.

I don't think 36 should be handed out again.:bigthumb:Nobody can wear 36 like Bus did.

House of Steel
04-22-2007, 12:28 PM
:iagree: Oh Big Time!!!!!

Ambridge
04-23-2007, 08:37 AM

LOL!!

I still feel bad for Santonio Holmes getting stuck with #10.