PDA

View Full Version : WR's

MillerTime83
04-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Everyone is saying Calvin Johnson is "the safest pick" my words are so what if Calvin Johnson is the prototype WR so what if he ran fast, but can the man play? That would be a yes!

Me personally top WR's go

Calvin Johnson
Dwayne Jarrett
-----------------
Anthony Gonzalez
Ted Ginn Jr
Steve Smith
-----------------
Sidney Rice
Jason Hill

How do you guys feel? I personally would like to see Steelers nab Anthony Gonzalez if he is there in the 2nd. That would be a steal. If not him then Hunt all the way!

BB2W
04-21-2007, 02:30 AM
I really like Robert Meachum... although he could be a "workout warrior". His stats don't compare to how he performed at the combine or the college all-star challenge. The dude is like a robot... I was impressed.

MillerTime83
04-21-2007, 02:44 AM
I really like Robert Meachum... although he could be a "workout warrior". His stats don't compare to how he performed at the combine of the college all-star challenge. The dude is like a robot... I was impressed.

Yeah I like him too but I had to limit myself to 7 wide outs. LOL i originally had only 5. I think Jarret ,although running not so hot in the 40, is going to have the best rookie WR season out of this draft for two reasons.
1. he wont be going to one of the worst team in the NFL based on last year.
2. he has a nose for the end zone. I think him not running at the combine and then running 4.57 when he finally did droped his rank further then it should have. I mean 216 receptions, 41 touchdowns, 3,138 yards (14.5 avg.)
Whats not to like?

SteelerDan43
04-21-2007, 02:57 AM
I think Meachem should be the 3rd or 4th off the board. Something has to be said for consitancy

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Meachem is a RED ZONE FORCE OF TERROR. I think he would fit very well in the Steelers plan, but in my heart, I say, he could be heading to Kansas City or San Diego who needs a player of his calibur. He is going to be a fine pro.

jasonbay
04-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Yeah getting Meachem would be awesome but I doubt we'll be able to get him.

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 12:17 PM
meachem is a rare special player, this kid stretching everything and catching everything thrown at him, he is going to be a star in this league without a doubt.

BRICKTOWN BEAST
04-21-2007, 12:47 PM
please don't get a reciver in the first 4 round please, id rather have a cb in the first round then a wr in the first 4 rounds. we need a rb instead a wr we don't even need a wr a like Gonzales but I don't want a wasted picked on a position we don't need.

House of Steel
04-21-2007, 12:54 PM
What's wrong with picking up a WR in the 3rd or 4th round???? Wilson isn't doing **** for us, I think we could get a gem in those rounds. I wouldn't mind getting a receiver. Of course, we need to set the priority on getting a OL, DB, RB, WR, and P. I think in the fourth round we could go after that Punter from Baylor, I don't want to offend K-train, cause I can't spell his last name correctly. We do need a Punter.

Black@Gold Forever32
04-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Where is Dwayne Bowe on that list? Hey I think Bowe is the 3rd or 4th best WR in this draft.

As for the Steelers drafting a WR. You can never have enough weapons for your QB. The Steelers can still can some WRs in the 3rd or 4th rounds. I really like Jacoby Jones the WR from Lane.

MillerTime83
04-21-2007, 02:49 PM
please don't get a reciver in the first 4 round please, id rather have a cb in the first round then a wr in the first 4 rounds. we need a rb instead a wr we don't even need a wr a like Gonzales but I don't want a wasted picked on a position we don't need.

I dont care what we need as long as we take the best player. All im saying is I would like us to see Gonzo or Hunt in the secound.

steelcitysfinestXL
04-23-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont care what we need as long as we take the best player. All im saying is I would like us to see Gonzo or Hunt in the secound.

Agreed w the best player part, i would like to see Jarrett slip to the mid 2nd and us get him (move up if we have to) I agree, Jarrett may have the best rookie season in this years draft, due to the fact he will prob be on a playoff caliber team. I like Meacham and Bowe also i think they were left out of the original, post!?!?

K Train
04-23-2007, 06:44 PM
Meachem and bowe and Ginn >>>>>>>>>>>>>Jarrett

steelcitysfinestXL
04-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Meachem and bowe and Ginn >>>>>>>>>>>>>Jarrett

to each his own, i see the upside to all these guys but Jarrett is the best ALL-AROUND WR, the only guy i would want as much as him is Ginn Jr. and thats only cause what he brings in the return game, and he can def stretch the field as a wr but is still a lil raw in is WR skills!

DIESELMAN
04-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't like Jarrett, its not so much his slow 40 time (4.6), he has trouble getting off the line and he takes his talent for granted. He'll be another Mike Williams....a bust

MillerTime83
04-23-2007, 09:17 PM
agree to dissagree i guess i feel Jarret is oging to be a monster.

K Train
04-23-2007, 10:12 PM
40 times are soo overrated, BUT i dont like jarrett either, hes weak, hes soft....he plays much faster than 4.6, i just dont think hes gonna be good in the pros, just another great college WR imo

House of Steel
04-23-2007, 10:31 PM
I rather draft Meachem to be honest with you all. He flat out beats the hell out of everyone in the RED ZONE, where it counts the most. He is guarantee PAYDIRT!!!