PDA

View Full Version : Smizik: Could Steelers be headed for a losing season?

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Smizik: Could Steelers be headed for a losing season? :nono: :nono: :nono:
Saturday, April 21, 2007

By Bob Smizik, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://post-gazette.com/pg/07111/779932-194.stm

As the Steelers take to the field this weekend with a voluntary minicamp at their South Side complex, hopes run high for the team whose following dwarfs that of any other in town. A return to prominence, perhaps to the Super Bowl, is on the minds of most fans.

But while optimism reigns, a dangerous trend is all but obscured. Super Bowl victories, understandably, have a considerable effect on masking negative statistics.

Still, what cannot be dismissed in evaluating the team's chances is this: In the past three regular seasons, the Steelers have gone from 15-1 to 11-5 to 8-8.

If such a downward drift continues, the Steelers will be 6-10 in the 2007 season. Don't laugh. It could happen, as it did in 2003. That 6-10 season was preceded by ones where the records were 10-5-1 and 13-3.

Maybe Bill Cowher didn't just want to spend more time with his family. Maybe he saw the future and wanted to get out with his reputation unsullied and nothing to stand in the way of him becoming the highest-paid coach in the NFL in 2008.

This isn't to suggest the Steelers are doomed to another playoff-less season or even a losing record, but to point out such a finish is hardly out of the question.

There has been a significant unraveling of the team that won the Super Bowl after the 2005 season. Not only is Cowher gone, but so are his two top offensive assistants -- Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhunt. So are two players who were Pro Bowl performers as recently as 2005 -- Joey Porter and Jeff Hartings, both of whom were key team leaders.

Team captain, perennial Pro Bowler and all-around solid citizen Alan Faneca did not show for the voluntary minicamp yesterday and is believed to be unhappy with his contract that expires after the 2007 season.

In some organizations, these happenings would be reason to panic. In some organizations, it would be time to run out and find high-profile coaches to replace those that departed, and time to spend madly in the free-agent market to secure the kind of talent that would turn the team back into a winner.

The Steelers, of course, are not "some organization." They do things the "Steelers Way," which means they never panic. It is business as usual -- always -- with the Steelers.

It may seem maddening at times, it may seem stupid at times, it may seem cheap at times. But in the end, it usually looks pretty good. Doing things the "Steelers Way" has made them one of the most successful teams in the NFL.

The manner in which the Rooney family replaced their departing coaches speaks directly to the "Steelers Way."

When Cowher left, they didn't throw big money after a big name, which is what a lot of teams will do to Cowher when he decides to return.

Instead, they replaced him with Mike Tomlin, an obscure defensive coordinator with the Minnesota Vikings.

To fill out Tomlin's staff, they didn't necessarily hunt down the best, the brightest and the most expensive.

To replace Whisenhunt, they promoted from within and named receivers coach Bruce Arians as their offensive coordinator.

To replace Grimm, regarded by many as the best there is in the NFL, they brought in Larry Zierlein, who had been the assistant offensive line coach with the Buffalo Bills.

To replace running backs coach Dick Hoak, the man who tutored Franco Harris and Jerome Bettis, they brought in Kirby Wilson, who had the same job last season with Tampa Bay.

To replace Arians as receivers coach, they hired Randy Fichtner, who had been the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach at the University of Memphis for the previous six years.

None of the above is to make light of the new coaches. Good coaches can be found on every level of football. But it points out how the Steelers do business.

The team's player personnel moves in the offseason were equally restrained.

If the Steelers noted their victory total had been alarmingly decreasing, they didn't let on. Well after the big names had been plucked, they signed offensive lineman Sean Mahan to a five-year, $17 million contract. Mahan, who played more guard than center in his four seasons with Tampa Bay, looks to be nothing more than a journeyman. He will compete with Chukky Okobi and possibly starting guard Kendall Simmons for Hartings' old job.

They also signed linebacker Marcello Church, who, because of injury, has not played since December of 2005 when he was a senior at Florida State, and defensive end Nick Eason, who was a backup with the Cleveland Browns.

In terms of talent, they lost considerably more -- Hartings and Porter -- than they gained -- Mahan, Church and Eason.

For a team that has gone from 15-1 to 11-5 to 8-8, that would not appear to be a good direction in which to be moving.

(I don't know what to think of this article, am I mad or disappointed, Of course. Although, he does make some interesting points especially in the bold. We did lose a lot of good talent and brought in mediocre. the Steelers are known as winners and they know what they're doing. Obviously, we got a chance for an winning season at 11-5.)

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I think it's premature to predict how we will do, it's only minicamp right now and the draft hasn't even happened yet.

At the same time it's a very real possibility that this team could struggle this year. There's alot of changes taking place, some familiar faces are gone and the team will need to adjust to a lot of things in 2007. Can we have a winning season and get back to the playoffs this year? Of course we can, we have a good mix of youth and veterans and most of this team was on the SB winning team in the 2005 season.

Nothing is a given and with the way things are shaping up in the AFCN, it's anybody's division at this point and the Steelers cannot afford a let down in any way.

SteelersWoman
04-21-2007, 08:18 AM
All of those statistics are during Bill's reign as HC.

This year will be a year unlike anything the organization has faced in at least 15 years, so I really don't understand how Smizik can even bring up all those past numbers.

If Cowher were still here, it would make perfect sense--and perhaps that IS why he decided to leave--but putting forth the idea that the very same trend will continue with an almost entirely different coach and coaching staff is a bit premature IMO.

Besides--he's a new coach, ANYthing could happen. This could be a "learning year" and we might not do so well. Or he could have a Big Ben type of rookie year and blow the doors off the competition. Either way, he's only one man, and there's a LOT of other people and positions that have to do THEIR job to make this coming season a success. In my mind, it doesn't rest squarely on Mike Tomlin's shoulders--everyone--EVERYone has to do their job to make it happen.

DIESELMAN
04-21-2007, 08:36 AM
In the past three regular seasons, the Steelers have gone from 15-1 to 11-5 to 8-8.....It could happen, as it did in 2003. That 6-10 season was preceded by ones where the records were 10-5-1 and 13-3.

I hate to break it to this guy but those are 3 year streaks of goin down. Now its time to bring it back up a couple of notches and show the rest of the NFL what they need to be scared of.....:cope: :cope: :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Don't forget too, that nobody could have forseen BC doing so well in his rookie campaign and getting us into the playoffs, and he was also following a legend and super bowl winning coach in Chuck Noll. Now Tomlin comes in following a Legend and SB winning coach in BC so the pressure is there but it's a very real possibility that we could do well or we could stink up the joint. It's all based on how the team responds to the new system, coaches, and overall design of the team as Tomlin begins to mold us into the team he wants.

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I really like all of your reactions so far to this article. I think this guy was high on crack and drunk as hell when he wrote this. I can't believe anyone having the guts to pull this article off in Pittsburgh.

DIESELMAN
04-21-2007, 08:55 AM
Truthfully I think a lot of players are happy Cowher is gone. We as fans don't know what has gone on behind closed doors while Cowher was here. Slowly some players have made off the cuff comments about Cowher and their relationship with him, also throw in the fact of Cowher playing his favorite players instead of players who should have been playing. Attitudes form from different circumstances, I just think most every player is anxious to get out there and show Tomlin that they can play football with no one hanging over there shoulder. Like a lot of people have said, its a new day with new fresher attitudes for our Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Im sure there are many players who are happy for the change in scenery at the top. Those that are still holding on to what was, or what they wished would have happend so far this offseason so it will be interesting to see how fast Tomlin can win over their trust into his system.

It will help to have some of the coaches from before still around to help cushion the adjustment period. We can't forget that these players are human beings too, regardless of the size of their paycheck or the fact that they play in the NFL so they need time to work through things too.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Truthfully I think a lot of players are happy Cowher is gone. We as fans don't know what has gone on behind closed doors while Cowher was here. Slowly some players have made off the cuff comments about Cowher and their relationship with him, also throw in the fact of Cowher playing his favorite players instead of players who should have been playing. Attitudes form from different circumstances, I just think most every player is anxious to get out there and show Tomlin that they can play football with no one hanging over there shoulder. Like a lot of people have said, its a new day with new fresher attitudes for our Steelers.

Some interesting points in there about Bill Cowher Diesel. Hey I liked Bill Cowher but I felt it was time for a change. I thought the Steelers needed a fresh perspective. So I agree with alot you said in this post.:bigthumb:

BBG7
04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Some interesting points in there about Bill Cowher Diesel. Hey I liked Bill Cowher but I felt it was time for a change. I thought the Steelers needed a fresh perspective. So I agree with alot you said in this post.:bigthumb:

I feel the same. I liked Cowher, but I really think it was time the Steelers get a breath of fresh air....and I think Tomlin is the perfect guy for the job. I agree it has been interesting to see some of the players make little statements about Cowher and their relationship now that he is gone.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-22-2007, 01:23 AM
i disagree with that bullcrap about Cowher leaving though

okiesteeler
04-22-2007, 01:35 AM
So do you think that Cowher will be back coaching next year? If so where do you think he will go? Did it surprise anyone that Rooney hired Tomlin? He has been the leading component of bringing in minority coaches, so I figured that Tomlin would be the guy when i first saw him.

Stlrs4Life
04-22-2007, 10:23 AM
I really like all of your reactions so far to this article. I think this guy was high on crack and drunk as hell when he wrote this. I can't believe anyone having the guts to pull this article off in Pittsburgh.

All of the Sportswriters in Pittsburgh suck, with the exception maybe of Ed Bouchette. Molinari at times you would swear is a Pats fan, and a Pens hater.

House of Steel
04-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I know I would be a name in Pittsburgh if I had a chance to become a sportswriter. I like Ed Bouchette a lot, I've written to him a few times commenting on his writing. He is a nice guy.

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Is there any question at all that if Big Ben doesn't have a brush with the grim reaper prior to the season, we make the playoffs? I would love to see this guy sit down after the Steelers secure a playoff spot this year and eat about 100 copies of that article shredded and served with a nice vinigrette! Why don't you move to Cleveland Bob, where you can share your desire to rub elbows with losers like yourself?

House of Steel
04-22-2007, 12:02 PM
:iagree: I would probably shoot him if he ever came to Cleveland.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this article at all. There is a legitimate chance of us hving a losing season next year. When BC came into the league he didn't inherit a team that was having as much turnover as we are now.

I think Tomlin will do fine in his first season as HC, I'm just not expecting a 13-3 record like some of you are. I seriously don't think 7-9 this year would be out of the question. However like TG said, we havent even had the draft yet. Teams can get so much better with a good draft, which is what we really need right now. This year isn't even really the year that worries me, it's the '08 season.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this article at all. There is a legitimate chance of us hving a losing season next year. When BC came into the league he didn't inherit a team that was having as much turnover as we are now.

I think Tomlin will do fine in his first season as HC, I'm just not expecting a 13-3 record like some of you are. I seriously don't think 7-9 this year would be out of the question. However like TG said, we havent even had the draft yet. Teams can get so much better with a good draft, which is what we really need right now. This year isn't even really the year that worries me, it's the '08 season.

Good post Stillers:bigthumb:................................ I'm with you man I'm not expecting 13-3 at all. When the schedule was released and how the talk on here was the Steelers winning 13-14 games this year is just crazy at this point. If the Steelers have a good draft and everything goes right this year for the most part I see 10-11 wins. But if the Steelers have a so-so draft and things turn out like last year then a lossing season isn't out of the question at all.

How I feel about this upcoming year if the Oline plays like the Oline were used to seeing and if Ben bounces back strong then I think the Steelers could have a top five offense in the NFL this year. I know you might not agree with that since I think more highly of Ben then you do. But the Steelers do have alot of young talent on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm worried about the pass rush on defense. It was inconsistent last year and now Porter is gone. I think Harrison can do the job but he has never started a whole season. So thats a question mark to me also.

As for the special teams. I won't even get started. The whole unit needs revamped.:bluelol: But ditching Gardocki would be my first move.

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM

Not expecting 13-3 and would never make a statement like that. However, a 10-6 or even an 11-5 season are not out of the realm of possibility. Not sure how you could look at this seasons schedule and think that we're lucky to win 7 games. Worrying about two seasons from now is like worrying about global warming.....ridiculous. I'm sure I could find people who hate our team who have higher expectations for us than you do. :scratch:

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM
We as Steeler fans sometimes have problems separating our loyalty and excitement for our team from the reality that exists too. Hell Im guilty of it at times, being alittle too optimistic. We have the talent to go 13-3 this year, there is ZERO doubt in my mind of that. However the fact is that there are many questions that need to be answered going into this season and our schedule is no cake walk. The 2nd half is brutal by 3rd place team standards so it's going to take total team effort and full bore concentration every week if we're going to have a winning season and get back to the playoffs.

There are a lot of tough games and we need fight for every play, every first down, every score and leave it all on the field and see what happens.

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2007, 12:31 PM
I am so sure that you are dead wrong with your predictions Stillers#1 that I will bet you every penny of SA gold that I have that we will make the playoffs. The day we are mathematically eliminated I will transfer every cent of SA Gold that I have over to you. And when we have made the playoffs I would expect you to transfer an amount equal to what I have at stake into my bank (since you have considerably more $$). Sound fair? Regardless of what my account holds at that time you don't stand to lose anymore than you could gain. Guess I'm challenging you to put your money where your mouth is.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 12:42 PM
Not expecting 13-3 and would never make a statement like that. However, a 10-6 or even an 11-5 season are not out of the realm of possibility. Not sure how you could look at this seasons schedule and think that we're lucky to win 7 games. Worrying about two seasons from now is like worrying about global warming.....ridiculous. I'm sure I could find people who hate our team who have higher expectations for us than you do. :scratch:

Yeesh, now I'm a bad fan b/c I don't think 7-9 is out of the question? Would you have realy thought we would have been 8-8 last year? I know I wouldn't have, I thought we had a serious shot at defending the title.

My expectations for our team are high every year, however I try to remain based in reality, a 10 or 11 win season isn't out of the question at all. However, unless we run the table in our first 5 games, it probably won't happen. We have quite a few rough road games in the second half of the season, not to mention a Seattle team that hasn't changed much since the SB, and wants nothing more than to beat us in our own house. Oh and in the NFL, any team is lucky to win 7 games. A few calls go bad, a muffed punt, a 4 INT game by our QB, and 7-9 is a possibility. We could have been 11-5 last year pretty easily, but we weren't.

I am so sure that you are dead wrong with your predictions Stillers#1 that I will bet you every penny of SA gold that I have that we will make the playoffs. The day we are mathematically eliminated I will transfer every cent of SA Gold that I have over to you. And when we have made the playoffs I would expect you to transfer an amount equal to what I have at stake into my bank (since you have considerably more $$). Sound fair? Regardless of what my account holds at that time you don't stand to lose anymore than you could gain. Guess I'm challenging you to put your money where your mouth is.

Now you are asking me to bet against the Steelers? Talk about a conflict in interest, there is a reason I don't ever bet on Steelers games, or season's with real money. It would make zero sense for me to bet against my favorite team, jsut so I can say I told you so. I would much rather you be right in this case, as opposed to me being right.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 12:52 PM
I don't know what he said, but I'm sure I didn't miss much by having him on ignore.

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Now you are asking me to bet against the Steelers? Talk about a conflict in interest, there is a reason I don't ever bet on Steelers games, or season's with real money. It would make zero sense for me to bet against my favorite team, jsut so I can say I told you so. I would much rather you be right in this case, as opposed to me being right.

It's not real money. I bet you whatever I have in SA Gold at the time our team either makes it or is eliminated. I don't want to debate with anyone whether they are a fan or not. I just find your views of the Steelers pessimistic......not realistic. A team only a year removed from a championship with a QB who had a near death experience should be given a pass on a bad season. Apparently you are not as confident about our teams demise as I am about our success!

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 01:09 PM
It's not real money. I bet you whatever I have in SA Gold at the time our team either makes it or is eliminated. I don't want to debate with anyone whether they are a fan or not. I just find your views of the Steelers pessimistic......not realistic. A team only a year removed from a championship with a QB who had a near death experience should be given a pass on a bad season. Apparently you are not as confident about our teams demise as I am about our success!

Thinking 7-9 is a possibility is not being pessimistic. I am not going to make a stupid bet like that, why would I ever bet against my team? It's not like I said we were going to go 0-16, I simply said it's realistic that we could go 7-9. We are goign through quite a bit of turnover on the team right now, and a alot of teams simply aren't dealing with what we are dealing with at the moment. Once again, it is retarded for anyone to bet against their team.

Having said that, a 10 win season is not out of the question either, I don't ever think I said it was. I just said a 7 win season could beb a reality. A lot of people smash Smizik for what he says, but there is a reason he is a sports writer, and you're not.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2007, 01:16 PM
What I don't understand is why people are being bashed for having an opinion? I thought this was America were people had the right to state their opinions? But with the way our government is anymore they are turning this country into Nazi, Germany. So why should some people on this site be any different.

I find nothing wrong with what Stillers said in his posts. Its not like he is saying the Steelers suck. All he is saying is this team is coming off an 8-8 year and still has questions marks. So 7-9 isn't out of the question but at the sametime 10-6 isn't out of the question either.

**** let the man have his opinion. I don't agree with Stillers on everything but I respect what the man has to say.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 01:22 PM
What I don't understand is why people are being bashed for having an opinion? I thought this was America were people had the right to state their opinions? But with the way our government is anymore they are turning this country into Nazi, Germany. So why should some people on this site be any different.

I find nothing wrong with what Stillers said in his posts. Its not like he is saying the Steelers suck. All he is saying is this team is coming off an 8-8 year and still has questions marks. So 7-9 isn't out of the question but at the sametime 10-6 isn't out of the question either.

**** let the man have his opinion. I don't agree with Stillers on everything but I respect what the man has to say.

Thanks man, but I think it's been decided that I'm a bad fan, lol. BlackGold4vr knows all.

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2007, 01:26 PM
A lot of people smash Smizik for what he says, but there is a reason he is a sports writer, and you're not.

Oh.......sportswriters don't make dumbass statements? Are they ever held accountable for what they write? Will Smizik rerun his article with a "I'm a dumbass" recant of what he said if our team has a great year? Just because its in print doesn't mean its worth reading. Just about anybody can be published these days. The enormous amount of crap being printed proves it. John Clayton liked to bash his hometown teams too, that's why he is no longer in Pittsburgh and is not welcome anywhere near their locker rooms.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok I read the article again and what did Smizik write that was so bad. All he is basically saying that this team has question marks and the Steelers are not a lock for the Super Bowl. Hell I have read worse from Smizik and other sports writers before. To me this article isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.lol

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh.......sportswriters don't make dumbass statements? Are they ever held accountable for what they write? Will Smizik rerun his article with a "I'm a dumbass" recant of what he said if our team has a great year? Just because its in print doesn't mean its worth reading. Just about anybody can be published these days. The enormous amount of crap being printed proves it. John Clayton liked to bash his hometown teams too, that's why he is no longer in Pittsburgh and is not welcome anywhere near their locker rooms.

Everyone makes dumbass statements, not just sportswriters, the point I am making is that more often then not, Smizik is pretty spot on. if you think him saying the Steelers "could" have a losing season is bashing them, then you are just overly sensitive.

It's not just "in print", it's in Pttsburgh's largest newspaper, if it's so easy to get into the PPG, then why aren't your gold plated opinions in print? You're so quick to bash anything you don't agree with, funny, you remind me of a certain Cali resident from that other Steelers forum.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 01:38 PM
John Clayton liked to bash his hometown teams too, that's why he is no longer in Pittsburgh and is not welcome anywhere near their locker rooms.

B/C Pittsburghers don't like to hear the truth, but the fact is, most Pittsburghers are quick to bash as soon a team doesn't meet standards.

BlackGold4vr
04-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Thanks man, but I think it's been decided that I'm a bad fan, lol. BlackGold4vr knows all.

I never questioned your loyalty to our team. I said that I find your views to be pessimistic. Guess that is not allowed. Apparently your idea of debate is when everybody agrees with you. You have made my ignore list and I really don't fear that I'll miss much by screening out your venomous posts.

TEEMONT
04-22-2007, 01:50 PM
I never questioned your loyalty to our team. I said that I find your views to be pessimistic. Guess that is not allowed. Apparently your idea of debate is when everybody agrees with you. You have made my ignore list and I really don't fear that I'll miss much by screening out your venomous posts.

Lol...venomous posts....now that is comedy. I'm the one whose idea of a debate is having everone agree with me? Seriously? You are talking to the guy who argues against Big Ben.....an arguement I never expect to win. I guess its not allowed for my views to be the same as Bob Smizik. I'm glad you put me on ignore, b/c I don't really want to deal with a Cali elitist anyways. Don't be such a close-minded prick.

Prosdo
04-22-2007, 02:49 PM
You guys are more than welcomed to debate, but please keep all personal attacks and such out of it.

Prosdo
04-22-2007, 02:56 PM

I have to agree here. My opinion is the Steelers will make the playoffs, but what Stillers is saying is very possible.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't care who you are or how long you've been on this site. Hell I don't care if you agree with everyone or you make a living out of disagreeing with everyone but nobody should have to get bashed for their views whether they are optimistic, even, or pessimistic.

We all have a right to our opinions here no matter who agrees with them or not. NOBODY has the right to personal attacks on the forums. You can disagree all you want, debate all you want, but at the end of the day we're all fans. Keep the personal attacks out of it, period.

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Steelers 13-3 and your all going to being asking Joey who? :tt02: This team will come out hungry and with something to prove.

Koopa
04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
i don't get the argument, all stillers is trying to say is 7-9 is a possibility, it's not like he's saying the steelers suck and WILL go 7-9, all he saying is the truth, there's always a possibility of sucking complete *** and going under .500, it don't make him a bad fan......... he just don't like lying to himself lol

and i agree, it's really to early to tell what our season is gonna be like until after the draft, we still have holes to fill, and there are still teams that are better then us, whether some like to admit it or not, right now, the best i think we can probably do is 10 wins, and maybe second place in the division....... i hope we can win more, and win the division........ but as of this moment, our team isn't better or worse then our 8-8 team of 2006...... so it's kinda hard to imagine a huge improvement of 12 wins or more........

SteelersfaninPhilly
04-22-2007, 07:22 PM
You will see an improvement to at least 12 wins.

DIESELMAN
04-22-2007, 08:37 PM
i don't get the argument, all stillers is trying to say is 7-9 is a possibility, it's not like he's saying the steelers suck and WILL go 7-9, all he saying is the truth, there's always a possibility of sucking complete *** and going under .500, it don't make him a bad fan......... he just don't like lying to himself lol

and i agree, it's really to early to tell what our season is gonna be like until after the draft, we still have holes to fill, and there are still teams that are better then us, whether some like to admit it or not, right now, the best i think we can probably do is 10 wins, and maybe second place in the division....... i hope we can win more, and win the division........ but as of this moment, our team isn't better or worse then our 8-8 team of 2006...... so it's kinda hard to imagine a huge improvement of 12 wins or more........

Very true.....optimism is a good thing but reality is a totally different animal. Look how optimistic we were about the 2006 season coming off a SB win. Look what happened..the bottom fell out. Everybody on here has their opinion, which maked for good debates. If everybody agreed 100% of the time this would be a boring place to visit. Me? I love a good arguement if the other person comes my way with good statements and backs it up with real words instead of profanties and insults.

BlitzburghRockCity
04-22-2007, 09:53 PM

You make very good points Koopa, and you're correct as of right now we're neither better or worse than last year but the main thing we have going for us is an apparent new attitude and rediscovered hope for the coming season. Everybody starts fresh and hopefully that will go a long way to keeping our confidence up.